Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,637 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. (2446 Views)

FG Reacts To Saraki Exit From APC / Ortom’s Exit From APC A Blessing To Us – Oshiomhole / Philip Obin Escapes Death After Visiting His Village For Peace Talks. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by Masterclass32: 2:38pm On Aug 06, 2017
DESPITE the peace talks held
between leaders of the Coalition
of Northern Groups (CNG) and
their counterparts of the Igbo
extraction, Ndigbo are insisting
on relocating their wives and siblings to the South-East before
the October 1 quit notice
deadline for them to leave the
North.

This came just as a top member
of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo,
Kindness Jonah, disowned the
Igbo leaders that met with the
CNG leaders in Kano, the Kano
State capital, on Friday, as part of efforts to reach a compromise
on the standoff.

She said the pan-Igbo
Organisation leadership did not
represent Igbo interest as much
as Indigenous Peoples of Biafra
(IPOB ) does.

The highpoint of last Friday’s
meeting was the setting up of
10-member joint to resolve the
logjam, which necessitated a
series of consultations and
meetings at the instance of the Presidency with leaders from
the North and the South-East
some months ago.

According to some Igbo, who
interacted with Sunday Tribune,
there is no boing back on their
resolve to relocate their wives
and children to the South-East as
they are not ready to leave anything to chance.

Though some of the leaders had
declared that they were not
going anywhere during the
interactive session with CNG
under its leader,
AmbassadorShettimaYerima, the people said it was necessary
to take preemptive measure, as
Yetima said the quit notice
would subsist.

The committee was given 72
hours to come up with a
position that can douse the
tension created by the quit
notice.

The president of EzeNdigbo in
the Diaspora, Igwe Boniface
Ibekwe, lamented that the quit
notice was already taking a toll
on the economy of the Igbo in
the entire North and other parts of the country.

When Sunday Tribune visited
the popular Abubakar Rimi
market located in the heart of
Sabongari, where most non-
indigenes reside, the dominant
issue of discourse was their plans based on the quit notice.

One Mrs Esther John from
Anambra State told the Sunday
Tribune that after exchanging
greeting by a friend, Madam
Eunice Okechuwu, said: “my
Oga has secured a self-contained apartment in Onitsha, paid a
sum of N200,000 for a year.”

Also speaking, Igbo who
identified himself as Baba Ebuka,
who lived at Burma road, told
Sunday Tribune: “life is for the
living and I could recall that
three months before the election my family moved to
Nsuka in Enugu State.

“I thank God I am not like
other Igbo who put all their
eggs in one basket, as I have a
house here in Kano. God has
equally helped me to build one
in my state. Therefore, before that time, my family will
certainly move down to the
house.”

In his own remarks, Chief Okafor
Emmanuel, said: “I am not
entertaining any fear because
most of my children are grown
up and many of them are
already in Abia State, though my wife and I have equally
made up our mind to relocate to
where her children are.”

www.tribuneonlineng.com/despite-peace-moves-igbo-plan-exit-kano/

4 Likes

Re: Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by wordproof: 2:47pm On Aug 06, 2017
Why can't this vegetable in London tow the line of peace, be honourable like failed GEJ and resign to douse tension and save lives.

Am sure the East will not be the only ones to loose, down East (especially Enugu) there are a lot of Northern investments.

5 Likes

Re: Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 06, 2017
death to buhari.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by ZombieTAMER: 2:55pm On Aug 06, 2017
No problems here,,,, all man in his region..

2 Likes

Re: Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by 9jii(m): 2:58pm On Aug 06, 2017
It's better for them to go home and make peace with their bothers.
Because they are about to buy the whole market for them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by Okoroawusa: 2:59pm On Aug 06, 2017
Nobody is going anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by Chatflick(m): 2:59pm On Aug 06, 2017
We can't overlook the fact that seperation is inevitable, sooner or in the nearest future.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by Kazim88: 3:15pm On Aug 06, 2017
It's beginning to crumble......

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by EmeeNaka: 3:19pm On Aug 06, 2017
Those that want to leave should leave but those doesn't should remain. The Arewa youths will be in for a difficult time if they ever carry out any killing against Igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by dannytoe(m): 3:47pm On Aug 06, 2017
Igbo's nor trust hungry Amajiris, them go just rip them into peices at the slightest sign of provocation.
Re: Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by irrefragable: 4:30pm On Aug 06, 2017
The igbo property in the north has always been used to blackmail us any time Biafra is mentioned.

My brothers please come back home, let's surprise them by doing it now once and for all. There is no going back on Biafra.

If we don't achieve Biafra now, the next generation will find themselves even more marginalized and the igbo property in the north (which would have increased by then) would still be used to blackmail them if they call for Biafra. Let's do it now once and for all.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by wakaman: 5:24pm On Aug 06, 2017
Alaniyiokorausa:
death to buhari.

Death to your father if you have one! If not,death to your eze, obi , all your elders, nuisance ipig.

Flat headed biafran pig

Death to you and yours.

5 Likes

Re: Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by profhezekiah: 5:47pm On Aug 06, 2017
wakaman:

Death to your father if you have one! If not,death to your eze, obi , all your elders, nuisance ipig.

