Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,346 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 (1508 Views)

Please!!! Someone Should Help Me Interpret This Dreams. / Please Someone Shuld Help Me Interpret This Persistent Dream. / Help Me Interpret This Horrible Dream. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by yemyke001(m): 5:09pm On Aug 06, 2017
Jesus said he came to bring sword, to set man against his family, but he is the prince of peace, do you remember He said peace be still. Explain Matt 10:34
Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by psucc(m): 5:37pm On Aug 06, 2017
No matter how bright a colour is, the blind can never see!

However, whenever a child or any person repents, I mean genuine repentance, he is at war with other members of the family, friends, colleagues, etc. He will be treated as an outcast.

3 Likes

Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by emmanuelzi(m): 5:41pm On Aug 06, 2017
psucc:
No matter how bright a colour is, the blind can never see!

However, whenever a child or any person repents, I mean genuine repentance, he is at war with other members of the family, friends, colleagues, etc. He will be treated as an outcast.

hmmmm, words of life
Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by iamgenius(m): 6:30pm On Aug 06, 2017
yemyke001:
Jesus said he came to bring sword, to set man against his family, but he is the prince of peace, do you remember He said peace be still. Explain Matt 10:34
If to say na inside Al Quran that kind word dey; I dont know what will happen. The writers of d bible were very stupid, how can a prophet bring SWORD to turn everyone against one anothe? The truth is the original scripture says it's WORD not sword. That's why we mus5ims say we love Jesus and follow his teachings.
Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by kkins25(m): 6:53pm On Aug 06, 2017
iamgenius:
If to say na inside Al Quran that kind word dey; I dont know what will happen. The writers of d bible were very stupid, how can a prophet bring SWORD to turn everyone against one anothe? The truth is the original scripture says it's WORD not sword. That's why we mus5ims say we love Jesus and follow his teachings.
so you muslims know its word yet islam has produced the state of the arts acts of terrorism. congrats.
Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by iamgenius(m): 6:57pm On Aug 06, 2017
kkins25:
so you muslims know its word yet islam has produced the state of the arts acts of terrorism. congrats.
Abeg explain the verse, or make you go ask ur pastor. Even Mr Adeboye and co can't explain it. It's A Challenge From Me
Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by kkins25(m): 7:50pm On Aug 06, 2017
iamgenius:
Abeg explain the verse, or make you go ask ur pastor. Even Mr Adeboye and co can't explain it. It's A Challenge From Me
thats easy. The "world" jesus was referring to is not people per se but the sytem/philosophy/ideolgy of the people. he did not come to corroborate the existing system, he came to challenge it. a muslim father would not be happy if his child switched to another religion neither would a christian father hence jesus' statement "...fathers against son, etc..."
Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by iamgenius(m): 8:05pm On Aug 06, 2017
kkins25:
thats easy. The "world" jesus was referring to is not people per se but the sytem/philosophy/ideolgy of the people. he did not come to corroborate the existing system, he came to challenge it. a muslim father would not be happy if his child switched to another religion neither would a christian father hence jesus' statement "...fathers against son, etc..."
See this guy, u r not explaining the verse. The verse is Mathew 10:34= Think not that I am come to send peace on earth, I came not to send peace, but "SWORD" The question is Jesus also is the prince of peace, but he said in d verse above that he only brought "A SWORD" Why sword?
Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by kkins25(m): 8:25pm On Aug 06, 2017
iamgenius:
See this guy, u r not explaining the verse. The verse is Mathew 10:34= Think not that I am come to send peace on earth, I came not to send peace, but "SWORD" The question is Jesus also is the prince of peace, but he said in d verse above that he only brought "A SWORD" Why sword?

does who live by the SWORD die by the SWORD. sword is symbolic for battle or war. he cannot make peace with evil, he can wgae war against it and defeat it...

1 Like

Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 06, 2017
yemyke001:

i like your question smiley

it's good you asked instead of 'the otherwise' or else, people like the atheists will remain confused and continue to remain confused unless they are convicted by the Holy Ghost.

i'll explain it as best as possible..

Matthew 10:34
34 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword.

now compare Revelations13:10. says;

10 He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; he who kills with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

according to the gospel of Matthew10, Jesus had further said that, he did not come to bring peace to the earth but a sword. why? ask yourself, "right now, is there any peace on earth?" see the various painful happenings happening on earth. no perfect peace, no perfect love etc., but wickedness, hatefulness and suffering at every point of time in life.

Meanwhile, Jesus said He came to fulfill the law(Matthew5:17-18), and was bringing ritgheousness back to those who wills and wants to be righteous does not mean he came to bring peace on the earth.

Moroever, if you say Jesus is the Prince of Peace, then Jesus is really the Prince of Peace from before tie began. Meaning that He is the Prince of Peace does not mean we will have peace on earth until He has defeated the devil and put all things under His feet in which, as a matter of fact, explains my quote of Revelations13:10.

