Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average (10755 Views)

A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in / Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Hairyrapunzel: 8:53am On Aug 14, 2017
achorladey:

A society should never become like a pond with stagnant water, without movement. The JWs is an organisation that keeps moving. New interpretation or new interpretation changing to new light it all points to an organisation that will not remain stagnant. Question or no question, answer or no answer.

That means those who died before the new interpretation or before new light was made or rather those who died still believing old interpretation or old light died in error.

Truth never changes.
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Hairyrapunzel: 8:58am On Aug 14, 2017
achorladey:

Go and learn how to reason, ''afterlife'' is one kettle of fish, ''supernatural'' another kettle of fish, ''God'' another kettle of fish. jw.org is available consult it. If you are not tired consulting those websites that feeds on jw.org to feed there logical reasoning, going to jw.org should not be difficult.

Jw.org spreading teaching that will later become old teaching since its onset. All doctrines based on fallacies.

Its you who needs to learn how to reason.
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Hairyrapunzel: 9:03am On Aug 14, 2017
achorladey:

The studies of Rylander (1946), Pescor (1949), von Janner (1963), and Spencer (1975) of the mental health of JW are old, and they have several methodological weaknesses. Therefore, none of these studies can tell anything about the mental health of JW today.
Even the latest research will become old like the the researcher of this latest findings typed in his abstract. I rather make research on the bible more than on a research material you don't know someone else has proven or worked on to be incorrect.

Since it is a worldly person quoting an old source you say all sorts whereas you quote people who did work on blood transfusion in the 16th century people who likened blood transfusion to blood eating because it supports your evil teaching on refusal of blood transfusion.
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Hairyrapunzel: 9:08am On Aug 14, 2017
achorladey:

I forgot to add this: This research will have its own methodological weaknesses as well. What do think?

Just like all the worldly peoples research they use on their website to support their ever changing doctrines
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Hairyrapunzel: 9:18am On Aug 14, 2017
achorladey:

Give me something new to drink other than those analyzing what others had done. I have no hold on the thousands that have liberated themselves. You should do likewise. If the organization give you no joy in serving your God, simply get out. Your family shouldn't be a barrier. An individual warned you about this on this platform. Take heed, the signs of the times are here. When next you post tells us that your out of the organization.

But jw.org analyses what others had done too.
This your post shows you have no empathy, compassion and conscience.
Only robots like you say family does not matter.
Jesus had friends and family they all mattered to him. He never said they were a hindrance to his movement in anyway.
The signs of the times has been here according to you people since 1879
Your ancestors who joined the religion said the same thing you are saying the same thing the cycle goes on and on.
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by xaggar(m): 11:56am On Aug 14, 2017
shadeyinka:

I only discussed scriptures with you because I assumed you were JW. I don't usually discuss scriptures with atheists.

However, I'll be very brief to make an exception.

Question1:
The Kingdom of God (in context) is after resurrection else, there is no need of resurrection of the dead.

Question 2:
Same as question 1.
The righteous are in a special place (called Abraham's bosom). Which means, the place where Abraham is!

1 Peter 3:18–19 says,
“Christ also suffered once for sins, the ri The word spirit refers to Christ’s spirit. The contrast is between His flesh and spirit, and not between Christ’s flesh and the Holy Spirit. Christ’s flesh died, but His spirit remained alive.

The Evil also have their place HeHell ESV calls it a prison. Not the Lake of Fire!)

Ps115:17
Refers to the Carcass or Corpse

Understand scriptures in context

You are a deceiver and liar! My God!
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by xaggar(m): 12:00pm On Aug 14, 2017
Peacefullove:

You don't discuss with atheist, didnt your Bible says its the will of God that all sort of people be saved ?

Modern christianity is a joke

that means nobody go to heaven when they die . we are gradually getting there .

you are trying to prove smart

Smiling, again what is Abraham Bosom ? if I say Shadeyinka bosom , what do I mean?

Confuse fellow, calm down Pastor

it says in 1 Pet 3 vs 18

being put to death in the flesh, but made alive
in the spirit;

what does it mean to be made alive in the bible ? Resurrected!
So he didn't operate a ghost mode, he died and didn't do anything until he was made alive 3 days after

that is a lie, that peter said the spirits in prison are those disobedient in the days of Noah NOT every evil people.

Does it mean all evil people don't go to the same place as taught in Christianity ?

clearly some are isolated from another . grin

You also said Angels are spirit being, could this be reffering to Angels of Noah's day in the bible ?

Solve this. because if those spirits are humans according to you it means not all evil people go to the same place . a blow to church teaching

pastor grin so dead = Carcass , then when your Bible said the dead stand at the throne of God , it means ordinary carcass stand at the throne of God ?

