Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? (19324 Views)

Reasons You Must Run From Premarital Sex On Valentine's Day / Four Powerful Reasons You Must Run From Premarital Sex On Valentine's Day / I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by Safiaa(f): 11:44am On Aug 06, 2017
mazinoweb:

Stop following men until you are fully convinced of marriage. There is nothing hard about it. It all about your desire and fear of God.

The same urge there is for someone who steals. It is his desire.
i dont follow men. They come my way. A girl my age has to date, to keep options open. I have a high libido, so when i get comfortable with a guy, i tend to want to take things further. But im trying though.
Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by Catalyst4real: 11:56am On Aug 06, 2017
sukkot:
Thats called compounding your sin. thats adultery. if you had married the first woman you slept with you will not have that problem. and once you are in this type of situation you can never have a happy marriage if you decide to marry. because whomever it is in your house is not your wife. people wonder why most marriages are violent and unhappy. THATS YOUR ANSWER. YOU ARE NOT WITH YOUR OWN WIFE. YOU ARE WITH SOMEONE ELSES WIFE AND GOD WILL MAKE SURE THAT MARRIAGE IS FULL OF MISERY AND PAIN. ITS PUNISHMENT
This is the most senseless thing I've come across today.
You make it sound as if there's no forgiveness whatsoever for premarital sex and once the act is done it is irreversible.

You said any lady you have sex with is your wife, whether married or unmarried and there's no such thing as premarital sex.

Now the question is. What if the lady has already had sex with someone else before me. It means she is someone else's wife.

How can I be married to someone else's wife?
Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by sukkot: 12:00pm On Aug 06, 2017
Catalyst4real:

This is the most senseless thing I've come across today.
You make it sound as if there's no forgiveness whatsoever for premarital sex and once the act is done it is irreversible.

Now here is my question.
You said any lady you have sex with is your wife, whether married or unmarried and there's no such thing as premarital sex.

Now the question is. What if the lady has already had sex with someone else before me. It means she is someone else's wife.

How can I be married to someone else's wife?
there is forgiveness only after repentance. and repentance requires you stop doing it. most people dont repent. they keep on doing it

and if the lady has had sex before you she too is in the same boat as you. its just 2 cursed people being brought together to bring judgement on each other lol. to a wicked man GOD gives a wicked woman
Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by Ups01(m): 12:17pm On Aug 06, 2017
sukkot:
if you were raped its judgement. no coincidences in this life. its crime and punishment. heaven and hell are here on earth. now once you get that punishment you look in the mirror, stare at yourself, and change and restart a righteous life and if GOD sees genuine remorse then you will be allowed to start afresh because you have been punished and you have repented and stopped doing the sin. however if you slip back into the sin again ? thats double wahala for dead body lol. maybe GOD will bless you with the woman who stabbed her husband to death as a spouse for judgement and then she will stab you to death. all these things are not coincidence. whatever happens to you in this life is what is supposed to happen to you. crime and punishment is what this matrix is all about.

@ the bolded is pure crap

@sukkot your logic is warped.

Read what you wrote yourself, some people are victim of circumstances IT'S NOT THEIR FREAKING FAULT!
Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by gentlegenius(m): 12:20pm On Aug 06, 2017
sayentease:
Sex is now overrated. It used to be sacred but no more. Some even get it from 3 day olds in form of rape and sexual abuse and this is to tell you the height of moral decadence in our society.

As a christian, the urge to commit fornication is high except we want to deceive ourselves because our sisters are not even helping us with the kind of clothes they wear to church.

So, should we engage in pre-marital sex with our partner to confirm their potency and ask for forgiveness later or we should completely stay away from it.. note: the latter isn't easy ooo

Please discuss
The ten commandments, which is the greatest of all laws in the Bible only condemns adultery; it didn't condemn fornication. That shows that those who commits adultery are sinning against God but those who commits fornication are sinning against their own body(1 Cor. 6:18). Sex is more than just physical contact. It Involves the entire being- body, soul and spirit. This is why we become one with the person we have sex with. When two unmarried people engage in sex, they become one flesh. If they went on to get married, they haven't sinned against their bodies and against God. But if they don't get married after all their sexual activities, then they have unwittingly committed a serious sin against their bodies by trying to separate what has been spiritually yoked together.
In the old testament days God ordered the Israelites to punish anyone caught committing adultery by stoning him and her to death. But when an unmarried man is caught sleeping with an unmarried woman, the punishment is forcing him to marry that woman.
Consider the difference in the two cases and you'll see that fornication is a sin when done by two people that are not ready to marry each other. But it's not really a sin when done by partners that are certainly going to get married.
Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by Shelloween(m): 12:20pm On Aug 06, 2017
lalanice:
Lies, what sexual temptation do you get from girls? that all those waiting don't get? oh ye corrupt minded. undecided
I don't expect you to understand hun, those waiting suffer temptation the most. Are you a virgin?
Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by Fucktensei: 12:23pm On Aug 06, 2017
Safiaa:
i dont follow men. They come my way. A girl my age has to date, to keep options open. I have a high libido, so when i get comfortable with a guy, i tend to want to take things further. But im trying though.
and I've been looking for women with high libido! angry WHY cry

