Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,182 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? (41486 Views)

India Man Installs Lifelike Wax Statue Of Late Wife During House Warming (Pics) / Can You Punish A Cheating Wife Like This?? / My Husband Snatched My Company, Sold My Property To Marry Our Salesgirl (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by toastedbread: 8:26am On Aug 10, 2017
blackbeau1:
Erm ,did they get married in court ? If no, the property law doesn't apply. Anyway, long and short, he should get his own lawyer . His lawyer would know what to do. He should look for the most sneaky, talented and smart lawyer he can find.

Like this lawyer?

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by plessis: 8:29am On Aug 10, 2017
Kakamorufu:
she no even fear God. after all she's done, she still want to collect half of the man property. women
very nonsense set of people....

I tell people that women were created to make men suffer
Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by madone: 8:32am On Aug 10, 2017
Greenbullet:
9ja
if na Nigeria forget nothing dey happen he ain't loosing any half to her.just go to any pastor or Alfa do some spiritual things..or sell everything you have then save the money. Or better find a good lawyer and fight that woman out of ur life.
Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by MissRaine69(f): 8:35am On Aug 10, 2017
Hire a lawyer as well how is this not obvious? Naming the said mentioned men in the divorce papers.
Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by MissRaine69(f): 8:36am On Aug 10, 2017
toastedbread:

Like this lawyer?
No one can be like that lawyer no one
Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by OJBond: 8:54am On Aug 10, 2017
Greenbullet:
Hello nairalanders, and no I am not married , but my friend is, he has a one year old child or so he thought , his kind of work requires him to travel regularly, and so he hardly stays at home, on a faithful day , he came home early to meet his wife having sex with another man, he filed for a divorce, and was already thinking of child support but I advised him to do a DNA test and he discovered the child wasn't his ,the wife has hired a lawyer to get half of his property, please what can be done to stop this.

Tell ur friend to hire a very good female lawyer
Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by yim(f): 9:03am On Aug 10, 2017
Hire a good lawyer, sue the man she committed adultery with cos in Nigeria to claim adultery there must be a co-respondent except he is dead.
Adultery is 5years I think under the Matrimonial Causes Act cheesy
The best is to get a lawyer.
Maintenance is mostly for the child and since it is not his child, Nigeria is kind of cool, he won't be made to pay maintenance for a child not his.
The only problem is if your friend is also guilty of adultery.
Let him sue first o, that gives your friend an edge
Plus if their marriage is less than 2years, the court has to grant them.leave to even commence proceedings.
Just contact a lawyer. Many people don't know much about dissolution in Nigeria except what they see in movies.
Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 10, 2017
demefa:
Sharrap y consider a situation of an olosho wyf!!! All cheating married women should be thrown to the bush with no pin

So u can't consider olosho wife, but olosho man must b forgiven ba? Bunch of selfish men everywhere

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by delishpot: 9:40am On Aug 10, 2017
zed7:

My mum doesn't know ho'es. I'm thinking all accolades should rightly go to your mum. A pig doesn't birth a dog you know.

I know my trainer and it was your mother. You can not tell me who trained me more than I. Shebi Í am the Olosho? I should know my mentor and guide na. Your mother is my mentor. I guess I learnt well from the very best. Yes, your dog mother gave birth to this dog. while at it, please go for DNA I know what I am talking about.
Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 10, 2017
Bizibi:
what is bad is bad either the male or female......I'm sure you support the woman's extent of hiring a lawyer to collect half of his property.

Whatever! In as much as men do it and go free, I see no reason y women can't

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by delishpot: 9:43am On Aug 10, 2017
toastedbread:

I condemn all forms of cheating.

Didn't she know that her husband is a globetrotter before she said yes to him?
It's just like comfortably dating a DJ who will not be at home from 8pm-6am on the weekends. After marriage, you start cheating and blame it on his absence. Didn't you know his job takes him away every weekend?

Since the Dna test revealed the child isn't his, it shows that the man made the mistake of making a hoe a housewife.
(listen to Natedogg, warrenG, snoop and you'll understand).

I agree with you. Mind you I did not say what she did was right I only said in some cases he may be made to part with money. Where did I say she did right? I only said women fall for temptation and re prone to making same silly things men do. Was I wrong?
Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by delishpot: 9:44am On Aug 10, 2017
demefa:
Ur a big fool, go to hell

Like your dad.
Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by delishpot: 9:45am On Aug 10, 2017
chukagates:
lol nairaland where rats be forming king kong james bond..lmoa pple like u sef cant stand seeing a chicken killed bur nairaland thimz na u go form asassin ;Dlol nairaland where rats be forming king kong james bond..lmoa pple like u sef cant stand seeing a chicken killed bur nairaland thimz na u go form asassin

Like your family of rats too. We same. Hello brother rat.... If he brags about killing the woman he is not a rat but if I say he and his whole family will be killed in return I become the rat? Will it be okay if he is caught cheating one day and his wife kills him too? Yes, today we know but tomorrow we do not know, he may be the one caught should she kill him too?
Well, I learnt to be a rat from your family. You should be proud of them.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 10, 2017
marv1:
What is s woman doing with a man when her toto can not travel with the husband.