Peaceful love finish him and them pls!
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by xaggar(m): 12:06pm On Aug 14, 2017
Peacefullove:

I read the Op, but to be serious the writer is an Ex member . So am not suprised at the Twisted article.

I can't stop laughing when he based his entire topic on the fact that these people don't belive in hell , so Suicide is allowed , really ?

From my research, They see Suicide as the same as murder, yet their bible correctly said any murderer will not inherit Gods kingdom. what else ? a foolish jw must have killed himself then , Dont forget killing yourself will mean no paradise.

But mr writer present it as if suicide is a normal thing with no sanctions. infact according to him Suicide to a witness means gateway to Paradise , How could that be if they also belive suicide is murder and murderer's won't inherit God's kingdom ?

He also say this and I quote

" To a Withness having
droughts about his faith,
suicide makes perfect
sense. He may reason: “If this organization is a
scam I would rather be dead then live because I
have already invested years of my life; if it is the
true religion I will be raised from the dead and live
in a perfect world”. Suicide for the long time
member has a large upside but no down side."

Can a person who has doubts or droughts about his faith be properly Recognized with the witnesses ? Doesn't such one see the religion as a scam already, so are they still one of them ?

this is why I said Ex members of this group tend to be biased in their writings .

Thank you for your explanation. You need one bottle of "beer" (alcoholic? They'll soon start crying about my choice).
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by xaggar(m): 12:35pm On Aug 14, 2017
Peacefullove:

take back my statement, why ?

is it not true that The verse never said Hades is divided into two compartments . So if you say otherwise, isn't that a Lie ?

Prove you ain't lying by showing me where it says Hades is divided into two compartments. the onus is on you to prove your innocence and if genuine I will retract . Prove first !!!!

Chai! Chai! Chai!
Peacefullove take am easy biko!
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by xaggar(m): 12:37pm On Aug 14, 2017
701ecilana:

Okay, good bye. I don't indulge urchins.

Taking off?

Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by 701ecilana: 1:37pm On Aug 14, 2017
xaggar:

Taking off?
Which of the kids are you? Now i.understand.
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by mikeolu1: 2:44pm On Aug 14, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

So u mean u re an elder and wish to leave the organization? How long have u been baptized?
Are ur parents JW? How long have u been an elder?

Read my other posts and try figure out how long I've been around.
Yes my parents were in the org when I was born. So like many witnesses, I got baptized as a teenager.
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Peacefullove: 2:48pm On Aug 14, 2017
xaggar:

Thank you for your explanation. You need one bottle of "beer" (alcoholic? They'll soon start crying about my choice).

Respect bro, I expect the OP to counter my explanation about the article he posted but he didn't, Which reveal he is just a gullible person who swallow any tom and harry from the net as far as it's against his former group . Thats Foolish if you ask me.

If you read the article, the writer made also said ' Suicide for a long time member has upside but no downside '

How could it not have downside if suicide is seen as Murder among this group and Murderers wont inherit the Kingdom of God according to them ? .

The writer again said

suicide makes
perfect sense. He may reason: “If this organization is a scam I would rather be dead then live because
I have already invested years of my life; if it is
the true religion I will be raised from the dead and
live in a perfect world”.

Can you see how the biased writer make a fo.ol of himself, @ underline ... how could a person who believes Suicide is Murder expect to commit suicide and live in a coming perfect world that murderers wont inherit ?

Bra.in is not common for most ex members of this group . grin grin

a person need to be objective when writing things like this

"
cc: Mikeolu1

1 Like

Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by achorladey: 2:56pm On Aug 14, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

You are a deceitful person. There is a difference between followers not being able to assimilate and followers not being able to ask questions about doctrines. Stop making it look like he has a problem with assimilation when you and I know he can't ask questions that are contrary to their doctrines without being punished for it

A person has the right to know the advantages and disadvantages of joining any religion. You shouldn't shove man made non biblical doctrines down your followers throat
Atleast you know something that there is difference between asking questions and assimilation of the answers given to your question. Apply it when discussing with the Jws. Hope you got that.
Mikeolu1 is in a position that he can speak for himself, allow him to do such.
When your preset mind is that every member of the Jws is brainwashed before and after joining the organization, how will you know that they know the advantages and disadvantages of joining the organization? Think!!!!
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by mikeolu1: 3:03pm On Aug 14, 2017
Where are the millions that "will not die". It's already 2017.
Ask the elders or write the gb to ask what happened to this bible interpretation..
It was a tactic to recruit. It's still the tactic used today by Jehovah's Witness GB.

Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by achorladey: 3:13pm On Aug 14, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

But jw.org analyses what others had done too.
This your post shows you have no empathy, compassion and conscience.
Only robots like you say family does not matter.
Jesus had friends and family they all mattered to him. He never said they were a hindrance to his movement in anyway.
The signs of the times has been here according to you people since 1879
Your ancestors who joined the religion said the same thing you are saying the same thing the cycle goes on and on.
Thanks for the reminder that Jesus had friends and family that mattered to him. lool!!! No be via the Internet dem dey know person wey no get empathy, conscience or compassion.
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by achorladey: 3:18pm On Aug 14, 2017
mikeolu1:
Where are the millions that "will not die". It's already 2017.
Ask the elders or write the gb to ask what happened to this bible interpretation..
It was a tactic to recruit. It's still the tactic used today by Jehovah's Witness GB.
last time I checked you said you are one of the elders in one of the congregations of the Jws. Is that correct? If yes you should be in a position to attempt your latest questions. Or ask fellow elders within your congregation.
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by achorladey: 3:26pm On Aug 14, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Jw.org spreading teaching that will later become old teaching since its onset. All doctrines based on fallacies.

Its you who needs to learn how to reason.
The owner of the response got my message first time, your reply has no hold on me.
You don forget that simple football reasoning I give you bah. Your score still dey my hand.
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by achorladey: 3:31pm On Aug 14, 2017
mikeolu1:

In my one lifetime the interpretation of Matthew 24:34 “Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place” has been changed 6 times. Every new gb has its own new interpretation.

David Splane explanation of this scripture was by means of a chart to indicate an overlapping generatiois explanation of this scripture.
In Jehovah's witnesses land, that's called "present truth"
Did you read the last two sentence of my previous post.
Someone raised questions concerning this your latest post have you giving the individual answers. Oh I forgot (I'll better have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question) you care less whether answers can be found. But you forgot the world is what it is because people continue to seek answers to questions raised.
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Hairyrapunzel: 5:11pm On Aug 14, 2017
achorladey:

The owner of the response got my message first time, your reply has no hold on me.
You don forget that simple football reasoning I give you bah. Your score still dey my hand.

So you are now an examiner on nairaland. Smh. Always supporting evil
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Hairyrapunzel: 5:12pm On Aug 14, 2017
achorladey:

Someone raised questions concerning this your latest post have you giving the individual answers. Oh I forgot (I'll better have questions I can't answer than answers I can't question) you care less whether answers can be found. But you forgot the world is what it is because people continue to seek answers to questions raised.

Excuse for ever changing truths
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Hairyrapunzel: 5:24pm On Aug 14, 2017
achorladey:

last time I checked you said you are one of the elders in one of the congregations of the Jws. Is that correct? If yes you should be in a position to attempt your latest questions. Or ask fellow elders within your congregation.

As he has seen imperfect gb does not have any biblical support for overlapping generation teaching and if he tells other elders they will punish him for not believing the non biblical overlapping generation teaching by the imperfect old men in new york.

Acholardey this is the example when someone says it is false religion if you can't question answers given by leaders

1 Like

Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Hairyrapunzel: 5:42pm On Aug 14, 2017
achorladey:

Thanks for the reminder that Jesus had friends and family that mattered to him. lool!!! No be via the Internet dem dey know person wey no get empathy, conscience or compassion.

Via internet we know your greatest wish for jws is for billions including fetuses, newborns and children to be slaughtered by your Jehovah so jws can enter your new
Via internet we know you will disfellowship people because they don't believe in something called overlapping generation cos there is no biblical support
Via internet we know you will kill children by refusing them blood transfusion because someone from 1945 said you should
We now know what judicial committee is that 3 unqualified men will judge a case of rape between a child and an old man setting him free because the child was the only witness in her own rape
Through internet we know you have 7 leaders who you equate to God

No be internet them take dey no true religion. Jesus didn't use internet so stop directing people to your website
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by mikeolu1: 5:50pm On Aug 14, 2017
achorladey:

Witnesses used to be very proud to answer questions whenever in the field service.
These days, you will have to show householders video of Dave Splane explaining the overlapping generation.
I was with a brother on a study. The student asked question about "the generation" teaching and the fellow i was with simply confessed that he does not understand it either.
The truth is that, even Dave Splane is a victim of this organization, the org he has spent his life following and now leading. An organization which has made the gb become absolute laughing stock. Its like being on the back of a ferocious beast; there is no good options.
People now refer to "the generation" teaching as "Overlapping Gen"
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Hairyrapunzel: 6:21pm On Aug 14, 2017
achorladey:

Atleast you know something that there is difference between asking questions and assimilation of the answers given to your question. Apply it when discussing with the Jws. Hope you got that.
Mikeolu1 is in a position that he can speak for himself, allow him to do such.
When your preset mind is that every member of the Jws is brainwashed before and after joining the organization, how will you know that they know the advantages and disadvantages of joining the organization? Think!!!!

