Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. (46400 Views)

40-Foot Container Laden With Tramadol & Codeine Intercepted By Police In Lagos / Cooperate Thief Who Stole Jewelry Worth N1.6m At Transcorp Hilton, Abuja Caught / Smuggled Snakes, Spiders Intercepted By Customs In Calabar (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by maklelemakukula(m): 10:25am On Aug 09, 2017
return peoples properties back to them. its their sweat. BASTARDS
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 09, 2017
OMG!! this is a windfall for customs.. enough rice for wifey and her supermarket and at least 1 SUV in their country home
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by SalamRushdie: 10:32am On Aug 09, 2017
Isaacpyo04:

Please what do you mean not sustainable?, so smuggling is the best bet. I don't think any reasonable business person or investor will risk losing all because of import duty.
Probably the money used for the purchase was not illegitimate. my opinion though

The tariff on that LX570 will be almost 80 percent of the price of the car that's like almost buying another , how many dealers have such money to tie down on a car ..these high tariffs were supposed to encourage assembly plants in Nigeria but till date no single company has signified any interest to set up any plant under Buhari and those who set up thier under Jonathan have stopped all production plans for now ..First the govt must fix electricity before all these shallow tariffs are put in place ..

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 09, 2017
so what will happen to those cars now? the customs men will now share it amongst their ranks. smh
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by Isaacpyo04(m): 10:46am On Aug 09, 2017
SalamRushdie:

The tariff on that LX570 will be almost 80 percent of the price of the car that's like almost buying another , how many dealers have such money to tie down on a car ..these high tariffs were supposed to encourage assembly plants in Nigeria but till date no single company has signified any interest to set up any plant under Buhari and those who set up thier under Jonathan have stopped all production plans for now ..First the govt must fix electricity before all these shallow tariffs are put in place ..
almost 80 percent, that's much. I never knew tariffs are that high. But that doesn't justify smuggling, and those guys don enter gbese now.
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by SalamRushdie: 10:49am On Aug 09, 2017
Isaacpyo04:

almost 80 percent, that's much. I never knew tariffs are that high. But that doesn't justify smuggling, and those guys don enter gbese now.

I am telling you Custom senior bosses will just share those sweet Lexus amongst themselves for free
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by buchilino(m): 11:00am On Aug 09, 2017
LexngtonSteele:

Then why don't you like him? His strong face or the fact he doesn't want to wear a uniform?

That doesn't affect his performance as he has proven...does it? Just curious.

I HAD A LITTLE OPPORTUNITY 2 MEET HIM IN KADUNA. IT WAS BY ACCIDENT, HE SEEMS LIKE A VERY RUDE PERSON.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by abitafah(m): 11:07am On Aug 09, 2017
goodmorning40:
Useless country
It is only how to enslave and impoverish her citizens that they are good at
Look at somebody's hard earned money,
Look at the imported goods that would add meaning to people's lives

Open the borders Nigerians are hungry
you need a brain restructuring. Hard earned money when they tried to cheat the govt and deprive the country of its revenue. You will see them driving a bentley around,not knowing that they are bleeding the country to death

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by EniObanKeAde: 11:07am On Aug 09, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
who brings in a 40m SUV thru the bush? grin
na ur people bring han dey no won VAT.
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by bashydemy(m): 11:11am On Aug 09, 2017
goodmorning40:
Useless country

Sorry why did the person refuse to pay custom duty? You want the Country to move forward by shortchanging the Govt?

Use your brain..
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by bashydemy(m): 11:12am On Aug 09, 2017
God bless the custom Boss..
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by EniObanKeAde: 11:13am On Aug 09, 2017
maklelemakukula:
return peoples properties back to them. its their sweat. BASTARDS
ABEG NA WICH SWEAT BE DAT SEF... OYA MAKE DEN SEF GO PAY IMPORT DUTY FOR GOVT POCKET
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by skitkid2(m): 11:32am On Aug 09, 2017
ivolt:

Cars are not food, don't buy if you can't afford one.
The government will not waive duties just so you can
enjoy luxury goods.
Cars Are luxury?
Only in Nigeria.
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by joinnow: 11:38am On Aug 09, 2017
Its either the agent or the owner fault
Trying to cut corners.
But also Nigeria should reduce the tariff on duty charge cos other neighborhering countries Custom duty is like 20 % of our own
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by Ohmypepperminta: 12:13pm On Aug 09, 2017
See why you should be very careful of who you tell I love you >>> http://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1621231291282422&id=1585185804886971&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1621231291282422%3Atl_objid.1621231291282422%3Apage_id.1585185804886971%3Athid.1585185804886971%3A306061129499414%3A54%3A0%3A1504249199%3A-8756523812029095617&__tn__=%2AW-R
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by slimfit1(m): 12:15pm On Aug 09, 2017
olowobaba10:
SHUT UP YOUR FVCKING SMELLING MOUTH IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY, DO YOU BREATHE THROUGH YOUR ANUS?

