Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,769 members, 7,820,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Who Is Now The First Lady? Hence Turai Is Not Sick. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Now The First Lady? Hence Turai Is Not Sick. (1017 Views)

Nigeria Is Not Sick” We Don’t Need IMF Loans – Finance Minister Kemi Adeosun / As EFCC Goes After Daughter, Turai Yar’adua Runs To Obasanjo For Help / Disputed Abuja Land: Patience, Turai To Give Final Address (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Now The First Lady? Hence Turai Is Not Sick. by Ganjaseed: 12:39pm On Feb 11, 2010
My people, who is now the first lady? Is Mrs. Goodluck also an acting first lady? I don't think sister Turai will find that easy at all afterall she is not sick she is still very much first as first lady. Any news regarding this ?
Re: Who Is Now The First Lady? Hence Turai Is Not Sick. by leye1234(m): 12:43pm On Feb 11, 2010
@poster
This is a very good question. I will also like to know.
Re: Who Is Now The First Lady? Hence Turai Is Not Sick. by Ganjaseed: 12:50pm On Feb 11, 2010
Abi oh my brother, Turai is something else from what i have read about her lately.
Re: Who Is Now The First Lady? Hence Turai Is Not Sick. by lizfab(f): 12:55pm On Feb 11, 2010
Goodluck's wife will be the acting first lady since Turai is also out of the country
Re: Who Is Now The First Lady? Hence Turai Is Not Sick. by frankzone: 1:04pm On Feb 11, 2010
I think i've to send my new g/f to serve as 1st lady, since yaradua's wife is not in the country.Her name is turai too! What y'all think?
Re: Who Is Now The First Lady? Hence Turai Is Not Sick. by DrKnow1(m): 1:23pm On Feb 11, 2010
how about co-first ladies
Re: Who Is Now The First Lady? Hence Turai Is Not Sick. by 9ijaprince(m): 1:38pm On Feb 11, 2010
Me i just dey think that oh! Maybe NASS Will also pass a resolution.
Re: Who Is Now The First Lady? Hence Turai Is Not Sick. by vigasimple(m): 2:04pm On Feb 11, 2010
The business of CHAOS PLC is an interesting one, they create more confusion than the problem they meant to solve. They usually know what they are doing, it is deliberate, that is their business model. Perpetual confusion is their watchword.

That is what NASS  have suceeded in doing with proclaming Goodluck Jonathan the Acting President when the current President fate is unknown.

They should have start impeachment proceedings which will have forced Yar a'do nothing to either show up or be a goner. Holding Nigerias/people to ransom is one of their modus operandi.

Lawless and lawbreakers who are Useless people calling themselves lawmakers. They have no idea on how to make any law.

VOTE PDP OUT IN 2011 ELECTION AND VOTE ANY PARTY OF YOUR CHOICE TO SEND MESSAGE THAT POWER BELONG TO THE PEOPLE
Re: Who Is Now The First Lady? Hence Turai Is Not Sick. by KnowAll(m): 2:07pm On Feb 11, 2010
The first lady is not recognised by the constitution to start with, the acting President has got a wife, it would not be unusual for the wife of the acting President to be invited for one civic event or the other. The essence of such engagements is what is called goodwill gesture towards the Presidency in diplomatic speak or in other words an endorsement.

Turai on the other hand is irrelevant today as we speak, she might however be relevant tomorrow, if and only if her Husband recovers from his ailment.

Why any co-operate entity or business organisation would want her patronage beggar’s belief. They might as well invite Marayam Babangida for such events.
Re: Who Is Now The First Lady? Hence Turai Is Not Sick. by snowdrops(m): 2:13pm On Feb 11, 2010
lizfab:

Goodluck's wife will be the acting first lady since Turai is also out of the country
to escape justice?
Re: Who Is Now The First Lady? Hence Turai Is Not Sick. by Hadone(m): 2:34pm On Feb 11, 2010
[size=18pt]What a good question to ask!!!!!![/size]
Re: Who Is Now The First Lady? Hence Turai Is Not Sick. by Hadone(m): 2:37pm On Feb 11, 2010
Lawyers in da house, any constitutional idea? section, sub-section, in bracket,, bla bla bla,
comment now
Re: Who Is Now The First Lady? Hence Turai Is Not Sick. by KnowAll(m): 2:52pm On Feb 11, 2010
Lawyers in da house, any constitutional idea? section, sub-section, in bracket,, bla bla bla,
comment now

It is a question that requires common sense, u don’t have to be a lawyer or Academic Doctor to know the answer. Is the post of the first Lady recognised by our Constitution – No,

Does she draw a Salary – No,

so what is the big deal, well the big deal is she is the wife of the President,

Is the President on seat now- No

Conclusion: If President is not on seat it simply means Madame Turai is irrelevant as it stands now, it may well change in future but for now, Turai is a nobody.
Re: Who Is Now The First Lady? Hence Turai Is Not Sick. by Gbawe: 3:03pm On Feb 11, 2010
Had_one:

comment now

I am no lawyer but my opinion is that Turai is no longer the first lady because that role must be undertaken by any woman that is the legal spouse of the current President , wether acting or substantive. Since Jonathan is now the acting President , his wife automatically becomes acting first lady - so to speak. When/if Yar Adua resumes as President then Turai also resumes as first lady. Right now she is limbo .
Re: Who Is Now The First Lady? Hence Turai Is Not Sick. by walata44(m): 3:03pm On Feb 11, 2010
My people, who is now the first lady? Is Mrs. Goodluck also an acting first lady? I don't think sister Turai will find that easy at all afterall she is not sick she is still very much first as first lady. Any news regarding this ?

