Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,441 members, 7,823,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project (10740 Views)

Car Audio Installation Experts / See The New TESLA Roadster Y Concept Study / Knowing The Perfect Car Body Type You Need Before You Purchase A New Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by Nobody: 12:56am On Aug 28, 2017
Did you consider the AVH-X490BS

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD+Receivers/AVH-X490BS

It's supposed to be new release and about $50 cheaper.
Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by diportivo: 11:26am On Aug 28, 2017
chaii

see creative thread

make sense die

good job op

5 Likes

Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by bizzle2: 12:32am On Aug 29, 2017
EgunMogaji:
Did you consider the AVH-X490BS

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD+Receivers/AVH-X490BS

It's supposed to be new release and about $50 cheaper.
This must be relatively new, i don't recall researching this.
I wonder why it's priced less. Even on the manufacturer's site
Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by bizzle2: 12:32am On Aug 29, 2017
diportivo:
chaii

see creative thread

make sense die

good job op
Thanks chief
Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by bizzle2: 12:40am On Aug 29, 2017
Apologies for the break in transmission..

Moving on to The fourth & Final Stage..

STAGE 4: SOUND DEADENING
Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by mogreen22: 5:35pm On Aug 29, 2017
Please how long did it take for your infinity kappas to get delivered. Want to order one as well, just need a duration it will most likely take

1 Like

Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by bizzle2: 9:09pm On Aug 29, 2017
mogreen22:
Please how long did it take for your infinity kappas to get delivered. Want to order one as well, just need a duration it will most likely take
That would depend on your shipping method.
I use a US forwarding company. Items that get to them by thursday of any week are usually available for pickup in lagos by the next Friday.
Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by Nobody: 3:33am On Aug 30, 2017
I received the install kit. Waiting for the cables.

No need for Dynamat on this vehicle.

Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by Tobiizzy(m): 10:06am On Aug 30, 2017
Very interesting thread, I'm more interested in the sound deadening phase, I've got a second generation crv all stripped out waiting for your results
Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by bizzle2: 10:26am On Aug 30, 2017
EgunMogaji:
I received the install kit. Waiting for the cables.

No need for Dynamat on this vehicle.
Oh nice
I assume this is from Metra Kits ?

What cables are u refering to ?

1 Like

Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by bizzle2: 10:27am On Aug 30, 2017
Tobiizzy:
Very interesting thread, I'm more interested in the sound deadening phase, I've got a second generation crv all stripped out waiting for your results
Results are good.
Completed the deadening 2 months ago,
Will post pictures and link asap.
Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 30, 2017
bizzle2:

Oh nice
I assume this is from Metra Kits ?

What cables are u refering to ?

Yes Metra.

The wiring adapter (I never cut factory cables in my installs) and the subwoofer install cables.

Thanks for getting me encouraged to finally do this.

1 Like

Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by bizzle2: 12:19pm On Aug 30, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Yes Metra.

The wiring adapter (I never cut factory cables in my installs) and the subwoofer install cables.

Thanks for getting me encouraged to finally do this.
Ohhh, ok
Cutting Is a No NO for me.
Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by mogreen22: 10:21am On Aug 31, 2017
Please do and finish this thread ooo
Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 31, 2017
grimadult:

Will start uploading my detailing and paint correction jobs. Keep it up.

What number can you be reached on? Also do you have any pictures?
Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by bizzle2: 10:37pm On Sep 07, 2017
So My Sound Deadening journey started with choosing the right Materials... The three top Choices were:
Dynamat,
Stinger Road Kill and
Noico.
All three are butyl based and all three had decent reviews. But my final choice was the Noico (which is made in Russia) ; because it was the best Value ( bang for your buck) option.
The Noico cost about half as much as the Dynamat and has been proven to be just as effective.

Be warned , these mats are heavy as fvck, so be prepared for the shipping cost.
Cost me more to ship than it did to buy the damn mats. But considering I didn't have any other options, I bit the bullet

The benefits of deadening mats are quite numerous by the way. Read online articles and watch YouTube videos for more information.

So purchased 1 pack (of 9 sheets) and it was sufficient for Deadening all four doors as well as the door panels. . My doors went from sounding like tin cans, to having the dull thud of a solid surface when you knock on them from the outside.

Purchase is linked below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00URUIKAK/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504819071&sr=8-1-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=noico&psc=1

An efficient installation will require a utility knife, a pair of gloves , a marker, a roller and some alcohol ( for surface cleaning/preparation)

1 Like

Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by bizzle2: 10:49pm On Sep 07, 2017
Now on to the installation Proper..
As easy as this might look, .... This installation can be very time consuming, especially if you try to be very detailed. Took me two days of about 4-5 hrs each to simultaneously install the speakers and do the sound deadening.

... The hardest and most annoying part of the install for Me was completely getting rid of traces of the adhesive used to hold the moisture barrier in place.
That damn thing can be messy as hell.....

contd

1 Like

Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by ciouxox(m): 1:43pm On Sep 08, 2017
bizzle2:
As easy as this might look, .... This installation can be very time consuming, especially if you try to be very detailed. Took me two days of about 4-5 hrs each to simultaneously install the speakers and do the sound deadening.

... The hardest and most annoying part of the install for Me was completely getting rid of traces of the adhesive used to hold the moisture barrier in place.

contd
following, nice thread you've got here.

