Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,945 members, 7,810,616 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Welcome To My House - Properties (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Welcome To My House (45446 Views)

DIY Construction Of My House In PH. / The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House / The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 5:04am On May 25, 2010
Mornin peeps,gr8 9t?@blacksta, doesnt havta b all woe.we jst share stories, wateva form.more lyk a family.wlcm to 'our' house.axey,ijo,k2,bisowo,icey,na lie i talk?
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 5:06am On May 25, 2010
Mornin peeps,gr8 9t?@blacksta, doesnt havta b all woe.we jst share stories, wateva form.more lyk a family.wlcm to 'our' house.axey,ijo,k2,bisowo,icey, k na lie i talk?@phummy,we dnt wanna w8 in vain 4 ur gist,
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 8:29am On May 25, 2010
maskuraid:

Mornin peeps,gr8 9t?@blacksta, doesnt havta b all woe.we jst share stories, wateva form.more lyk a family.wlcm to 'our' house.axey,ijo,k2,bisowo,icey, k na lie i talk?@phummy,we dnt wanna w8 in vain 4 your gist,

@masky

na true u talk my broda. ,morning all. here for manchester wey i dey summer don reach ooo, na so so short knicker, and bikini people dey wear up and down as all dem oyinbo see it as opportunity to tan themselves and as usual my jobless, womanising nigerian guys see as opportunity to catch babes. all they do is go to a place called piccadilly gardens and there you can make ur choice, fat, thin, old, young, russian, african, you name it there are there. as for me oooo, i no get time, as usual my boring life till i land my beloved naija again in 1 months time.
peace to all.
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 9:16am On May 25, 2010
@ masky: no be lie my broda
@ axey: lol. it's good sha. make person no go fall for last minute temptation (have u noticed how they're usually the worst?)

@ all
we finally got rid of the last of the witches' children in our transformer (i hope) cool cool cool. see light last night till this morning. my a/c finally got to see some action - tell me why i shouldn't be in a good mood! grin. my water pump is working now (yay!!). amazing. i suffer o! chei! incidentally i used the plumber again (chima) and he even brought a temp in the meantime. all i can say is 'professional'. big ups.

have a good day y'all! wink
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 11:33am On May 25, 2010
@icey

my sister u correct well well. all i do is just marvel jare. na dem sabi. lol. temptation ke, my own power pass their power. guess work dey go fine and good to hear your house is back to full function again. lol

anyway wen i got back my employers come dey halla me say they call my number and it was rinign internation ringing soun. i just take technology finish them. dem come say make i bring sick note as per sharp guy just go meet my doctor expaling all to am, sharp sharp the guy guy me sick note.
but nevertheless i still get disciplinary sha as per i no follow correct procedure i suppose dey call them every morning before 10am but 3times i called after 10am so just to discuss that issue and see how them go fit help me incase the imaginary eewo comes along again. lol.
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 7:08am On May 26, 2010
@all

hello peeps! its a cold morning here! hmmmm, lasgidi 2010 i cant wait . i've started my movement plans o! Transport company is asking for 200k to move my stuffs (i go abandon the load for here o!!!). light issue here, no change despite the gas turbine wey oga jona commission for here.

@dudu,

this thread na international thread o. feel free to share you stories!

@masky

the only declared landlord!!! i hail o!
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 8:12am On May 26, 2010
^^ we dey jare, yapa full ground cool cool. no shaking. let's go lagos 2010 grin

200k? dem no kuku carry all the property as payment? dem no well! although i'm not sure i know what a reasonable price would be
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 8:26am On May 26, 2010
@ijoseda from which country to what country dem wan collect 200k. u fit even arrange bus, move ya thing yaself ooo. afterall na pickup or danfo go carrry the thing. or better moving companies fit don dey lagos now sha.

good morning to you all. live and direct from manchester.
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 8:38am On May 26, 2010
@axey

i suppose enter york for sept. i have a seminar to attend there. we'll gist about that later grin grin grin
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 5:11am On May 27, 2010
Ijo my guy,200k for wetin?ur load na mountain?abeg kukuma sell every buy motor drive down.@axey,u beta confess,saw u on sky wiv a coupla hotties!king where u dey?@ice,sope ti e joo.enjoy every b4 d next episode:-)
Re: Welcome To My House by Bisowo(f): 5:25pm On May 27, 2010
N200k to move house from P/H to Lagos! That means say dem don hit jackpot now. Abeg ma brother, don't mind them o. Make sure you ask round very well. I'm sure you'll be able to get someone who'll be less greedy and demand for something far more reasonable.

