Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,219 members, 7,953,808 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:04 AM

Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average (11208 Views)

A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in / Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by 701ecilana: 2:25am On Aug 13, 2017
rottennaija:

Maybe you are not aware of the history of your jw organization. Putting it shortly, letters had been written before, scriptural prove had been given about doctrines and policies. The point is, the organisation feels it knows all and above correction from anyone or their members(rank and file) except they are the ones doing the correction themselves.

At the same time, they make it hard for people that can no longer put up their unscriptural practices and policies to leave the organisation. They make your life miserable, friends and family shuns you or they risk shunning themselves.

My point is, all what you are suggesting had been done before, time again and again. The problem is, immediately you try that, the organisation marks you and then if care is not taken or you recant, you feel the full weight of the organisation control and power.

So... Quoting words of one movie I saw (I can't remember) "all that is left is to run"

What I am saying it, this is the only way JWs members can be help to realise what has been happening within them they don't know. Activism, exposure, leaks and explanations of what they don't understand.

Because taking the proper channel like you have suggested, the organization shuts you down before you can even start. You may not fully appreciate and understand the gravity of all that I have written. It's only when you're in the situation you will understand fully. But I would suggest you research a little about disagreeing with organisations doctrine or policies and you will be surprised and shocked
This doesn't sound Christ like. Where did they get this from? Who has this kind of power over God's children?
See Satan o.

1 Like

Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by 701ecilana: 2:30am On Aug 13, 2017
achorladey:

its easy to post numerous things like these on platforms of this nature. I only hope you dont backtrack on them later in life. The undercover operation you are doing seems okay by you. What baffles me is, your still in the organisation because of family ties and not fully out of the organisation and you are using your numerous post and this platform to discourage others who are willing and looking forward to learning from the Jws not to do so while you on the otherhand you still enjoy certain privilege if not all. Please when you backtrack later in life on this your post, comeback on this platform as well to change the mindset of the little ones that are drawn to your numerous post.
Take heed...... The signs of the times are here!!!!!!! To whom it may concern.
What end time are you expecting biko? You don't believe in Rapture so what end time are you talking about?/
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Nigeriadondie: 5:53am On Aug 13, 2017
mikeolu1:

No I am not. I am actually still in but can't get out for now.
Are u a baptized JW that is in?
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by mikeolu1: 6:09am On Aug 13, 2017
achorladey:

its easy to post numerous things like these on platforms of this nature. I only hope you dont backtrack on them later in life. The undercover operation you are doing seems okay by you. What baffles me is, your still in the organisation because of family ties and not fully out of the organisation and you are using your numerous post and this platform to discourage others who are willing and looking forward to learning from the Jws not to do so while you on the otherhand you still enjoy certain privilege if not all. Please when you backtrack later in life on this your post, comeback on this platform as well to change the mindset of the little ones that are drawn to your numerous post.
Take heed...... The signs of the times are here!!!!!!! To whom it may concern.
You are still drinking the jw cool aid.
You will be liberated some day as well. Thousands have.
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by mikeolu1: 6:10am On Aug 13, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

Are u a baptized JW that is in?
An elder here, if that satisfies your inquiry
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by mikeolu1: 6:11am On Aug 13, 2017
701ecilana:

This doesn't sound Christ like. Where did they get this from? Who has this kind of power over God's children?
See Satan o.
All cults do this.
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by mikeolu1: 6:15am On Aug 13, 2017
funbat:
lol... I am jw, I hold my truth, I made some changes within my self, I reason freely, that's how I live my life and am happy, cos I love the religion, but some doctrines am not soo cool with, like shinning family member or friends that are not jw, i ambrave them all withy heart, I appreciate God any time I add new age, soo many.. but. ever the less am jw for life, no other religion is better
this religion revealed a lot of truth to me so ama hold on forever
Your reasoning is one reason why so many are still in the organization..
In my short live, the gb has changed the "generation" teaching 6 times.
Each time they say, the present "truth", so the old one becomes old truth.
That's the way it works in jw land.
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Nigeriadondie: 6:59am On Aug 13, 2017
mikeolu1:

An elder here, if that satisfies your inquiry
So u mean u re an elder and wish to leave the organization? How long have u been baptized?
Are ur parents JW? How long have u been an elder?
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Peacefullove: 8:09am On Aug 13, 2017
701ecilana:

What end time are you expecting biko? You don't believe in Rapture so what end time are you talking about?/

Please what is rapture ? am interested
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Peacefullove: 8:18am On Aug 13, 2017
mikeolu1:

You are still drinking the jw cool aid.
You will be liberated some day as well. Thousands have.