All I get are stupidd virgins at my doorstep! angry
Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by sukkot: 12:24pm On Aug 06, 2017
Ups01:

@ the bolded is pure crap

@sukkot your logic is warped.

Read what you wrote yourself, some people are victim of circumstances IT'S NOT THEIR FREAKING FAULT!
i dont expect you to understand. in fact i would be shocked if you understood anything i wrote. narrow is the way and only few find it

there is no such thing as victim of circumstances. no coincidences. GOD is in full control. trust me
Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by Ups01(m): 12:30pm On Aug 06, 2017
sukkot:
i dont expect you to understand. in fact i would be shocked if you understood anything i wrote. narrow is the way and only few find it

there is no such thing as victim of circumstances. no coincidences. GOD is in full control. trust me

Clearly again your Logic is warped.

Bye.

cc: @jfleece

can you see how he (sukkot) is giving flawed analysis?
Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by sukkot: 12:33pm On Aug 06, 2017
Ups01:

Bye.
like i said, i dont expect the carnal to receive the things of the spirit.
Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by Ups01(m): 12:35pm On Aug 06, 2017
sukkot:
like i said, i dont expect the carnal to receive the things of the spirit.

Okay Mr Righteous
Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by sukkot: 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2017
Ups01:

Okay Mr Righteous
i neve said i was righteous. however any laws that is written in the bible ? i deliberately make an attempt not to break it. and i have done it for so long now that it is now become a part of me. for example ? i have not stolen a single kobo in close to ten years. one time i went into an office to fill out some forms and then i left the office afterwards and down the street i realized i still had the pen i used to fill the form with on me, and i knew that would be considered stealing, i went all the way back to return one single cheap pen. thats who i have become. i break no laws. GOD is a dangerous terrible deity and i dont want his wrath on me lmao

psalm 47 vs 2 For the LORD most high is terrible
Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by jfleece(m): 12:55pm On Aug 06, 2017
Ups01:

Bye.

cc: @jfleece

can you see how he (sukkot) is giving flawed analysis?
boss the thing weak me... Some peeps are so outdated in their religious paradigm.... So sad tho.
Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by sukkot: 12:56pm On Aug 06, 2017
jfleece:
boss the thing weak me... Some peeps are so outdated in their religious paradigm.... So sad tho.
this aint religious paradigm. this is spirituality. thats the problem. you people have been brainwashed in church
Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by nkemdi89(f): 1:13pm On Aug 06, 2017
mazinoweb:

So it sex that is feeling abi?
So prostitutes have feeling for their clients?
I don't think you understand, OK let me rephrase it, most men see sex as one of the major ingredient in a relationship
Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by orunto27: 1:18pm On Aug 06, 2017
God doesn't like waste of everything that we cannot easily replace. So don't play game with your Body. It's The Temple of God and a Spirit in you that God Himself is jealously guiding.
Operative words here are:- God, Waste, Body, Temple, Spirit and jealously guiding.
Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by searay(m): 1:30pm On Aug 06, 2017
sukkot:
no such thing as premarital sex. it doesnt exist. once you have sex, thats your wife. sex is marriage. now if you leave her after the sex, thats fornication. sex to GOD is marriage. AND HE TOOK HER AND KNEW HER AND THE TWO BECAME ONE
Exactly my view on this issue. Leaving her to another is rather ADULTERY
Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by sukkot: 1:38pm On Aug 06, 2017
searay:
Exactly my view on this issue. Leaving her to another is rather ADULTERY
well its both fornication and adultery. you fornicated with her when you left her after sleeping with her and committed adultery with the other person you got with. two laws broken
Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by Bleeze2: 1:52pm On Aug 06, 2017
I ask myself, 'is there hope for this generation spiritually'.
Even Jesus said, 'I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?' Luke 18:8.
In 1 cor 7:5, the bible says, ' Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.'. That is even for husband and wife o, so that they will not be tempted to commit adultery not to talk of those who have not married.
In 1 cor 6:15, ' Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.'.
And in 1 cor 6:18, ' Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.'
But if u burn of sexual desire the scripture has said in 1 cor 7:9,' But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.'.
But above all we must address this situation from the foundation cuz the bible says in 1 cor 1:18, ' For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.' U av to be born again. Repent of your ways, this is not only by going to church but be a Christian, let your life be fashioned after Christ's.
Remember the bibke says in Romans 8:13, ' For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.'.
Finally, in Acts 17:30, ' And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent'.
So called brother, so called sister, so called chorister, so called pastor, so called sunday school teacher, repent ye all, u don't have any justification to fornicate.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with us all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by Rukkydelta(f): 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2017
The fact that most of us are engaging in it that doesn't mean it is not a sin
Having any kind of sexual activity with someone you are not married to is a sin
Though in this modern generation fornication it's the order of the day
May God continue to give those of us who choose to stay away from premarital sex to do so till the end... Amen
Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by OurworkComNg1: 2:16pm On Aug 06, 2017
5DMindset:

"Creator of Creators"

and who is the "creator of creators" you are referring to??
Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 06, 2017
OurworkComNg1:

and who is the "creator of creators" you are referring to??

Not who but what.
Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 06, 2017
ta4ba3:
I know it's a sin and I still do it that's why I always pray for forgiveness of sin knowingly or unknowingly

You know & yet willfully do it? OK continue till the day monkey no come back again.
Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by enemyofprogress: 2:32pm On Aug 06, 2017
VickyRotex:

Hebrews 13vs4
if na joke make you stop am o
Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by hadow(m): 2:44pm On Aug 06, 2017
the bible says you should flee from all appearance of evil. what is a sin is a sin you have no way to justify it
Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by OurworkComNg1: 2:51pm On Aug 06, 2017
5DMindset:

Not who but what.
so what created you sir?? the big bang(er) 6sounds knockout??
Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by NoToPile: 2:56pm On Aug 06, 2017
Is a Christian supposed to have a view or opinion on a biblical instruction?

Bible says it is wrong so it is wrong.

The fact that a lot of people are doing it doesn't make it right.
Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by ireneidiva(f): 3:27pm On Aug 06, 2017
sayentease:
Sex is now overrated. It used to be sacred but no more. Some even get it from 3 day olds in form of rape and sexual abuse and this is to tell you the height of moral decadence in our society.

As a christian, the urge to commit fornication is high except we want to deceive ourselves because our sisters are not even helping us with the kind of clothes they wear to church.

So, should we engage in pre-marital sex with our partner to confirm their potency and ask for forgiveness later or we should completely stay away from it.. note: the latter isn't easy ooo

Please discuss
Why should you do something wrong because you can ask for forgiveness later?
Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 06, 2017
sayentease:

Please discuss

... and i ask, is there any justification to sin? If God knee we could not be able to withstand it, why did he call it sin?
God cannot change his standard. Just obey!
Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 06, 2017
The biblical view is our view.
Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by greatdave(m): 4:18pm On Aug 06, 2017
ucheuzor1:

I couldn't have agreed with you any less on this. You are spot on bro

It has been proven scientifically that sex is good and healthy for the body. Why then avoid it
Man's greatest energy surge arises during sex. Why use religious limitations to subdue it.

If sex at youthful age wasn't necessary, we shouldn't have been feeling anything at our young stage of life. Conji go hold some people, then go use religion dey kill themself undecided undecided

And how much of this "energy" have we harnessed into something productive. You lay down on the bed afterwards,lazy and "empty". Sex is truly overrated! If we are sincere to ourselves, only one who doesn't care about conscience continues to engage in premarital sex without some form of guilt and or conviction. The fact that it's prevalent doesnt make it right. Yes this feelings arise, but it takes discipline and Grace to overcome the urges. It's not easy but it's very possible. We will not for if we don't have such sex. Just imagine a guy fully aroused and ready to get down but the girl suddenly says she has HIV...The "Salutation" will drop instantly. Be guided folks...Jesus Loves you!

1 Like

Re: Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? by piagetskinner(m): 5:14pm On Aug 06, 2017
sex is not what binds...but love is...even when one is married...

because couples that divorce themselves must have had sex a number of times...if they loved more...the issue of divorce wouldn't arise..

the bible is against sex before marriage.. that all I can say

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

RCCG, Anglican Church Plan Global Partnership – Pastor Adeboye / Pastor Adeboye: 'You Will Attend The Funeral Of Those That Want You Dead" / Apostle Suleman Visits IDP In Adamawa, Donates Gifts To Them (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.