Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,880 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows (18092 Views)

COVID-19: Four Things Nigerians Want To Hear From Buhari / El-Rufai Asks All Political Appointees To Resign On 30th April / Okogie, Obasanjo, Fayose — Six People Who Didn’t Want Buhari To Run (pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by Tsmart1(m): 8:19am On Aug 11, 2017
BUY CHEAP AND CLEAN LAPTOPS © 25K . . . CALL ME NOW OR CHAT ON WHATSAPP 09095620116
Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:20am On Aug 11, 2017
Thief-nubu and Oshinbade don go pay Guardian to publish this trash. lol
Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by vascey(m): 8:20am On Aug 11, 2017
While i support the notion, i must say the poll is flawed. Majority of those that voted him do not have access to Internet not to talk of voting online. So more reflective poll will go to the streets, especially those in the president's region, to ask if they would like him to resign.

I'm sure the answer will be a resounding No. Simply because over there religion trumps everything else, even morals.
Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by magoo10(m): 8:22am On Aug 11, 2017
Some people argue that he handed down power to his vice but it is very clear that osibanjo cannot make critical decisions and changes without consulting the dullard,so it is of no use also considering the fact that the cabals have a strong influence on the presidency.
Buhari should save his country and Africa the shame by resigning .that is the most honourable thing the dullard have to do.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 11, 2017
Buhari! Buhari! Buhari!

Despite Good luck warned us about his health Nigerians did not hear.
Despite he was too old to contest we still voted him
Now he is in power he increase the Naira to dollar exchange by *2
Now he is in power, many businesses have died due to the harsh economy
Now he is in power, recession crippled this nation
Now he is sick, he still believes he can rule the country

God bless You and reward you for what you have done

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by KingsleyCEO: 8:23am On Aug 11, 2017
There is nothing wrong in being sick, we are humans and can fall sick at anytime.

But the issue here is that Nigeria or any other country is bigger than one individual to be held hostage simply because they want to hold on to power at all cost. If your arguemant is that President Buhari is credible, my question thus: Is he the only credible person in the whole of the country.

With all due respect, i think President Buhari is morally bankrupt, how can the same person who made his stand clear on issues like this during the tenure of Late Umaru Musa Yaudua now turn to pretend as though nothing like that ever happened. Is it that Nigerian say one thing and then turn to do another thing instead of holding on to that which has given them credibility.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by robosky02(m): 8:23am On Aug 11, 2017
Nkemakonam62:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/nigerians-want-buhari-to-resign-on-moral-grounds-poll-shows/

mynd44 hope you get the message....

he has failed us on moral grounds not that we hate him

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by elbinmanny(m): 8:24am On Aug 11, 2017
Are all these people commenting also my citizens undecidedAre all these people commenting also my citizens

Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by kaykaymcb(m): 8:25am On Aug 11, 2017
Good health to him
Exclusive flyers and logo...reach out 08083108100
https://www.nairaland.com/3845207/portfolio-super-realistic-cartoons-manipulations-order#58047250

Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by NothingDoMe: 8:26am On Aug 11, 2017
ganye1:
We understand that Buhari didn't choose to be I'll and being President doesn't deny him the right to seek for medical treatment for his illness. The President has done all the laws requires him to do in such situation. The irony is that those asking him to leave on moral grounds do not realised the callousness of playing politics with Buhari's illness. Though I won't advise Buhari to run again, given his health condition and age, those making noise online should know that Buhari can comfortably beat any living politician in Nigeria.
This was 1984:

However, tightening of imports led to reduction in raw materials for industries causing many industries to operate below capacity.[43]

However, Buhari's bid to re-balance public finances by curbing imports led to many job losses and the closure of businesses.[44]

Buhari broke ties with the International Monetary Fund, when the fund asked the government to devalue the naira by 60%. However, the reforms that Buhari instigated on his own were as or more rigorous as those required by the IMF

Does this sound similar to you? Nigerians will NEVER vote him again

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:28am On Aug 11, 2017
vascey:
While i support the notion, i must say the poll is flawed. Majority of those that voted him do not have access to Internet. So more reflective poll will go to the streets, especially, those in the president's region to ask if they would like him to resign. I'm sure the answer will be a resounding No. Simply because over there religion trumps everything else, even morals.

Because na only Aboki vote Buhari abi?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by Nbote(m): 8:28am On Aug 11, 2017
Typing Dead zombies would term d newspaper Igbos and question d polls as usual.. Anyway its obvious it doesn't matter what we want considering how some of d same ppl crying d most can always b easily swayed (eg d pro buhari protest, bmc's). Na to jus cross leg dey wait till 2019.. Dats d only tym we can actually do something about what we want...
Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by aku626(m): 8:28am On Aug 11, 2017
MrRhymes101:
They are making it look like if he resigns the fortune of the country would change overnight. Misplaced priority!
It's not misplaced priority it sets a tone for good governance, moral ethics and an unquantifiable discipline from leaders in the nation.
Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by NothingDoMe: 8:29am On Aug 11, 2017
vascey:
While i support the notion, i must say the poll is flawed. Majority of those that voted him do not have access to Internet not to talk of voting online. So more reflective poll will go to the streets, especially those in the president's region, to ask if they would like him to resign.

