Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? (10722 Views)

Have You Read The Bible From Genesis To Revelation In A Year Before? / Let's Study The Bible Daily And Finish It In One Year! / Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by walls01: 11:59am On Aug 13, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
It doesn't contradict and yet you can explain to me the logic I am not getting..

Small small with your ignorance o

the Bible is written over a very long period for certain people and certain laws at certain time. when we confuse this we say it is contradictory
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by KinzyeWriter(m): 12:05pm On Aug 13, 2017
walls01:

you think you are better than me and others that say it is not contradictory. you don't even believe there are spirits even villagers know they are
I believe in both physical and spiritual science... I am not an atheist but I don't put one religion above another... so I hate people saying if you don't accept Jesus you will perish

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by walls01: 12:09pm On Aug 13, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
I believe in both physical and spiritual science... I am not an atheist but I don't put one religion above another... so I hate people saying if you don't accept Jesus you will perish

in the spiritual the truth is clear. thank you for chatting with me without insults most of this type of chat is very insulting.
have a nice Sunday
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by mmachi96(f): 12:09pm On Aug 13, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
I have, I like reading myths and bible fits it perfectly
U've shown urself and we've seen it.......I recommend u read the history of flying spaghetti monster next.
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by mmachi96(f): 12:11pm On Aug 13, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
Yes, My Brain, My Reasoning. embarassed
The greatest deceit is self deceit.
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by mmachi96(f): 12:19pm On Aug 13, 2017
Loonyy:
I don't know what you aim to achieve by reading the whole Bible, Christianity as it is today is full of crappie folks wanting to do things that please the flesh, serving their master the devil thinking they are serving GOD. one thing I know is the bible is put together based on activities of men( prophets and apostles) and God . these men distinguish themselves in their ages and God used them for his work. Seriously service to GOD is in Hearing. so let's pray for our eyes and ears to be open so as to hear from GOD and stop living by the revelations of others
Yes hearing and hearing the word of God. the Bible is the manual for effective christian walk. Is expedient u engage into studying it
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by flairlady(f): 12:19pm On Aug 13, 2017
You learnt been good from the bible?The same bible that we know?The same bible that orders the killing of firstborns,infants and pregnant women?the same bible that endorses rape?You read with understanding indeed!
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by mmachi96(f): 12:24pm On Aug 13, 2017
flairlady:
You learnt been good from the bible?The same bible that we know?The same bible that orders the killing of firstborns,infants and pregnant women?the same bible that endorses rape?You read with understanding indeed!
I guess u read the back of the BIBLE
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by KinzyeWriter(m): 12:27pm On Aug 13, 2017
mmachi96:
The greatest deceit is self deceit.
Okay, Thanks, Keep going kiss
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by KinzyeWriter(m): 12:29pm On Aug 13, 2017
walls01:

in the spiritual the truth is clear. thank you for chatting with me without insults most of this type of chat is very insulting.
have a nice Sunday
My pleasure bro.
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by Depreacherman(m): 1:29pm On Aug 13, 2017
benodic:
When I was a christian, I read a chapter everyday from Genesis to Revelation. and starts all over again when I get to the end.
I learnt some vital lessons.
1. the old testament is the history of the Jews and not my history or that of the whole world.

2. the god depicted in the old testament is the tribal god of the Jews and not that of the whole humanity and not my God either. hence his sending the Jews to massacre other tribes and races who are not in harmony with the Jews

3. For the first time in the New testament, Jesus presented a picture of a loving God to the Jews which was quite alien to them as they preferred their war mongering god which led to them crucifying Jesus

4. for the first time too, in the new testament, Jesus introduced the Holy Spirit which he said will lead one to all truth and this was culminated in the pentescost when the apostles experienced the Holy Spirit and were empowered thereafter.

5. this now led for my quest for the Holy Spirit which culminated in my becoming a member of ECKANKAR.

