Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,625 members, 7,955,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:43 PM

Why You Shouldn't Repaint That Car - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why You Shouldn't Repaint That Car (22180 Views)

7 Unethical Things Vulcanizers Do That Car Users Don't Like / How Much Does It Cost To Repaint A Car? / 12 Reasons To Do A Car VIN Check Before You Buy That Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Shouldn't Repaint That Car by bisi16(m): 8:37am On Aug 06, 2017
This ya thread is pointless
Re: Why You Shouldn't Repaint That Car by freshvine(f): 8:38am On Aug 06, 2017
Gobhanky:
What abt all these so called
I will do oven baking for your car.
I saw a bill of 160k just to almost make it factory sparying.
How wish love-vendor mai ride dey nigeria.

Factory painting of cars goes through a rigorous process, which includes right temperature, humidity and the soaking of car framework/structure in chemical soluble.

I don't think any paint shop in Nigeria will achieve that degree of quality

3 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Repaint That Car by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:44am On Aug 06, 2017
Gourdoinc:
how much do u charge for a total pain job. have two cars I wanna paint soonest.

vehicle size, dents and quality of paint and materials to be used.

From as low as 70k to as much as 200k

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Repaint That Car by InvertedHammer: 9:06am On Aug 06, 2017
pinson:
http://motorfixer.com/why-you-shouldnt-repaint-that-car/

Lagos roads, especially, can be specially tricky. One moment, your car is fine, another, it is scratched. However, does all of these mishaps require a repaint? Well, you may want to grade your options after reading this.

1. Car Damaging
The process of stripping( removing the car paint) the original paint is not car-friendly and the entire process is kind of damaging to the metal of the car. It can destroy the body of the car that no amount of paint may resolve it.

2. Bad Quality of Repaint
Companies like Volkswagen go through an eight stage process to ensure the color quality of the car doesn’t fade , but when you will get it painted outside by the local service centres , you will not get the quality. It is quite sad to see a car repainted loose its colour quickly. A repainted car never gives back the initial feel and look of the car.

3. The sad part of colour options
People sometimes pick colour for repaint because it is catchy. This can be the biggest mistake in car painting. The repainting of a car is greatly discouraged because some colour repaint can do more bad than good. For example, a car repaint from white to black.

A black car will do the following
• Not only will the paint heat up to the temperature of the sun, but will cause the interior to heat up proportionately along with it.
• Black shows every nuance of paint flaws.
• Black car paint is the hardest color to keep clean.
It is advised that one keep to the manufacturer colour of the car.

4. Risk
Car stripping can sometimes be as dangerous as surgeries. Apart from the fact that they may destroy the car or make it look worse, it can make the car more dangerous to drive. Car repainting may, for example, leave the unbolted panels during stripping unbolted. This can affect the performance of the car generally. And can sometimes be quite dangerous as important part of the car may be left unbolted.
If your car is stolen, you may not be able to easily claim ownership. This is because your manufacturer’s colour is the registered colour. If the car is repainted and not duly re-registered, the risk of totally losing the car is pretty higher.

5. It Reduces the Cost of the Car
If you are thinking of reselling your car, it is advised that you avoid repainting it. The repaint would reduce interest and cost of the car immediately the buyer finds out about the repaint.

http://motorfixer.com/why-you-shouldnt-repaint-that-car/
/
Re: Why You Shouldn't Repaint That Car by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 06, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
see what buhari is causing undecided

Bet, how? grin

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Repaint That Car by kingreign(m): 9:28am On Aug 06, 2017
InvertedHammer:

/
The thread does not make sense.

Paints are subject to degradation/oxidation from environmental factors. Japanese vehicles are the worst hit in this aspect.

Drive a car with the best paint job for 6 months in Nigeria and the look will never be the same. Try driving through muddy water and rinsing off sand from the auto body.
\

Wrong, Japanese cars fares well as long as the owners don't use harsh chemicals in washing them. European cars suffers scandalous rust issues.