Jesus did not come to bring peace to the earthlings, but he literally left a sword. if you can understand the statement "he who kills with the sword must be killed with the sword" according to the book of revelations, it signifies a evil person killing with a sword who'll also be killed by another Mighty person with his own sword.

you can read this part of revelations here...

The Beast and His Armies Defeated

17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, “Come and gather together for the supper of the great God, 18 that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, both small and great.”

19 And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army. 20 Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone.
21 And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse. And all the birds were filled with their flesh.

and these is what i guess would be that sword that will devour the wicked and evil ones before the resoration of peace on the earth and the reign of the Jesus Christ and His saints..

The Saints Reign with Christ 1,000 Years

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or osn their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

Finally, if Jesus had brought peace instead of a sword, how many people would love to live a peaceful life, seeing that we have wicked people who'll never change even if God had to beg them to desist.
Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 06, 2017
iamgenius:

undecided what you could be thinking could not be what Jesus meant.

Think of the numerous born-agains and converts, do you think their family and friends liked the way the gave their life to Christ?

now you can even see for yourself that some have been tortured to the extent of matyrdom. some ran away from their homes since they couldn't bear the outrage of their families and friends because of they became Christians. Now do you think that's peace? that's why Jesus left a sword which will devour the wicked and evil ones who never loved the truth.

@yemke001.... this should answer your question too.
Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 06, 2017
iamgenius:

you could also be right. Sword or Word, both depicts and signifies TRUTH
Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 06, 2017
iamgenius:

you could also be right. SWORD or WORD, both depicts and signifies TRUTH
Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by iamgenius(m): 6:19am On Aug 07, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

it's good you asked instead of 'the otherwise' or else, people like the atheists will remain confused and continue to remain confused unless they are convicted by the Holy Ghost.

34 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword.

10 He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; he who kills with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

according to the gospel of Matthew10, Jesus had further said that, he did not come to bring peace to the earth but a sword. why? ask yourself, "right now, is there any peace on earth?" see the various painful happenings happening on earth. no perfect peace, no perfect love etc., but wickedness, hatefulness and suffering at every point of time in life.

Meanwhile, Jesus said He came to fulfill the law(Matthew5:17-18), and was bringing ritgheousness back to those who wills and wants to be righteous does not mean he came to bring peace on the earth.

Moroever, if you say Jesus is the Prince of Peace, then Jesus is really the Prince of Peace from before tie began. Meaning that He is the Prince of Peace does not mean we will have peace on earth until He has defeated the devil and put all things under His feet in which, as a matter of fact, explains my quote of Revelations13:10.

Jesus did not come to bring peace to the earthlings, but he literally left a sword. if you can understand the statement "he who kills with the sword must be killed with the sword" according to the book of revelations, it signifies a evil person killing with a sword who'll also be killed by another Mighty person with his own sword.

17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, “Come and gather together for the supper of the great God, 18 that you may eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, both small and great.”

19 And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army. 20 Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone.
21 And the rest were killed with the sword which proceeded from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse. And all the birds were filled with their flesh.

and these is what i guess would be that sword that will devour the wicked and evil ones before the resoration of peace on the earth and the reign of the Jesus Christ and His saints..

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or osn their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

Finally, if Jesus had brought peace instead of a sword, how many people would love to live a peaceful life, seeing that we have wicked people who'll never change even if God had to beg them to desist.

U didn't address d issue, you are just quoting d verses again.
Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by iamgenius(m): 6:25am On Aug 07, 2017
kkins25:

does who live by the SWORD die by the SWORD. sword is symbolic for battle or war. he cannot make peace with evil, he can wgae war against it and defeat it...
Okay, so ur jesus will wage war against evil without waging war againt the people(evil doers)? Likewise Mr. Buhari wants to fight corruption without him touching the corrupt politicians! E Make Sense?
Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by kkins25(m): 9:00am On Aug 07, 2017
iamgenius:
Okay, so ur jesus will wage war against evil without waging war againt the people(evil doers)? Likewise Mr. Buhari wants to fight corruption without him touching the corrupt politicians! E Make Sense?
thats one thing with you muslims, everything is about killing the infidels. (goodluck with that anyway, you can see how muslims are suffering. cleaning all the pollution in the ocean does not mean the ocean would be pure because you have not identified the source of the pollution. keep on catching the corrupt politicians and corruption would steal prevail, you know why, because the loop holes in the system have not been blocked. now with respect to jesus, the evil of the world was the devil. "I am of my father-God, but ye are of your(pharisees) father the devil". the source of evil was evil doctrine. that is what jesus came to fight. not the people. Remember "Father forgive them they know not what they do". so you see the men were not the problem but the "principalities and powers". when you muslims understand the battle is not between good men nd bad men but btw all men and evil then your religion would move closer to the kingdom of God. as for now you are behind us, sorry to say.

