Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,463 members, 7,823,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Let Winners Of Customs Auction Bidding Share Their Experiences - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Let Winners Of Customs Auction Bidding Share Their Experiences (1838 Views)

Swiss To Auction Hypercars Seized From Teodoro Nguema Obiang Mangue / Someone Just Payed ₦763m For First Production 2020 Toyota GR Supra At An Auction / Car Owners Share Their Very Dodgy DIY Pepair Jobs On Reddit(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Winners Of Customs Auction Bidding Share Their Experiences by mrintelligent(m): 6:05am On Aug 05, 2017
This thread is created for winners of Customs Auction bidding to share their individual experiences at the point of taking possession of the items won.

This will enable people bidding and new winners to know before hand the challenges they are going to face and how to handle/ plan ahead.

I will start with my own questions:

1. After printing your assesment details and paying the Bid amount, Are there still any other payments to make?

2. What are the steps/stages involved in taking possession of the item(s) won?

3. Any other information.

Let us all share the experience.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Let Winners Of Customs Auction Bidding Share Their Experiences by Nutase: 6:23am On Aug 05, 2017
Observation committee chairperson well seated.

1 Like

Re: Let Winners Of Customs Auction Bidding Share Their Experiences by jay2pee(m): 6:37am On Aug 05, 2017
Secretary following
Re: Let Winners Of Customs Auction Bidding Share Their Experiences by lecturerdabo(m): 7:31am On Aug 05, 2017
Interested!
Re: Let Winners Of Customs Auction Bidding Share Their Experiences by chukel(m): 7:31am On Aug 05, 2017
Is there anyone on nairaland who even won?
Re: Let Winners Of Customs Auction Bidding Share Their Experiences by WhoDeyThere(m): 7:44am On Aug 05, 2017
I guess it's the usual naija way.
Re: Let Winners Of Customs Auction Bidding Share Their Experiences by otunbablacq: 8:19am On Aug 05, 2017
The last session which ended on wednesday 2/8/17 was really transparent. I didnt make it though as i came second for a particular item. The winner emerged at 11:59:59 which was really a good one for him. A friend won and from the mail sent to him, the item he won wont attract the duo 25% charges. On other fees, i hope to get more details when he travels to the command to claim the car. Generally, the auction has improved after several mails n petitions. The remaining is the non availability of dully registered FIRS on trade portal. I hope FIRS wud do something about it. I hv written FIRS more than 5 times about a particular TIN yet no response.

Kudos to customs Boss

Hes got this one right honestly
Re: Let Winners Of Customs Auction Bidding Share Their Experiences by HenryWilliams(m): 9:00am On Aug 05, 2017
otunbablacq:
The last session which ended on wednesday 2/8/17 was really transparent. I didnt make it though as i came second for a particular item. The winner emerged at 11:59:59 which was really a good one for him. A friend won and from the mail sent to him, the item he won wont attract the duo 25% charges. On other fees, i hope to get more details when he travels to the command to claim the car. Generally, the auction has improved after several mails n petitions. The remaining is the non availability of dully registered FIRS on trade portal. I hope FIRS wud do something about it. I hv written FIRS more than 5 times about a particular TIN yet no response.

Kudos to customs Boss

Yeah right!
Re: Let Winners Of Customs Auction Bidding Share Their Experiences by mrintelligent(m): 10:30am On Aug 05, 2017
Yeah! You are right. After the first session, this just concluded one that ended on 2/8/17 was very transparent.

My colleague at work also won in this last one. she has to travel to Ogun Area Command to take the possession. I will keep you posted sha.

otunbablacq:

Kudos to customs Boss

Re: Let Winners Of Customs Auction Bidding Share Their Experiences by mrintelligent(m): 9:30am On Aug 07, 2017
Still waiting to hear from people na
Re: Let Winners Of Customs Auction Bidding Share Their Experiences by sultaan(m): 5:11pm On Aug 07, 2017
Jibiti loading

1 Like

Re: Let Winners Of Customs Auction Bidding Share Their Experiences by mrintelligent(m): 12:40pm On Aug 08, 2017
sultaan:
Jibiti loading

As in?
Re: Let Winners Of Customs Auction Bidding Share Their Experiences by sultaan(m): 2:21am On Aug 09, 2017
mrintelligent:

As in?

Dp they have a court order to sell someone else's property, in a normal world you can't sell without the title which can only be replaced by a controlling of forfeiture. Also the person who seized the property should never be the person to sell it
Re: Let Winners Of Customs Auction Bidding Share Their Experiences by mrintelligent(m): 9:11am On Aug 09, 2017
And you think Customs, as a body will just auction item without recourse to what the law says?

sultaan:

Dp they have a court order to sell someone else's property, in a normal world you can't sell without the title which can only be replaced by a controlling of forfeiture. Also the person who seized the property should never be the person to sell it

1 Like

Re: Let Winners Of Customs Auction Bidding Share Their Experiences by mrintelligent(m): 4:52pm On Aug 09, 2017
otunbablacq:

Kudos to customs Boss

Another Question: Is that your colleague going with Notarised letter also as indicated in the terms and Conditions of claiming items?
Re: Let Winners Of Customs Auction Bidding Share Their Experiences by otunbablacq: 6:58pm On Aug 09, 2017
[quote author=mrintelligent post=59308986]

Another Question: Is that your colleague going with Notarised letter also as indicated in the terms and Conditions of claiming items?

Yes he will be going with the notarized letter.

I also won today
Re: Let Winners Of Customs Auction Bidding Share Their Experiences by mrintelligent(m): 10:25pm On Aug 09, 2017
[quote author=otunbablacq post=59312575][/quote]

Congrats on your new won. We will try to see if we can get notarized letter tomorrow before proceeding on the journey that same tomorrow
Re: Let Winners Of Customs Auction Bidding Share Their Experiences by mrintelligent(m): 7:54am On Aug 19, 2017
just came back from Ogun State.

If your won item is in Ogun Area Command, please check the item no very well to know if your item is in Abeokuta or not.

For example, if your Item No reads: NCS/IDK/****, just go straight to Idiroko Border to claim your item.

If your item no reads: NCS/ABK/****, your item is at Abeokuta Customs Office.

Another thing: make sure you go with enough money for settlement if you want speedy treatment of your file.

Ask me any other question. I will be glad to answer you

(1) (Reply)

2006 Santa Fe vs. 2006 Subaru Forester: Share your experience / 2005 Nissan Maxima Vs 2005 Honda Accord Eod / Nissan Murano 2015 Hot Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.