I'm sure the answer will be a resounding No. Simply because over there religion trumps everything else, even morals.
@ the emboldened is the myopia that fuels an irresponsible and failed government.
Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by ikp120(m): 8:29am On Aug 11, 2017
Of course he should. A man who knew that he wasn't medically qualified to contest still went ahead to do so. Now he's claiming that he's fighting corruption.

Who is even more corrupt here. A technically corrupt man.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by gurunlocker: 8:31am On Aug 11, 2017
Only someone mad, I mean really mad will vote for bubu in 2019.....
Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by vascey(m): 8:35am On Aug 11, 2017
Mrchippychappy:

Because na only Aboki vote Buhari abi?

Hehehehe... No ask me baba. Ask Baba 97% Vs 5%.
Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by DaBillionnaire: 8:37am On Aug 11, 2017
Okoroawusa:
Poll? Which poll?

NEPA poll or NITEL poll?

Nonsense!

noooo, its MTN Mast tongue
Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by vascey(m): 8:37am On Aug 11, 2017
NothingDoMe:
@ the emboldened is the myopia that fuels an irresponsible and failed government.

Actually looking at it from a sampling point of view, for you to extrapolate the conclusions reached by a sample poll, you must at least ensure that the respondents are representative of the entire population. I don't think that was done.
Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by donqx: 8:42am On Aug 11, 2017
oh
Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by phenase(m): 8:44am On Aug 11, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Buhari should not resign, he is too wicked to be alive after ruining this country and it's citizens.

He should just die.

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by 400billionman: 8:50am On Aug 11, 2017
You guys are riding on top Okada.
Does Mr Integrity have any MORALS ?
Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by Kiakia(m): 8:54am On Aug 11, 2017
ganye1:
We understand that Buhari didn't choose to be I'll and being President doesn't deny him the right to seek for medical treatment for his illness. The President has done all the laws requires him to do in such situation. The irony is that those asking him to leave on moral grounds do not realised the callousness of playing politics with Buhari's illness. Though I won't advise Buhari to run again, given his health condition and age, those making noise online should know that Buhari can comfortably beat any living politician in Nigeria.
Not anymore. His popularity level has taken a knock. It has nose-dived since the setting in of recession in Nigeria and, certainly, not now that he is eligible to contest for the seat of the Mayor of London.
Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by Primebuilders(m): 8:56am On Aug 11, 2017
ganye1:
We understand that Buhari didn't choose to be I'll and being President doesn't deny him the right to seek for medical treatment for his illness. The President has done all the laws requires him to do in such situation. The irony is that those asking him to leave on moral grounds do not realised the callousness of playing politics with Buhari's illness. Though[b] I won't advise Buhari to run again, given his health condition and age, those making noise online should know that Buhari can comfortably beat any living politician in Nigeria.
[/b]

It is not about beating any living politician. Its about him being able to effectively discharge the function hr elected for
Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by marvin902(m): 8:56am On Aug 11, 2017
i comment my reserve...
seems am the only one seeing the bad side of him resigning...
saraki getting ready grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by maclatunji: 8:59am On Aug 11, 2017
dumie:

Not everyone voted or supported the illiterate Buhari

Hahahahaahahahahaha, you have to lie to massage the hate burning in you. Get well soon.
Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by castrokins(m): 9:05am On Aug 11, 2017
He Didn't Beat Any Living Politician In Nigeria In 2003, 2007 And 2011. So What Exactly Are You Saying?

ganye1:
Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 11, 2017

Nigerians want Buhari to resign, I laugh in grand style. I think osibanjo is too slow. The Nigerian constitution states that after 90 days, a new president is sworn in.. If I was osibanjo, I would have called the chief justice to swear me in sin on the 91st day. Yes I'm Igbo but I love osibanjo better. He do better. Osibanjo please pick Igbo guy as vice president

Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by OmoManU: 9:13am On Aug 11, 2017
PMB should jejely resign, I support the call for his resignation base on morality
Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by surgical: 9:15am On Aug 11, 2017
Bitcoin1000:
You voted him stop complaining
It was a disaster foretold
Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by surgical: 9:17am On Aug 11, 2017
prospero5:
i keep asking this question: is it not possible for me to keep my integrity while in governance? if i can't, then there is no need for people like me to get any close to politics.

buhari, a man i respect. i believe, on his own, he will not do what is not right just to hang on to power. i think it's time for his moral to come to play.
keep deceiving yourself
Re: Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows by ogawisdom(m): 9:20am On Aug 11, 2017
Buhari doesn't need to resign BC there is no vacuum osibanjo is in charge

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Parallel Excos Plan Mass Defection / Sowore To Sue Channels TV Boss For Excluding Him From Debate / Why Bola Tinubu Is Trending In Osun State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.