Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,789 members, 7,851,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:26 AM

Ozubulu Church Killing: See Why You Should Not Trust Nigeria Newspapers (Pics) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ozubulu Church Killing: See Why You Should Not Trust Nigeria Newspapers (Pics) (70282 Views)

‘Why I Don’t Trust Nigeria Police’- Fayose Speaks / Ozubulu Church Killings: We Are Close To Arresting The Gunman - Obiano / Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ozubulu Church Killing: See Why You Should Not Trust Nigeria Newspapers (Pics) by GloryCardinal(m): 7:57am On Aug 08, 2017
news paper can lie chai
Re: Ozubulu Church Killing: See Why You Should Not Trust Nigeria Newspapers (Pics) by bionixs: 8:14am On Aug 08, 2017
Nwodosis:
Just as they are also giving us different versions on Buhari's health!
please my people,what was NL 's score?
Re: Ozubulu Church Killing: See Why You Should Not Trust Nigeria Newspapers (Pics) by ameri9ja: 8:31am On Aug 08, 2017
cashlurd:
OK, let's reason together about this Ozubulu massacre. Let's think like thinkers and crosscheck our thoughts​ and common sense with police report.

1) Police conducted and finished their investigation within minutes, infact not more than two hours the crime was committed! We are talking about nigerian police. Same nigerian police that tried to convince us innitially then that nimbo massacre was result of fights between two cult groups.

2) They said it is a drug war between two people("brothers" as they called it) of that same village. Now speculations said the target who is one of the said brothers is Bishop. So what is the name of the other guy, the one who allegedly sent the assassins?

3) Now, how can a villager send assassins to a church in his own village to massacre People knowing fully well that his own relations, friends and families may be in that church too? Made sense?

4) Since police are so sure that this is drug war and they know the actors, why haven't they arrest anyone?

5) According to the report being circulated, the Bishop guy's house is directly opposite the church, so what stops the assassins from going to that house? If you are an assassin, would you rather go into that church or wait for your target to come out after church to hit him?

6) Do you believe assassins will go to church without information to be sure if their target is in the church or not? Do you believe assassins will just go for their target based on instinct or betting on luck to find him there?

7) Don't you think assassins would have planted an informant in that church that will inform them(through maybe text or call, or even video) whether their target is in that church and the seat/roll he is siting and colour of cloth he is wearing?

cool How come the assassins killed many innocent and helpless women and kids in their bid to kill their target who is not even in the church?

9) Have you heard that the said assassins went there wearing army uniform and army vehicles too?

10) They said Bishop's father was killed there yesterday, please can you show us in the said police and obiano report where they said Bishop's father was killed in that church yesterday?

11) how come police didn't even question those in the congregation there and show us eyewitness report at least too?

12) Some are reporting that the said assassins came into the church and start flashing torchlights, please let me ask you, have you been to any Catholic church before? Do you know how lighted Catholic churches always are during Masses?

13) This is 6am mass, do you know it is rare for any prominent or rich person to attend 6am mass? I am a Catholic so I know this.

Maybe u haven't been following the story on Facebook and elsewhere. People in the know including people in SA have expressed they have been expecting something like this and that many Ozubulu people have been killed in SA over the past 3 years related to the same beef. 
Here are some copy and pastes from the web:

According to the Bishop guy's stepmother, they came to the house looking for him. She told them he had gone to church. She pointed to where the father sat in the church and immediately they started to shoot in the father's general direction.

(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)

They Killed Only 12 people. In USA a lone untrained gunman killed 49 people in a club. Another untrained student killed 32 people. So, u can can be sure those guys could have wiped off the whole church if they wanted. 
Yet only 12 people were killed including his father. Also why would govt send people in army uniform? Or if u say terrorists, terrorists like to take responsibility and they also like to kill a lot of people. Anyway the guy will surface soon enough, he can't hide forever. I think what happened is they thought he was most vulnerable in church. Unfortunately for them he traveled the night b4. The killers probably didn't know him but were given detailed instructions. It was probably planned for a long time.

