Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin (2590 Views)

APC Now Riding On Jonathan’s Legacies. Pictures. / Buhari’s List Not Worth The Wait, He Should Have Submitted On May 29 – Odumakin / Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by mekusxxx: 5:23am On Feb 15, 2010
Babapupa,
I'd rather enjoy the fresh air in my ''village'' than inhaling the poison that Lagos is
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by aloyemeka2: 5:23am On Feb 15, 2010
chic2pimp:

No wonder tongue
I also don't think you've ever been to pretoria or have you? undecided
Forget the pretty picture y'all see on the net and go and sample the real pretoria for ya self wink

Sorry, I am more travelled than you. name the continent and I've been to many cities there, trust me.
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by mekusxxx: 5:25am On Feb 15, 2010
Biina,
Lagos was not part of Western Nigeria then. Lagos was a fed territory.  Awo had no power to establish Unilag. So, I repeat that Awo had no hand in the creation of UI and Unilag. Go do your research well.
UI was built by Oyibo
UniLag was build by the fed in the fed capital, Lagos
ABU was built by the North
Ife was built by Awo
UNN was created by Zik
How is Awo involved in Unis in the West except Ife?
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by EzeUche(m): 5:27am On Feb 15, 2010
London is not a nice city at all. Washington DC is a better city to visit.
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by SEFAGO(m): 5:29am On Feb 15, 2010
This is an example of anambra state university  grin. Hehe cult activities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlQM1WG7cX4
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by SEFAGO(m): 5:31am On Feb 15, 2010
EzeUche:

Which part of DC are you talking about? The SE that is full of poor black people ? Or the rich white suburban areas grin?

DC and london is just like lagos and tongue, poor areas and rich areas.

However, anambra and enugu are crappy all round
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by mekusxxx: 5:32am On Feb 15, 2010
SEFAGO:

This is an example of anambra state university grin. Hehe cult activities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlQM1WG7cX4

We know about the unis in Ijebu ode and in Ogbomosho grin grin grin
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by chic2pimp(m): 5:36am On Feb 15, 2010
EzeUche:

Which part of D.C? undecided
Some of the areas I've been to in D.C are at the very least pitiful embarassed embarassed embarassed

aloy-emeka:

Sorry, I am more travelled than you. name the continent and I've been to many cities there, trust me.
You might be more travelled than I , that I can't verify however one thing I am sure off is that you've never been to pretoria wink
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by biina: 5:38am On Feb 15, 2010
aloy-emeka:

You've started making your wild allegations again. Can you tell me what Abiola stole from Nigeria and how he did it?. Shame on you if you cannot.
why do you increase font sizes as if you are short sighted? undecided

As to what Abiola stole, where were the telecommunication infrastructure that his 49% owned ITT and 100% owned Radio Communcations Nig. Ltd were supposed to have installed?
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by aloyemeka2: 5:42am On Feb 15, 2010
biina:

why do you increase font sizes as if you are short sighted? undecided

As to what Abiola stole, where were the telecommunication infrastructure that his 49% owned ITT and 100% owned Radio Communcations Nig. Ltd were supposed to have installed?

Which telecom infrastructure? . I've warned you from peddling unfounded rumors. If you have any proof that Abiola stole your money in Nigeria, please do indulge me and stop presenting Fela's ganja driven accusation.
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by biina: 5:54am On Feb 15, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Which telecom infrastructure? . I've warned you from peddling unfounded rumors. If you have any proof that Abiola stole your money in Nigeria, please do indulge me and stop presenting Fela's ganja driven accusation.
what are you disputing, that the contract wasn't awarded or that the job was done?
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by aloyemeka2: 6:01am On Feb 15, 2010
biina:

what are you disputing, that the contract wasn't awarded or that the job was done?