Are you gay how do you know my mouth smell you gay cont. Go and kiss a woman idiot.
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by wellmax(m): 12:18pm On Aug 09, 2017
goodmorning40:
[s]Useless country

Open the borders Nigerians are hungry[/s]

Number one Senseless post of the month.
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by slimfit1(m): 12:26pm On Aug 09, 2017
Well done customs we are proud of you guys keep it up more of this type of news. It is a good news. Amid Ali for president self.
Nigerians like leaders that don't like to do the right thing, but we need a leader that is disciplined otherwise Mogadishu will look like London to us in 2025.
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by DJInfluence: 12:31pm On Aug 09, 2017
what i don´t understand is why anybody in his right mind, will risk the value of such car by smuggling it just because they want to cheat the govt of import duties. This is what my great grand pa call penny wise Pound foolish. Now these cars are forfeited to the govt.
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by ejorgeneral: 1:01pm On Aug 09, 2017
Others were 17 units of Toyota Hilux ranging from 2010 to 2019 models.

Dem seize the Hilux in advance

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by ArinzeAnthony03: 1:17pm On Aug 09, 2017
waleadex:
This is a country where a phone owner will buy casing for #2,000 and find it difficult to buy a charger for #400. That seizure serves them right....

Charger now na 2500
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by JOMAX: 1:25pm On Aug 09, 2017
zurich1010:

exactly just giving news to show working. in the end........ none of us gets to hear more than this

USELESS COUNTRY...DECEIVING MORONS. THE SMUGGLERS WILL MEET WITH A POWERFUL NIGERIA, PROMISE TO GIVE HIM ONE SUV IF HE HELPS TO GET CUSTOM TO RELEASE HIS SUVS. THE CASE WILL BE OVER!
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by bizhop01: 1:49pm On Aug 09, 2017
I want make much profit
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by tytope(f): 1:55pm On Aug 09, 2017
greatwhite:
So what would happen to the SUV after all the charades?

they will share it nah and the owner will suffer the loss
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by jaxxy(m): 2:26pm On Aug 09, 2017
All this to me is formalities the owners will still get them back most likely from a custom resale. They are crazy bt not dat crazy.
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by Adeevah(m): 4:05pm On Aug 09, 2017
itsIYKE:
G

G-wagon
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by MIKOLOWISKA: 5:07pm On Aug 09, 2017
goodmorning40:
Useless country

open borders is the real impoverishment
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by sshalom(m): 5:44pm On Aug 09, 2017
You can bet that the Senate will summon the CG again.....It is Nigeria's elites that does these kind of things!
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by marv1: 7:34pm On Aug 09, 2017
GMBuhari:
Na Prado and Lexus dey rust for ground so ?

Dem no go sell these ones for their padi padi auction

Food no dey but tons of bags of rice dey one place dey waste

I trust My russian friends, people for don visit that port carry three trailer loads

grin grin grin grin grin

Rust kee. That is how smuggled vehicles look like when they arrive at the final destination. All those SUVs are latest SUVs taking through dangerous rough terrain and illegal routes of mud and potopoto water.
I can bet it these vehicles belong to the elites not ordinary people.
Useless people who can buy expensive vehicles for several millions but will evade custom duty a fraction of what they used in buying the car.
Re: Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. by GMBuhari: 8:28pm On Aug 09, 2017
grin funny innit?
marv1:

Rust kee. That is how smuggled vehicles look like when they arrive at the final destination. All those SUVs are latest SUVs taking through dangerous rough terrain and illegal routes of mud and potopoto water.
I can bet it these vehicles belong to the elites not ordinary people.
Useless people who can buy expensive vehicles for several millions but will evade custom duty a fraction of what they used in buying the car.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Polyana Viana Beats Thief Who Wanted To Rob Her / Canadian Lady Says Men Should Shut Up And Accept False Rape Allegations (pics) / Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.