Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,273 members, 7,829,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Should I Tell My Husband About My Dirty Past? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Tell My Husband About My Dirty Past? (2013 Views)

Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? / How Do I Tell Her To Go? The Lockdown Is Tiring Already / My Dirty Secret With My Attractive Landlord’s Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Tell My Husband About My Dirty Past? by VirtueDigest: 1:30pm On Aug 03, 2017
After several abortions before marriage, I finally got married to a wonderful guy. However, he doesn’t have all the sordid details of my past life. We have been trying for 3 years now to have a baby and I fear it may be as a result of my actions in the past. Do I own up now? Isn’t it too late? (Rose, Benin)

I’ll begin by saying there is no single human being without an adulterated past, be it lies, gossip, lust, greed, malice, envy, jealousy, backbiting, abortion, cheating, stealing, rape or outright murder. There is no small or big sin before God- every act of sin is categorized same before God. That is not to say God condones sin. God detests sin, but loves the sinner because it is not His delight to see us wallow in sin whose end is imminent destruction.

However, in Christ, our past is wiped out clean by the blood of Jesus and we have a clean slate to begin with. 2 Corinthians 5:17 states that ‘If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature, old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new’. So long as you’ve done away with your past deeds and surrendered to Jesus, He no longer holds your past against you. So the question I’ll ask is ‘have you surrendered to Jesus?’ If you have, you need no longer to berate yourself over your past because as long as God is concerned, it no longer exists. On the other hand, if you have not surrendered to Jesus, I’ll encourage you to do so. It’s only in Him you can make giant strides forward having had your past completely wiped out through the spotless Blood of Jesus.

Thirdly, go for a medical check up to ascertain the cause of the infertility. If the doctor says it’s because of past abortions, ask to know what options you have. If they are not much, you’ll have to bring your husband in and plead with him to join you in praying because regardless of what the doctors say, you know you are still going to have your children. You need his buy-in. It won’t augur well if your husband discovers himself.

Your children will come at God’s appointed time, just believe God’s Word. Study God’s Word particularly where the blessings of children are emphasized. You could begin from Gen 1:28 ‘God blessed them and said, have many children and grow in number. Fill the earth and be its master. Rule over the fish in the sea, and the birds in the sky and over every living thing that moves in the earth’. Also, Exodus 23:26 states that ‘None of your women will have her baby die before it is born, and all women will have children, I will allow you to live long lives’. There are many other scriptures that focus on God’s blessings on fruitfulness.

In conclusion, it’s good you feel to remorseful but don’t allow the devil hold you bound through guilt. Regardless of how adulterated your past may be, your future remains a glorious virtue.

Rejoice, mother of nations.

If you have questions you would like our counsellor to respond to, kindly send your question via email to beauty4ashes@virtuedigest.com
Re: Should I Tell My Husband About My Dirty Past? by Freewoman(f): 1:41pm On Aug 03, 2017
Try another penn,is and see what happened, you know what?, in most cases, they always blame women whereas it supposed to be the man faults, dont border telling him anything rather on your own subject your self to full medical examination, to ascertain your fear, Old things has passed away, every other things becomes new, dont let your past hunt you, no one, i repeat, no one that doesnt have more terrible past............ dont bring trouble into your marriage, what if the fault is from the man, he will now stand so firm to blame you, while you will be the only one bearing the entire pains, after you may have confirm your self medically fit, ask your husband to do so............. READERS SHOULD NOT BASH ME HERE PLEASE< THIS IS JUST AN ADVICE ONLY{}

VirtueDigest:
After several abortions before marriage, I finally got married to a wonderful guy. However, he doesn’t have all the sordid details of my past life. We have been trying for 3 years now to have a baby and I fear it may be as a result of my actions in the past. Do I own up now? Isn’t it too late? (Rose, Benin)

I’ll begin by saying there is no single human being without an adulterated past, be it lies, gossip, lust, greed, malice, envy, jealousy, backbiting, abortion, cheating, stealing, rape or outright murder. There is no small or big sin before God- every act of sin is categorized same before God. That is not to say God condones sin. God detests sin, but loves the sinner because it is not His delight to see us wallow in sin whose end is imminent destruction.

However, in Christ, our past is wiped out clean by the blood of Jesus and we have a clean slate to begin with. 2 Corinthians 5:17 states that ‘If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature, old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new’. So long as you’ve done away with your past deeds and surrendered to Jesus, He no longer holds your past against you. So the question I’ll ask is ‘have you surrendered to Jesus?’ If you have, you need no longer to berate yourself over your past because as long as God is concerned, it no longer exists. On the other hand, if you have not surrendered to Jesus, I’ll encourage you to do so. It’s only in Him you can make giant strides forward having had your past completely wiped out through the spotless Blood of Jesus.

