Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities (27708 Views)

Top 15 Most Competitive Universities In Nigeria / 12 Less Competitive Courses In Nigerian Institutions You Can Choose From / Which Are The Top Ten Most Competitive Course In Nigeria Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by undefeateds: 2:15pm On Aug 13, 2017
Neymar to earn £3,547 per hour. And he doesn't even have WAEC. Continue boasting am a graduate so...

Me teaching my son his ABC

A for Attack
B for Back pass
C for crossing
D for Dribbling
He must learn by fire by force...

E for Extra Time
F for Foul
G for Goal
H for Half Time

He must play football
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by omolorlarh: 3:25pm On Aug 13, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:
I STUDIED AGRICULTURE THOUGH..
ARE THERE ANY FELLOW "FARMERS" HERE?
LET ME SEE YOU. grin
Hello
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by CurrentSamuel(m): 3:59pm On Aug 13, 2017
Evaberry:
Law

An over hyped profession with no money but where you spend millions in school.

after spending millions to train your child, your child starts earning 15k as a new wig

what a shame what a disgrace

I will never advise anyone to study that wretched course

you ar bittered!! I know the reason .You could not meet up with what the law requires...sorry anyways. you must not study law #fact#..We lawyers know what law and being a lawyer means .you don't come to rant nd talk nonsense about the law you lack every knowledge of
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by nuello: 5:41pm On Aug 13, 2017
So one these few are admitted into dentistry how many ppl self dey apply
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by Brainiacbbb(m): 6:27pm On Aug 13, 2017
holuwajobar:
There are lot of courses in Nigerian universities but some are more competitive than the other.
How do I know they are competitive? Simple! Take a look at the previous years cut off marks and
You will know what I’m talking about.

Below are the list of competitive courses in Nigeria starting from the least course ;

10. BIOCHEMISTRY

This course is competitive, a lot of candidate prefer to choose this course, why?
Just because they think they can cross over to medicine, Now you see why it is included.

9. COMPUTER SCIENCE

It is now longer a news that we are in the “computer world”.Candidate
choose this course because they believe that there are a lot of opportunities for the courses.

8. ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING

Everybody want to become an engineer one way or the other . As the world is moving fast, so as technology. A lot of opportunity are in engineering, sincerely.

7.POLITICAL SCIENCE

We all know what is going on in Nigeria politics, I should notbe telling you.
Everyboody want to play politics one way or the other. In Nigeria, there are a lot of opportunities
For those who know who (connections).

6. NURSING

Nurse, Nurse! The title sounds good to the ear right? Yeah. Most female candidates will fill in
for nursing , like 60% of them. Nursing is a good course in Nigeria. You don’t have to look for job before
you see one.

5. DENTITSRY AND DENTAL SURGERY :

Due to the limited slot to this course in universities, There is high competition . What do i mean? For example OAU admit only 25 student in this course, UI admit only 40 while some other school admit 10 candidate. Now you should know for yourself.

4. AGRICULTURE

Lately, there have been rise in the cut off mark of any agriculture related courses which means that the number of students applying for these courses are increasing year after year.

3. PETROCHEMICAL ENGINEERING

Everybody wants to work in CHEVRON, NNPC and so on, why? Maybe because of the huge salary and allowances since that is what students pursue. As a result of this, high number of students applyfor this course.

2. LAW

We all what law means. It makes you a lawyer. 90% of art students apply for this course year after year. Maybe because of the respect they earn from people, I just don’t know.

1. MEDICINE & SURGERY

80% of the science students waqnt tobecome doctors maybe becausetheir parents wants them to be, or maybe because of the respect and honour in the course. It shouldn’t be new to you anymore that medicine have the medicine have the highest cut off mark which means it is competitive.

Remember these list are from my research, that is why I clearly state reasons; so if you do agree or you feel the list is not complete. Then you can comment below with your reasons clearly stated.

http://admissiontipz..com/2017/07/top-ten-most-competitive-course-in.html?m=1

Source: www.admissiontipz..com
Architecture should be on that list.
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 13, 2017
holuwajobar:
There are lot of courses in Nigerian universities but some are more competitive than the other.
How do I know they are competitive? Simple! Take a look at the previous years cut off marks and

Below are the list of competitive courses in Nigeria starting from the least course ;

10. BIOCHEMISTRY

This course is competitive, a lot of candidate prefer to choose this course, why?
Just because they think they can cross over to medicine, Now you see why it is included.

9. COMPUTER SCIENCE

choose this course because they believe that there are a lot of opportunities for the courses.

Everybody want to become an engineer one way or the other . As the world is moving fast, so as technology. A lot of opportunity are in engineering, sincerely.

7.POLITICAL SCIENCE

Everyboody want to play politics one way or the other. In Nigeria, there are a lot of opportunities

6. NURSING

Nurse, Nurse! The title sounds good to the ear right? Yeah. Most female candidates will fill in
for nursing , like 60% of them. Nursing is a good course in Nigeria. You don’t have to look for job before
you see one.

Due to the limited slot to this course in universities, There is high competition . What do i mean? For example OAU admit only 25 student in this course, UI admit only 40 while some other school admit 10 candidate. Now you should know for yourself.

4. AGRICULTURE

Lately, there have been rise in the cut off mark of any agriculture related courses which means that the number of students applying for these courses are increasing year after year.

Everybody wants to work in CHEVRON, NNPC and so on, why? Maybe because of the huge salary and allowances since that is what students pursue. As a result of this, high number of students applyfor this course.

