Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,442 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed (77846 Views)

Daddy Freeze Shares Mobile Bank App For Tithes And Offerings For Churches / Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by Pierocash(m): 4:42pm On Aug 09, 2017
U said it all that they dont knw God,that is to say ,their loyalty lies somewhr outside God.Those men are not natural men ,u better understand that now.They have whr their loyalty lies outside God.whr the heart of a man is,there his treasure wil be also.And secondly, blessings of tithing goes beyond money,how did steve job die?go and google it.it how u end that matters not hw u started.whr is Abiola today?the blessings of tithing goes with posterity
bishoptolucci:

Then where will you place Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Steve Jobs and a host of many billionaires who don't even know God?
Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 09, 2017
sarrki:

My people perished coz of lack of knowledge
Malachi 3:10 is old testament

God is the beginning before the beginning began to begin.

He is the same yesterday, today and forever.

Heaven and earth may pass away but his words stands

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by sharpwriter(m): 4:42pm On Aug 09, 2017
Pierocash:
One JW spotted. Evn in the days of christ ppl pay tithe.Any church misleading u to go contrary to the bible is satanic
Sharrap! go and read the scriptures again and start from Malachi chapter 1
Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by Requiem18(m): 4:44pm On Aug 09, 2017
Pierocash:
U said it all that they dont knw God,that is to say ,their loyalty lies somewhr outside God.Those men are not natural men ,u better understand that now.They have whr their loyalty lies outside God.whr the heart of a man is,there his treasure wil be also.And secondly, blessings of tithing goes beyond money,how did steve job die?go and google it.it how u end that matters not hw u started.whr is Abiola today?the blessings of tithing goes with posterity
So hardworking men are evil abi? Smh my boy, smh

3 Likes

Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by unimagin: 4:47pm On Aug 09, 2017
The original motive of God for tithe ended in Old Testament. However I can still decide to give 10%, 20% or more of my earnings to God today as my personal decision but not as a MUST. I challenge anybody here to show me where Jesus, Paul, Peter or anybody commanded tithe in NT. The NT only talked about giving cheerfully, willingly not of necessity or compulsion.
NB - I am not against giving your 10% to God but I am against any pastor, bishop, prophet, reverend telling people that it is a MUST to pay tithe today, failure to do so God will fight u and that you must pay it inside church bag. That is total fallacy.

3 Likes

Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by Requiem18(m): 4:48pm On Aug 09, 2017
SirGoldEjike:
No one in Winners Chapel tithes and gives offerings like Bro Oyedepo,, he would always say before you critize me check my heart beat for God
Oyedepo is a criminal tho

3 Likes

Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by Pierocash(m): 4:49pm On Aug 09, 2017
So they can understand it better.KJV maybe too hard for them to understand that is why i advise them to use New Living Translation,the english is Simple
hysteriabox:

Why insisting on NLT? Cos it promotes your thought ko. Others wont say what you want. See dodging.... "teacher teacher sir, please flog me but use that smaller cane."
grin grin grin
Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by Anion(m): 4:50pm On Aug 09, 2017
Tithing is something that has to do with Judaism and Jews.
Tithes are for the levites. All this christian men of god are so desperately clinging onto tithe because of the money and benefits thereof, yet they ignore the ways of the Jews.
When asked why they don't observe sabbath and other Jewish festivals they will tell u that its old testament.
But they forgot that tithing is of old testament too.
They can only deceive the gullible once, its obvious that they all are out to make money, become so rich all to themselves.

When I look at The way Christianity is being practiced in our country and Africa at large I weep.
This very men of god have quickly forgotten the manner and kind of Christianity the early missionaries brought to Africa. The early missionaries cared for us, clothed the naked, dressed our wounds, cared for the poor, built schools and hospitals for us, taught us Christianity without demanding for any tithe or any seed sowing.
Now these our men have rebranded Christianity and churches into mega money making ventures with targeted revenues appended on all branches.

