Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko (32151 Views)

Ben Bruce's Message To Anthony Joshua As He Prepares For Rematch With Andy Ruiz / Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat / Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight (2) (3) (4)

Re: ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko by Nihilist: 3:59pm On Aug 04, 2017
Amir Khan grin
Re: ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko by Nonybb: 3:59pm On Aug 04, 2017
A
Re: ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko by Sanchez01: 4:01pm On Aug 04, 2017
Just when I had been dreaming of a second fight between the duo. Now I'll be stuck with the fight between Mcgregor and Mayweather sad
Re: ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko by Leonbonapart(m): 4:01pm On Aug 04, 2017
crazysam001:
Respect champ you gave me one of my greatest victories when you beat the hell out of that ashawo man Samuel Peter. He thought he could fcvk my girlfriend in uyo and go Scott free
for real?
Re: ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko by Ablitmuspaper(m): 4:03pm On Aug 04, 2017
gud move
Re: ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 04, 2017
Day11:
He didnt pass it, Anthony grabbed it from him angry

u mean grabbed it by his dick?

Re: ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko by femi4: 4:03pm On Aug 04, 2017
crazysam001:
Respect champ you gave me one of my greatest victories when you beat the hell out of that ashawo man Samuel Peter. He thought he could fcvk my girlfriend in uyo and go Scott free
proof
Re: ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko by Ugosample(m): 4:04pm On Aug 04, 2017
crazysam001:

LMAO.
You still dey vex

Re: ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko by Omooniya1: 4:04pm On Aug 04, 2017
well done sir... you are still a great ex-champion, if na African Man, he will not mind to die than relinquish the baton to other young one coming.
Re: ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko by slex(m): 4:06pm On Aug 04, 2017
crazysam001:

HAHAHAHH EPIC ABEG
Re: ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko by AngelicBeing: 4:07pm On Aug 04, 2017
crazysam001:
Chai, buhaha, Una go kill person with laugh on nairaland grin cheesy

Re: ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko by searay(m): 4:07pm On Aug 04, 2017
nairaman66:
May all our fears and enemies be loyal like Klitschko!!
Listen man?
Klitschko and Joshua were never enemies

Re: ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko by Sleyanya1(m): 4:09pm On Aug 04, 2017
crazysam001:

Hahahahaha.... no be small thing o

Re: ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko by ruffDiamond: 4:11pm On Aug 04, 2017
Re: ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko by Youngdream1: 4:12pm On Aug 04, 2017
crazysam001:

Lols. Are you for real?
Re: ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko by d33types: 4:13pm On Aug 04, 2017
Day11:
He didnt pass it, Anthony grabbed it from him angry
He passed it because the match was fixed

Sniper12:
nice one. that match was fixed. after knocking out joshua he refused to finish him up. Joshua was walking about like a drunk man in the 6th round grin
Re: ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko by edo3(m): 4:13pm On Aug 04, 2017
crazysam001:
Bros no kill me with laff abeg,,are u 4 real? I knew such would happen when he visited calabar after he won his bout.
Re: ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 4:14pm On Aug 04, 2017
nairaman66:
May all our fears and enemies be loyal like Klitschko!!
Paw paw talk. A man that held all the titles in boxing for 21 years, at age 41 he stretched a bout with a young boxer in his 20s to 11th round, you are saying he is scared of Anthony. He had to quit when the ovation is loud. The bixing world will miss you Klitschko. Goodluck to Anthony Joshua.

Re: ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 04, 2017
Yea I hear you nigga but your face all fvcked up in pieces tho
Re: ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko by Joel3(m): 4:17pm On Aug 04, 2017
lol i thought there was going to be a rematch if Klitschko would be able to get it back.

