Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,408 members, 7,812,205 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? (15939 Views)

Toolz Asks Sheyi Shay For Undies,after Posting Pics Of Dress Revelaing Tits&bums / Should Women Carry Their Own Condoms? Toolz Asks / "Should Women Carry Their Condoms?" - Toolz Asks (See comments) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by mmsen: 9:24pm On Aug 03, 2017
jakD:

Seriously, I don't know why most Nigerians want to be greedy because someone else has been greedy.

It's not just greedy, it's cannibalistic and destructive.
Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by obiezed: 9:24pm On Aug 03, 2017
All this idiots that keep repeating''stealing isn't corruption''should stop quoting the ex-president out of context,not to apologize for his shortcomings of which there are many, but he clearly said looting and stealing should be called what it is stealing and not corruption. Period.
Back to topic,I won't because there is no need to.the position is lucrative enough without having to steal.
Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by kokomaster3d: 9:25pm On Aug 03, 2017
See the kind of generation we are raising.

1 Like

Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by Ashley86400: 9:26pm On Aug 03, 2017
liftedhigh:
Question!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-kReq4Jw9Q
Only in Unilag.
Shofoluwe (VC who died in service ) would probably be smiling in his grave if he could. smiley
#Unilagproduct
Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 03, 2017
`
Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by omohayek: 9:40pm On Aug 03, 2017
I'm glad to see so many Nigerians being honest with themselves about how they'd behave when faced with the incredible temptations that this role offers. Those who claim they wouldn't steal if given the chance are as credible as a man saying he would remain chaste in a top-class whorehouse when all expenses are being paid on his behalf: no matter how religious you are, and how much rectitude you display in ordinary life, it takes superhuman strength to be exposed to such temptation and not succumb.

More thoughtful people would take the opportunity offered by a question like this to ask why exactly Nigeria needs a "Minister of Petroleum" in the first place. The USA has a Department of Energy, but it doesn't concern itself with doling out oil blocks, and the UK never had an "Energy Minister" even at the height of the North Sea oil boom; both countries left such matters entirely to the private sector, restricting themselves to taxation and monitoring of environmental conditions, so why does Nigeria do things differently, if not to facilitate corruption? Simply slapping a 50% tax on the oil companies would probably have achieved more than Nigeria has managed through NNPC and the 4 failing, obsolete refineries, so why keep in place a system that allows the likes of Abacha, Diezani, Aluko and co. to become dollar multi-millionaires (or even billionaires) at the stroke of a pen?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by logica(m): 9:41pm On Aug 03, 2017
bbbabes:

NA which secondary school you go, olodo oshi
That's what we call "Ebonics". smiley
Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by tosinjay(m): 9:58pm On Aug 03, 2017
Most Nigerians would. Minus me grin
Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by Maximus85(m): 10:05pm On Aug 03, 2017
JNBoss:
Pregnant OAP, Tolu "Toolz" Demuren asked a question today and the comments will have you shook.

The Captain's wife simply asked " If you became Minister of Petroleum tomorrow, would you steal/loot?

Ermmm, I won't loot sha, but stealing isn't corruption shey.

NEWS VIA: http://www.jamienaija.com/2017/08/toolz-asks-would-you-loot-if-you-become.html

I won't loot nor steal but over night I will beat David's 30billion for the account. I will make sure I hushed that poppy for Real.
Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by raysplashinfo(m): 10:08pm On Aug 03, 2017
cescky:
very very dumb question from a popular figure
Hoping to hear this...
may God bless u tremendously
Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by ogunladeabiodun: 10:09pm On Aug 03, 2017
bbbabes:

undecided[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 03, 2017
This administration's supporters, I thought they are saints and corrupt free citizens. Look at their response!
Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by burkingx(f): 10:30pm On Aug 03, 2017
grin

Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:44pm On Aug 03, 2017
ode toolzbox...diz one don they use pregnancy hormonal rush post rubbish as she don loose relevance and all doze days of trolling after she post doze her yeye shitttbox online...the funniest part na say joblessness go push the shittt come here just to upset sane minded people like me here wey first believe in the good old days of nairaland b4 the advent of cheap data and nonsense glo cheats.. undecided
JNBoss:
Pregnant OAP, Tolu "Toolz" Demuren asked a question today and the comments will have you shook.

The Captain's wife simply asked " If you became Minister of Petroleum tomorrow, would you steal/loot?

NEWS VIA: http://www.jamienaija.com/2017/08/toolz-asks-would-you-loot-if-you-become.html

Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by DarryOsh(m): 10:44pm On Aug 03, 2017
bbbabes:

While 'shook' as an adjective is not standard English, it's a very popular English slang. Who knows, it could become standard English someday.