Thirdly, go for a medical check up to ascertain the cause of the infertility. If the doctor says it’s because of past abortions, ask to know what options you have. If they are not much, you’ll have to bring your husband in and plead with him to join you in praying because regardless of what the doctors say, you know you are still going to have your children. You need his buy-in. It won’t augur well if your husband discovers himself.

Your children will come at God’s appointed time, just believe God’s Word. Study God’s Word particularly where the blessings of children are emphasized. You could begin from Gen 1:28 ‘God blessed them and said, have many children and grow in number. Fill the earth and be its master. Rule over the fish in the sea, and the birds in the sky and over every living thing that moves in the earth’. Also, Exodus 23:26 states that ‘None of your women will have her baby die before it is born, and all women will have children, I will allow you to live long lives’. There are many other scriptures that focus on God’s blessings on fruitfulness.

In conclusion, it’s good you feel to remorseful but don’t allow the devil hold you bound through guilt. Regardless of how adulterated your past may be, your future remains a glorious virtue.

If you have questions you would like our counsellor to respond to, kindly send your question via email to beauty4ashes@virtuedigest.com
Re: Should I Tell My Husband About My Dirty Past? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 03, 2017
Freewoman:
Try another penn,is and see what happened

Is this all you have to say Ehn ? Bad advise ! Bad advise ! bad advise ! undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Husband About My Dirty Past? by Freewoman(f): 1:47pm On Aug 03, 2017
truthsayer009:

Is this all you have to say Ehn ? Bad advise ! Bad advise ! bad advise ! undecided

You see your life, that was only thing you read ehhhhhhh, make i waka pass, am coming back to beat you!!

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Husband About My Dirty Past? by pizzylee(m): 1:51pm On Aug 03, 2017
this is smtin u av to do on ur own.....cos if u told him,he myt take it badly n if u don't he can find out smway

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Husband About My Dirty Past? by MissRaine69(f): 1:57pm On Aug 03, 2017
The husband was deprived of choice. And that was a very selfish thing to do. All this should have come out before the marriage and he SHOULD have been given the choice of carry on or walking away. Bringing all this after the fact could result in a lot of mistrust and put the marriage in jeopady. This is what's called playing with a live grenade.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Husband About My Dirty Past? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 03, 2017
Yes you should, our past will always haunt us.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Husband About My Dirty Past? by goodmorning40: 2:17pm On Aug 03, 2017
He will say the marriage was based on deceit And lies, that is a ticket to everyday trouble, and u know what that means

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Husband About My Dirty Past? by stormborn28(m): 2:37pm On Aug 03, 2017
VirtueDigest:

u see...d problem with some f girls or boys is dat after conscious committing grievious sins u come up with no sin is greater than d other....says who.? during d time of Moses sins were categorise according to God's command....and different punishment were given accordingly.....d issue of abortion I detest.....I cannot ask a girl to commit abortion on my behalf....i must take responsibilty of my action....reason y I hate girls or boys calling a pregnancy unwanted.....if u cannot take responsibility y doing it in d first place....

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Husband About My Dirty Past? by stormborn28(m): 2:40pm On Aug 03, 2017
MissRaine69:
The husband was deprived of choice. And that was a very selfish thing to do. All this should have come out before the marriage and he SHOULD have been given the choice of carry on or walking away. Bringing all this after the fact could result in a lot of mistrust and put the marriage in jeopady. This is what's called playing with a live grenade.
God bless u for saying d truth oooo

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Husband About My Dirty Past? by stormborn28(m): 2:44pm On Aug 03, 2017
Freewoman:
Try another penn,is and see what happened, you know what?, in most cases, they always blame women whereas it supposed to be the man faults, dont border telling him anything rather on your own subject your self to full medical examination, to ascertain your fear, Old things has passed away, every other things becomes new, dont let your past hunt you, no one, i repeat, no one that doesnt have more terrible past............ dont bring trouble into your marriage, what if the fault is from the man, he will now stand so firm to blame you, while you will be the only one bearing the entire pains, after you may have confirm your self medically fit, ask your husband to do so............. READERS SHOULD NOT BASH ME HERE PLEASE< THIS IS JUST AN ADVICE ONLY{}

u see...d problem with some of u girls
or boys is dat after consciously
committing grievious sins u come up
with no sin is greater than d
other....says who.? during d time of
Moses sins were categorise
according to God's command....and
different punishment were given
accordingly.....d issue of abortion I
detest.....I cannot ask a girl to
commit abortion on my behalf....i
must take responsibilty of my
action....reason y I hate girls or boys
calling a pregnancy unwanted.....if u
cannot take responsibility y doing it
in d first place....