Flat headed biafran pig

Death to you and yours.
A M E N

3 Likes

Re: Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by ogaJona(m): 6:48pm On Aug 06, 2017
wakaman:

Flat headed biafran pig

Death to you and yours.
MODS this man deserve a ban
Re: Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by greenmonk: 7:24pm On Aug 06, 2017
ogaJona:
MODS this man deserve a ban
You are a hypocrite.

7 Likes

Re: Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 06, 2017
wordproof:
Why can't this vegetable in London tow the line of peace, be honourable like failed GEJ and resign to douse tension and save lives.

Am sure the East will not be the only ones to loose, down East (especially Enugu) there are a lot of Northern investments.

Hypocrite. So Biafra agitation is as a result of northern Muslim being the president? As soon as he resign then tension will douse bcux a Christian from the south will take over.

If dem born u well come remove Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by ogaJona(m): 7:51pm On Aug 06, 2017
greenmonk:
You are a hypocrite.
swerve abeg
Re: Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by SHAKABOOM: 8:02pm On Aug 06, 2017
irrefragable:
The igbo property in the north has always been used to blackmail us any time Biafra is mentioned.

My brothers please come back home, let's surprise them by doing it now once and for all. There is no going back on Biafra.

If we don't achieve Biafra now, the next generation will find themselves even more marginalized and the igbo property in the north (which would have increased by then) would still be used to blackmail them if they call for Biafra. Let's do it now once and for all.
Ar swear yu spoke wisely..It must be done once ad for all..Enough of the property blackmail.

3 Likes

Re: Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by DonBobes(m): 8:43pm On Aug 06, 2017
Igbos again.
I will never forget wat one igbo soldier did to me back den; i just passed out of d academy and gave him huge amount to get something of not more dan 20x2 for my church na so d crook told me its 80x 2. I gave him, abah young officer now feeling big dos days money de. After two years I found out d real cost to b 35x2. Imagine d guy ate me seriously. He claims to b a Christian. I felt really bad and cut communications with him immediately. Thief.
That is wat dey know how to do best. Dey should go n get der Biafra con3. Animals

1 Like

Re: Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 06, 2017
wakaman:

Flat headed biafran pig

Death to you and yours.
death to buhari,brother you know bubu is a vegetable

1 Like

Re: Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by wakaman: 9:51pm On Aug 06, 2017
Alaniyiokorausa:
death to buhari,brother you know bubu is a vegetable

Hell, i ain't your brother, pig!

I actually despise you.

Biafran pig.
Re: Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 06, 2017
wakaman:

Hell, i ain't your brother, pig!

I actually despise you.

Biafran pig.
you are my brother let buhari die bro he is a candidate of hell.Dan wuta ne buhari haram ne,

1 Like

Re: Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by greenmonk: 10:13pm On Aug 06, 2017
ogaJona:
swerve abeg
That you want a country of your own does not call for hate speeches just as you cannot insult the Ghanaian president because we are not the same country.
Whatever you measure others with will surely come back to you. Respect is reciprocal.
Re: Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by EasternLeopard: 10:15pm On Aug 06, 2017
DonBobes:
Igbos again.
I will never forget wat one igbo soldier did to me back den; i just passed out of d academy and gave him huge amount to get something of not more dan 20x2 for my church na so d crook told me its 80x 2. I gave him, abah young officer now feeling big dos days money de. After two years I found out d real cost to b 35x2. Imagine d guy ate me seriously. He claims to b a Christian. I felt really bad and cut communications with him immediately. Thief.
That is wat dey know how to do best. Dey should go n get der Biafra con3. Animals

So your tribesmen don't have sinners amongst them

I never knew your tribesmen are as holy as Jesus

Pls which tribe do you belong to.?
Re: Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 07, 2017
Very good decision. Better leave that barren north to the parasites.
Any igbo person that is attacked and killed up north by those idiots committed suicide.
That's what those beasts are known for

1 Like

Re: Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by Integrityfarms(m): 7:27am On Aug 07, 2017
Any Igbo man feeling at ease in the north is like a man sitting on a keg of gun powder and toying with matchsticks
Re: Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by chibuike65: 8:16am On Aug 07, 2017
Re: Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by ajepako(f): 8:22am On Aug 07, 2017
Very sensible move, if you ask me...

Better to be safe than sorry...

1 Like

Re: Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by MrMaestro: 8:26am On Aug 07, 2017
Ok southwest. Patiently awaiting your own quit notice.
Re: Despite Peace Talks, Igbo Plan Exit From Kano. by ogaJona(m): 10:14pm On Aug 07, 2017
greenmonk:

That you want a country of your own does not call for hate speeches just as you cannot insult the Ghanaian president because we are not the same country.
Whatever you measure others with will surely come back to you. Respect is reciprocal.
swerve I say

(1) (Reply)

Meet 10 Nigerian Billionaires All From The Same Town Nnewi / Candid Truth About Election Boycott In Nigeria / Abba Kyari Gets As Much As Osibanjo, Check Monthly Running Cost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.