6. ECK meaning Holy Spirit and ANKAR meaning The way. put together meaning, the way of the Holy Spirit

Mr man stop deceiving yourself and also stop displaying your ignorance publicly.

is ECKANKAR a Christian gathering? capital NO...

quit that rubbish and receive Jesus Christ for your own good or regret at the end.

may God deliver you from that religious occultism that you have been initiated into....
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by KinzyeWriter(m): 1:32pm On Aug 13, 2017
cheesy
flairlady:
Abi oo lolz
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by piagetskinner(m): 2:27pm On Aug 13, 2017
refiner:
Almost thru.....currently in genesis chapter 1 vs 2...

lol..maybe u started reading from revelation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by piagetskinner(m): 2:29pm On Aug 13, 2017
yes I have read the whole bible once...I plan on reading it again and again and again. God word is new everyday... that's the beauty of it

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 13, 2017
achidisucre:
By God's grace the Bible is one of the books I have to my credit. I started it on 4th April and finished on 11th August, this year.

I read with understanding, it was very interesting, the historical books, the Jews, prophets, Pentateuch, the Gospel, letters, etc.

Heretofore, I've been reading the Bible and all that but I just made out time and was determined to study all the wordings.

Lastly, I urge you to do the same because you will learn a lot.

Anyone who truly reads it up, will leave Christianity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by flairlady(f): 2:32pm On Aug 13, 2017
mmachi96:
I guess u read the back of the BIBLE
Psalms 137:9- he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.
God is the he there and also the most merciful?

That is one of the many absurdities in the bible.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by KinzyeWriter(m): 2:35pm On Aug 13, 2017
flairlady:

Psalms 137:9- he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.
God is the he there and also the most merciful?

That is one of the many absurdities in the bible.
I like your ways o, What is your belief, if I may ask ?
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by piagetskinner(m): 2:36pm On Aug 13, 2017
Loonyy:
I don't know what you aim to achieve by reading the whole Bible, Christianity as it is today is full of crappie folks wanting to do things that please the flesh, serving their master the devil thinking they are serving GOD. one thing I know is the bible is put together based on activities of men( prophets and apostles) and God . these men distinguish themselves in their ages and God used them for his work. Seriously service to GOD is in Hearing. so let's pray for our eyes and ears to be open so as to hear from GOD and stop living by the revelations of others

service to God is in reading hearing and doing...u must have these 3 or else you're just wasting your time and playing religion...

religion will take many people to hell...
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by ikorodureporta: 2:38pm On Aug 13, 2017
I read it with important key points written in my jotter. Social media arguments motivated me in reading it
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by flairlady(f): 2:42pm On Aug 13, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
I like your ways o, What is your belief, if I may ask ?
I am not sure,but I used to believe in the bible.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by KinzyeWriter(m): 3:21pm On Aug 13, 2017
flairlady:

I am not sure,but I used to believe in the bible.
hmmm, More like me though grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by Rapture4real(m): 4:04pm On Aug 13, 2017
Many times with a one year reading plan
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by bloodofthelamb(m): 4:24pm On Aug 13, 2017
THERE IS NO LIFE IN THE BIBLE[SCRIPTURE]..COME TO CHRIST JESUS AND RECEIVE LIFE..AMEN..THE BIBLE IS A SIGNPOST TO CHRIST JESUS.. YOU CAN BE FAMILIAR WITH THE SCRIPTURE AND STILL BE MISERABLE IN LIFE.
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by expozey(f): 4:46pm On Aug 13, 2017
malvisguy212:
you need a serious Bible lesson .

1.it was through Abraham that God promised to multiply his seed , in other word, just as God use prophet to deliver his message, He use Israel to reach out to the rest of mankind.

2. in the old testament, they live in the despensation of the law , and when you break the law, you face the God of justice, Israel too face the wrath of God when they break the law. the purpose of this law to contrast our holiness with that of God and show how weak man his. but in the new testament, THE WRATH OF GOD IS FULFILLED. “‘The day will come,’ says the Lord, ‘when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and Judah. . . . But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day,’ says the Lord. ‘I will put my law in their minds, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people’” (Jeremiah 31:31, 33). Jesus Christ came to fulfill the Law of Moses (Matthew 5:17) and to establish the New Covenant between God and His people. The Old Covenant was written in stone, but the New Covenant is written on our hearts.