@ All. I have an issue on my mind for some time now. Don't know what to do about the problem, and it's really bothersome. I'll be back!
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 9:14pm On May 27, 2010
Bisowo:

N200k to move house from P/H to Lagos! That means say dem don hit jackpot now. Abeg ma brother, don't mind them o. Make sure you ask round very well. I'm sure you'll be able to get someone who'll be less greedy and demand for something far more reasonable.

@ All. I have an issue on my mind for some time now. Don't know what to do about the problem, and it's really bothersome. I'll be back!

you are welcome to share anything with us. we are all one big happy family.

@all

i dey count 37days left for me to enter naija again ooo. na wao . kingboy i no make am last time VUT this time around i go make sure say we hook up.
Re: Welcome To My House by SethCohen1: 11:13pm On May 27, 2010
good day house:

Just want to inquire about Lawyer's whereabouts. He seems awfully quiet these days on Nairaland properties and we dont seem to see the articles or advices he normally dishes out on a daily basis. Is he okay or is he angry with anybody here or just ignoring us? Normally he would be here giving us one tip or the other on how to prevent land frauds but its as if he just disappeared and alot of charlatants have taken over in the property forum. I log into the property forum to read his blogs and his advices but they seem scarce these days and i will like to know why. He is truely one of the nicest and most trustworthy Nigerians online today and it will be a shame if he ran away because of one odd reason or the other

please assist if you have any link or reason why he is AWOL from us!
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 1:47pm On May 28, 2010
Hello everybody, guess you guys are all looking 4ward to the long weekend starting from today anyway wished mine was as well but my own weekend doesnt start till 2moro. sure u all doing good and great. have a good friday and good weekend in advance.
Re: Welcome To My House by Bisowo(f): 8:24pm On May 28, 2010
Seth Cohen:

good day house:

Just want to inquire about Lawyer's whereabouts. He seems awfully quiet these days on Nairaland properties and we dont seem to see the articles or advices he normally dishes out on a daily basis. Is he okay or is he angry with anybody here or just ignoring us? Normally he would be here giving us one tip or the other on how to prevent land frauds but its as if he just disappeared and alot of charlatants have taken over in the property forum. I log into the property forum to read his blogs and his advices but they seem scarce these days and i will like to know why. He is truely one of the nicest and most trustworthy Nigerians online today and it will be a shame if he ran away because of one odd reason or the other

please assist if you have any link or reason why he is AWOL from us!

Honestly, I'm beginning to think it's becoming a little risky talking of the Mod's silence in the face of the chaos we're currently experiencing in Properties. A similar complaint was raised in Ihebrookes thread on Architectural Masterpiece, and immediately, the topic was un-stickied. Methinks that was no co-incidence!

Anyway, if lawyer chooses to continue ignoring Properties section, and practically allowing it to be taken over by charlattans, even though I'm quite sure it's not true to his character, then it's his choice to make. He's an adult afterall.

@ All, yes, I get something to talk, but make I keep am now, cos it's late and I gat to prepare dinner for my family.

Will spill it out shortly. See ya all soon!
Re: Welcome To My House by lawyer(m): 10:30pm On May 28, 2010
@ Mr seth! Thanks but no thanks for your comments

Everyday i come to the property section at least 15 times a day to know whats going on, so i am around. My present hiatus and silence on this forum is for a reason and i will reveal it when i am ready. As a moderator my sole job is to weed out intruders and organize the forum. I am not to give out advises or write blogs. I did all that because of the need to inform and educate people for their own benefits but such privileges have been abused by so many Nairalanders personally, so i have decided to just concentrate on moderating quietly alone and nothing more.