Have relate with people of various religion but you can't deny They are more decent and their believes make more sense than all these fake miracle healing , Hell fire myth mongers of other Church group . I will rather listen to a Jw than Someone shouting a mythical hell at my door.

are you now planning to just join the league and drop religion all together or You still want to join another church ?
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Peacefullove: 8:25am On Aug 13, 2017
FortuneTeller:
There was a lovely JW family near me. The husband murdered his wife, kids and himself. sad

and na because them be jw he killed them ? nairaland people sef
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Peacefullove: 8:26am On Aug 13, 2017
GodsMopol:
mikeolu1
rottennaija
FortuneTelle*

What should we expect from a religion who's believe is centred on the absence of a possible reward or lose in the thereafter. At least, the present situation of poverty present in the world would result in what fortunetelle* mentioned above. Because you(they) have been highly brainwashed into believing that there is no gain or lose, so why would such person want to continue suffering on earth, without food and material possessions with the pain of seeing your children suffer and you have to go through too much rigour to feed them. The man would rather prefer to put a stop to such suffering and consider it- a act of love when he exterminate the improvised life they inherit from their brainwashed JW parents

I have always opined that JW is a satanic movement which has shortchanged the wisdom of God to mere wisdom of men 1 Corinth 1:17, I used Bible search to locate the verse.

Which Gain or Lose exactly ?
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Peacefullove: 8:35am On Aug 13, 2017
shadeyinka:
What do you expect of a religion that believes that he'll doesn't exist. A religion that believes that once a person dies, he doesn't exist again.

I am not surprised.

Religious people sha , Does hellfire exist ?

When u die , u die ! becomes a Non living being.

Explain to me how a non living being Can still exist ?
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Peacefullove: 8:42am On Aug 13, 2017
shadeyinka:

That's the problem of having a form of religion but denying the power withing it. The religious aspect of dutiful study, prayers, righteous living has blinded them to the "relationship" they should have instead, the formed another relationship based on the form of religion.

The bound they are in is extremely strong. To break free, they need Gods intervention (because they have it all tied together with their own answers) so that they can never see the truth.

The best we can do is to Pray for them in Love and attempt to help them see the purpose of Christ's sacrifice and coming.

Please what exactly is the purpose of your Christ Coming ?
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by shadeyinka(m): 8:43am On Aug 13, 2017
Peacefullove:

Please what exactly is the purpose of your Christ Coming ?

Why do you ask?
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by shadeyinka(m): 8:46am On Aug 13, 2017
Peacefullove:

Religious people sha , Does hellfire exist ?

When u die , u die ! becomes a Non living being.

Explain to me how a non living being Can still exist ?

Explain to me how Angels who do not have flesh and blood (and of course no physical brain cells) are conscious and can reason and have personalities etc.?

God is NOT the God of the dead BUT of the Living (including Abraham, Elijah and Moses)!

Answer my Question if you can.
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Peacefullove: 8:49am On Aug 13, 2017
shadeyinka:

Why do you ask?
I want to know how his coming to earth exactly benefit mankind
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by shadeyinka(m): 8:55am On Aug 13, 2017
Peacefullove:

I want to know how his coming to earth exactly benefit mankind

John3:
5 Jesus answered, “ Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again. ’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
9 Nicodemus answered and said to Him, “How can these things be?”

10 Jesus answered and said to him, “ Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things? 11 Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. (NKJV)

life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 “ He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.” (NKJV)
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Peacefullove: 8:56am On Aug 13, 2017
shadeyinka:

Explain to me how Angels who do not have flesh and blood (and of course no physical brain cells) are conscious and can reason and have personalities etc.?

Because they are not humans .

But when they appear on earth according to the Holy book of Christians, they have flesh. eat etc , WHY ?

God is NOT the God of the dead BUT of the Living (including Abraham, Elijah and Moses)!

Answer my Question if you can.