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Ozubulu Church Killing: See Why You Should Not Trust Nigeria Newspapers (Pics) by Danialuone: 8:38am On Aug 08, 2017
Only 11 persons were killed

11 persons are more than only bro.......this is scary .
Re: Ozubulu Church Killing: See Why You Should Not Trust Nigeria Newspapers (Pics) by fortunechy(m): 9:15am On Aug 08, 2017
economy of this country is affecting Their mental pabouloun
Re: Ozubulu Church Killing: See Why You Should Not Trust Nigeria Newspapers (Pics) by fortunechy(m): 9:15am On Aug 08, 2017
economy of this country is affecting Their mental pabouloun
Re: Ozubulu Church Killing: See Why You Should Not Trust Nigeria Newspapers (Pics) by andyanders: 9:36am On Aug 08, 2017
In Nigeria, if you depend any of your judgement based on what read from the print medias, or some of the television outlets, you will be disappointed when you end up getting the true story.

They lack proper investigative journalism here in Nigeria.
Re: Ozubulu Church Killing: See Why You Should Not Trust Nigeria Newspapers (Pics) by proeast(m): 9:44am On Aug 08, 2017
ChristineC:
the police claim to have Intel from 4 years ago about drug related offenses and even murder yet the suspect was moving about freely in the community building infrastructures and sharing scholarships, yet could conclusively tie it to investigations into a massacre in less than 24hrs while "learned" people lap everything up.

I'm not sure how the average IQ on the streets of a country that produced the likes Soyinka, Achebe, Chimamanda, Williams, Gani, Kachikwu et al degraded so badly to compete with animals.
Everything is fishy with that police report, IT IS A COMPLETE SMOKESCREEN TO DESPERATELY OBFUSCATE THE TRUTH! THE FACT IS THAT THE INCIDENT WAS A WELL PLANNED TERROR ATTACK WITH RELIGIOUS & POLITIAL UNDERTONES. THIS IS A JIHAD WITH SUPPORT FROM PEOPLE IN HIGH PLACES FROM THE NORTH. OBIANO IN CONNIVANCE WITH THE POLICE IS TRYING TO STOP THE ANARCHY & REPRISALS THAT WILL TAKE PLACE IF THE TRUTH IS MADE PUBLIC. SUSPECTS HELD ARE MERE FALL GUYS!!!
Re: Ozubulu Church Killing: See Why You Should Not Trust Nigeria Newspapers (Pics) by sshalom(m): 10:00am On Aug 08, 2017
Newspapers reports are also reflections of our Nation.....confused and clearly needing direction!
Re: Ozubulu Church Killing: See Why You Should Not Trust Nigeria Newspapers (Pics) by chineduemmao: 10:24am On Aug 08, 2017
delivryboy:
Trying to create a new narrative for the Nigerian audience to tow is as bad as poor reportage. The fact still remains that innocent people were killed by greedy DRUG LORDS who built a church and their sources of wealth was never questioned. There is so much effort to deviate the primary attention of the world from the main reason of the massacre. Attention should be focused on fishing out the real culprits behind the senseless killings, even if only one life was lost. I am disgusted by the way people are trying to shield the so called drug lords from public scrutiny and culpability. Who am I to judge people who asked for kidnapper Evans to be freed?
drug lords? I can't even imagine that story... It wont even make a good movie bro, but come to think of it why is the name of the second "drug baron" who sent the killers still unmentioned? since they are from thesame area that means both of them are pretty popular so why didn't the police/obianos report call his name?
Re: Ozubulu Church Killing: See Why You Should Not Trust Nigeria Newspapers (Pics) by chineduemmao: 10:34am On Aug 08, 2017
cashlurd:
OK, let's reason together about this Ozubulu massacre. Let's think like thinkers and crosscheck our thoughts​ and common sense with police report.

