Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,271 members, 7,853,330 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:32 PM

Valentine Day Frenzy; Love Should Not Be Timely. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Valentine Day Frenzy; Love Should Not Be Timely. (909 Views)

Love Should Last , Don't U Think So? / When It Comes To Love, Should You Really Follow Your Heart? / This Is How Love Should Be(touching) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Valentine Day Frenzy; Love Should Not Be Timely. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 10, 2010
The whole fuss about Valentine day, the 14th February, got me thinking:

Love should not be timely. I mean, Let's preach love everyday of our lives.

Do lovers have to share gifts only on the 14th, Feb?

Do people or dignitaries have to see the orphanage homes just on that day?

Do lovers have to make surprises and candle lit dinners that night, Feb 14th

And many more timely acts,

It baffles me, because love should be shown everyday.

In my opinion, Valentine's day is simply misconstrued. Yes, It's great that there's a day dedicated to lovers. Very great. But when people ''wait'' for that day to have sex, or show some extra emotion is where I find really offensive.

To think also, that the day has brought about some very unpleasant memories thus:

Lovers begin to compete as to who gives out the most eye- popping gifts, leaving a group of friends who got ''the least'' gifts feeling less- loved.

Spread of AIDS and increased immorality. A night of sin basically.

Increased theft. I mean, we all got to impress.

It's just a day of unusual madness. Irritates me too. Everyone wearing Red and White. ''Olumba Olumba''.
Couple fought yesterday, 13th february, Do not kick up old dust until the 15th,
I mean, put a sock in it.
And the broke- ass niggas? Oh no, they find some flaw and call it quits!

I think we should embrace love daily!
We should make everyday a love day. We shouldn't wait till our calender reads the 14th to show care. I mean, it seems fake. We should not wait for that day to show our nicest sides. In fact, let that day just be a holiday for us. We should have healthy fun too,

EVERYDAY SHOULD BE A ''VALENTINE'S DAY'' and really, don't break your necks trying to impress with the most expensive gifts. Its not the gift, but the giver.

(1) (Reply)

Earlier Or Later? When Would You Prefer To Know About It? / Before I Marry / How Make A Man Or Woman Marry You In 3 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.