Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,381 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Welcome To My House - Properties (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Welcome To My House (45443 Views)

DIY Construction Of My House In PH. / The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House / The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My House by Bisowo(f): 12:43pm On Jun 02, 2010
Nice cool day here. Love the rain!

Sequy, you're welcome to WTMH! Hope you'll have great fun.

Mask, nice to hear again from you. Abeg no mind the bad-belle people wey no dey allow you browse in the office. E go better.

Kingboy, I love that Bible chapter!

Axeman, hope you're doing fine in Manchester. I know you're longing to return ASAP. Not to worry. That day will soon be here. And please don't return empty, at least, your people here must get a share of the booty. Me, I love Swiss chocolates.

Ice, wetin dey shele for your side. My sister, I understand, na work dey keep you away. Softly dey do am o. All work and no play,

Ijoseda, how far with the new house.

@ All, the thing on my mind is really not that serious o. I just dey wind you guys. Nice thing sha sey I don succeed to wet una appetite well. Una like tory sha!

Anyway, make I nack am. How do you deal with unwanted visitors? I mean the kain visitors wey 90% of Naija homes no get any option than to live with? Whether you like am or not, they must stay for your house?
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 12:58pm On Jun 02, 2010
@bisowo

no worry jare my sista it is well jare, make BABA keep us all till then jare.

unwanted visitors haaa dat one na different tori entirely but it all depends on the type of visitors ooo. well as for me unwanted visitors and totally unwanted and i will make it known to them ooo. family members have that belief that becos u be deir family they can come and visit or stay at anytime they so wish but its not soo. well if na visitor wey u no fit cope with just manage endure till they leave or better still speak to ur husband about me. as for me. mabie becos i don live for obodo oyinbo, i dont have time for family members coming to visit no matter who they are, max i can let you stay is 1 or 2days and besides i have to be okay with it and so does my madam and if we are not then sorry ooo. you will take the next available bus or okada back to where u r coming from. or i jst leave instructions with my gateman not to let anyone in or better still tell dem say i don travel if hey decide to show up without notice. sjikena.
Re: Welcome To My House by Magirose(f): 2:51pm On Jun 02, 2010
Hello All,

I’ve just been reading your posts here and I find it quite interesting. Although I’ve been reading posts on Nairaland for a few years now but I’ve never been tempted to actually write anything until now, so I’ve just registered to join in!!!

@Iceblue – nice one you got going here. I read your introductory post and the 1st few pages of this post and loved it. I wonder though, you had problems with your water pump in Feb and now it’s May, you’re reporting it’s been fixed (I reckon, again). Na wa o.

@axey – you must enjoy your trips to Naija, hope all’s well at work now.

@Biso – although I’m new, I am def curious to hear your gist too o!
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 3:51pm On Jun 02, 2010
@Magirose

which kain maggi be that dem just introduce am into the marktet. nevertheless . welcome to WTMH .

well icey seems to know much about mechanical stuffs and i wont be suprised if she comes next and say ohhh, i fixed my electric kettle or boiling ring. lo.
well my trips to niaja i dey enjoy am well well oo and infact na work wey i neva see for 9ja na wetin still make me never move down permanently be that oo but i dey shuttle between 9ja and uk so thereofer i dey enjoy every bit of it. work ke, won ni were jare my sista. oba ju oba lo. won ni fe omi battery po tea. lol. all is well jare and getting along as usual . very boring jare. na make this month just finish make i carry my hand luggage dey waka again. lol.

Once again welcome and hope you find your stay on here interesting. so give us jist, were are you, location, landlord,tenant. e.t.c. we are waiting.

Bisowo has laready given her jist already. She said how do you deal with unwanted visitors . i believe she means extended family members.
Re: Welcome To My House by Magirose(f): 4:27pm On Jun 02, 2010
@Axey man – Thanks for welcoming me to WTMH and yes o, ‘magirose’ is the new Maggi in the town, look out for it!
Yes, I just noticed Bisowo’s story. Well, like you, I live in obodo oyinbo, just on the South East from you and today, we’re all smiles as the weather is picking up real good. I don’t think I can comment about thos kind visitors Biso dey talk about as I neva experience them o but don hear about them kind well well. Shame how you have to deal with such guest, I mean, how can you not ask people if it’s convenient for you to visit them?!! 