The same way men pr!cks couldn't stay at home with their wives when they travel

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by demefa(m): 10:03am On Aug 10, 2017
delishpot:

Like your dad.
Ur father, ur Olosho mum, all the elders in ur family and ur lineage are poor fools who knows nothing but prostituting and stealing. Ur from a family of oloshos(prostitutes) and thieves(awon ole buruku).

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by kozmicity: 10:05am On Aug 10, 2017
delishpot:

If the child had known him as father, if he has given the child his name, if he has signed to be the child's father, he may be forced to pay child support. Law takes the child into consideration in some cases.

Sexual frustration or cheating can happen to males and females. Just like men also cheat esp if the wife's job takes her outside 5he home for extended periods of time and people would say sex is important in marriage, so does a wife also need her husband to have sex with her too. So yes, the temptation may come. You don't blame a cheating man when his wife is a workaholic and is always not around why then do you think the woman should be abandoned in a cold bed and the man feigning he doesn't know she misses sex too?

Carry yourself and vamoose from this thread...how will he be expected to know that she and her type like sex??

When Una go pretend finish,get married,caught cheating,look for crazy excuses to justify yourself like:We've grown distant,He is a cheating husband,He is never there for me.

BTW,why do girls like pretending??

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by demefa(m): 10:09am On Aug 10, 2017
delishpot:

I agree with you. Mind you I did not say what she did was right I only said in some cases he may be made to part with money. Where did I say she did right? I only said women fall for temptation and re prone to making same silly things men do. Was I wrong?
Yes ur wrong!! Do u think every woman is like ur mum who sleeps with anything she sees!!!Carry ursef comot for diz thread cheap ape

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by kollyp2000(m): 10:10am On Aug 10, 2017
overdrive:
which country does he reside

Good question!
Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by demefa(m): 10:15am On Aug 10, 2017
sunkky83:

So u can't consider olosho wife, but olosho man must b forgiven ba? Bunch of selfish men everywhere
An African man is entitled to many wives as he wishes, as far has he can take good care of them. All Olosho wives should be burnt to death like baddoo gang

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 10, 2017
demefa:
An African man is entitled to many wives as he wishes, as far has he can take good care of them. All Olosho wives should be burnt to death like baddoo gang

Sho! And who says an African woman is not entitled to many husbands? What is good for the goose is also good for the gander

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by demefa(m): 10:31am On Aug 10, 2017
sunkky83:

Sho! And who says an African woman is not entitled to many husbands? What is good for the goose is also good for the gander
Try dat and ur an olosho. Men rule diz world note that

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 10, 2017
demefa:
Try dat and ur an olosho. Men rule diz world note that

Call her any name. Olosho no b person? Forget all these and live in reality. Yes! Men rule f world and women rule f men, how abt that?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by Kakamorufu(m): 11:00am On Aug 10, 2017
plessis:
very nonsense set of people....

I tell people that women were created to make men suffer
I tell you. one has to be extra careful with them
Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 10, 2017
demefa:
Are you mad!! How can I support a child that is not mine forcefully!!!

LOL. Don't come to the US. I know it seems impossible but that is the way the law works here. If you are married and the child is born during the marriage, you are the father of the child as long as your wife never identifies the child as another man's in any legal way. The courts view it as the best interest of the child. Your only escape would be to leave the country before they canceled your passport for nonpayment of child support.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 10, 2017
Even though Google is often different from what is happening on the ground, this article sheds some light on what is happening here in the US. I would say it's very lenient, because most men end up paying the child support.

Do I have to pay child support if the child is not mine?

A surprising number of men end up paying child support for a child that is not their own. The basic rationale for this result is that the laws that revolve around child support are more focused on ensuring that the child grows up with the support of an identified father or that the state is relieved of providing financial support for a child.

Children Born During a Marriage

The husband is presumed to be the father of a child born during or after his marriage to the mother. In some states, there is an irrefutable presumption of paternity. This means that if a child is born during the marriage, you will be deemed the father, even if a DNA later says otherwise. Other states do allow you to rebut, or challenge, paternity if you comply within strict time limits to challenge paternity. If you consent to your divorce being finalized without contesting paternity, you will forever be deemed the father. This presumption cannot be rebutted, even if you didn't have reason to believe the child was not yours. Once a judgment or order decrees that you are the father of a child, challenging the judgment with an appeal or motion, even on grounds like fraud , is very time sensitive and difficult.

