Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Is This How We Plan To Root Out Religious Fundamentalism? Which Is Worse? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This How We Plan To Root Out Religious Fundamentalism? Which Is Worse? (2046 Views)

The Lies Christian Fundamentalism Taught Me / See What Christain Fundamentalism Does To People! / The Dangers Of Religious Fundamentalism To Intellectualism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This How We Plan To Root Out Religious Fundamentalism? Which Is Worse? by nuclearboy(m): 11:28pm On Feb 13, 2010
I think the tragedy in this is that the security forces no longer even bother to consider the effect of such a recorded display on the pysche of the people and nation. I have had the misfortune to be present when some robbers (caught during a gunfight with the police) were executed. First they were shot for sport (in knees, ankles, shoulders etc), left for a couple of hours groaning and screaming in pain then gathered together and automatic fire sent them across the divide. I was visiting the head of SARS (a university coursemate) and when he said coldly "waste them", I knew what it meant but didn't expect something so cold and merciless.

Jos, Boko Haram etc, are a tragedy but this video and others like it just worsens issues. Next time, the rioters would know what to expect if caught and would also, show no mercy or sense of restraint. It is the same that makes robbers go after policemen and kill them simply because they expect the same mercilessness.

@Chris: Christian or not, they are policemen and sworn to defend the people they murdered like so many maggots and whatever the circumstances, this was wrong on too many levels. Were they civilians, I'd say it was for vengeance. Training shows and these were definitely police.

@Holy Japhet of infinity:

like Abuzola would say, "wara guana mana"?
Re: Is This How We Plan To Root Out Religious Fundamentalism? Which Is Worse? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:13pm On Feb 14, 2010
A Message toall those Intellectual Nigerians who write motivational stuff founded on theories thatonly work in a perfect world, This is saying, shove it.

Better get of your arm-chair and tell Nigerians exactly what to do and ot go to Chruch for solace or start sweeping dirty streets when your taxes are payin gfor it to be swept, only a violent (utterly consuming revolution will save this country)
Re: Is This How We Plan To Root Out Religious Fundamentalism? Which Is Worse? by PastorAIO: 8:01pm On Feb 14, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

A Message toall those Intellectual Nigerians who write motivational stuff founded on theories thatonly work in a perfect world, This is saying, shove it.

Better get of your arm-chair and tell Nigerians exactly what to do and ot go to Chruch for solace or start sweeping dirty streets when your taxes are payin gfor it to be swept, only a violent (utterly consuming revolution will save this country)

And who will be doing the violating and who will be violated
Who will be doing the revolting and who will be revolted against
and who will do the consuming and who will be consumed.
Re: Is This How We Plan To Root Out Religious Fundamentalism? Which Is Worse? by Mavenb0x(m): 10:04pm On Feb 14, 2010
This is just awfully wrong cry

But to make matters worse, davidylan's comment is a shameful disgrace to Christianity. Maybe one would rather camp safely with fundamentalist suicide bombers.
Re: Is This How We Plan To Root Out Religious Fundamentalism? Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 14, 2010
Mavenb0x:

This is just awfully wrong cry

But to make matters worse, davidylan's comment is a shameful disgrace to Christianity. Maybe one would rather camp safely with fundamentalist suicide bombers.

i'm sorry but i think this comment is borne purely out of spite for my honest comments on your own thread. It makes no sense to claim that a honest assessment of the VERY REAL islamist threat the world faces is more a shameful disgrace to christianity than your own OBVIOUS and DELIBERATE dishonesty here and with those you have interacted with off this board.

When honest people i respect make a statement, i listen . . . when disgruntled faceless goons seeking to score underhand points begin to pontificate i tend to tune off.

Its funny this coming from someone who earlier used to applaud my stance on islam and islamists before. Suddenly shim has developed a sudden "empathy" for those same people? undecided What a disgrace.
Re: Is This How We Plan To Root Out Religious Fundamentalism? Which Is Worse? by Mavenb0x(m): 10:20pm On Feb 14, 2010
No, Davidylan. I dont hold grudges like that, sorry to disappoint you. I dont know what you are smoking tonight, but you are not the 1st person I will call out for making insensitive statements, as I did when Tudor and Pastor AIO commented when freecocoa lost her mother. And I have never applauded you for anti-Islamic views. Rather I gave you props for shedding light on Islamic views whenever Abuzola tried to wangle a lie. Even when I have disagreements with people I dont speak such evil. The mouth speaks from the heart's abundance so I wonder how much evil is locked in there to make you say such a thing.
Re: Is This How We Plan To Root Out Religious Fundamentalism? Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 14, 2010
Mavenb0x:

No, Davidylan. I dont hold grudges like that, sorry to disappoint you. I dont know what you are smoking tonight, but you are not the 1st person I will call out for making insensitive statements, as I did when Tudor and Pastor AIO commented when freecocoa lost her mother. And I have never applauded you for anti-Islamic views. Rather I gave you props for shedding light on Islamic views whenever Abuzola tried to wangle a lie. Even when I have disagreements with people I dont speak such evil. The mouth speaks from the heart's abundance so I wonder how much evil is locked in there to make you say such a thing.