1 Like

Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by 701ecilana: 9:28am On Aug 07, 2017
yemyke001:
Why not post it here let's see?

You may be taking it out of context. Post it out.
Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by 701ecilana: 9:30am On Aug 07, 2017
iamgenius:
You don dey open your mouth talk nonsense, why him no post the Bible verse for you to see then ask for the meaning before you start wrap trash?

Na who send you to be moslem?
Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by 701ecilana: 9:33am On Aug 07, 2017
iamgenius:
That is what it means, if you believe or want to believe something else, fine. But that is what it means.
Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by 701ecilana: 9:35am On Aug 07, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

Hmmm plenty talk, nothing inside.
Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by 701ecilana: 9:38am On Aug 07, 2017
kkins25:
thats one thing with you muslims, everything is about killing the infidels. (goodluck with that anyway, you can see how muslims are suffering. cleaning all the pollution in the ocean does not mean the ocean would be pure because you have not identified the source of the pollution. keep on catching the corrupt politicians and corruption would steal prevail, you know why, because the loop holes in the system have not been blocked. now with respect to jesus, the evil of the world was the devil. "I am of my father-God, but ye are of your(pharisees) father the devil". the source of evil was evil doctrine. that is what jesus came to fight. not the people. Remember "Father forgive them they know not what they do". so you see the men were not the problem but the "principalities and powers". when you muslims understand the battle is not between good men nd bad men but btw all men and evil then your religion would move closer to the kingdom of God. as for now you are behind us, sorry to say.
Very correct. God bless you.
Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by iamgenius(m): 12:13pm On Aug 07, 2017
701ecilana:

You don dey open your mouth talk nonsense, why him no post the Bible verse for you to see then ask for the meaning before you start wrap trash?

Na who send you to be moslem?
I send myself to be a muslim. You dey do christianity coz u are born in it, and there is lot of jokes and play play in church.
Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by iamgenius(m): 12:18pm On Aug 07, 2017
kkins25:
U always like to blame devil. Who are those behind d devilish acts in this world? I know ur answer will be "It's D Devil". Ur wrong bro, u ever seen d devil? No. He just advice d people to do devilish acts, so whoever follows him is misguided. Stop blaming d devil 4 ur evil acts.
Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by kkins25(m): 9:39pm On Aug 07, 2017
iamgenius:
U always like to blame devil. Who are those behind d devilish acts in this world? I know ur answer will be "It's D Devil". Ur wrong bro, u ever seen d devil? No. He just advice d people to do devilish acts, so whoever follows him is misguided. Stop blaming d devil 4 ur evil acts.

if he didnt advice me would I do evil??
if your religion tells you to destroy all evil men then its time to switch religion.
God too destroyed all the evil men once but look at it today.
even in saudi arabia where laws are strict, arent there still evil men??
reason well brother, no matter how many thieves you use as scapegoat, more will still be caught. then ask yourself, Can man eliminate sin by killing or punishing the perpetrators? No!!
now you ask yourself, are you perfect? if yes then it either you are God or you LIE, if NO then are you any different from a thieve a rapist or a murderer ?? after all a sin is a sin isnt it?? if you had grown up in the same circumstances a thieve grew up in you might also end up a thieve.
"THE GOOD DIE YOUNG" you will now begin to understand the phrase.
Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by iamgenius(m): 10:34pm On Aug 07, 2017
kkins25:

if he didnt advice me would I do evil??
if your religion tells you to destroy all evil men then its time to switch religion.
God too destroyed all the evil men once but look at it today.
even in saudi arabia where laws are strict, arent there still evil men??
reason well brother, no matter how many thieves you use as scapegoat, more will still be caught. then ask yourself, Can man eliminate sin by killing or punishing the perpetrators? No!!
now you ask yourself, are you perfect? if yes then it either you are God or you LIE, if NO then are you any different from a thieve a rapist or a murderer ?? after all a sin is a sin isnt it?? if you had grown up in the same circumstances a thieve grew up in you might also end up a thieve.
"THE GOOD DIE YOUNG" you will now begin to understand the phrase.
Is that a new law from you? U can help tell Mr. Buhari and other Force and Law Agencies to stop bullying, disgracing, punishing d evil doers, rather they should go and arrest d devil(satan) himself. U have to tell them d devils whereabouts, Gudluck to ur new research. If people like you become a famous pastor(yahoo pastor), na yov go dey preach say Stealing Is Not Corruption. Dont forget Romans 6:23- For D Wages Of Sin Is Death. Chai! even if u steal 10Naira? That's cruel bro.
Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by kkins25(m): 10:58pm On Aug 07, 2017
iamgenius:
Is that a new law from you? U can help tell Mr. Buhari and other Force and Law Agencies to stop bullying, disgracing, punishing d evil doers, rather they should go and arrest d devil(satan) himself. U have to tell them d devils whereabouts, Gudluck to ur new research. If people like you become a famous pastor(yahoo pastor), na yov go dey preach say Stealing Is Not Corruption. Dont forget Romans 6:23- For D Wages Of Sin Is Death. Chai! even if u steal 10Naira? That's cruel bro.
well while I do my research, goodluck to you too trying to kill all the evil men. im sure you would end up killing everybody and in the end yourself. then the devil will look u and smile: iamgenius thank you for being a devil.