I’m probably not going to be able to make interesting comment like you guys do on landlords & tenants and so on. I bi my own landlord o, at least for now but ego soon change as my oga go take over soon, lol.  Like you as well, we too don dey consider moving to Naija if something good comes up. If anyone’s told me I would consider doing that like a year ago, I would have said ‘no way babe’ but having visited twice (although very briefly both times) in the last 9 months, I have now changed my mind.
Naija dey sweet for holiday but I no sure about living there.
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 03, 2010
@ all
i dey o! thanks for asking. Apart from a cold, everything has been working out just great. I'm just logging in since my last post. As usual y'all have been keeping the thread nice and sticky  grin

@ Bisowo: immediately i saw your post, all i could think was 'God bless you!' E be like say you know me well well. That felt like a hug this morning. kiss kiss Thanks, but na so i see the work. i'll try  wink wink

@ axey: my personal person! all of us join dey do countdown. we fit do small parry for the matter (do i hear someone sing 'aint no parry like a lagos parry'?)  tongue tongue. u sef be clown! so 3 tanks fall break u no hear anyone?! chei! meanwhile, i could actually fix a boiling ring (kini big deal?  tongue tongue)

@ijo-ya  tongue how far naw? how did u settle your movement matter? gist us when you have the time - it must be a busy period for you.

@ kingboy: bros i hail o! how area? i dey loyal  grin

@sequioa (aka sequy or sekwi  tongue): welcome to WMTH. good one man, quite thorough. the winches for your area dey concentrated o! please see masky for the cure. abeg does anyone know how to apply for one of those new free transformers that fashola is dashing out? too much economic growth is worrying my people, so they're overloading our poor transformer now. BTW, that bros wey carry key go house - heeehhhhnnnnn!!! we go give people transport to go bring am come now!

@maggi-rose: welcome to WTMH! As you can see Lagos isn't doing so badly o! we just pray for continuity. you fit still give us gist abt your area for yonder. we got a new one that time, which broke down again. sad innit? but it's alright now wink
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 03, 2010
@ lawyer: they say the broom is not important but in the morning they will start to look for it. no mind them you don't need to explain yourself to anyone. this thread is a lot like the auto and romance sections - it's impossible to give them a semblance of normalcy. people should start using the search button. that's what it's there for.

BTW how you dey? i dey hail o! your girl is ever loyal! make i remind you say you dey owe us gist. if you've forgotten, our emails of that time that time refers. we dey wait o!

@ all thread derailers: there is something called a 'report' button. we will use it angry angry

masky: the only authentic WTMH landlord complete with a NAFDAC license. i no forget you. where you dey now? you don dey quiet. wetin dey happen? ok we no go worry u to wash house again  cheesy cheesy.
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 03, 2010
@ discussion: what to do with overstaying relatives:

na wa o! i'd love to say i can do what axey does, but i can't say. i can't say i've had relatives do that since i stopped staying at my parents. but i imagine it would be difficult to tell em outright, especially cos i dislike arguments. but i think i'd kick em out eventually.

i think i'd start giving them hints and asking abt their plans for where they're moving to next and stuff. help them facilitate those plans to move. if that doesn't work, i'd have to ask point blnak 'when are you leaving?'. but u know our people now, thick skinned and all.

bisowo, i hope they're not in-laws cos na that one get k-leg
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 3:45pm On Jun 03, 2010
@icey

good to see you are back am sure u dey dey underground dey jolly alone.

@magirose.

well naija sweet well well ooo, i have been there twice this year already and preparing for the 3rd trip to enjoy the full 2weeks to the fullest and at the same time scouting for jobs as well. its really sweet place now apart from the usual traffic and light but apart from that no shaking, when generator dey and enough hangouts spots dey wey person fit relax till traffic reduce jare. am not that good with geography so i know sabi which one be south east ooo. lol.

@icey
well if na inlawas henhen that one get as he be, but my own family well dem no fit try that one with me, person wey try am last time i just give am warning make she no try am again or else wetin i go do go suprise am well well. that is to say, when next am around na strict instructions to my gateman not to allow anybody inside apart from those i tell him am expecting, anyone thats shows up without prior notice or invitation will be refused entry. shikena. i no send anybody ooo, as i never marry i no fit comment on inlaws. but when that time reach na me and my madam go discuss that one and come to an agreement.
@all
make una enjoy wetin remain of the day jare, me wan go make small money for work. have a goood afternoon all.
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 7:24pm On Jun 04, 2010
yeaaaa
thank God its another weekend and rest for some of us,do have yourself a great weekend
Re: Welcome To My House by Sequoia(m): 7:53pm On Jun 04, 2010
Thanks for all the welcome. makes me feel like a part of one big happy family. this kind camaraderie we suppose translate am to the real world.