Klitschko doctor might have advised him to retired, they are scared Klitschko might not survived the the second time. well if you ask me its Better he resigned now than to be beating a second time in the Ring to confirm Joshua the new champion.
Re: ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko by Ayorinwolemi: 4:17pm On Aug 04, 2017
Re: ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko by Josmila(m): 4:17pm On Aug 04, 2017
Great show of sportsmanship. Not the nonsense staged rage McGregor and Mayweather have been feeding us with.
Re: ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko by Abfinest007(m): 4:18pm On Aug 04, 2017
na fear make d small boy nor beat u for d second time na make u retire
Re: ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko by Joel3(m): 4:18pm On Aug 04, 2017
1 day ago
Reply Share +4 likes  Wladimir Klitschko has announced his shock retirement from boxing with immediate effect, ending any chance of a rematch against heavyweight world champion Anthony Joshua .

The 41-year-old Klitschko, who enjoyed a 21-year career in the win in which he won 64 of his 69 fights, was famously beaten by Joshua in an almighty heavyweight scrap on 29 April this year in an 11th round stoppage.

The Ukrainian retires as one of the sport's true greats, having held the WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO heavyweight titles, as well as the lineal crown, and remains the second-longest serving heavyweight champion of all time behind Joe Louis with 18 consecutive defences over a nine-year span.

Joshua declared on Wednesday that he wanted Klitschko to agree to a rematch by the end of the month in order for a November bout to take place in Las Vegas, with promoter Eddie Hearn already starting talks over a second fight in the space of the year between the two giants.
Lennox Lewis tells Anthony Joshua he should fight in Las Vegas
However, Klitschko released a statement on Thursday morning to declare his immediate retirement, thus ending any chance of a rematch against the 27-year-old Briton.

"I deliberately took a few weeks to make my decision, to make sure I had enough distance from the fight at Wembley Stadium,” Klitschko said in a statement released on his website. “As an amateur and a professional boxer, I have achieved everything I dreamed of, and now I want to start my second career after sports.
"I would have never imagined that I would have such a long and incredibly successful boxing career. I'm very thankful for this. Thanks to everyone who has always supported me. Especially my family, my team and my many fans."

Klitschko’s manager, Bernd Boente, added: "Especially after this terrific fight at Wembley Stadium it was a very tough decision for Wladimir to make. But he has always emphasized that he wanted to retire if he didn’t have enough motivation anymore. Therefore this is definitively the right decision.

Klitschko was expected to trigger the rematch clause in his contract and face Joshua again (Getty)
"Wladimir accomplished everything in his unique boxing career. He dominated the Heavyweight division for over a decade. He fought in sold-out arenas and stadiums worldwide and millions of fans around the world watched his fights on TV. It has been a privilege for me to accompany Wladimir on this unique journey."

Hearn immediately took to Twitter to confirm he was made aware about the decision earlier today, and wished his best to the Ukrainian.
"I heard the news this morning from Bernd Boente that Wladimir Klitschko has decided to retire from boxing," said Hearn. "We wish him all the success."

Joshua will now begin talks to fight Kubrat
Pulev (Getty)
Hearn immediately took to Twitter to confirm he was made aware about the decision earlier today, and wished his best to the Ukrainian.
"I heard the news this morning from [Klitschko's promoter] Bernd Boente that Wladimir Klitschko has decided to retire from boxing," said Hearn. "We wish him all the success."

Joshua is now expected to be made to fight Kubrat Pulev as his mandatory IBF challenger, or risk being stripped of the world championship.
Re: ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko by SmartyPants(m): 4:18pm On Aug 04, 2017
crazysam001:

This sounds like a great story... come on bro tell us more

Re: ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko by MadCow1: 4:20pm On Aug 04, 2017
crazysam001:

The Nigga beat Samuel Peters like say na ehn dey responsible for all the problems for Nigeria.

Till today Samuel Peters no dey fit chew biscuit bone. grin

Re: ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko by Amadaz(m): 4:22pm On Aug 04, 2017
Respect wladimir, wish you a happy retirement
Re: ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 04, 2017

Re: ”my Heart Is At Peace As I Pass The Torch To Anthony Joshua” – Klitschko by dawbbleOuEi: 4:26pm On Aug 04, 2017
TRUEPATRIOTLOVE:

CHILDISH
LOL... Our people will make prayer points out of anything

James Rodriguez In Tears After Colombia 2018 World Cup Exit (Photos) / Happy Birthday Ahmed Musa / Give Him The Ballon D'or' – Iheanacho Inspires Twitter Meltdown