Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

The Stronghold In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Stronghold In Abuja (745 Views)

Buhari Cracks Tinubu’s Stronghold In APC, Offers Oshiomhole Ministerial Appointm / 'see How Atiku Locked Down Nasarawa, Buhari’s Stronghold' - Dele Momodu / Katsina, Kano Polls Show Buhari Has Lost Popularity In Stronghold: PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Stronghold In Abuja by Johnrake69: 7:30am On Aug 07, 2017
This is a personal experience and it's to remind us on how the current centralization of power is impending the wheel of progress of this nation.

Recently, I registered a business name through the CAC office close to Onikan, during the the process of making the payment for the registration which is #10,000. A honest mistake was made by me. Instead of the approved name of the business I did input my name. So the CAC rejected the payment and advised I make another payment while I apply for a refund for the first payment. I applied for a refund on the 15th of March, 2017. And, the Lagos office verified my claim and sent the correspondence to Abuja since on the 17th of March, 2017. Till date no response from Abuja.

Taking this in perspective.
If the Lagos office had the power to refund me, by now it would have been done going by how swift they acted in verifying my claim.

Secondly, it's pertinent at this point to ask whose interest is Abuja serving?

In summary, we may say that this is an isolated incident but if we dig deep, other cases will be uncovered. Mismanagement and inefficiency is the hallmark of any institution of the federal government, I stand to be corrected. And it shouldn't be out of place to ask for devolution of power to states.

Cc:
Seun
Dominique
Re: The Stronghold In Abuja by LUGBE: 8:22am On Aug 07, 2017
The interest Abuja is serving is for you to stop handling what professionals ought to do.

Your honest mistake will cost you too kiss
Re: The Stronghold In Abuja by jahsharon: 8:48am On Aug 07, 2017
You made a silly mistake, instead of being sober for you senseless action, you are here blaming CAC. If you fail WAEC, you wait till next year to resit. CAC has too much applications on hand to treat and does not have time for people who forget their names like you.

Now tell me, do you need to register a fake company in order to do your hard drug trafficking busibess?

2 Likes

Re: The Stronghold In Abuja by pacino26(m): 9:23am On Aug 07, 2017
The poster above me though sad

Nigeria is so used to "middlemen" such that when you get things done as publicized there is a possibility of you getting burnt in the process. Here is a young man with a complain, a legitimate one at that and a fellow (probably one of them charge and bail agents in the CAC) is ranting.

You can't process
1. a bank loan without a nod from the Abuja Head Quarters.
2. State governments can't start a fiscal year without Abuja.
3. Even in the face imminent danger a state governor couldn't have the security agencies in his state save lives without Abuja's approval.

A lot of things can't happen without Abuja.
@Op your message is clear to the initiated but to some, you went out to cut their middle men share so don't be surprised if they can't give any meaningful suggestion. Try writing ABUJA.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Stronghold In Abuja by Johnrake69: 12:00pm On Aug 07, 2017
LUGBE:
The interest Abuja is serving is for you to stop handling what professionals ought to do.

Your honest mistake will cost you too kiss

Do you know what my profession is? And for your information I have since been issued with a certificate of registration.

Within same I have also offered free advice to two business owners and they have also obtained their certificate of registration. So my dear, there is nothing professional about Business Name registration.
Re: The Stronghold In Abuja by Johnrake69: 12:02pm On Aug 07, 2017
jahsharon:
You made a silly mistake, instead of being sober for you senseless action, you are here blaming CAC. If you fail WAEC, you wait till next year to resit. CAC has too much applications on hand to treat and does not have time for people who forget their names like you.

Now tell me, do you need to register a fake company in order to do your hard drug trafficking busibess?

What is your problem?
Why are you ranting?
Re: The Stronghold In Abuja by Johnrake69: 12:25pm On Aug 07, 2017
pacino26:
The poster above me though sad

Nigeria is so used to "middlemen" such that when you get things done as publicized there is a possibility of you getting burnt in the process. Here is a young man with a complain, a legitimate one at that and a fellow (probably one of them charge and bail agents in the CAC) is ranting.

You can't process
1. a bank loan without a nod from the Abuja Head Quarters.
2. State governments can't start a fiscal year without Abuja.
3. Even in the face imminent danger a state governor couldn't have the security agencies in his state save lives without Abuja's approval.

A lot of things can't happen without Abuja.
@Op your message is clear to the initiated but to some, you went out to cut their middle men share so don't be surprised if they can't give any meaningful suggestion. Try writing ABUJA.

Thank you for this piece.
Re: The Stronghold In Abuja by jahsharon: 1:06pm On Aug 07, 2017
Johnrake69:

What is your problem?
Why are you ranting?

Are you mentally stable? You that cannot differentiate your name from your hard drug company's name.

Re: The Stronghold In Abuja by Johnrake69: 1:49pm On Aug 07, 2017
jahsharon:

Are you mentally stable? You that cannot differentiate your name from your hard drug company's name.

If you ask nicely I will employ you just to take you away from your miserable unemployable state.
Re: The Stronghold In Abuja by LUGBE: 5:18pm On Sep 04, 2017
I don't know your profession and i don't want to know either.

I pity those people you advised on how to get registered when you were unable to handle yours devoid of mistakes.

I have no bad feelings for you but i don't like people doing what they could have done better with an expert opinion.

[quote author=Johnrake69 post=59232786]
Do you know what my profession is? And for your information I have since been issued with a certificate of registration.

Within same I have also offered free advice to two business owners and they have also obtained their certificate of registration. So my dear, there is nothing professional about Business Name registration.[/quote
Re: The Stronghold In Abuja by Johnrake69: 5:35pm On Sep 04, 2017
LUGBE:

I don't know your profession and i don't want to know either.

I pity those people you advised on how to get registered when you were unable to handle yours devoid of mistakes.

I have no bad feelings for you but i don't like people doing what they could have done better with an expert opinion.

Very funny. They all have their certificate now. For your information, the total I spent was #22k inclusive of the 10k the CAC is owing me and I have my certificate. It's still less than the #25-30k I would have paid a sleazy lawyer like you. Better go look for something more productive to do. Registration of business name has been automated.
Re: The Stronghold In Abuja by omowolewa: 5:36pm On Sep 04, 2017
Just keep trying you may eventually get a refund.
Meanwhile, you've learned to be more careful next time. Don't be deterred by comments.

Don't forget to get your TIN with FIRS, get a bank account and keep good records of transactions.

You will need professionals latter in business life.
Re: The Stronghold In Abuja by Johnrake69: 6:04pm On Sep 05, 2017
omowolewa:
Just keep trying you may eventually get a refund.
Meanwhile, you've learned to be more careful next time. Don't be deterred by comments.

Don't forget to get your TIN with FIRS, get a bank account and keep good records of transactions.

You will need professionals latter in business life.

Thank you very much sir for the comment. Definitely, I believe in working with guys above me in terms of smartness. But, I'm still at the foundation with minimal capital. It still baffles me why some nairalanders were ranting about my resolve to do it myself when it's very much acceptable with CAC. Thank you again for the well thought out words of encouragement. God bless you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

93 Days After:Buhari Must Return To Nigeria Or Resign Hit Nigeria(Pics,video) / One Neajeriya! / I Will Expose Your Role In Chibok Girls Kidnapping, Alhassan Threatens Elrufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.