I will not ban an agent or poster just because he is posting multiple properties for sale or lease. Not because i made the forum interesting by posting articles and spicing it up with the latest property tips and guidelines, should that now mean that is the way the property forum should be. I met it in this stage, i tried to butter it up and make it attractive, i was shut down by a lot of people calling me names for no reason and while i was helping people, they choose to use me like a wet rag to achieve their selfish aims and leave me out hanging dry. I ended up seeing my errors in trying to be the angel in the midst of devils and come to the conclusion if you cant beat them you join them. So dont worry about me! I am just doing my job as a moderator and nothing more. Its not my duty to post articles of help anymore or to assist people when no body assists me. So if you choose to make it a boring place without articles, it really has nothing to do with me anymore. Others can pick up the gauntlet and continue from where i stopped.

@Bisowo

I unsticked the architectural topic because it has passed its due date for a sticky topic as recommended by the admin. Nobody told me to make a sticky and nobody told me to remove it for what so ever reason. A sticky is meant to bring awareness to a good topic hidden and for the readers to follow it through at a later date based on its prominence but it is not a right for it to up be there for so long. So there is no malice or what so ever as you erroneously insinuated. Its a free forum and your entitled to exercise your rights to free speech
Re: Welcome To My House by Bisowo(f): 8:42pm On May 29, 2010
What happened to my post? I did post a rejoinder to lawyer's explanatilon this morning undecided
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 9:49am On May 30, 2010
RV Persie:

Abeg you guys should stop criticizing lawyer jare for no reason. I used to read these horrible comments about him on Nairaland and i contacted him to register a company for me. I haven't met a more professional and helpful person other than him and if one goes about listening to all this crap people write about Lawyer, i dont think anyone would have anything to do with him. He was very patient and courteous with me and assisted me all along and i have no doubt when am ready to buy a land or house that i already know who i am going to deal with. Stop badmouthing lawyer for crissakes when you dont know him angry

Think you are on the wrong thread. on this particular thread noone as far as i can see is boudmouthing to criticizing him on here, infact i have had the opportunity of speaking to him over the phone on one or 2 occassion and never met someone willing to help a total stranger. pls move this to the appropriate thread as we wouldnt want this particular thread to turn to something else. thanks.
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 4:39pm On May 30, 2010
@AXEY

, seconded o!
make the guy move on. na wrong thread e dey. we no get time to dey badmouth anyone here o!
except the guy get him area gist for us! wink
Re: Welcome To My House by Bisowo(f): 6:33pm On May 30, 2010
Thirded tongue

@ Lawyer. Anyway, no stress at all. I believe you're as nice as people have been saying on here, and no one is honestly trying to bad-mouth you. Perhaps, it all boils down to the frustration we feel cos peeps can no longer enjoy the goodies you were dishing as before. Nevertheless, it's still your decision, and who am I not to respect it. I'm sure when you're good and ready, you'll come out of your shell. Meanwhile, abeg, don't let it be too long, cos yours truly really misses those tips and guidelines! Cheers!

@ All, happy Sunday. Was out virtually all day today, from Church to family meeting. The way to my Church in Otta through Sango is a nightmare! These days, I appreciate Fashola more than ever before for what he's doing in Lagos. I mean, as soon as you hit the toll gate, the roads become horrible. The bridge at Sango has been abandoned now for many years. To drive from the toll gate to Sango could take anything from 20 mins upwards, a journey which should ordinarily not take more than 5 minutes. Indiscipline is the bane of motorists there; in fact you get the feeling that you're in a different environment already, even though, it's the same stretch of road from Lagos.