Imagine the number of churches we have in Nigeria.
Imagine how far and how better off the masses and society at large would have become if our very so called church workers and men of god(tithe collectors) had emulated and continued the giving and humanly attitudes of the early Christian missionaries.

What a shame what we are doing to ourselves.
Mind you that those Christians (church workers) strongly supporting this tithe issues are heavy beneficiaries blinded by their greed to rip their people off.
I know some persons would attack this post. Don't think am saying these because am a Muslim or atheist no, am a JEW.
Its high time we use what we have to better our society.
Its high time we do the right thing.
Its high time we tell our people the truth.
Its high time we tow the right path.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by Gnwuashi: 4:50pm On Aug 09, 2017
My people perish because of lack of knowledge. The pastor said 'If you want to be packaging your tithes and offering directly to the poor, we don’t want to know, just do it.” and some people are still complaining. He is not stop anyone from giving his/her tithe. What is the tithe and offering we take to church used for, is it not to take care of the pastors, orphans, widows and propagation? This pastor is rich and he is asking you to give your tithes and offerings directly to what it is supposed to be used for and we are complaining.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by SirGoldEjike(m): 4:52pm On Aug 09, 2017
Requiem18:
Oyedepo is a criminal tho
Yes he is been stealing Souls from the kingdom of Darkness through the preaching of the word of faith for over 30 years now
Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by Gnwuashi: 4:52pm On Aug 09, 2017
Do you think God needs your tithes and offerings? He is asking us to bring them for the progress of the church and to take of those in need.
Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by Requiem18(m): 4:56pm On Aug 09, 2017
SirGoldEjike:
Yes he is been stealing Souls from the kingdom of Darkness through the preaching of the word of faith for over 30 years now
Lol....he is an expert in brainwashing isn't he?.,the dude sucks his congregation dry and the steeple still lick his balls grin. Oh and sarcasm can send you to "the kingdom of darkness" wink

1 Like

Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by 0b100100111: 5:00pm On Aug 09, 2017
See how a Middle-East tradition became a topic of debate between Africans grin grin grin

The future is really bleak
Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by peeps4u: 5:13pm On Aug 09, 2017
Pierocash:
The rain that falls on the tither is the same rain that falls on non tither, that is the same battle faces each an everyone ,bt the difference is ,the battle that Kills one is the same battle that enthrones another.
On the issue of tithers dying at young age is a story for another day.But let me let u knw that there is a way to pay tithe,80% of those claiming to pay tithe dont pay it correctly that is why it looks as if it works for one and doesn't work for another making God look like a liar. Go and educate urself spiritually so will understand what we are talking here.not everyone that goes to school graduate,not all that graduate are gainfully employed,same with scriptural laws
You haven't said anything to justify your claims how tithers enjoy special blessings or grace than non-tithers. Same blessings and tragedies happen to both. Tell me the tragedies that happen to non-tithers that don't happen to tithers or blessings that tithers get that non-tithers don't get.

2 Likes

Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by Pierocash(m): 5:17pm On Aug 09, 2017
Read my first sentence well,the answer to ur question is there
peeps4u:

You haven't said anything to justify your claims how tithers enjoy special blessings or grace than non-tithers. Same blessings and tragedies happen to both. Tell me the tragedies that happen to non-tithers that don't happen to tithers or blessings that tithers get that non-tithers don't get.
Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by peeps4u: 5:23pm On Aug 09, 2017
HeavenIsSoReall:

Hope you know what you ate quoting?.

HB 7:2 Abraham paid tithe.

Jesus Himself accepted offering from a poor widow.

Mark 12:42 42 And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.

43 And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:

Offering is a voluntary thing, and as such no one should force anyone to pay a certain percentage which we have for tithe. Tell me where Jesus collected tithe in the bible. I am not against giving offering so far no one is placing you on any percentage or forcing you.