Living in what sense ?
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by shadeyinka(m): 9:07am On Aug 13, 2017
Peacefullove:

Because they are not humans .
No! Because they are Soul and Spirit Beings

Peacefullove:

But when they appear on earth according to the Holy book of Christians, they have flesh. eat etc , WHY ?

Because humans can interact with them only when they put on the physical except when they are seen in a vision.

Numbers 22:23
23 Now the donkey saw the Angel of the Lord standing in the way with His drawn sword in His hand, and the donkey turned aside out of the way and went into the field. So Balaam struck the donkey to turn her back onto the road. 24 Then the Angel of the Lord stood in a narrow path between the vineyards, with a wall on this side and a wall on that side.

How come: Balam couldn't see this Angel physically?

Peacefullove:

Living in what sense ?
Conscious!
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Peacefullove: 11:07am On Aug 13, 2017
shadeyinka:

John3:
5 Jesus answered, “ Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again. ’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
9 Nicodemus answered and said to Him, “How can these things be?”

10 Jesus answered and said to him, “ Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things? 11 Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. (NKJV)

life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 “ He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.” (NKJV)

The question is How does his coming to the earth benefit mankind ? not this long quote, Besides if the aim is to be born again . I laugh in Dutch grin

Was Moses, Joshua Born again ? and if there is an afterlife, Tell me if they enter the Kingdom of God or not when they die ?
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Peacefullove: 11:13am On Aug 13, 2017
shadeyinka:

No! Because they are Soul and Spirit Beings

grin grin

Are humans Spirit beings ?

Because humans can interact with them only when they put on the physical except when they are seen in a vision.

Numbers 22:23
23 Now the donkey saw the Angel of the Lord standing in the way with His drawn sword in His hand, and the donkey turned aside out of the way and went into the field. So Balaam struck the donkey to turn her back onto the road. 24 Then the Angel of the Lord stood in a narrow path between the vineyards, with a wall on this side and a wall on that side.

How come: Balam couldn't see this Angel physically?

He can just prevented from seeing him, Ordinary donkey saw him so u gat no point.
He even later saw the angel .

Angel and humans are totally different things .
So cannot be used as justification for my first point. How could a non livin being continue to exist as living ? perfect oxymoron . grin religion is a delusion

Conscious!

Not according to your bible, it says they are living " in his eyes " . or mind
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by shadeyinka(m): 12:14pm On Aug 13, 2017
Peacefullove:

The question is How does his coming to the earth benefit mankind ? not this long quote, Besides if the aim is to be born again . I laugh in Dutch grin

Was Moses, Joshua Born again ? and if there is an afterlife, Tell me if they enter the Kingdom of God or not when they die ?

No wonder, you don't read!
You can't understand because you don't read

But even when you read, it is with a sealed mind.

Read again pls. Your answers are in the post
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by shadeyinka(m): 12:26pm On Aug 13, 2017
Peacefullove:

grin grin

Are humans Spirit beings ?

He can just prevented from seeing him, Ordinary donkey saw him so u gat no point.
He even later saw the angel .

Angel and humans are totally different things .
So cannot be used as justification for my first point. How could a non livin being continue to exist as living ? perfect oxymoron . grin religion is a delusion

Not according to your bible, it says they are living " in his eyes " . or mind
A Human Being is a union of a Body, a Soul and a Spirit.

Matt17:3-4
3 And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him. 4 Then Peter answered and said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here; if You wish, let us make here three tabernacles:one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.” (NKJV)

I even thought you were a JW!

I didn't know I was chatting with Satan's drone.

One day you are certainly going to wake up from your delusion which is strong to discover that you have only fooled yourself. Then your friend Lucifer will abandon you to your fate.

Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Peacefullove: 12:34pm On Aug 13, 2017
shadeyinka:

A Human Being is a union of a Body, a Soul and a Spirit.

Matt17:3-4
3 And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him. 4 Then Peter answered and said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here; if You wish, let us make here three tabernacles:one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.” (NKJV)

Hahahahaha, Your bible didn't tell you that was a VISION grin pastor shadeyinka . is this how brainwashed you are that you can't differentiate Vision from Reality ?