terrible advice coming from a girl....

no wonder we have bastard children in some family
Re: Should I Tell My Husband About My Dirty Past? by MrCork: 2:50pm On Aug 03, 2017
Rorachy:
Yes you should, our past will always haunt us.

angry

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Husband About My Dirty Past? by cerowo(f): 2:55pm On Aug 03, 2017
It might not be yr fault. Why nt go for checkup, so you knw if it's frm you or not. Dnt tell yr husband, so it wldn't bring prblm into yr marriage. Wait nd do the test first

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Husband About My Dirty Past? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 3:23pm On Aug 03, 2017
U re in a very dicey situation here.First step go check urself up alone.If the result is not in ur favour,tell ur husband ur past before both of u go for check up. Secondly,if it favours u ,ask him to go for check but don't tell him u ve gone for urs already,he might not like it. Convince him that both of u need a thorough medical examination. If he agrees Nd u guys re certified OK,then go to God in prayers Nd repent fully he will give children.But never u for one day tell him that even after u ve bn certified OK cause it might still hurt him Nd ur marriage might break. Gudluck.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Husband About My Dirty Past? by konfused: 4:15pm On Aug 03, 2017
Funny how some folks are quick to say old things are passed away as if that adage you reap what you sow no longer works.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Husband About My Dirty Past? by MyNewJackeT: 4:17pm On Aug 03, 2017
This is the reason I usually test drive before buying any car, to know I if the engine is still OK.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Husband About My Dirty Past? by Lewaluv(f): 4:34pm On Aug 03, 2017
Check wit d doctor. If everything is fine why hurt him?

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Husband About My Dirty Past? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 03, 2017
Freewoman:

all these slayqueens sef sad
@op
both u and ur hubby should go for a medical examination.
Re: Should I Tell My Husband About My Dirty Past? by ProudtobeaMUMUM(m): 4:50pm On Aug 03, 2017
Freewoman:

mynd44 a slay queen spotted, so because of these hoes, that's why you have been banning me
Myndooooooooooooooooooo, enemies of state are much on this forum

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Husband About My Dirty Past? by Martin0(m): 5:12pm On Aug 03, 2017
lefulefu:
all these slayqueens sef sad @op both u and ur hubby should go for a medical examination.
hahahahahhahahaha aaaaaaagrin na wa for u ooogrin

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Husband About My Dirty Past? by Mylivetime: 6:06pm On Aug 03, 2017
Well, it's better he hears it from you instead of finding out later from someone else.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Husband About My Dirty Past? by dingbang(m): 6:47pm On Aug 03, 2017
I still wonder how people get to skip getting sordid details about their partner's past life

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Husband About My Dirty Past? by Freewoman(f): 6:53pm On Aug 03, 2017
You talk wella but your last words make no sense naaah, when you injected that thing into that women, then it incubate and form a bady, father, mother rejected the girl, the very boy or man denied responsibility, and your reputation, education, career and other things were at stake just simple because you asked him to us condom and he refused, he wanted to have all the taste at once, the girl is weak in saying no, after listening to his unending promises, today she is lonely in shame,tired and helplessly, what would you do in this circumstances, if you are the woman, what is your stance. dont lie .....................?

stormborn28:

u see...d problem with some of u girls
or boys is dat after consciously
committing grievious sins u come up
with no sin is greater than d
other....says who.? during d time of
Moses sins were categorise
according to God's command....and
different punishment were given
accordingly.....d issue of abortion I
detest.....I cannot ask a girl to
commit abortion on my behalf....i
must take responsibilty of my
action....reason y I hate girls or boys
calling a pregnancy unwanted.....if u
cannot take responsibility y doing it
in d first place....

terrible advice coming from a girl....

no wonder we have bastard children in some family

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Husband About My Dirty Past? by stormborn28(m): 6:59pm On Aug 03, 2017
Freewoman:

You talk wella but your last words make no sense naaah, when you injected that thing into that women, then it incubate and form a bady, father, mother rejected the girl, the very boy or man denied responsibility, and your reputation, education, career and other things were at stake just simple because you asked him to us condom and he refused, he wanted to have all the taste at once, the girl is weak in saying no, after listening to his unending promises, today she is lonely in shame,tired and helplessly, what would you do in this circumstances, if you are the woman, what is your stance. dont lie .....................?

I didn't get ur message clear

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Husband About My Dirty Past? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 03, 2017
Were you confirmed that you cannot conceive after the numerous abortions ?

If yes then why have you kept it a secrete for so long ?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dance In The Graveyard / Why Do Women Find It Easy To Slap Their Man For minor Reasons? / Can You Guess My Husband's Profession Just By Looking At My Photo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.