Trying to bypass this logjam will further land you in greater mess as the inner-town roads are anything but better. Those roads have turned to gutters for real sad Pot-holes? Nah! Too decent! I mean here, you're talking of holes as large craters! The markets are so dirty, and just as we used to witness in Lagos, market people still display their wares along the roads, making a terrible situation even worse! And no one seems to care lipsrsealed
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 8:06pm On May 30, 2010
@bisowo

sounds very interesting mabie u need to be making use of a 4x4 for the road if its as bad as u described it, as for me personally, i dont see anything taking me as far as those areas oooo, wont go there for anything, the other day i went to meiran sef i didnt complain as the road was smooth throughout, so no qualms. bad road is a general thing in lagos but BRF is really trying and improving the LASG roads, Federal govt needs to come out and take resppnsibility to repair their own part of the road, but i guess they wont as election don dey near so make we see wetin go happen.

we still dey wait for that ur juicy jist ooo. anyway sha we are staying tuned. lol. Happy sunday

@ijoseda

wetin dey happen brother, how is the movement going and hope u av been able to find less expensive and reliable firm to do the movin for you.
Happy sunday.
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 8:33pm On May 31, 2010
hey guys i am in 110% support of the man saying, we have not badmouth all the landlords?(except masky) in our neighbourhood na lawyer we go come dey bad mouth na na na.

Masky
thanks for asking after me,plenty of love

axey
d way u dey sound dey do me like say u no wan com bak 9ja, we need you back home

ijoseda
wana believe u hav gotten a betta deal, when i was to relocate from Kano to Lagos i gave out most of my belongings except for electronics but the difference btw you and i was that my family were in Lagos so what i have
will not be compared to that of yours.to me the 200k is too much,, think

Bisowo
where is the gist,we are ;loosing our appetite
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 8:37pm On May 31, 2010
All
see it is raining when peeps are planning to resume work tomorrow
sleep early and wake up early 2morow is anoda day
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 1:31am On Jun 01, 2010
@kingboy

who tell you say i no wan come back 9ja, by the special grace of God, insha allah, first flight wey dey leave manchester july 4th, na im i dey follow come lagos.

na wao for thos rain wey dey fall ooo, some places i hear sef don dey flodded already ooo, my street road sef for don worse well well now, as the rain dey very heavy to the extent of entering peoples house. anyway i trust my 9ja peeps, na anoda excuse to spend 1 more extra day for house all inn the name of flood. lol.

@kingboy

make u do quick buy that sienna ooo, make we for wash am. lol. abi u tink say i no go know say my broda wan buy moto. lol
Re: Welcome To My House by joj123(f): 12:18pm On Jun 01, 2010
Please, can you help me with the cost of roofing a 4-bedroom bungalow?
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 6:33pm On Jun 01, 2010
axeybaba,
i knew u r one of dem ss, ,secre, age, ,alq, ,fb, ,ci,
i was not surprised you knew,when i saw your respond in the auto thread(larry4show)i say my guy is at it ooooooo.
guy ii wan buy but my budget no reach wetin dem dey call(werin i go do).i need it for the family BADLY.

ABOUT 9JA EFRYBODY DEY WAIT FOR UR RETURN
Re: Welcome To My House by Sequoia(m): 7:47pm On Jun 01, 2010
@all,

nice thread you got going here. not seen a thread this cordial in along while. waited to finish reading all 21 pages before posting a comment.

moved to Obawole area end of march this year and it has just been okay. guess that makes me a not-too-close neighbour of axeman and kingboy.

had to look for a place after staying at ojota for 26 years, and the search was horrible. tyring to balance cost, nice apartment, good amenities was a long thing.

agents dont make it any easier. saw so may shitholes that go for houses that i begin to wonder if agents have hearts, or if they live in refuse dumps.

anyway, obawole is okay, access roads are bad (i.e. powerline road, d road from haruna and old akute road). light used to be regular between midnight and 6.00 am until some of d withes got tired of icey's and masky's transformer and invaded the nepa phcn office. sometimes d witches just decide to play with the light switch by turning it off every five minutes and one time, they caused one of the nepa men to travel to his village with the key to the switch-room in his pocket for five days.

my house has a borehole and an underground reservoir but last week after the heavy rains of the week before, the planks supporting the water-tank gave way and we have been without water flowing in the house for five days. at least the water in the reservoir comes to the rescue. unfortunately i don't know what our landlady is doing about it as i have had to be closing late from work and we can't be discussing such matters early momo.

should have house-searched in the rainy season, as just realized that water comes into the house through the kitchen door. have not had time to find a solution to that though.

