Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,697 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? (10668 Views)

Have You Read The Bible From Genesis To Revelation In A Year Before? / Let's Study The Bible Daily And Finish It In One Year! / Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by remsonik(f): 9:10am On Aug 13, 2017
Yes I have read it 3 times now. My first reading was when I was a teenager. Will take my fourth reading next year January

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by OBIGS(m): 9:10am On Aug 13, 2017
Only new testament
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by aku626(m): 9:11am On Aug 13, 2017
Reading is easy, but very few has studied the book from top to bottom.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by Yazmin: 9:12am On Aug 13, 2017
Yes I have...

But then I woke up to realise it was only a dream.

Would try again before the year runs out though...

Shallom....!
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by Iamsammy(m): 9:14am On Aug 13, 2017
Yap buh like a novel tho, Jah save my soul
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 13, 2017
Yes I have done that twice

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 13, 2017
achidisucre:
By God's grace the Bible is one of the books I have to my credit. I started it on 4th April and finished on 11th August, this year.

I read with understanding, it was very interesting, the historical books, the Jews, prophets, Pentateuch, the Gospel, letters, etc.

Heretofore, I've been reading the Bible and all that but I just made out time and was determined to study all the wordings.

Lastly, I urge you to do the same because you will learn a lot.
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by Muksodiq(m): 9:16am On Aug 13, 2017
KweenAngela:
What have you actually learnt

Lots of contradictions
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 13, 2017
remsonik:
Yes I have read it 3 times now. My first reading was when I was a teenager. Will take my fourth reading next year January
was feeling like​ a champion when I read it twice.,. Weldon ma.. more grease
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by bomsilaga(m): 9:19am On Aug 13, 2017
Read several times.
On one of those times, I was lead to draw up a genealogy tree of all names in the bible. I was fascinated to see that blessings and curses actually transferred even to generations yet unborn.
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by KinzyeWriter(m): 9:19am On Aug 13, 2017
benodic:
@ malvisguy212

and you need an open mind and an open heart. two very important ingredients for spiritual growth.

@ cyborg123

the Jews whom the old testament is about do not believe Jesus is the one the prophecy is about because so far as they are concerned their war mongering god will send them a general who will liberate them from the Romans and not someone who will ask them to turn the other cheek. The Catholic Church were the ones who gave those interpretations after choosing the books they want to make up the Bible.

@ achidisucre

ECKANKAR has its own Holy book called The Way of The Eternal.

ECKANKAR is a religion of its own. It is the path to Spiritual Freedom. The Religion of the Light and Sound of God. Light and Sound being the means through the Holy Spirit, the pure essence of God, manifests to Soul. example is the sound of the wind and the light that appeared as tongues of fire during the pentecost. Contact with the Holy Spirit leads you to all truth. ECKANKAR presents the truth as it is, removed from all social trappings, dogma, politics or traditional cultures and speaks directly to Soul which we all are.

We don't work with believe but rather with knowingness. we know that Jesus Christ is a Spiritual Master of the Christ Level of Consciousness and he is still very active in the inner planes ready to teach any Soul who have developed enough spiritual disciplines to meet with him in the inner worlds. Just like other Spiritual Masters.
The Spiritual Masters do not quarrel or compete amongst themselves to showcase who is greater than the other. only the ignorant followers who are under the influence of the ego do so. when you are able to move into the inner planes in full consciousness, you will see these things for yourself. and when you have experienced them, the arguments on who is right or wrong ends. you become a love driven soul and all you care for is to care for and love your fellow souls despite differences in race, language or religion. then your journey back to your true home in the abode of God truly begins.
Wow

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by samwash(m): 9:20am On Aug 13, 2017
@OP, study d Bible.
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by Loonyy(m): 9:22am On Aug 13, 2017
I don't know what you aim to achieve by reading the whole Bible, Christianity as it is today is full of crappie folks wanting to do things that please the flesh, serving their master the devil thinking they are serving GOD. one thing I know is the bible is put together based on activities of men( prophets and apostles) and God . these men distinguish themselves in their ages and God used them for his work. Seriously service to GOD is in Hearing. so let's pray for our eyes and ears to be open so as to hear from GOD and stop living by the revelations of others

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by holocron: 9:23am On Aug 13, 2017
cyborg123:
benodic, you said:

3. For the first time in the New testament, Jesus presented a picture of a loving God to the Jews which was quite alien to them as they preferred their war mongering god which led to them crucifying Jesus

Now, why would the war mongering God inspire his own prophets to prophesy about Jesus as seen in the OLD testament?