When, where and who disbursed the money to Abiola?. Do you even know the meaning of ITT and Abiola's position in the organization?. How is ITT related to Nigeria and their money?
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by biina: 6:02am On Feb 15, 2010
mekusxxx:

Biina,
Lagos was not part of Western Nigeria then. Lagos was a fed territory.  Awo had no power to establish Unilag. So, I repeat that Awo had no hand in the creation of UI and Unilag. Go do your research well.
UI was built by Oyibo
UniLag was build by the fed in the fed capital, Lagos
ABU was built by the North
Ife was built by Awo
UNN was created by Zik
How is Awo involved in Unis in the West except Ife?
I dont know why you keep reiterating it, but I never said Awo created UI, and only said it was transitioned.
As to Unilag, Lagos state as you know it today was not entirely the FCT. The part under FG rule was only the Municipality of Lagos, which covered the Island and some part of the mainland (i would assume places like Yaba and Obalende included),  while other areas like Ikeja, Agege, Mushin, Ikorodu, Epe and Badagry were under the western region. Awolowo could have sited the new university in any of this places, a move that would have made sense given the demographics, but would have made the establishment of Unilag less likely, given that UI was already in the west and Yaba college was already in Lagos.
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by babapupa: 6:11am On Feb 15, 2010
mekusxxx:

Babapupa,
I'd rather enjoy the fresh air in my ''village'' than inhaling the poison that Lagos is

Sounds like you're on your own because more than half of your kinfolks outside Igboland living in Yorubaland must like inhaling the poison in Lagos, seems they can't get enough of it. And if you're really serious, beg dem to comot go back to Igboland make we clean up all the slums they create.

Lagos was clean before den show up,

Dirty people,
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by mekusxxx: 6:15am On Feb 15, 2010
^^^^^
What of Ben Akabueze and Joe Igbokwe? Make I beg them too to leave Eko? grin grin grin grin
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by babapupa: 6:18am On Feb 15, 2010
mekusxxx:

^^^^^
What of Ben Akabueze and Joe Igbokwe? Make I beg them too to leave Eko? grin grin grin grin

Please be my guest. Lagos is more than both of them put together and we have more than enough qualified folks to take their spots.
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by biina: 6:22am On Feb 15, 2010
aloy-emeka:

When, where and who disbursed the money to Abiola?. Do you even know the meaning of ITT and Abiola's position in the organization?. How is ITT related to Nigeria and their money?
This is funny, but I will humor you a bit.
ITT is International Telephone and Telegraph, a company Abiola joined as the comptroller in 1969. He ousted the expratiate MD and became a 49% percent stakeholder (after he returned from forming his own company, Radio Telecommunications as a competitor to ITT when they initially refused his demands). He later became Vice -Chairman for  MEA.

The contract in question was awarded in 1975 by Murtala as minister for communications (shortly before becoming head of state) and was for installation of exchanges and phone booths. Other contracts were awarded to Radio Telecommunications, particularly for military installations. The former permanent secretary, Akindele, was retired (then recalled) over refusing to sign the papers over issues of transparency and due process.

The implementation of the contact propelled Nitel (then P &T) to 'great heights'
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by mekusxxx: 6:28am On Feb 15, 2010
Lagos is 50% Igbo property. Igbos will stay there for life; that is those who are interested. No shaking! As for me, I'd rather live in my hamlet than in Lagos. I don pass the level of Lagos 10 years ago.
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by babapupa: 6:33am On Feb 15, 2010
mekusxxx:

Lagos is 50% Igbo property.

Why do you guys keep swimming in this stupid and bogus delusions. And where is the pride and wisdom in claiming other people's land when your own towns and villages still resemble 17th century zulu settlements?

Shameless people, lol.
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by mekusxxx: 6:35am On Feb 15, 2010
Apart from Lagos built by Igbos, other Yoruba towns are not in reckoning. My father's duplex there is being guarded by an Yoruba man. lol
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by babapupa: 6:39am On Feb 15, 2010
mekusxxx:

Apart from Lagos built by Igbos, other Yoruba towns are not in reckoning. My father's duplex there is being guarded by an Yoruba man. lol

I dey comot, e be like say na delusional talk remain.