You said Abraham paid tithe in new testament, is Abraham in old or new testament. Abraham paid tithe in old testament, Hebrews records the past practices of titthing which Abraham did and how Jesus has come to be the high priest and put an end to it in new testament since there is a new prophet (Jesus). Read Hebrews 8;6-7,13

1 Like

Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by peeps4u: 5:33pm On Aug 09, 2017
Pierocash:
Read my first sentence well,the answer to ur question is there

Paying tithe doesn't give anyone special advantage over others. The rain that kills tithers is the same rain that rescues non-tithers, so what is the fuss about tithing attracting special blessings. Accidents that kill tithers are the same where non-tithers are saved and vice versa
TIthing is not a must, God blesses irrespective of tithe. I am only an advocate of giving and not tithing, no pastor can condemn me or make it a must for me to pay tithe when I know the truth in the bible.

STAY BLESSED

1 Like

Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by MrCEO69(m): 5:37pm On Aug 09, 2017
Pierocash:
Yes! I am a worker in the House of God and will work for God till i die.On whether i am benefitting from tithe, the answer is emphatic yes, i pay my tithe consistently and have been benefitting frm the blessings of tithing and will continue to benefit the blessing.If u are nt a tither,i advice to tap into such Kingdom principle for financial fortune to be ur portion.No non tither can be blessed.argue it Frm Here till 2mrw,u cannot do anything against the truth bt for the truth

Dangote is bless! Him pay tithe.. bro dnt attach blessing to tithe... all i know is givers never lack

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by gentleedu(m): 5:39pm On Aug 09, 2017
Pierocash:
Yes! I am a worker in the House of God and will work for God till i die.On whether i am benefitting from tithe, the answer is emphatic yes, i pay my tithe consistently and have been benefitting frm the blessings of tithing and will continue to benefit the blessing.If u are nt a tither,i advice to tap into such Kingdom principle for financial fortune to be ur portion.No non tither can be blessed.argue it Frm Here till 2mrw,u cannot do anything against the truth bt for the truth
i rather go to motherless babies home and give my tithe,than give it to 80% of money motivated pastors...

2 Likes

Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by HeavenIsSoReall: 5:39pm On Aug 09, 2017
peeps4u:

Offering is a voluntary thing, and as such no one should force anyone to pay a certain percentage which we have for tithe. Tell me where Jesus collected tithe in the bible. I am not against giving offering so far no one is placing you on any percentage or forcing you.

You said Abraham paid tithe in new testament, is Abraham in old or new testament. Abraham paid tithe in old testament, Hebrews records the past practices of titthing which Abraham did and how Jesus has come to be the high priest and put an end to it in new testament since there is a new prophet (Jesus). Read Hebrews 8;6-7,13

Jesus didn't put an end to tithing that's why the New Testament made reference to it.

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets:I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by Taiwoolumide(m): 5:42pm On Aug 09, 2017
[quote author=Statsocial post=59282153]
Abraham tithed before the old testament

*Not all parts of the section Old testament represents the Old covenant of Moses. Prior to the law given by God Abraham and Isaac had paid tithe.

Now to address the post. There I a difference between Alms and Tithe. The Alm is what u gi ve to the poor and tithe what you give to church. Never mix it together. You may not understand the full extent to denying the church funds until it happens. If everyone chooses to give their tithe to the poor the Christian order and power would crash.

I was blessed today by TD jakes message and that only happened because some christian somewhere choose to support his ministry with funds which in turn gave him d opportunity to minister to me here in Nigeria. Those Christians may not know me but I am blessed by [color=#990000]

The people that paid to td Jakes didn't know you, but I'm sure you paid for the channel or cable which makes it not free. So...it's not really free yet you claimed some people paid

1 Like

Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by Irritant: 5:43pm On Aug 09, 2017
The problem is that churches today Dont collect the actual tithe which is 10% of 10%.. I.e if your salary is 100k, take out 10% which is 10k .. Then take out 10% of 10k which is 1k n give to your pastor or levite.... Then give the remaining 9k to the poor, less privilege ,widows ,orphans etc.. That is the bitter truth our pastors will never tell us because they wouldn't be as rich as they are ... And this is why religion has become the biggest scam in the world today.