@overstaying relatives,

still waiting for the reply of the house,
Re: Welcome To My House by Sequoia(m): 7:57pm On Jun 04, 2010
@all,

do have a happy weekend, hope i am able to get out of work soon.

@WTMH

the government or somebody decided to grade the powerline road leading to my lungu and they did that yesterday. the heavy rain early this morning however caused wahala, all cars just dey skid off the road. nobody (except those with 4x4s) could drive up the road this morning as we all had to take other routes, that were only slightly beta. i wonder why what was meant for good so easily changed to bad.
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 12:01am On Jun 05, 2010
@all

overstaying relatives, read them the riot act on the first day of their visit. and let them sign an agreement !!!! lol
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 3:11pm On Jun 05, 2010
ijoseda:

@all

overstaying relatives, read them the riot act on the first day of their visit. and let them sign an agreement !!!! lol

correct my brother. Second that
Re: Welcome To My House by 1ne: 4:42pm On Jun 06, 2010
My people, how una dey? NEPA just dey dash us light no b small thing. Hubby says we should go and remind them they left the switch on,lol.
As per overstaying relatives, never had to deal with that. Only our siblings ever come around and we always know when they are coming and when they will be leaving. I agree with 'read them the riot act on the first day'. People should learn to respect other people's homes and privacy.
Everyone have a great week ahead.
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 6:59pm On Jun 06, 2010
All
hope you had a great weekend and i guess you are preparing for the working week(up super chicken eagle

Talking about outlaws inlaws,wait till untill you have one in distress and you are the only one to turn to and you will know how to read or not to read the riot act,wether we like am or not this is africa remember extended family.My sister in law came from the uk and my house has always been open for her and of couyrse all other inlaws,during her stay i am a total stranger in my house just to avoid contempt and guess what they term it to be that i am proud/rude call it whatever,rthings were done any how of course bro kingboy has got enuff to stomach,pick up fight wit my wifey at ease the list is always endless untill she got herself an apartment grin waoo,
just to cut along thing short i remeber during my growing up days most of froends both male and female will say without a doubt that they will never get married to a family that is trying to meet up in life cos such will kill you and sighted a family that is very rich how they wait for their children to spend holidays at intervals in each others house.
in Africa we cannot run away from this,lets just pray we can handle them when they come.

HAVA A GREAT WEEK AHEAD
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 8:43pm On Jun 06, 2010
@kingboy

weekend dey bam my broda, and i sure say ur own sef dey end well, as una dey prepare fro anoda busy week.

well unwanted guest, my borda me i no get time to dey talk too much story ooo. i cant say much about my womans family BUT my own family, dem sabi me say i no dey entertain rubbish , and i will tell you how it is, it happened to me recently on my last trip to lagos, i allowed the person to stay because it was the 1st time, BUT i made dem understand it is a one off, they should let me know when next they want to come b4 hand and besides i am not always around so therefore, when am around i like my peace and quiet and dont want to see them. if they liked my response to them, i dont care because i have said my own shikena. next trip i leave instruction with my gateman DONT LET ANYBODY IN AND TELL THEM I AM NOT AROUND.
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 07, 2010
morning peeps! my weekend was semi-restful. hope to catch up on that during the week grin grin

i gats agree with kingboy. while you'd want to enjoy your privacy and all, you owe your family some sort of responsibility to help where u can (isn't this what makes africans different from europe in that we're warm-hearted people while they can be cold blooded batards?) it's the abuse that's disturbing, and that's worldwide tongue tongue.

i'm not sure how u can read the riot act to an overstaying relative the first day they get there - they haven't overstayed yet at that point undecided. a relative who shows up unannounced? by all means absolutely! the person go don wait outside for me to come back sotey life go don tire am sef. by the time i come home give am lecture, fear no go gree am think of adding overstaying to the list of offences grin grin grin. but that's all well and good for ur mates/juniors. your seniors nko? how u go do overstaying uncles/aunties?
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 8:58am On Jun 07, 2010
@icey

biko good to hear ur weekend dey semi bam. i beg i beg to differe in regards to your response. ooo. if you are in the position to help then yes BUT that doesnt mean you should keep helping as you also have your own responsibilitites and obligations as well. eg in the family section read the post about a guy who dey take all him money help family, now him wan marry and all he has is 100k.