you do not seem to understand my analogy. if Allah knew better why didnt he too destroy all the evil men??
so buhari is a saint now. magu is a saint now too abi?? mtcheeew they there mumu never do you, ameachi, tinubu, okorocha, atiku etc, them no corrupt abi?? see saraki, dino malye, them too no corrupt abi?? yet this are buharis cabinet. and you think he is fighting corruption??
Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by iamgenius(m): 6:11am On Aug 08, 2017
kkins25:
well while I do my research, goodluck to you too trying to kill all the evil men. im sure you would end up killing everybody and in the end yourself. then the devil will look u and smile: iamgenius thank you for being a devil.

you do not seem to understand my analogy. if Allah knew better why didnt he too destroy all the evil men??
so buhari is a saint now. magu is a saint now too abi?? mtcheeew they there mumu never do you, ameachi, tinubu, okorocha, atiku etc, them no corrupt abi?? see saraki, dino malye, them too no corrupt abi?? yet this are buharis cabinet. and you think he is fighting corruption??
I can see you dodging that verse. I think say you be one of their mumu, dat's why I advised you go to them. What about the evil doers during the time of Noah(peace be upon him). Now use ur brain as a human being, religious aspect aside now; What do you think shld be done to those that rape, rob, kill for ritual and other evil acts?
Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 08, 2017
yemyke001:

For you to understand a statement fully you must have a good understanding of its background. If you are to read that chapter (Matthew 10) from the beginning you will find out that Jesus was only charging and preparing His disciple for the spreading of His Gospel, telling them the difficulties, persecutions, hatred they would likely encounter.

In that same chapter Jesus went further to say.... "35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law"....all these are just prophecies about what would happen in the world because of the Gospel. I believe you must have heard or seen a Muslim home where only one person tries to become a Christain, I know you will know the hell such person would face?

Again, Jesus being the Prince of Peace does not means Peace to all; You can only get access to His peace when you are in HIM, that is why He said in John 16:33 that "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by kkins25(m): 10:39am On Aug 08, 2017
iamgenius:
I can see you dodging that verse. I think say you be one of their mumu, dat's why I advised you go to them. What about the evil doers during the time of Noah(peace be upon him). Now use ur brain as a human being, religious aspect aside now; What do you think shld be done to those that rape, rob, kill for ritual and other evil acts?
am not saying punishment shouldnt be delivered to evil men. let me ask you this,
why is it that in heaven there would be no sin??
Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by GodsMopol: 10:47am On Aug 08, 2017
yemyke001:

it means you should not prefer your parents or relatives above God.

A sword means breaking the link and attachment or over attachment to those who won't help us do the will of God. Lemme give you related verses.

Matthew 19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

the word forsake is what the sword does. The word is a discipleship term so to say,you would notice that Elisha did the same for Elijah though to God.

1 Kings 19:19 So he departed thence, and found Elisha the son of Shaphat, who was plowing with twelve yoke of oxen before him, and he with the twelfth: and Elijah passed by him, and cast his mantle upon him. 19:20 And he left the oxen, and ran after Elijah, and said, Let me, I pray thee, kiss my father and my mother, and then I will follow thee. And he said unto him, Go back again: for what have I done to thee? 19:21 And he returned back from him, and took a yoke of oxen, and slew them, and boiled their flesh with the instruments of the oxen, and gave unto the people, and they did eat. Then he arose, and went after Elijah, and ministered unto him.
Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by iamgenius(m): 12:45pm On Aug 08, 2017
kkins25:
am not saying punishment shouldnt be delivered to evil men. let me ask you this,
why is it that in heaven there would be no sin??
Because there would be no cause to do it. You wont even think abt it. D devil is no more advising you.
Re: Please HELP ME INTERPRET Matt 10:34 by kkins25(m): 12:59pm On Aug 08, 2017
iamgenius:
Because there would be no cause to do it. You wont even think abt it. D devil is no more advising you.
exactly..,.. this is what am trying to say. remove the source and conquer sin. im not saying men should go unpurnished for crimes. crime is not d same as sin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Throwback Picture Of Pastor William F. Kumuyi / Christianity Or Insanity / Buhari Will Die If He Campaigns For 2019 – Prophet Akinbodunse [VIDEO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.