3. indeed , Jesus fulfilled the old testament prophecy of love, that was when the DESPENSATION OF GRACE BEGINS.

4. who is the holy spirit ? active force or a person ?
cc benodic

How did the other nations (whom God punished through Israel) break the law, seeing that they neither knew nor recognised the deity Israel worshipped?
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by malvisguy212: 5:01pm On Aug 13, 2017
expozey:

How did the other nations (whom God punished through Israel) break the law, seeing that they neither knew nor recognised the deity Israel worshipped?
the atheists would want to defend their argument by saying the people God destroyed are good people. but this is what the bible say:

"It is not for your righteousness or for the uprightness of your heart that you are going to possess their land, but it is because of the wickedness of these nations that the LORD your God is driving them out before you, in order to confirm the oath which the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. (Deuteronomy 9:5 )

now, how wicked are this nation ?
"You shall not behave thus toward the LORD your God, for every abominable act which the LORD hates they have done for their gods; for they even burn their sons and daughters in the fire to their gods. (Deuteronomy 12:31 )

So we see that these people are not quite as innocent as the atheists would like you to believe. The fact that these people practiced child sacrifice is also confirmed in the secular writings of the Greeks. 4 Then again, maybe those atheists believe that killing your children is not all bad. After all, killing viable pre-born babies is not that bad according to atheists.

In order to maintain His righteousness, God must judge sin - everything that goes against His character. If God let everyone into heaven , then He would have to allow in people such as Stalin and Hitler.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by expozey(f): 5:11pm On Aug 13, 2017
My question was, how were they to know they were doing wrong when they had no knowledge of the law according to Israel's God? It's not as if the Israelites were a 'righteous' people before being chosen

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by bolliejay(m): 6:17pm On Aug 13, 2017
Yeah. I read the Bibe twice a year ( easy with my one year plan)
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 13, 2017
kevoh:

1. Please, define what you mean by good?
2. Since the things you learnt are numerous, please list at least 5 ''numerous lessons" that are unique to the Bible, helpful to humans and that you can not get in any other book compilation/teachings except the Bible.

I think "good" is self explanatory and that is the best lesson from the Bible from my own point of view, to expatiate more on that, most of the problems faced by people in the Bible is due to misconduct, disobedience, et al. However, if they had comported themselves, those series of calamities wouldn't have befallen on them. In other words, it would have averted them those dangers and sufferings.

So like I said, it's in a nutshell, and from the way you are sounding, are trying to insinuate that nothing can be learnt from the Bible?

In addition, just like I stated in my write up, I read across histories, maps with distances trodden by Jesus and others, Persian Empire, Roman Empire which encompasses Greece and Israel, links between some cultures, etc. It's really numerous my dear.

Albeit, there are other books that can contain some exerpts from the Bible, I am not in doubt.
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 13, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Anyone who truly reads it up, will leave Christianity.

Hail NO, it even reinforced my union with christianity, my dear. Like one of the comments, one need some level of understanding and maturity before embarking on studying it. In fact, calling on the Holy spirit to teach you. Not one of the books read like novel or story book.
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by smasher1(m): 7:36pm On Aug 13, 2017
Five times and reading the sixth time

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 13, 2017
achidisucre:

Hail NO, it even reinforced my union with christianity, my dear. Like one of the comments, one need some level of understanding and maturity before embarking on studying it. In fact, calling on the Holy spirit to teach you. Not one of the books read like novel or story book.

Ezekeiel 16:49-50 :"Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen."

God states clearly that he destroyed Sodom's sins because of their pride, their excess of food while the poor and needy suffered; sexual activity is not even mentioned.
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 13, 2017
achidisucre:

Then u didn't read it.

it's really funny how u people claim that the holy spirit speaks to u... lmao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Questions For Atheists!!! / Destination Of Sin By Pastor Adeboye / "APC Running Nigeria As Muslim Organization, Marginalising Christians" - CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.