Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

A Ghanaian King Adopted An African American Gospel Artist Micah Stampley - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Ghanaian King Adopted An African American Gospel Artist Micah Stampley (3280 Views)

"I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi / Ghanaian King, Céphas Bansah Rules Via Skype From Germany, Builds Jail For Women / African American Man To Return To Umuahia, Nigeria As He Rocks Igbo Attire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Ghanaian King Adopted An African American Gospel Artist Micah Stampley by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 13, 2017
He was about 30 and married when it happened.

Micah’s international roots run deep. The success of all this music resulted in much world touring, including intensive popularity in Africa – from Cape Town and Johannesburg to Nigeria. Coincidentally, among the most fascinating blessings of Micah’s life was being adopted by His Royal Majesty Drolor Bosso Adamtey I, King of the Se (formerly Shai) kingdom of Ghana, West Africa, in a 2008 ceremony attended by dignitaries, power players and media from around the globe. The adoption made Micah a prince. The two men met when Micah was asked to be music minister over a luncheon in Riverside, California. The King was profoundly moved, speaking prophetic words over Micah and Heidi before all present. The King, who had two daughters, had been praying for a son. God stepped in, blessing the King and Micah with the desires of their hearts. Two years later, the King sent for Micah and Heidi, spending a weekend laying out his royal design.

“My gift made room for me,” Micah says humbly. “God said, ‘I brought you back to the place you were born, to birth a new relationship.’ Now I am an ambassador crowned Prince Martey Kwabla Adamtey. There’s a lot of history…African slavery began in Ghana. The first slave castle ever built is there on the Gold Coast. Over time, the Se people have been scattered abroad. We want them to come home. There are plans afoot to make our beautiful state a tropical mountain paradise. My father is even willing to give them land, so my responsibility is great. It’s not just wearing a crown and living a life of luxury.”
http://www.keepthefaith.co.uk/2016/07/06/micah-stampley-to-the-kingvertical-worship-by-milton-allen/

About the King

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_TEu4vcIuE

What does this mean in Ghanaian culture Jayceon?
Re: A Ghanaian King Adopted An African American Gospel Artist Micah Stampley by CHOPUP411(m): 7:31am On Aug 13, 2017
Which one is king se I only know ooni of ife
Re: A Ghanaian King Adopted An African American Gospel Artist Micah Stampley by mazimee(m): 7:38am On Aug 13, 2017
CHOPUP411:

This one thinks that the world starts and end in his village undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: A Ghanaian King Adopted An African American Gospel Artist Micah Stampley by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 13, 2017
mazimee:

grin This one thinks that the world starts and end in his village grin grin
grin
Re: A Ghanaian King Adopted An African American Gospel Artist Micah Stampley by Young03(m): 7:48am On Aug 13, 2017
CHOPUP411:

whoa ooni?

I only know oba lil wayne

(1) (Reply)

Northern Soldiers And Their Relations with Igbo Women In Post-Biafran Nigeria / Why Are Drowning Victims Buried By The River? / Help With Translation In Igbo, Biko !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.