2. LAW

We all what law means. It makes you a lawyer. 90% of art students apply for this course year after year. Maybe because of the respect they earn from people, I just don’t know.

1. MEDICINE & SURGERY

80% of the science students waqnt tobecome doctors maybe becausetheir parents wants them to be, or maybe because of the respect and honour in the course. It shouldn’t be new to you anymore that medicine have the medicine have the highest cut off mark which means it is competitive.

Remember these list are from my research, that is why I clearly state reasons; so if you do agree or you feel the list is not complete. Then you can comment below with your reasons clearly stated.

Your listing is bias
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 13, 2017
datola:
I beg to disagree. Top 10 most competitive courses in Nigeria, from top to least should look like:

1.Medicine & Surgery

2. Electrical & Electronics Engineering

3. Law

4. Accounting

5. Pharmacy

6. Economics

7. Computer Science

8. Architecture

9. Civil Engineering

10. Chemical/Petroleum Engineering

Correct

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 13, 2017
datola:
I beg to disagree. Top 10 most competitive courses in Nigeria, from top to least should look like:

1.Medicine & Surgery

2. Electrical & Electronics Engineering

3. Law

4. Accounting

5. Pharmacy

6. Economics

7. Computer Science

8. Architecture

9. Civil Engineering

10. Chemical/Petroleum Engineering

the op na mumu

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 13, 2017
holuwajobar:

10. BIOCHEMISTRY

9. COMPUTER SCIENCE

7.POLITICAL SCIENCE

6. NURSING

you see one.

4. AGRICULTURE

2. LAW

1. MEDICINE & SURGERY

U finally bring out ur stupidity 4all to see. @Op
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by vaxx: 9:02pm On Aug 13, 2017
obojememe:
if i return to this part of d world ,if i didn't get to study medicine, i would rather not go to uni
lol. but on a serious note I prefer business administration to medicine. a business man will build a hospital and employed a medical doctor. and this doctor will earn salary not even up the business man monthly expenses. the best course in the world is B A. every thing in this world is selling and buying
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by Jusome: 9:25pm On Aug 13, 2017
you be mumu...while guys are busy making money u are here talking about competitive course...so this course u mention they don't carry certificate in the street, every course in nigeria can give you wealth as long as u have the right connection....olodo
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 13, 2017
Evaberry:
Law

after spending millions to train your child, your child starts earning 15k as a new wig

Your posts crack me up...

This is not true...
Life is in stages, u can't be making millions immediately after leaving school, it will take a little time. Law is a big one...
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by obojememe: 6:13am On Aug 14, 2017
vaxx:
lol. but on a serious note I prefer business administration to medicine. a business man will build a hospital and employed a medical doctor. and this doctor will earn salary not even up the business man monthly expenses. the best course in the world is B A. every thing in this world is selling and buying
u can always do al this without studying business administration ,

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by vaxx: 7:02am On Aug 14, 2017
obojememe:
u can always do al this without studying business administration ,
no you will lack the managerial skills. CNN interview mark Facebook founder. And he said the only reason he could attribute his success to are his friends who help him in the managerial field. not even the high level programing computer language. you as a human even need good management if not you will collapsed .
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by obojememe: 7:21am On Aug 14, 2017
vaxx:
no you will lack the managerial skills. CNN interview mark Facebook founder. And he said the only reason he could attribute his success to are his friends who help him in the managerial field. not even the high level programing computer language. you as a human even need good management if not you will collapsed .
i don't agree with u to some extent, u can attend just one week management course and learn d desired managerial skills, and besides there are lots of born managers out there
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by vaxx: 9:29am On Aug 14, 2017
obojememe:
i don't agree with u to some extent, u can attend just one week management course and learn d desired managerial skills, and besides there are lots of born managers out there
To be a good manager it required continuous learning since the word is dynamic. so one week management course will be a bad idea . sure there is different between talent and skills. talent Is an inborn while skills is earn through learning and training. to be good manager you should have both the inborn elements and the required skills. there is a different between talented player and a skillful player when it comes to football.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by zezeny: 11:47pm On Feb 19, 2018
Evaberry:
Law

This young lady must have been severally denied admission into the most prestigious law. I can feel it in your write-up. But don't worry sis, even if you can't make it to law, ur siblings or children can. So, hey! don't speak ill of the noble profession.
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by Miraxy(m): 11:05pm On Jan 18, 2019
Where is mechanical Engineering joor.
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by Tylerfitnesss: 8:00am On Jan 20, 2019
Someone here might be needing this

Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by Young042galaxy: 3:29pm On Jan 20, 2019
ovadozes:
Here we go again.
Agriculture, nursing and biochemistry are now more competetive that Pharmacy.
Meanwhile where I graduated from, people fail out of pharmacy school and are readily accepted in Biochemistry where they even end up graduting with 2.1
Well, like I said before here we go again
Nursing is always more competitive than pharmacy. Check each school that have nursing n pharmacy the number of applicants each of them have.
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by Young042galaxy: 3:33pm On Jan 20, 2019
Op got it very wrong.
1st medsurg
2nd dentistry
3rd nursing
4th law
5th pharmacy
6th medlab
7th mech eng
8th chemical eng
9th radiography
10th biochemistry.
Re: Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities by jaymorgan(m): 8:38pm On Nov 12, 2019
In addition;
Pharmacy
Physiotherapy
Medical Laboratory Science

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OAU 2017/2018 Admission Thread / Ekayoma Rukevwe Emerges Best Graduating Student From US College (Photos) / Isioma Okobah Wins Highest Medical Award In US (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.