Lol .
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by shadeyinka(m): 12:40pm On Aug 13, 2017
Peacefullove:

Hahahahaha, Your bible didn't tell you that was a VISION grin pastor shadeyinka . is this how brainwashed you are that you can't differentiate Vision from Reality ?

Lol .

Shouldn't you have replaced it with the word "Hallucination" instead of Vision?
SMH!

You an atheist who believes in Vision!?
I don't get it?
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Peacefullove: 12:42pm On Aug 13, 2017
shadeyinka:

No wonder, you don't read!
You can't understand because you don't read

But even when you read, it is with a sealed mind.

Read again pls. Your answers are in the post

When you preach lies, your typical response is this above.

I actually read, you quoted John 3.

But I found two points or aspect that needs further response from you .

1 . verse 7 says you must be born again to enter the kingdom of God.

which begs the question : Besides if the aim is to be born again . was Moses, Joshua Born again ? and if there is an afterlife, Tell me if they enter the
Kingdom of God or not when they die ?

2. verse 13 says nobody has ever ascend to heaven . which begs the question : Does that mean people like David etc didn't go to heaven ? if so, does that not prove dead people don't go to heaven after all ?

Open to Psalm 115 vs 17 it says the DEAD DO NOT PRaISE THE LORD . grin grin
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Peacefullove: 12:43pm On Aug 13, 2017
shadeyinka:

Shouldn't you have replaced it with the word "Hallucination" instead of Vision?
SMH!

You an atheist who believes in Vision!?
I don't get it?

Oga , Your Jesus said it was a VISIOn , is a vision not different from reality ? use your head Bro
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by shadeyinka(m): 1:03pm On Aug 13, 2017
Peacefullove:

Oga , Your Jesus said it was a VISIOn , is a vision not different from reality ? use your head Bro

What is a vision?

Isn't it the spiritual brought to the persception of the physical senses?

Now as an atheist, it shouldn't make any sense to you. You don't believe in spirits, do you?

Either way, it is either you believe in spirits and renounce atheism or reject spirits and remain as you are. You seem confused
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by shadeyinka(m): 1:21pm On Aug 13, 2017
Peacefullove:

When you preach lies, your typical response is this above.

I actually read, you quoted John 3.

But I found two points or aspect that needs further response from you .

1 . verse 7 says you must be born again to enter the kingdom of God.

which begs the question : Besides if the aim is to be born again . was Moses, Joshua Born again ? and if there is an afterlife, Tell me if they enter the
Kingdom of God or not when they die ?

2. verse 13 says nobody has ever ascend to heaven . which begs the question : Does that mean people like David etc didn't go to heaven ? if so, does that not prove dead people don't go to heaven after all ?

Open to Psalm 115 vs 17 it says the DEAD DO NOT PRaISE THE LORD . grin grin

I only discussed scriptures with you because I assumed you were JW. I don't usually discuss scriptures with atheists.

However, I'll be very brief to make an exception.

Question1:
The Kingdom of God (in context) is after resurrection else, there is no need of resurrection of the dead.

Question 2:
Same as question 1.
The righteous are in a special place (called Abraham's bosom). Which means, the place where Abraham is!

1 Peter 3:18–19 says,
“Christ also suffered once for sins, the ri The word spirit refers to Christ’s spirit. The contrast is between His flesh and spirit, and not between Christ’s flesh and the Holy Spirit. Christ’s flesh died, but His spirit remained alive.

The Evil also have their place HeHell ESV calls it a prison. Not the Lake of Fire!)

Ps115:17
Refers to the Carcass or Corpse

Understand scriptures in context
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by 701ecilana: 1:27pm On Aug 13, 2017
mikeolu1:

All cults do this.
am just speechless reading this stuff.
Re: Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average by Peacefullove: 1:34pm On Aug 13, 2017
shadeyinka:

What is a vision?

Isn't it the spiritual brought to the persception of the physical senses?

Now as an atheist, it shouldn't make any sense to you. You don't believe in spirits, do you?

Either way, it is either you believe in spirits and renounce atheism or reject spirits and remain as you are. You seem confused

We are discussing bible Mr . Am coming down to your level because am not a stranger to the Christian holy book. answer this simple question

Is a Vision Real ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Know Thyself: The Miracle Called Man / Reasons Why Jesus Christ Was Crucified / "Benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage" - Faith Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.