You know that jesus did not fit the mould of the messiah prophesied in the old testament, and that was why the jews rejected him! The jews are still expecting and waiting for that prophesied messiah to this day. The jewish messiah is a conquering warrior that is supposed to liberate and ensconce the jews to the position of the leading nation of the world.

In other words, the old testament never predicted Jesus, it prophesied something else.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by kevoh(m): 9:25am On Aug 13, 2017
achidisucre:

Dey r numerous, in a nutshell, being good.
1. Please, define what you mean by good?
2. Since the things you learnt are numerous, please list at least 5 ''numerous lessons" that are unique to the Bible, helpful to humans and that you can not get in any other book compilation/teachings except the Bible.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 13, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

eckankar is not a Christian denomination. it's not even an Abrahamic religion.

it's kinda similar to the grail message.

Eckankar has no connection with the Grail Message. Please say what you know.
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by walls01: 9:32am On Aug 13, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
I have, I like reading myths and bible fits it perfectly

what book do we find the fact about life?
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by elderhimself(m): 9:32am On Aug 13, 2017
Reading the bible and Studying the bible from cover to cover are two different things.
"Reading" the bible is like reading a book of stories without making any exceptional or extra-ordinary meanings out of it.
"Studying" the bible is reading the bible while trying to understand the both coded and "un-coded" messages that comes with it.

lets put it this way....
Reading= James Hadley Chase
Studying= Shakespeare

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by walls01: 9:35am On Aug 13, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
Yes, My Brain, My Reasoning. embarassed

even your brain has limit it can reason. now reason this, in the beginning what happened?
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by MEILYN(m): 9:35am On Aug 13, 2017
Yes..
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 13, 2017
Yes. Twice.
Study to show yourself approved.......
And take up the shield of faith, the sword of the spirit

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by godquality: 9:35am On Aug 13, 2017
Wey the Bible no be novel or football magazine. grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by hopefulLandlord: 9:36am On Aug 13, 2017
walls01:

what book do we find the fact about life?

no such book exists, we all discover facts as we go, that's why yesterday's "facts" can be tomorrow's myths cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by KinzyeWriter(m): 9:37am On Aug 13, 2017
walls01:

even your brain has limit it can reason. now reason this, in the beginning what happened?
In the beginning of what?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by walls01: 9:38am On Aug 13, 2017
EricBloodAxe:
I sleep from the beggining...such a boring book embarassed

you need motivation
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by walls01: 9:39am On Aug 13, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
In the beginning of what?

how did the universe begin?
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by walls01: 9:41am On Aug 13, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

no such book exists, we all discover facts as we go, that's why yesterday's "facts" can be tomorrow's myths cheesy

true, but when it comes to life each new fact only sound more stupid. take evolution as an example
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by KinzyeWriter(m): 9:41am On Aug 13, 2017
walls01:

how did the universe begin?
How do you expect me to know this when I am not a scientist? abi what?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by hopefulLandlord: 9:43am On Aug 13, 2017
walls01:

true, but when it comes to life each new fact only sound more stupid. take evolution as an example

evolution is a fact right now, that's why most Christian scientists in developed countries no longer believe the creation stories of Adam and Eve to be literal, they now say its allegorical also evolution sounds more plausible than talking donkeys, talking snakes and Virgin birth

also I do not subscribe to evolution cuz I lack the knowledge needed to understand it properly

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by walls01: 9:45am On Aug 13, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
How do you expect me to know this when I am not a scientist? abi what?

even scientists don't know. do not act like man can reason everything with his brain
Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by KinzyeWriter(m): 9:46am On Aug 13, 2017
walls01:

even scientists don't know. do not act like man can reason everything with his brain
Yes but we have the brain power to reason when something does not go well with common sense

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Read The Bible From The Start To The Finish? by Shafiiimran99: 9:48am On Aug 13, 2017
achidisucre:
By God's grace the Bible is one of the books I have to my credit. I started it on 4th April and finished on 11th August, this year.

I read with understanding, it was very interesting, the historical books, the Jews, prophets, Pentateuch, the Gospel, letters, etc.

Heretofore, I've been reading the Bible and all that but I just made out time and was determined to study all the wordings.

Lastly, I urge you to do the same because you will learn a lot.
Have u ever see church that use song of solomon in sunday services?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

" Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? / Salvation Ministries’ World’s Largest Church Auditorium Reaches Roofing Stage / The Rapture : The Glorious Return Of Our Lord - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.