I don reply you here, why you dey avoid?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-397601.256.html#msg5514181
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by biina: 6:39am On Feb 15, 2010
mekusxxx:

Lagos is 50% Igbo property. Igbos will stay there for life; that is those who are interested. No shaking! As for me, I'd rather live in my hamlet than in Lagos. I don pass the level of Lagos 10 years ago.
You want your own country and want to stay in someone else land for life? undecided
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by mekusxxx: 6:45am On Feb 15, 2010
Igbos do not want Biafra any longer. We will finally take over Lagos and drive them Yoruba people to where they belong: Cotonou.
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by biina: 6:54am On Feb 15, 2010
mekusxxx:

Igbos do not want Biafra any longer. We will finally take over Lagos and drive them Yoruba people to where they belong: Cotonou.
That is the funniest thing you have said all day! grin grin grin
You be real Joseph!!! grin grin grin
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by Onlytruth(m): 6:59am On Feb 15, 2010
mekusxxx:

grin grin grin grin grin hehehe

And we are waiting for them to try any nonsense secession. cool Just wait, one of these days they'll cry out and we will be laughing. grin grin
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by Onlytruth(m): 7:01am On Feb 15, 2010
We will make it a "megacity" after. Meanwhile I still like the fresh air for my village. cool
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by aloyemeka2: 1:02pm On Feb 15, 2010
biina:

ITT is International Telephone and Telegraph, a company Abiola joined as the comptroller in 1969. He ousted the expratiate MD and became a 49% percent stakeholder (after he returned from forming his own company, Radio Telecommunications as a competitor to ITT when they initially refused his demands). He later became Vice -Chairman for  MEA.

The contract in question was awarded in 1975 by Murtala as minister for communications (shortly before becoming head of state) and was for installation of exchanges and phone booths. Other contracts were awarded to Radio Telecommunications, particularly for military installations. The former permanent secretary, Akindele, was retired (then recalled) over refusing to sign the papers over issues of transparency and due process.

The implementation of the contact propelled Nitel (then P &T) to 'great heights'

You know this is the same false claims we've been hearing about Abiola while growing up. It's a lie.
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by oderemo(m): 1:12pm On Feb 15, 2010
ITT is International Telephone and Telegraph, a company Abiola joined as the comptroller in 1969. He ousted the
expratiate MD and became a 49% percent stakeholder (after he returned from forming his own company, Radio Telecommunications as a competitor to ITT when they initially refused his demands). He later became Vice -Chairman for MEA.

You know this is the same false claims we've been hearing about Abiola while growing up. It's a lie.

which part is the lie. ?
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by youngmonie: 1:16pm On Feb 15, 2010
U see dis issue of tribalism wudnt get Nigeria anywer, nd d idiotss arguing on NL call dem sellves d future of dis fucking countyrr!!!!!!!!!!!, ( Its quite saddningg)
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by Nobody: 4:44am On Feb 22, 2010
aloy-emeka:

in your dreams maybe.

You sound like a typical illiterate who never left the bush.

driving taxi at your local village airport now means overseas travel?

419 and scamming dey inside your genes- na your victims sabi sha!
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by Katsumoto: 3:45pm On Feb 22, 2010
Onlytruth:

We will make it a "megacity" after. Meanwhile I still like the fresh air for my village. cool

You are from Anambra; why not assist your governor in turning it into a megacity? Yoruba adage 'ibi ti ko ba si ile latin jiyon ija ikadi' - It is where there is no land, that we can imagine what it would be like to fight.

Stop your fixation with Yoruba and Lagos; go and develop your state. Unless of course, you are all mouth and no action.
Let Lagosians worry about issues concerning Lagos.
Re: All Of Awo's Legacies Destroyed By Us - Odumakin by asha80(m): 3:53pm On Feb 22, 2010
Katsumoto:

You are from Anambra; why not assist your governor in turning it into a megacity? Yoruba adage 'ibi ti ko ba si ile latin jiyon ija ikadi' - It is where there is no land, that we can imagine what it would be like to fight.

Stop your fixation with Yoruba and Lagos; go and develop your state. Unless of course, you are all mouth and no action.
Let Lagosians worry about issues concerning Lagos.

If i may ask who is a lagosian .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sambo Denies Reported Rift With Jonathan ! / The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari - Soyinka / Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Struck By Sudden Stroke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.