1) Police conducted and finished their investigation within minutes, infact not more than two hours the crime was committed! We are talking about nigerian police. Same nigerian police that tried to convince us innitially then that nimbo massacre was result of fights between two cult groups.

2) They said it is a drug war between two people("brothers" as they called it) of that same village. Now speculations said the target who is one of the said brothers is Bishop. So what is the name of the other guy, the one who allegedly sent the assassins?

3) Now, how can a villager send assassins to a church in his own village to massacre People knowing fully well that his own relations, friends and families may be in that church too? Made sense?

4) Since police are so sure that this is drug war and they know the actors, why haven't they arrest anyone?

5) According to the report being circulated, the Bishop guy's house is directly opposite the church, so what stops the assassins from going to that house? If you are an assassin, would you rather go into that church or wait for your target to come out after church to hit him?

6) Do you believe assassins will go to church without information to be sure if their target is in the church or not? Do you believe assassins will just go for their target based on instinct or betting on luck to find him there?

7) Don't you think assassins would have planted an informant in that church that will inform them(through maybe text or call, or even video) whether their target is in that church and the seat/roll he is siting and colour of cloth he is wearing?

cool How come the assassins killed many innocent and helpless women and kids in their bid to kill their target who is not even in the church?

9) Have you heard that the said assassins went there wearing army uniform and army vehicles too?

10) They said Bishop's father was killed there yesterday, please can you show us in the said police and obiano report where they said Bishop's father was killed in that church yesterday?

11) how come police didn't even question those in the congregation there and show us eyewitness report at least too?

12) Some are reporting that the said assassins came into the church and start flashing torchlights, please let me ask you, have you been to any Catholic church before? Do you know how lighted Catholic churches always are during Masses?

13) This is 6am mass, do you know it is rare for any prominent or rich person to attend 6am mass? I am a Catholic so I know this.
bro if you know how annoyed i was to see lots of people believe this story at first touch down eeeh you go pity me!
Re: Ozubulu Church Killing: See Why You Should Not Trust Nigeria Newspapers (Pics) by chineduemmao: 11:56am On Aug 08, 2017
ameri9ja:

Maybe u r the one not using your head or following the story on Facebook and elsewhere. People in the know including people in SA have expressed they have been expecting something like this and that many Ozubulu people have been killed in SA over the past 3 years related to the same beef.
Here is a copy paste of what some guy wrote:

They Killed Only 12 people. In USA a lone untrained gunman killed 49 people in a club. Another untrained student killed 32 people. So, u can can be sure those guys could have wiped off the whole church if they wanted. 
Yet only 12 people were killed including his father. Also why would govt send people in army uniform? Or if u say terrorists, terrorists like to take responsibility and they also like to kill a lot of people. Anyway the guy will surface soon enough, he can't hide forever. I think what happened is they thought he was most vulnerable in church. Unfortunately for them he traveled the night b4. The killers probably didn't know him but were given detailed instructions. It was probably planned for a long time.
lol... Guy do you really know how meaningless your first paragraph is? Kai! your funnyness can long from here to heaven.......
Re: Ozubulu Church Killing: See Why You Should Not Trust Nigeria Newspapers (Pics) by chineduemmao: 11:59am On Aug 08, 2017
gosmoney:
Government gat to step into des journalism problem dey are idiots people including nairaland dat reported 150
so who you believe Obiano, media houses or NL eyewitness?
Re: Ozubulu Church Killing: See Why You Should Not Trust Nigeria Newspapers (Pics) by edudguy(m): 12:25pm On Aug 08, 2017
Not only newspapers, Nairaland too! Their own worst. Almost everything I read here I are ethnic and religion related. I take everything I read here with a pinch of salt. 65% are lies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Policeman Inside Gutter As IPOB And Police Clash In Anambra (Photos) / Twitter Reacts To Suspension By Nigerian Government, Says It's 'Deeply Concerned / Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.