2 Likes

Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by hysteriabox(m): 5:50pm On Aug 09, 2017
HeavenIsSoReall:

Jesus didn't put an end to tithing that's why the New Testament made reference to it.

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets:I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Then I suggest we obey the OT to tge latter. Lets keep sabbath, keep slaves, become jews...
Dont pick n choose please

1 Like

Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by MansaHenry(m): 5:51pm On Aug 09, 2017
Pierocash:
End time church.This is a satanic church
just take a look at you!!
Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by hysteriabox(m): 5:52pm On Aug 09, 2017
Chascop:

God is the beginning before the beginning began to begin.

He is the same yesterday, today and forever.

Heaven and earth may pass away but his words stands

I believe you. Then why dont you practice sabbath? Afterall, God enacted it in Genesis. undecided

1 Like

Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by adetayo234: 5:55pm On Aug 09, 2017
sarrki:

My people perished coz of lack of knowledge

Malachi 3:10 is old testament

Both old and new testaments are relevant in Christianity.

Aren't you a Muslim? Your Quran is based on old testament.
Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by peeps4u: 5:57pm On Aug 09, 2017
HeavenIsSoReall:

Read Gal 3:11-14. It expressly states we are no longer under law as no one can even be saved by merely obeying law but by faith.

Like I said before, Tithe was a levitical law which have been made obsolete by Jesus as we are no longer under law. Today, we have access to Abrahamic blessings, not by law (tithe), but by faith.

STAY BLESSED

1 Like

Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by guttentag(m): 5:58pm On Aug 09, 2017
Pierocash:

we do pay Tithle and offering but it's all your mindset bro
Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by nwakaibeya1: 6:00pm On Aug 09, 2017
Era of long stories about Jesus Christ and born again claims without power are long over .knowing JesusChrist is all about peace and  power and light and you need that light and unbelievable power for your evil villagers and all evil people to hear and fear you and tremble and for you to reign in Peace and power ,its your right to be JesusChrist Power Carrier, no matter your level in Jesus Christ. Thats the authority we declare .MATHEW 13,13-15

Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by kebliss(m): 6:01pm On Aug 09, 2017
You shud tithe, yes, but do not forget d more important things Luke 11:42 b NLT
Dat means der at tinx more important dan tithing
But here we ar today making it luk like our socex can only be a function of tithing
Nid I remind u of Deut 14:28-29 , hw many church preach dis method of tithing..
Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by Ssalk: 6:01pm On Aug 09, 2017
Where will I even start from? I am still in shock cos the founder is not just someone I know but a personal friend. How could Edward do such a thing? Church without offering and tithe?Too good to be True. I will call him cos something is not right here.
Re: Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed by peeps4u: 6:04pm On Aug 09, 2017
MY PEOPLE, PASTORS/FOUNDERS ARE MOSTLY RICHER THAN THEIR CHURCH MEMBERS, NOT BECAUSE GOD BLESSES THEM MORE THAN YOU BUT BECAUSE YOU BLESS THEM WITH YOUR TITHES AND OTHER SPECIAL OFFERINGS.

TITHE WAS LEVITICAL LAW AND MADE OBSOLETE BY JESUS IN HEBREWS 7 & 8.

GIVE TO HUMANITY, NOT NECCESSARY YOUR TITHES TO YOUR PASTORS. YOU CAN GIVE YOUR TITHES IF YOU WANT, BUT DON'T LET ANYONE OR PASTORS MAKE IT A MUST. JESUS NEVER TOOK TITHES, GIVE FROM YOUR HEARTS AND NOT NECESSARY TITHES.

STAY BLESSED.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bolu Adubi: Pastor Adeboye’s Daughter, Her Husband & 4 Children (Photos) / Two Nigerian Pastors Use Same Woman For Same Miracle / "Muslims Attacked My Church During Crossover Night And Raped Girls"- Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.