I'm shook that you think it's a grammatical blunder.
Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by DreamSonInlaw(m): 10:54pm On Aug 03, 2017
bbbabes:

Hahahaha...even this grammatical misconstruction na corruptn bt em no know...Kontinu Patience Jonathan paddy
Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by DreamSonInlaw(m): 10:56pm On Aug 03, 2017
kn23h:
Would I drink water if II were thirsty? grin

You prolly do a dry fast
Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by DreamSonInlaw(m): 11:00pm On Aug 03, 2017
Havnt been there so I don't know how things operate there.
I prolly get small for me n my fam not for my grand grand grand kid n i'll do d work...Yeah
Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by piagetskinner(m): 11:32pm On Aug 03, 2017
from the comments it shows Nigeria is still far from getting to the promised land....

our mentality has to be overhauled

but truht be told...u never know who a man truly is until he has money and power
Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by bigsmoke2(m): 12:02am On Aug 04, 2017
I will loot responsibly grin
Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by Pinkfeet: 12:07am On Aug 04, 2017
YOUNGSTUNNA:
loot is an understatement to what I will do, in fact dictionary is yet originate the word.
I'll loot to the extent whereby both past and present looters will be shocked.

my first speech will be like *looting is not corruption, but an act of saving against tomorrow*
lolz grin grin

were are u saving it.
Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by Nobody: 1:54am On Aug 04, 2017
Pinkfeet:

lolz grin grin

were are u saving it.
gringrin EFCC agent.... I no go tell you
Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by davidif: 1:59am On Aug 04, 2017
JNBoss:

And this is why you need to get rid of state owned extractive industries. They are drivers of corruption for the the political elites from Russia to Venezuela.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by DrHighchief(m): 6:22am On Aug 04, 2017
I won't loot because my conscience won't allow me
Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 04, 2017
omohayek:
I'm glad to see so many Nigerians being honest with themselves about how they'd behave when faced with the incredible temptations that this role offers. Those who claim they wouldn't steal if given the chance are as credible as a man saying he would remain chaste in a top-class whorehouse when all expenses are being paid on his behalf: no matter how religious you are, and how much rectitude you display in ordinary life, it takes superhuman strength to be exposed to such temptation and not succumb.

More thoughtful people would take the opportunity offered by a question like this to ask why exactly Nigeria needs a "Minister of Petroleum" in the first place. The USA has a Department of Energy, but it doesn't concern itself with doling out oil blocks, and the UK never had an "Energy Minister" even at the height of the North Sea oil boom; both countries left such matters entirely to the private sector, restricting themselves to taxation and monitoring of environmental conditions, so why does Nigeria do things differently, if not to facilitate corruption? Simply slapping a 50% tax on the oil companies would probably have achieved more than Nigeria has managed through NNPC and the 4 failing, obsolete refineries, so why keep in place a system that allows the likes of Abacha, Diezani, Aluko and co. to become dollar multi-millionaires (or even billionaires) at the stroke of a pen?

God bless you. I wish I could see you in person. You Crafted your thoughts so perfectly. So you see I was telling my friend a fortnight ago that Nigeria problem is the entire system is rigged to favour corruption. We concentrated so much powers in certain offices, allowing room for looting and we whine and complain that we need an attitudinal change. I remember a lecturer saying smth like "the natural state of man is barbarity. Once man has the slightest opportunity to be barbaric without check, he goes poof!!!
So it applies to systems and corruption. If a system creates loop holes for stealing, Emeka would steal, Hassan would, and Tunde would as well. The problem wasn't Deziani; Infact I can bet my fingers that all Petroleum ministers (Including presidents that wore the portfolio) all did what Dieziani did, and maybe more, but the public consciousness wasn't there to bring their looting to light.

Create a good system and watch how these excesses are curbed. If not with the current way things are shrouded in the NNPC and similar Money making govt agencies, everyone who finds himself there WILL steal, even me. grin

1 Like

Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by ableguy(m): 8:14am On Aug 04, 2017
jakD:

A foreigner should come and fix it for you?
And for ur mind u think Nigeria will ever be good?
Even if other country will be good Nigeria can't, besides I hope for something best and that's the only solution to mankind's ill.
Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by Rozaytee: 5:00pm On Aug 04, 2017
cescky:
very very dumb question from a popular figure
there is nothing dumb about d question.....one day we may one way or d other find our selfs there.....

2 Likes

Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by Rozaytee: 5:02pm On Aug 04, 2017
Most people sayin no or useless question...will be worst dan d present looters...

2 Likes

Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by cescky(m): 5:47pm On Aug 04, 2017
Rozaytee:
there is nothing dumb about d question.....one day we may one way or d other find our selfs there.....

sorry to bust your bubble rozay, but if you dont see the folly in the question YOU will never attain that post
Re: Toolz Asks: "Would You Loot If You Become Minister Of Petroleum Today? by Pinkfeet: 6:27pm On Aug 04, 2017
YOUNGSTUNNA:

gringrin EFCC agent.... I no go tell you
lolz grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mercy Johnson Looking Fly On Set / AY Apologises To Tonto Dikeh Over His Daughter's 'high" Video / Stephaine Okereke Files Divorce And Asking For N100 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.