You that told me that it is better for parents of children to refuse their kids blood transfusion because they may not be jws in the future

You that does not even know the dangers your religion poses to individual you are saying jws know disadvantages and advantages. Tell me another lie.
How come you people never talk of judicial committee on your website
Punishing people because they don't agree with answers imperfect gb cannot back up biblically is the right thing to do right?
Achorladey its you that needs thinking.

I am free to think what I like to think. You on the other hand cannot think that the gb does not have any scriptural backing for all their beliefs.
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by mikeolu1: 6:34pm On Aug 14, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

I am free to think what I like to think. You on the other hand cannot think that the gb does not have any scriptural backing for all their beliefs.

You nail the problem/issue.
Jehovah's Witnesses are now not allowed to think for themselves.
Every cult have done same thing; they wield the power of life and death.
For example, most jw do not agree with the blood teaching, but with disfellowshipping and shunning brandished, many have no choice but to carry the "no blood" card.
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Hairyrapunzel: 6:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
mikeolu1:

For example, most jw do not agree with the blood teaching, but with disfellowshipping and shunning brandished, many have no choice but to carry the "no blood" card.

Such a Wicked policy.
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by achorladey: 8:36pm On Aug 14, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

You that told me that it is better for parents of children to refuse their kids blood transfusion because they may not be jws in the future

You that does not even know the dangers your religion poses to individual you are saying jws know disadvantages and advantages. Tell me another lie.
How come you people never talk of judicial committee on your website
Punishing people because they don't agree with answers imperfect gb cannot back up biblically is the right thing to do right?
Achorladey its you that needs thinking.

To whom it may concern!!!
This is typical of my illegal spokesman. He has ph.d in this profession. Beware!!!!
Thanks for reminding me that you are free to think. As if I thought maybe you are less a human.
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by achorladey: 8:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Via internet we know your greatest wish for jws is for billions including fetuses, newborns and children to be slaughtered by your Jehovah so jws can enter your new
Via internet we know you will disfellowship people because they don't believe in something called overlapping generation cos there is no biblical support
Via internet we know you will kill children by refusing them blood transfusion because someone from 1945 said you should
We now know what judicial committee is that 3 unqualified men will judge a case of rape between a child and an old man setting him free because the child was the only witness in her own rape
Through internet we know you have 7 leaders who you equate to God

No be internet them take dey no true religion. Jesus didn't use internet so stop directing people to your website
Does the above looks like a good sound reasoning about the JWs? You decide!!!!!!
My illegal spokesman is at it again. Beware!!!!
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by achorladey: 8:47pm On Aug 14, 2017
mikeolu1:

You are not allowed to think on your own and you are on this platform raising questions about what the JWs believe and still you call yourself one of a serving elder in there midst. Looooool. This question wey you dey raise or wey dey worry your mind , na the 7 GB wey dey new york dey use your head bring am out. Afterall you are still one of them. I am not understanding ooooooo.
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by achorladey: 8:50pm On Aug 14, 2017
mikeolu1:

Witnesses used to be very proud to answer questions whenever in the field service.
These days, you will have to show householders video of Dave Splane explaining the overlapping generation.
I was with a brother on a study. The student asked question about "the generation" teaching and the fellow i was with simply confessed that he does not understand it either.
The truth is that, even Dave Splane is a victim of this organization, the org he has spent his life following and now leading. An organization which has made the gb become absolute laughing stock. Its like being on the back of a ferocious beast; there is no good options.
People now refer to "the generation" teaching as "Overlapping Gen"
An elder that cannot help a fellow publisher in the field ministry, na elder dem dey call that kind person? I am not understanding ooooooo.
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Hairyrapunzel: 8:53pm On Aug 14, 2017
achorladey:

Does the above looks like a good sound reasoning about the JWs? You decide!!!!!!
My illegal spokesman is at it again. Beware!!!!

That is what the jws do. Do your elders report rape and pedophillia cases in the congregation to wordly police? I know they will not want to bring reproach on Jehovah's name and Jehovah will take care of it in the new system right? I heard some rapists and pedophilles even become elders. Internet has helped us the way it has helped you via your website spread non biblical teaching.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? / Can First Fruit Offering Get God's Reward,if Given To A Biological Father? / Why Do Pastors In Nigeria Pretend To Be Christians But Are Actually Freemasons??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.