That's nonsensical. I mean of all people to "call others out" . . . leave that to those with credibility.

You can quote the bible to justify your senseless spite . . . out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks too . . . we dont know how much deceit, lying, hypocrisy and unbridled arrogance is locked up in your own heart either.

I can defend my comments anywhere anyday . . . i'm sure you would be wondering how much evil was locked up in the heart of Elijah who slew 450 prophets of baal himself. What of the God who ordered the killing of Amalekites? Is he evil too? What did those little babies do to deserve that?

Care to tell me how much evil was in the heart of Christ when he called out the pharisees for being vipers?

I think you shld keep your discredited opinions to urself . . . to be honest i'd rather be lectured by an atheist.
Re: Is This How We Plan To Root Out Religious Fundamentalism? Which Is Worse? by Mavenb0x(m): 10:32pm On Feb 14, 2010
Lol and I assume Davidylan knows those with credibility. You can keep your assumed credibility. I guess I'd be safer around someone who made a mistake and repented, than an avowed murderer.
Re: Is This How We Plan To Root Out Religious Fundamentalism? Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 14, 2010
Mavenb0x:

Lol and I assume Davidylan knows those with credibility. You can keep your assumed credibility. I guess I'd be safer around someone who made a mistake and repented, than an avowed murderer.

Yeah . . . and i suppose you will be removing the old testament from your bible anytime soon right? I wager even Abraham was an avowed murderer too.

The typical nonsense we hear from these false "christians" who equate lengthy posts with some intelligence.

Sorry you didnt just "make a mistake" . . . you keep MAKING MISTAKES and think that somehow you're on a self righteous pedestal because you made a thread about it. You go meet your "followership" on facebook . . . they perhaps might care about your "repentance".
Re: Is This How We Plan To Root Out Religious Fundamentalism? Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 14, 2010
ogajim:

What else can one expect from an untrained, uncultured barbaric force? In real societies, this will spark an investigation and these criminals in uniform will be brought to book but Nigeria, come on now!

where were you when the "untrained and uncultured barbaric" boko haram was killing everyone else in the name of your god? I guess you were sleeping and only just woke up when you saw this video.

muhsin:

Very disappointing and sickening . . . embarassed

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry cry cry

I'm sure those who are buried and stoned alive, those who lose their limbs to sharia and the thousands who have fallen victim to islamic violence in northern Nigeria was NEVER disappointing and sickening to you right? Shameless hypocrite.

Deep Sight:

Another confirmation of what i have said repeatedly:

There is nothing even remotely christian about Davidylan.

And i'm afraid this is the very embodiment of the worst form of hypocrisy in religion. What sort of "christ-like" person would make this sort of statement ? ? ? ?

You probably could say the same for the God of the old testament . . .
I would wager one truth . . . there is nothing remotely PC with me. I say it as it is . . . find another false pacifist elsewhere.

Would any of the above also have a problem with capital punishment? lipsrsealed Hypocrites.
Re: Is This How We Plan To Root Out Religious Fundamentalism? Which Is Worse? by Mavenb0x(m): 8:43am On Feb 15, 2010
Young man, Abraham was no avowed murderer. He interceded for Sodom and Gomorrah, the sin city of his day. Dust up your Bible. Lol. You are clutching at straws here, rather than accept your wrong and have a change of heart. But then, what should I have expected? Just another reason I voted for Pastor AIO as best 2009 religion poster that day, he doesnt have your kinda attitude problem. LOLest. cheesy
Re: Is This How We Plan To Root Out Religious Fundamentalism? Which Is Worse? by Devonian(m): 2:58pm On Feb 15, 2010
I watched this video on another posting and was sick for days. Whoever these guys are: soldiers or police, Christians, Muslims or Atheists, they're animals in human bodies. It shows that Nigeria is, by and large, still a barbaric country. The Police Commissioner and the Commanding Officer of the Nigerian Army under whose jurisdiction this took place should be made to either face death penalty or produce these murderers, who should be subjected to the same treatment they meted out to their fellow Nigerians. If this were to be pursued, this dastardly act of extra-judicial killings wouldn't happen again in Nigeria. Mind you, this is not happening only in relation to religious unrests in the North or in relation to the Niger Delta crisis, it’s happening across Nigeria. It brings to mind what happened in Ijebu Ife in Ogun State last December, when police officers—following the fatal shooting of another police officer by a mob of youths—went from house to house and shot dead anyone they found in those houses. It happens on road blocks as well. It's a shame, and nothing in this world can justify these extra-judicial killings.
Re: Is This How We Plan To Root Out Religious Fundamentalism? Which Is Worse? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 15, 2010
Mavenb0x:

Young man, Abraham was no avowed murderer. He interceded for Sodom and Gomorrah, the sin city of his day. Dust up your Bible. Lol. You are clutching at straws here, rather than accept your wrong and have a change of heart. But then, what should I have expected? Just another reason I voted for Pastor AIO as best 2009 religion poster that day, he doesnt have your kinda attitude problem. LOLest. cheesy

14 And when Abram heard that his brother was taken captive, he armed his trained servants, born in his own house, three hundred and eighteen, and pursued them unto Dan.

15 And he divided himself against them, he and his servants, by night, and smote them, and pursued them unto Hobah, which is on the left hand of Damascus.

16 And he brought back all the goods, and also brought again his brother Lot, and his goods, and the women also, and the people.

17 And the king of Sodom went out to meet him after his return from the slaughter of Chedorlaomer, and of the kings that were with him, at the valley of Shaveh, which is the king's dale.

When last did you read your own bible? undecided

As regards who you voted for as religious person of the year . . . do you truly understand that this is an online forum that has ZERO impact on your REAL LIFE outside of here? Of what value has the votes to either of us?

lol "attitude problem"? Let me not waste my time dusting up that issue. I think your idea of "attitude problem" is that i dont subscribe to PC and i dont grovel at the feet of the "maven" himself.
Re: Is This How We Plan To Root Out Religious Fundamentalism? Which Is Worse? by nuclearboy(m): 11:06pm On Feb 15, 2010
Not a judge but I think both of you have a point AND reason for your opinions. I think David is fed up of the history and wants these people to have an idea what they like to give others. If the killers on that recording were civilian christians, I'd understand it was vengeance though not totally support it. But these are civil servants attacking the finger that feeds them.

I think Maven looks at the horror of shooting a defenseless person without any emotion IN PUBLIC and is horrified. But maybe David is just tired of these things repeated over and over. If you were there (onsite), you'd probably want to pull the trigger yourself.

I may be right or wrong but please guys, don't personalise this. Funny that both believe themselves joint-heirs - how would you relate in heaven?
Re: Is This How We Plan To Root Out Religious Fundamentalism? Which Is Worse? by Mavenb0x(m): 11:13pm On Feb 15, 2010
Thanks, nuclearboy. Thank you!
Re: Is This How We Plan To Root Out Religious Fundamentalism? Which Is Worse? by 0hsisi: 11:14pm On Feb 15, 2010
In as much as I detest Islamic terrorism with my whole being , I hate this sort of open,summary execution even more.
How do we know these people are the culprits
there was no trial whatsoever
are we in medieval times?
This is very very  disgusting and disturbing.
How do we know some innocent people were not pointed out and executed in this barbarism

we all run the risk of being killed in this manner if this is condoned
This is just not right.
This isn't justice
Re: Is This How We Plan To Root Out Religious Fundamentalism? Which Is Worse? by 0hsisi: 11:20pm On Feb 15, 2010
Devonian:

I watched this video on another posting and was sick for days. Whoever these guys are: soldiers or police, Christians, Muslims or Atheists, they're animals in human bodies. It shows that Nigeria is, by and large, still a barbaric country. The Police Commissioner and the Commanding Officer of the Nigerian Army under whose jurisdiction this took place should be made to either face death penalty or produce these murderers, who should be subjected to the same treatment they meted out to their fellow Nigerians. If this were to be pursued, this dastardly act of extra-judicial killings wouldn't happen again in Nigeria. Mind you, this is not happening only in relation to religious unrests in the North or in relation to the Niger Delta crisis, it’s happening across Nigeria. It brings to mind what happened in Ijebu Ife in Ogun State last December, when police officers—following the fatal shooting of another police officer by a mob of youths—went from house to house and shot dead anyone they found in those houses. It happens on road blocks as well. It's a shame, and nothing in this world can justify these extra-judicial killings.

My heart beat so fast to see them shoot and kill people in this manner even the disabled
This is the sort of barbarism we expect in the middle east with beheadings and stonings in a field with children watching
not in a supposedly democratic nation.
What seperates us from animals then?
How do these men sleep at night after slaughtering their fellow human being like this without solid evidence and no benefit of a trial
Re: Is This How We Plan To Root Out Religious Fundamentalism? Which Is Worse? by nuclearboy(m): 11:24pm On Feb 15, 2010
That, Ohsisi, is the tragedy that Nigeria has become. Kill a robber during an operation or a jihadist whist he's trying to blow you up with himself but do not capture them, interview them then summarily execute them.