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Repaint That Car by SmartchoicesNG: 9:29am On Aug 06, 2017
moscobabs:

Gazzuz don't paint car
Say what you know.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Repaint That Car by Gobhanky: 9:37am On Aug 06, 2017
Auto base
freshvine:

Factory painting of cars goes through a rigorous process, which includes right temperature, humidity and the soaking of car framework/structure in chemical soluble.

I don't think any paint shop in Nigeria will achieve that degree of quality
Re: Why You Shouldn't Repaint That Car by potent5(m): 10:14am On Aug 06, 2017
blackwhite001:
after watching this video, u will believe in neymar jr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op_IgR91jtQ
I've watched the video but I still don't believe in Neymar. What do I do next?
Re: Why You Shouldn't Repaint That Car by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 06, 2017
Gobhanky:
What abt all these so called
I will do oven baking for your car.
I saw a bill of 160k just to almost make it factory sparying.
How wish love-vendor mai ride dey nigeria.

Even the 160k still won't give u factory paint. Getting factory paint is expensive, can cost between $2,000 to over $20,000 depending on the car and paint. How many people can afford that?
Re: Why You Shouldn't Repaint That Car by omoiyalayi(m): 10:37am On Aug 06, 2017
Op is it ur car?

Abi na ur paint?

Take tym o
Re: Why You Shouldn't Repaint That Car by foleyankee(m): 10:55am On Aug 06, 2017
grin
Re: Why You Shouldn't Repaint That Car by foleyankee(m): 10:55am On Aug 06, 2017
This op don smoke oshogbo weed
Re: Why You Shouldn't Repaint That Car by almsofgold: 1:13pm On Aug 06, 2017
Iolo:

Are you living with us in this country ?
grin
Re: Why You Shouldn't Repaint That Car by wpconsult: 1:55pm On Aug 07, 2017
Good morning my people. I just sprayed my car with sikkens autobase paint and the following morning, it turned whitish/grey instead of the original black color. It disappeared partially during the day and reappeared again the following morning.
Does anybody have an experience on how to handle this. I called my painter and he said it will disappear after sometimes but that I should mix kerosene in water to wash it.

Please, help..

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Repaint That Car by boldx(m): 3:08pm On Aug 07, 2017
annoying post really
Re: Why You Shouldn't Repaint That Car by wpconsult: 3:48pm On Aug 07, 2017
That's the car two days after spraying

Re: Why You Shouldn't Repaint That Car by nakoks(m): 2:00pm On Aug 08, 2017
wpconsult:

Good morning my people. I just sprayed my car with sikkens autobase paint and the following morning, it turned whitish/grey instead of the original black color. It disappeared partially during the day and reappeared again the following morning.
Does anybody have an experience on how to handle this. I called my painter and he said it will disappear after sometimes but that I should mix kerosene in water to wash it.

Please, help..

Evil painter
Re: Why You Shouldn't Repaint That Car by nakoks(m): 2:00pm On Aug 08, 2017
WTF
wpconsult:
That's the car two days after spraying
Re: Why You Shouldn't Repaint That Car by pinson(m): 4:56pm On Aug 09, 2017
InvertedHammer:

/
The thread does not make sense.

Paints are subject to degradation/oxidation from environmental factors. Japanese vehicles are the worst hit in this aspect.

Drive a car with the best paint job for 6 months in Nigeria and the look will never be the same. Try driving through muddy water and rinsing off sand from the auto body.
\

Hmmm, i dont think you are right
Re: Why You Shouldn't Repaint That Car by pinson(m): 4:59pm On Aug 09, 2017
Somatic:

So if Danfo use my tinylight to do wedge in Lagos traffic, I should ship it back to Toyota in Kentucky for repair or replacement since Elizade never sold the tinylight. Or if the Mrs uses the bumper of her 2015 Cerato to argue with the gate, I should find Dana all the way from Gusau to Lagos since the car is covered by warranty abi?

Oga, rizla with coke is not good. Especially on an empty stomach. Go find better food chop.

Lolzzzz.... I cant laugh ooo but gimme a suggestion which food make i chop oo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! My Car Is Always At The Mechanic / Toyota Camry Engine With Stripped Head Bolt Issue: '03 (big 4 Nothing) / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.