security is good, just the neighbor upstairs and the landlady's family in the duplex in-front. everybody's got a key to the gate so can come in and go out anytime. street's got a gate that closes from 12.00 - 5.00 am and that is a problem as i have had to get home between 12.30 - 1.00 am on some number of occasions.

i should get to enjoy the house a little more, if only the job would permit me to close at the hours sane people do.

glad to be a part of WTMH!
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 8:11pm On Jun 01, 2010
sequy
hey that sound girlish,hope u dont mind me calling you seki sequy cheesy.u r very much welcome to wtmh the people's parliament where u allowed to speak ur mind.
obawole is not bad my inlaws just move in to obawole i.e after k's farm,the crib is like dem houses in the movies,mikano gen for the tenants,water heater in each of the rooms,marble floors,separate staircase,men the list is endless.wanna believe that ur crib will be mouth watering.
its good to know that all is experiencing same thing except masky baba d official landlord amidst tenents on wtmh andhe is never intimdated(wave ur flag)
Axey
we don dey full ground for wtmh,icey started it and we are rocking it which side is the best side OURSIDE(ogba,obawole,haruna(we are , arughhhhhh)

masky,icey were u at
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 9:55pm On Jun 01, 2010
@sequi guy

welcome to the most intresting and living thread in property section. obawole ke, its not too far from my area as i live jst after haruna junction ooo, and yes traffic dey bad dat area if rain falls i presume due t the bad road. as per plansk giving way it also happened in my house as well, i live on the ground floor so the day the plank gave way like this it was like 6am, all the 3 water tanks broke with heavy force and all the water pour, all the neighbours including landlord came putside ooo, na only me no gree come outside, wey light dey and ac and fan dey work like magic. me jst dey dey sleep dey go. but we were lucky they sell water next door so na to dey arrange our aboki go buy water come for us ni oo. but apart from that the area i guess is a good area and traffic no dey oo nad at all sef apart from when it rains i presume. all the same welcom to WTMH.

@kingboy

that ur inlaws go dey pay money well well for there ooo. no worry jare dat meeting wey no hold last time go hold this time around. on scouts honour. lol. no worry jare God go balance am up for you my broda. it is well.
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 5:25am On Jun 02, 2010
Mornin pples,bn about a bit so pardon my prodigality!wknd was bam.ijo,make i giv u somtin wey my g'pa dey take travel,e b lyk magic.bisowo,nack us d tori, king,we share d same mind,gotta hustle harder to get somtin lyk dt 4 d family, may b a chevy sef.mama icey,ur boi's loyal.wia is ilugunboy?nice day pples.
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 7:37am On Jun 02, 2010
good morning WTMH,
its gonna be a great day efry efry pls read isiah 54 oooo

axey
men i can wait for the mirracle so that i can put this thing behind me

masky
nice to hear from you,ya family gat to enjoy the reward of the work(leaving home early and getting back late,no be yoke ooo)

ijo
how far with packing?

bisowo
we go loose apetite as per the gist

mama icey
werin dey sele for ya side

All
have a great a day and be blezd.
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 8:36am On Jun 02, 2010
@masky

no worry BABA go crown all you effort with success jare Amin. guess all dey go well for the home front .

@ijo

hope say the week dey go bam bam and the moving peeps dey arrange demself well.

@kingboy
no worry jare, God go do am, before u know wetin dey happen di pepper don complete. isiah 54 hmmmm well i go check am out make i for start my day with bible quotes by Rev kingboy. lol

@bisowo
this jist don dey too cold oooo, biko, release am sharp sharp, ma je ki a wa wo idi eee oooo. lol

@icey
were u for dey ooo, abi you sef don busy soteee you don forget you family wey dey WTMH on nairaland. biko leave post make we for know say u dey well and make we know say the rain wey fall 2days ago never carry you waka ooo, becos i hear say na serious rain ooo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply)

Nigerian Homes Made Of Plastic Bottles And Mud / 10 Omonilelawyer’s Rules On What You MUST Do Before You Buy A Land Or House / Price Of Pop Ceiling Material In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.