1 Like

Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by bizzle2: 8:42pm On Sep 09, 2017
ciouxox:
following, nice thread you've got here.
Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by timifakay(m): 6:46am On Sep 10, 2017
bizzle2:

Thanks smiley
Visuals please.

1 Like

Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by earthrealm(m): 7:13am On Sep 10, 2017
nice thread, wish more nigerians wud take more of such diy, instead of................
this would be a nice time to install a reverse camera!.

i hv pioneers in my cars too. solid hu. bought the mc auto equalizer unit, but because of my brake bypass[to be able to plays videos in motion] was unable to use it..

though am researching on the android headunits, seems they are the future, wifi /internet plus other stuff..almost like a mobile phone
Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by ironheart(m): 7:22am On Sep 10, 2017
bizzle2:
Apologies for the break in transmission..

Moving on to The fourth & Final Stage..

STAGE 4: SOUND DEADENING
chief, nice thread, can you help me with how safe it is to shop on those site , how do you get your items to Nigeria and the issues with customs
Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by ironheart(m): 7:25am On Sep 10, 2017
bizzle2:

contd
it will be nice if you furnish us with pictures. I love what you are doing
Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by AutoElectNG: 8:58am On Sep 10, 2017
I have been following silently

I am a audio enthusiast...not just any audio...but HIFI audio

May I ask if you don't mind...clearly you don't have those crap sounding home theater units at home

What amplifier do you use at home? Do you do separates or single (all-in-one)? Which loudspeakers? And does your wife not mind that you are taking your love for clean and clear and crisp audio into an obsession?

Really curious if you don't mind
Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by bizzle2: 2:34pm On Sep 10, 2017
ironheart:
it will be nice if you furnish us with pictures. I love what you are doing
Thanks
Will do
Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by bizzle2: 2:45pm On Sep 10, 2017
ironheart:
chief, nice thread, can you help me with how safe it is to shop on those site , how do you get your items to Nigeria and the issues with customs
Amazon is probably your safest bet if you don't have an active/ useable Paypal account. You can read product reviews and decide on how good an item is.

I never ship directly to Nigeria.i no get power for customs and thier nuisance., or NIPOST for that matter.
I use a US forwarding company. Allworld international inc. They have an office in Ajao Estate and used to have a presence here, back in the days.
I have my stuff shipped to thier US address and pick it up from thier Lagos office.
There are lots of US shopping/ forwarding / shipping services online, even on Nairaland.
google "mallforafrica" for example.
Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by bizzle2: 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2017
earthrealm:
nice thread, wish more nigerians wud take more of such diy, instead of................
this would be a nice time to install a reverse camera!.

i hv pioneers in my cars too. solid hu. bought the mc auto equalizer unit, but because of my brake bypass[to be able to plays videos in motion] was unable to use it..

though am researching on the android headunits, seems they are the future, wifi /internet plus other stuff..almost like a mobile phone
I had to install a micro bypass too, for the emergency brake .
Forgot to mention that.
Haven't had any problems with video playback in motion
Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by bizzle2: 3:03pm On Sep 10, 2017
AutoElectNG:
I have been following silently

I am a audio enthusiast...not just any audio...but HIFI audio

May I ask if you don't mind...clearly you don't have those crap sounding home theater units at home

What amplifier do you use at home? Do you do separates or single (all-in-one)? Which loudspeakers? And does your wife not mind that you are taking your love for clean and clear and crisp audio into an obsession?

Really curious if you don't mind

No i don't use an amplifier, I run a stand alone unit.
A Sony Blu Ray home theatre system and out of the box, the sound quality is craaazyyy. Very deep bass, Crystal sound . The unit is amplified though
I however had to buy directional wall speaker mounts to be able to mount them at the perfect wall height and direct the audio from all three walls. Will post a picture later.
Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by bizzle2: 3:08pm On Sep 10, 2017
Rear passenger door , with the Door panel off.

You can see the moisture barrier and the stock speakers.
Tons of dust and dirt behind those moisture barriers . My eyes see shege!! grin

Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by bizzle2: 3:22pm On Sep 10, 2017
Surface preparation..
Moisture barriers off,
Dirt and adhesives cleaned with a degreaser, and then wiped down with Alochol

Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by ironheart(m): 3:48pm On Sep 10, 2017
bizzle2:

Amazon is probably your safest bet if you don't have an active/ useable Paypal account. You can read product reviews and decide on how good an item is.

I never ship directly to Nigeria.i no get power for customs and thier nuisance., or NIPOST for that matter.
I use a US forwarding company. Allworld international inc. They have an office in Ajao Estate and used to have a presence here, back in the days.
I have my stuff shipped to thier US address and pick it up from thier Lagos office.
There are lots of US shopping/ forwarding / shipping services online, even on Nairaland.
google "mallforafrica" for example.
thank you brother. I appreciate.

Guys like you and some car talk members are the reason I still log to nairaland. I hope I would be able to post detailed DIY soon.
Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by bizzle2: 4:28pm On Sep 10, 2017
Speakers installed, and Sound deadening applied on the inner and outer door sheets.

I also applied the sound deadening materials on the inside of the door panels, unfortunately those are part of the pictures I lost ( lost about 70% of the pictures from the beginning of the install ) months ago.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Need Help My Chevrolet Optra / Which Would You Buy And Why ? 4runner Or Nissan Pathfinder / Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.