thats what makes europe or oyinbo more better than us in some ways. because they are family doesnt mean they should become a liability on us. personally i have a younger brother who is always asking for money despite the fact that he is in the army and gets salary there. he gets from parents, from his 2 elder sisters. but he doesnt come near me, simply because i have told him, i am a man who has to look after and prepare form my future so whatver little he has, he should manage as i am keeping the little i have as well for my future and own family when time reach. and same goes for adult which includes the aunties and uncles. as well. anyone wey stay outside go stay outside plenty ppp. becos me wen i leave home i dont get back till 11 or 12pm. so when dem sleep and wake up in the morning, i read them the riot act and shikena , give dem transport fare and drop them at the bus stop. end of. NO ONE IS ABOVE THE RIOT ACT.
Re: Welcome To My House by zap2(m): 11:16am On Jun 07, 2010
@aXEMAN85- U R ONE STRICT GUY O! Is it possible in this nigeria to treat relatives like that? Well i'll prepare myself before the time comes.
It pretty obvious that PHCN forgot to switch off the power more than they left it on. Hope this wont amount to "crazy billing"? Anyway na prepaid my barrack dey use. No shaking!
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 12:10pm On Jun 07, 2010
zap2:

@aXEMAN85- U R ONE STRICT GUY O! Is it possible in this nigeria to treat relatives like that? Well i'll prepare myself before the time comes.
It pretty obvious that PHCN forgot to switch off the power more than they left it on. Hope this wont amount to "crazy billing"? Anyway na prepaid my barrack dey use. No shaking!

My brother it is possible and very very BUT as i said, this is in relation to my own aspect of the family oo, cant say yet about my madam part. but from my side, dem no dey mess up come near my side oo. strict yes. if care is not taken, families can bring someone down. and some families when you need help dem go just dissapoint you to the fullest. i know of people that when they were loaded families never stopped coming to their door step but thwn things changed, you wont see theor brake light again and when you meet them they start saying story some wont even acknowledge you. Abeg as a man or woman when u start aving your family, then they are the most important and should come first before any other person and besides someone cant be too careful about these so called people, you dont know who is who, make dem come drop juju abi jazz for my house or come do amebo go back go dey tell efrybody say na 5k we dey take cook soup for house per day. lol
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 7:12am On Jun 08, 2010
My pples,hw una dey?work has bn drivin me bananas these days affectin my postability.God dey sha.for family wen i no find wey poke nose,o-y-o.thnk heavens i married a lykminded woman.if we no wao see u,nothin u go do.i cover 4 her & she does 4 me.united we enjoy our cocoon.family shld learn to giv elbow room & not choke pple.axey,na 9ja e dey appen,come join d fun.ijo,hw far?ice,biso,maggiknorr,sequi, evry,i dey hail o.
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 7:56am On Jun 08, 2010
good morning all,
africans are different(we are africans africans aughhhhhhhhhhh)
enjopy day at work
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 11:41am On Jun 09, 2010
Morning all. guess you are all busy so make you all take it easy at work and have a good day.
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 5:37pm On Jun 09, 2010
axey
u be pastor oooo, na work dey make me neglect our thread,imagine i dey relief a collegue to the state that i run shift for a week.

where ya all our peeps
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 5:49pm On Jun 09, 2010
axey
u be pastor oooo, na work dey make me neglect our thread,imagine i dey relief a collegue to the state that i run shift for a week.

where ya all our peeps
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 9:03pm On Jun 09, 2010
@kingboy

i am an assistant resident pastor at Sinners chapel, saint bottles cathedral
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 10, 2010
^^^^ TMI! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Welcome To My House by FunmyKemmy(f): 8:47am On Jun 10, 2010
unhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, gbogbo enjoyment chei!
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 5:24am On Jun 11, 2010
Its friday , w'cup starts today, a body is tired, to God b d glory.hws life wit my famous family doin?
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 7:48am On Jun 11, 2010
wc 2010! here it comes!
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 11, 2010
i am def in the right place - i'm not missing any of the world cup opening (i hope). we get one giant screen tv for my office that must not waste o! me i know say na half day we get today. i just dey pray make oga no come work today grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (29) (Reply)

10 Omonilelawyer’s Rules On What You MUST Do Before You Buy A Land Or House / Nigerian Homes Made Of Plastic Bottles And Mud / Price Of Pop Ceiling Material In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.