I don't see that as problem since YaraDua was the one that was s(elected) or do Nigerian votes for Turai? She should just go and see down somewhere and hope her husband is safe and healthy.
Re: Who Is Now The First Lady? Hence Turai Is Not Sick. by DisGuy: 3:19pm On Feb 11, 2010
frankzone:

I think i've to send my new g/f to serve as 1st lady, since yaradua's wife is not in the country.Her name is turai too! What y'all think?

Brilliant idea!! but who will have a go frist? Tanimu, Aliero or Babangida seeing as his own just left the building
I'm not too sure Jonathan goes for anything under size 16 cool
Re: Who Is Now The First Lady? Hence Turai Is Not Sick. by Ganjaseed: 6:11pm On Feb 11, 2010
Am sure Turai is already aware of this new development, But will she find it easy ? because from the look of things she was already thinking that ruling naija is their birthright that's why you hear her vowing to punish any one that stands on their way.
Re: Who Is Now The First Lady? Hence Turai Is Not Sick. by coolier(f): 6:42pm On Feb 11, 2010
Turai can only be first lady to Umaru Yar'Adua if he were still the President. Now he is not, so even Turai is no more a first lady.
Jonathan is Acting President not substantive, his wife therefore is the wife of the Acting President. When he becomes President, his wife becomes the first lady.
Re: Who Is Now The First Lady? Hence Turai Is Not Sick. by Gbawe: 7:47pm On Feb 11, 2010
coolier:

Turai can only be first lady to Umaru Yar'Adua if he were still the President. Now he is not, so even Turai is no more a first lady.
Jonathan is Acting President not substantive, his wife therefore is the wife of the Acting President. When he becomes President, his wife becomes the first lady.

She is more than that. Some protocol , national and International, will expect the wife of a President , substantive or otherwise , to perform certain roles. If , for example, a speech is reserved for the first lady of Nigeria then Jonathan's wife will deliver the speech. Jonathan's wife , for all intents and purposes , will act as the first lady .
Re: Who Is Now The First Lady? Hence Turai Is Not Sick. by coolier(f): 8:25pm On Feb 11, 2010
Gbawe:

She is more than that. Some protocol , national and International, will expect the wife of a President , substantive or otherwise , to perform certain roles.

If there is a President and a first lady, then yes. In this case there is none and everybody knows Jonathan is Acting President.

Gbawe:

If , for example, a speech is reserved for the first lady of Nigeria then Jonathan's wife will deliver the speech. Jonathan's wife , for all intents and purposes , will act as the first lady .
His wife will deliver any speech and attend all engagements as the wife of the Acting President. There's no Acting First Lady.
Re: Who Is Now The First Lady? Hence Turai Is Not Sick. by Eziachi: 9:16pm On Feb 11, 2010
Is that position really legal? I am surprised that the likes of Falana hasn't taken them to court to challenge the use of that word and public money they spend in the process without constitutional budgetry allowance for it.
Re: Who Is Now The First Lady? Hence Turai Is Not Sick. by kobojunky(f): 11:26pm On Feb 11, 2010
Turai can only be first lady to Umaru Yar'Adua if he were still the President. Now he is not, so even Turai is no more a first lady

Yaradua is still the President.

He was neither impeached or voted out!

Turai remains the first lady and GoodLook is ACTING.
Re: Who Is Now The First Lady? Hence Turai Is Not Sick. by Esskay2: 11:36pm On Feb 11, 2010
My People abeg lets forget about this First lady business, afterrall they all go there to create loots for themselves.Make Jonathan Goodluck go there and deliver to the people is what we are after.
Re: Who Is Now The First Lady? Hence Turai Is Not Sick. by egift(m): 6:48am On Feb 12, 2010
Una do start August meeting here. grin
Re: Who Is Now The First Lady? Hence Turai Is Not Sick. by jumobi1(m): 6:54am On Feb 12, 2010
KnowAll:

Does she draw a Salary – No,

she draws several allowances. I'm sure those won't change.
Re: Who Is Now The First Lady? Hence Turai Is Not Sick. by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 12, 2010
is there a provision for first lady in nigeria's constitution??

Rubbish tongue
Re: Who Is Now The First Lady? Hence Turai Is Not Sick. by coolier(f): 9:45pm On Feb 12, 2010
kobojunky:

Yaradua is still the President.

He was neither impeached or voted out!

Turai remains the first lady and GoodLook is ACTING.

Of course he is, I keep forgetting. President in absentia. What I meant to say is Turai cannot perform her duties as a first lady when Jonathan is Acting President. She can only do that when Yar'Adua is back.

(1) (Reply)

Cowardly Ibori Issues Yar'adua Eulogy From Hiding / : North is a minority from Satellite pictures / Army General Becomes ICAN Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.