Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities (27716 Views)

Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria / 12 Less Competitive Courses In Nigerian Institutions You Can Choose From / Which Are The Top Ten Most Competitive Course In Nigeria Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:06am On Aug 13, 2017
Evaberry:
Law

An over hyped profession with no money but where you spend millions in school.

after spending millions to train your child, your child starts earning 15k as a new wig

what a shame what a disgrace

I will never advise anyone to study that wretched course
Law and petroleum engineering are some of the most useless courses to study in the country. In fact any course that doesn't encourage self employment is a "useless" course.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 13, 2017
Evaberry:
Law

after spending millions to train your child, your child starts earning 15k as a new wig

Aunty calm down na, Law , alongside Medicine and The Religious leaders are thought of as the noblest of disciplines, and they still are till today. Apart from the religious businesses, anyone going into law and medical practice to make millions out of, may just end up as a frustrated wannabe.
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by SoulB6: 9:17am On Aug 13, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:
I STUDIED AGRICULTURE THOUGH..
ARE THERE ANY FELLOW "FARMERS" HERE?
LET ME SEE YOU. grin
proudly a farmer, here we are
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by Klins2000(m): 9:19am On Aug 13, 2017
Information and Knowledge Management
should be on the list. Google it if you want to know more about the multidisciplinary field.
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by Rexsul: 9:29am On Aug 13, 2017
Abasstoheeb:
see OP

you don't mention d para medical course

PHYSIOLOGY
ANATOMY
PHYSIOTHERAPY
MED. REHAB
N so on

Even d biochemistry and Nursing you mentioned
re d simplest in Medical courses

I don't know whr you see your list
see ur mouth....so Anatomy and physiology is tougher than biochemistry?.....u f.uck up guy

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by Michael004: 9:31am On Aug 13, 2017
holuwajobar:
There are lot of courses in Nigerian universities but some are more competitive than the other.
How do I know they are competitive? Simple! Take a look at the previous years cut off marks and
You will know what I’m talking about.

Below are the list of competitive courses in Nigeria starting from the least course ;

10. BIOCHEMISTRY

This course is competitive, a lot of candidate prefer to choose this course, why?
Just because they think they can cross over to medicine, Now you see why it is included.

9. COMPUTER SCIENCE

It is now longer a news that we are in the “computer world”.Candidate
choose this course because they believe that there are a lot of opportunities for the courses.

8. ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING

Everybody want to become an engineer one way or the other . As the world is moving fast, so as technology. A lot of opportunity are in engineering, sincerely.

7.POLITICAL SCIENCE

We all know what is going on in Nigeria politics, I should notbe telling you.
Everyboody want to play politics one way or the other. In Nigeria, there are a lot of opportunities
For those who know who (connections).

6. NURSING

Nurse, Nurse! The title sounds good to the ear right? Yeah. Most female candidates will fill in
for nursing , like 60% of them. Nursing is a good course in Nigeria. You don’t have to look for job before
you see one.

5. DENTITSRY AND DENTAL SURGERY :

Due to the limited slot to this course in universities, There is high competition . What do i mean? For example OAU admit only 25 student in this course, UI admit only 40 while some other school admit 10 candidate. Now you should know for yourself.

4. AGRICULTURE

Lately, there have been rise in the cut off mark of any agriculture related courses which means that the number of students applying for these courses are increasing year after year.

3. PETROCHEMICAL ENGINEERING

Everybody wants to work in CHEVRON, NNPC and so on, why? Maybe because of the huge salary and allowances since that is what students pursue. As a result of this, high number of students applyfor this course.

2. LAW

We all what law means. It makes you a lawyer. 90% of art students apply for this course year after year. Maybe because of the respect they earn from people, I just don’t know.

1. MEDICINE & SURGERY

80% of the science students waqnt tobecome doctors maybe becausetheir parents wants them to be, or maybe because of the respect and honour in the course. It shouldn’t be new to you anymore that medicine have the medicine have the highest cut off mark which means it is competitive.