Children Born Before Marriage

Some states impose a presumption of paternity on putative fathers. This applies when a child is born before marriage. After birth, you agree either to have your name on the birth certificate, to support the child, or you welcome the child into your home and openly tell people the child is your own. Essentially, if you tell everyone you are the father, then the courts will agree. Some states do allow you to contest, or challenge, this presumption as well. However, the time window in which you must challenge the presumption is usually very strict

Child by Consent

Laws favor someone being named the father because they do not want a child going through life fatherless. The equitable doctrine of estoppel applies to persons who have for all practical purposes consented to being dad, regardless of paternity. The basic theory is that since you acted like a parent and permitted the child to believe you were their father, the child now has a right to rely on your representation that you are their father. The reasoning is that the child should not be penalized by your later withdrawal of consent to be their dad. Once a court makes that determination, you are on the hook for future support obligations.

Every state approaches parental presumptions slightly different. The bottom line, however, is that the longer you wait to challenge paternity, the harder it will be to overturn the finding of paternity. Courts consistently hold presumed fathers to strict timelines. If you have been ordered to pay child support for a child that you know or suspect is not your own, seek legal advice from a qualified family law attorney in your state as soon as possible to learn about the options and timelines applicable to your situation.

https://family-law.freeadvice.com/family-law/child_support/Child-Support-for-a-Child-That-Is-Not-Mine.htm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by Opeyemi4real(m): 11:26am On Aug 10, 2017
Will I get married nah! I'm so scared right now!
Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by delishpot: 11:35am On Aug 10, 2017
demefa:
Yes ur wrong!! Do u think every woman is like ur mum who sleeps with anything she sees!!!Carry ursef comot for diz thread cheap ape

She learnt from your mom who had you at the steps of a brot.hel. Your mother's mom runs one and recruited my mom to work for them. The proceeds was used to open a small shop for your dad. The females in your lineage were dedicated to serve the Goddess of whor.edom and I know the females from you will fall in line. My mom was just a victim of the women in your family seducing her to join them. It's a shame really. she fell for their sweet mouth and here we have the result, the child of a who.re calling my mother names. Such is life.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by delishpot: 11:46am On Aug 10, 2017
kozmicity:

Carry yourself and vamoose from this thread...how will he be expected to know that she and her type like sex??

When Una go pretend finish,get married,caught cheating,look for crazy excuses to justify yourself like:We've grown distant,He is a cheating husband,He is never there for me.

BTW,why do girls like pretending??

Come carry me commot na. Is the pill too bitter? If men can do same and make excuses why can't women? Are they not flesh and blood too? How can't he know that she likes sex? Hahahaha are women not expected to know that men like sex?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by delishpot: 11:49am On Aug 10, 2017
demefa:
Ur father, ur Olosho mum, all the elders in ur family and ur lineage are poor fools who knows nothing but prostituting and stealing. Ur from a family of oloshos(prostitutes) and thieves(awon ole buruku).

Like your dad and his ancestral lineage. We all learnt from them. You should be proud of your family heritage. Training future Olosho and thieves to be best at what they do. My family learnt very well from yours. Tell your grand ma she can resign from brothel runs now. I am old enough to help her manage it since she complained that all her children are too wayward to even keep head down to run her small Olosho joint successfully. Greet your mom for me. Tell her I will not be able to cover her shift as promised. She has two clients booked for this evening they expect 50shades of gray service she so perfectly gives. They will pay well.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by kozmicity: 11:50am On Aug 10, 2017
delishpot:

Come carry me commot na. Is the pill too bitter? If men can do same and make excuses why can't women? Are they not flesh and blood too? How can't he know that she likes sex? Hahahaha are women not expected to know that men like sex?

I've never heard of a man that pretended to hate sex...but as for ladies...

You can testify to that end!
Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by delishpot: 11:54am On Aug 10, 2017
kozmicity:

I've never heard of a man that pretended to hate sex...but as for ladies...

You can testify to that end!

They pretend because that is what society expects of them. If you read a post of wife seeking divorce because her husband is not satisfying her sexually and she doesn't want to cheat under his roof. Many people would insult her and call her names. They will mock her for desiring g to be sexually active with her husband. But if a man makes the same complain people would support him. So you see, our society doesn't like women talking sexuality from enjoyment angle.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Keep My Property From A Cheating Wife During Divorce? by blackbeau1(f): 12:05pm On Aug 10, 2017
toastedbread:

Like this lawyer?
lol. U sabi

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I'm Having A Baby! Any Yoruba Name Suggestions? / What Would You Do If Your Mother Did This To You(pics) / MY Experience With Very Stingy Parents.... Share Yours...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.