But then, Naija pass understanding. Pray for the peace of our own Jerusalem
Re: Is This How We Plan To Root Out Religious Fundamentalism? Which Is Worse? by 0hsisi: 11:28pm On Feb 15, 2010
nuclearboy:

That, Ohsisi, is the tragedy that Nigeria has become. Kill a robber during an operation or a jihadist whist he's trying to blow you up with himself but do not capture them, interview them then summarily execute them.

But then, Naija pass understanding. Pray for the peace of our own Jerusalem

My dear,I will kill a robber myself before he kills me grin
and will certainly club a suicide bomber to death,busting his balls if I have to. grin
This is law enforcement matching people out of their homes and shooting them to death without a trial ,that is very different.
so if I or my brother lived there and someone pointed me out,they could just shoot me like that based on that
that is the scary part
This can happen to anybody o
people shouldn't rejoice at evil
Re: Is This How We Plan To Root Out Religious Fundamentalism? Which Is Worse? by nuclearboy(m): 11:35pm On Feb 15, 2010
You, love, are preaching to the choir. I agree 100% with you.

It is so wrong and on too many levels too
Re: Is This How We Plan To Root Out Religious Fundamentalism? Which Is Worse? by MyJoe: 12:44pm On Feb 16, 2010
Pastor AIO:

And who will be doing the violating and who will be violated
Who will be doing the revolting and who will be revolted against
and who will do the consuming and who will be consumed.

You have to give it up for largerwhenindoubt whose clear thinking is nonpareil compared to those of the intellectuals who are intellecting against the time tested method of revolting.

During the French Revolution, King Louis was beheaded, then his beautiful wife, the infamous Marie-Antionette, got the same treatment.
Then other noblemen.
Then suddenly countless ordinary people were being denounced as being anti-republican and sent to the "tribunal" which sent to the guillotine just about anyone brought before it.
Then the leaders of the revolution (like largerwhenindoubt), including the judges of the tribunal themselves wound up under the guillotine.
Re: Is This How We Plan To Root Out Religious Fundamentalism? Which Is Worse? by PastorAIO: 12:41pm On Jul 01, 2012
Chrisbenogor:
In times of war right and wrong are so close that its almost impossible to differentiate them.

Perhaps the Religious War in Nigeria has already begun, it is just taking a while to heat up.

MyJoe:

You have to give it up for largerwhenindoubt whose clear thinking is nonpareil compared to those of the intellectuals who are intellecting against the time tested method of revolting.

During the French Revolution, King Louis was beheaded, then his beautiful wife, the infamous Marie-Antionette, got the same treatment.
Then other noblemen.
Then suddenly countless ordinary people were being denounced as being anti-republican and sent to the "tribunal" which sent to the guillotine just about anyone brought before it.
Then the leaders of the revolution (like largerwhenindoubt), including the judges of the tribunal themselves wound up under the guillotine.

I've been promising to finish the Wars of Religion thread with France's Revolutionary Wars but I've been too lazy and distracted to get into it. I really need to get my act together. But yes, My Joe, The Reign of Terror can very easily happen in Nigeria like it did in France. Some people will say that Abacha's Rule was already a reign of Terror, but he had nothing on Robespierre.

When I consider Boko Haram, Davidylan, and weighing in on the Deist camp Deepsight Plasto Robespierre II when he makes comments like this . . .

Deep Sight:

Any person who bans posters or deletes their comments only because such comments are contrary to the teachings of Islam, simply has no business on a public forum!

Such a person is also not fit to live in a democracy.

. . . I see nothing but armed conflicted in Nigeria's near future.

Okay, Deepie, I know that you were just being rhetorical when you said that but I have no doubt that in the atheist camp there are similar sentiments building up amongst some people.
Re: Is This How We Plan To Root Out Religious Fundamentalism? Which Is Worse? by PastorAIO: 8:08am On Jul 02, 2012
Is it possible to have a National policy of any sort if there is no agreement across the nation on the issue? Take education for example. People are fighting over whether it is okay to teach evolution in state schools. It is one thing to have private schools and allow them to teach whatever it is that they want to teach but once you have state sponsored education then we need a consensus on what will be taught.

Perhaps one solution, for issues like education, is to have no state education at all. Let all education be private.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Most People Find It Difficult To Apologize To Those They Offended / Who Is The Creator?? / The Epistle To The Hebrews - Have You Studied It? Let's Proved The Writer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.