Remember these list are from my research, that is why I clearly state reasons; so if you do agree or you feel the list is not complete. Then you can comment below with your reasons clearly stated.

http://admissiontipz..com/2017/07/top-ten-most-competitive-course-in.html?m=1

Source: www.admissiontipz..com
Do you know the meaning of competitive? Political science, that lazy man course is what you called competitive course. Who and who is competing for it. When your mates are competing for medicine, mechanical engineering, civil, electrical, structural, computer and agricultural engineering and you are mentioning lazy men courses. I just weak for your opinion.
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by Outofsync(m): 9:32am On Aug 13, 2017
pharmacy
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by abimic(m): 9:33am On Aug 13, 2017
Sure this list didn't take Nigerians into consideration, how can list of competitive courses be drawn without accounting, economics, pharmacy, mechanical engineering, funny enough, these courses are in high demand in the market. Who still does petrochemical engineering these days? this op ehn, u could have said chemical, Petroleum, gas engineering to save stress. Even polymer engineering still rates higher than petrochemical.
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by Duru009(m): 9:41am On Aug 13, 2017
Economics is not here!. This is rubbish!
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 13, 2017
Evaberry:
Law

Only in Nigeria
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by Amah91(m): 9:54am On Aug 13, 2017
where are the Maritime Technocrat's?
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by laborious(m): 10:04am On Aug 13, 2017
U. Guys dnt mention education....if there were no teachers nobody can attain those degrees..
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by Justiceleague1: 10:06am On Aug 13, 2017
1. Electrical & Electronics Engineering

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by Sterope(f): 10:30am On Aug 13, 2017
Isn't it cute that you already considered your children to be dummies. What an inspiring mum!smiley

Evaberry:
Law

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by Sterope(f): 10:37am On Aug 13, 2017
Wow, you have missed the purpose of having a degree. I

It is not really about working in that sector. It is about gaining the required skills needed of a higher graduate, which most Nigerian graduates lack anywaysundecided

FYI, law is very much self employable except you are lazy.

tensazangetsu20:

Law and petroleum engineering are some of the most useless courses to study in the country. In fact any course that doesn't encourage self employment is a "useless" course.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by Mindofgrtsuxess(m): 10:45am On Aug 13, 2017
Where una put pure and applied physics?! SMH angryWhere una put pure and applied physics?! SMH
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:54am On Aug 13, 2017
Sterope:
Wow, you have missed the purpose of having a degree. I

It is not really about working in that sector. It is about gaining the required skills needed of a higher graduate, which most Nigerian graduates lack anywaysundecided

FYI, law is very much self employable except you are lazy.

So what are the "skills" required by a higher graduate?
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by LordOfNaira: 10:55am On Aug 13, 2017
obojememe:
if i return to this part of d world ,if i didn't get to study medicine, i would rather not go to uni

I studied medicine. I will like to know why it would be either medicine for you or not going to the university.
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by Nonybest463: 10:55am On Aug 13, 2017
datola:
I beg to disagree. Top 10 most competitive courses in Nigeria, from top to least should look like:

1.Medicine & Surgery

2. Electrical & Electronics Engineering

3. Law

4. Accounting

5. Pharmacy

6. Economics

7. Computer Science

8. Architecture

9. Civil Engineering

10. Chemical/Petroleum Engineering
As far as I'm concerned, chemical engineering is the most competitive engineering course
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by Skyken99(m): 11:06am On Aug 13, 2017
ovadozes:
Here we go again.
Agriculture, nursing and biochemistry are now more competetive that Pharmacy.
Meanwhile where I graduated from, people fail out of pharmacy school and are readily accepted in Biochemistry where they even end up graduting with 2.1
Well, like I said before here we go again

Same applied to medical laboratory science...

OP sef.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by Skyken99(m): 11:11am On Aug 13, 2017
Rexsul:
see ur mouth....so Anatomy and physiology is tougher than biochemistry?.....u f.uck up guy

Lol..

Make una leave this argument joor

They all have there own features

Biochemistry.... *bulky formula... Creb cycle... BEta oxidation......

Anatomy..... Nerves, Veins, arteries.....
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by chukzgerine33(f): 11:11am On Aug 13, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

LET ME SEE YOU. grin
Still studying tho
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by obojememe: 11:53am On Aug 13, 2017
LordOfNaira:

I studied medicine. I will like to know why it would be either medicine for you or not going to the university.
because being a doctor pays well and i don't think one can b jobless for a long time
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by HaneefahRN(f): 12:00pm On Aug 13, 2017
Abasstoheeb:
see OP

you don't mention d para medical course

PHYSIOLOGY
ANATOMY
PHYSIOTHERAPY
MED. REHAB
N so on

Even d biochemistry and Nursing you mentioned
re d simplest in Medical courses

I don't know whr you see your list

Don't say what you don't know just to be seen as bright

Have you gone through Nursing training? If not. Keep quiet.
You can just hail your course and not try and look down on other courses.

Simplest indeed.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by princecool17(m): 12:06pm On Aug 13, 2017
Evaberry:
Law

Millions you say ?
From the first year in a federal university to law school the total cost is not up to a million .
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 13, 2017
YOUR OPINION...
Not entirely true...
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by plantae(m): 12:34pm On Aug 13, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:
LET ME SEE YOU. grin

Here is a fellow farmer. Where did you study agriculture?
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by Alexis11: 12:39pm On Aug 13, 2017
Why not Courses that have higher chances of paying bills immediately after school?

Where is Pharmacy
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by CAPSLOCKED: 1:03pm On Aug 13, 2017
plantae:

Here is a fellow farmer. Where did you study agriculture?

FED. UNI. MAKURDI, BENUE.
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by colossus91(m): 1:19pm On Aug 13, 2017
Prevhoo:
True, so also is the job market with just limited slots.

The solution this days, is to travel abroad for studies and for FREE gan on scholarships.

Incase you are interested, we have created a directory of all the scholarships in the world on nairaland, just choose anyone and apply.

Nairaland Scholarships thread for Nigerians Abroad in almost countries
https://www.nairaland.com/3983082/nairaland-official-scholarships-thread-degree
bro abeg link for scholarships
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by colossus91(m): 1:22pm On Aug 13, 2017
my future child should be ready to do medcine lr play football and probbly he can sing,bt wait he can do all three grin
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by Sunnyja: 1:22pm On Aug 13, 2017
holuwajobar:
There are lot of courses in Nigerian universities but some are more competitive than the other.
How do I know they are competitive? Simple! Take a look at the previous years cut off marks and
You will know what I’m talking about.

Below are the list of competitive courses in Nigeria starting from the least course ;

10. BIOCHEMISTRY

This course is competitive, a lot of candidate prefer to choose this course, why?
Just because they think they can cross over to medicine, Now you see why it is included.

9. COMPUTER SCIENCE

It is now longer a news that we are in the “computer world”.Candidate
choose this course because they believe that there are a lot of opportunities for the courses.

8. ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING

Everybody want to become an engineer one way or the other . As the world is moving fast, so as technology. A lot of opportunity are in engineering, sincerely.

7.POLITICAL SCIENCE

We all know what is going on in Nigeria politics, I should notbe telling you.
Everyboody want to play politics one way or the other. In Nigeria, there are a lot of opportunities
For those who know who (connections).

6. NURSING

Nurse, Nurse! The title sounds good to the ear right? Yeah. Most female candidates will fill in
for nursing , like 60% of them. Nursing is a good course in Nigeria. You don’t have to look for job before
you see one.

5. DENTITSRY AND DENTAL SURGERY :

Due to the limited slot to this course in universities, There is high competition . What do i mean? For example OAU admit only 25 student in this course, UI admit only 40 while some other school admit 10 candidate. Now you should know for yourself.

4. AGRICULTURE

Lately, there have been rise in the cut off mark of any agriculture related courses which means that the number of students applying for these courses are increasing year after year.

3. PETROCHEMICAL ENGINEERING

Everybody wants to work in CHEVRON, NNPC and so on, why? Maybe because of the huge salary and allowances since that is what students pursue. As a result of this, high number of students applyfor this course.

2. LAW

We all what law means. It makes you a lawyer. 90% of art students apply for this course year after year. Maybe because of the respect they earn from people, I just don’t know.

1. MEDICINE & SURGERY

80% of the science students waqnt tobecome doctors maybe becausetheir parents wants them to be, or maybe because of the respect and honour in the course. It shouldn’t be new to you anymore that medicine have the medicine have the highest cut off mark which means it is competitive.

Remember these list are from my research, that is why I clearly state reasons; so if you do agree or you feel the list is not complete. Then you can comment below with your reasons clearly stated.

http://admissiontipz..com/2017/07/top-ten-most-competitive-course-in.html?m=1

Source: www.admissiontipz..com
Pease WHICH ONE Nyemar read before he sign for PSG?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OAU 2017/2018 Admission Thread / School Of Nursing Ado Ekiti Entrance Form Is Out / Bad State Of Library In Daura: Emeka Offor Steps In To Help (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.