Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,705 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It (24751 Views)

If You Miss HEAVEN, Who Will You Blame? / We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It / 'Central Bank Of Heaven':See What Is Written On Church Banner Spotted In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by transient123(m): 4:54pm On Aug 13, 2017
ADEWUMIMichael:
We can speak in tongues and miss heaven.

We can "win souls" and miss heaven.

We can see vision and miss heaven.

We can prophesy and still miss heaven.

We can cast out devil and miss heaven.

We can perform miracles and still miss heaven.

We can read the whole Bible and miss heaven.

We can attend all church services, fellowship activities and camp meetings and miss heaven.

We can have anointing and miss heaven.

We can have all spiritual gifts and miss heaven.

We can be rich, prosperous and wealthy and still miss heaven.

We can give and sow seeds and still miss heaven.

We can wield power and be influential and still miss heaven.

We can have a powerful voice to sing and miss heaven.

But we cannot LIVE A HOLY LIFE and miss heaven.

HOLINESS IS THE REAL DEAL!

*"Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God." (Leviticus 20:7)*

*"O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth." (Psalm 96:9)*

*"Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord." (Hebrews 12:14)*

Forwarding this is
Evangelism. Let us win a soul for Christ. Amen!

Won't agree with all these because all your biblical quotes are from the old testament. They belong to the medieval era of the " laws" and no love as preached by Jesu........lol

Confusionists everywhere.
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by discman2k2(m): 4:55pm On Aug 13, 2017
swiz123:
If you live a holy life but not a perfect holy life.you will still miss heaven

Living a holy life is WALKING IN PERFECTION.

Living a holy life is striving for perfection in life.
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by omogin(f): 4:55pm On Aug 13, 2017
Your holiness is as filthy rags before God. Have faith in the righteousness Jesus gave you as a gift. Remember he became sin even though he wasn't a sinner, so that you a sinner can become God's righteousness. Your own righteousness can't be better than God's righteousness. This doesn't mean you can go on purposely doing wrong, but human righteousness gets you no where REALLY.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by general234(m): 4:56pm On Aug 13, 2017
[There isnt anything like living a holy life and a perfect holy life. Holy life is holy life if you are not living it forget it you are not
quote author=majekdom2 post=59437651] there is n like perfect holy.. holy is holy, truth is truth. Any addition or subtraction make it unholy.[/quote]
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by Adaomalight(f): 4:56pm On Aug 13, 2017
So, how can one live a holy life?
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by dammilotun(m): 4:56pm On Aug 13, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]
ADEWUMIMichael:
We can speak in tongues and miss heaven.

We can attend all church services, fellowship activities and camp meetings and miss heaven.

*"Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God." (Leviticus 20:7)*

*"O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth." (Psalm 96:9)*

*"Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord." (Hebrews 12:14)*

Forwarding this is

This ain't true. Yes I mean it, the scripture. Makes us to understand that our righteousness is like a filthy rag before God. The law was there to construe personal holiness(human effort), but grace came to input Christ's righteousness( God's love) that whosoever believeth in him will not perish. We are saved by grace through faith alone. I hate to correct you openly Op but no man will ever be saved by holiness but by faith in the free gift of God. Holiness is a work of maturity and growth after you have been saved. Whether you become matured or not you will still make heaven regardless

Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by Jabioro: 4:56pm On Aug 13, 2017
See trouble every where.. Holiness Even our lord Jesus Christ lineage was not that holy in all ramification but went through the grace to have him born.. Check a lot of olosho from the days of Abraham to Caleb to Ruth, Obese David is a child play. Solomon was their grand father yet they were all enjoying heaven ..I am an adopted son of Christ through his sinless blood he shed, on the cross of Calvary, even the thief at right hand make it not talk of me who's not.. My heaven is 100% sure.. you can doubt me and loose yours, because many of you were born Thomas mindedly.

1 Like

Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by uglodoh(f): 4:59pm On Aug 13, 2017
swiz123:
What is perfect holy life
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by Bakbillz44(m): 4:59pm On Aug 13, 2017
And I've u seen a holy man before?... Guess we're all missing heaven... Nobody holy #beconscious
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by pointstores(m): 4:59pm On Aug 13, 2017
2laws said by jesus love the lord ur God with all ur heart and strength 2 luv ur neighbour has ur self
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by general234(m): 5:01pm On Aug 13, 2017
[Are you doing away with the old testament ? Please if do kindly do the following.
1. Kill
2 Steal
3 commit adultery
4. Become gay or lesbian
5. Sacrifies rather than obey
And many more. Hey listen.. For i have not come to Abolish the law but to fulfill it. Its finished these said by Jesus do you understand those sentences or statements. If old testament is not in use . read proverbs and break all advise there in then check your person how good it will be. God help us

quote author=transient123 post=59437918]

Won't agree with all these because all your biblical quotes are from the old testament. They belong to the medieval era of the " laws" and no love as preached by Jesu........lol

Confusionists everywhere.[/quote]
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by Richy4(m): 5:01pm On Aug 13, 2017
cheesy OP are u a member of Holiness church in Nigeria? wink
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by discman2k2(m): 5:02pm On Aug 13, 2017
Continue deceiving yourself or allowing others to deceive you thinking you're on the right path of Christian living.
If the old Testament is not useful to our generation, why did Jesus die for our sins?

Jesus is called the second Adam, who came to correct the mistake which the first Adam made.
The bible is a continuum, dont even think that it all started from Genesis. Read Revelation (which is in new Testament ) there are information about what happened before Lucifer was thrown down from Heaven.
You think u have enough knowledge of the Bible just by listening to select preachers. Read wide & use your Bible as reference material.
#Peace Bro.
transient123:

2 Likes

Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by general234(m): 5:04pm On Aug 13, 2017
[All you did my brother was divide the ten commandment into two which is absolutely right. First 4...To God the rest To man. I just love your summary. quote author=holatin post=59437550]l this na long thing, only two rule will make you see heaven.

Worship God truthfully
Be good to others.

don't know which law is greater than those two[/quote]

1 Like

Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by holatin(m): 5:07pm On Aug 13, 2017
general234:
[All you did my brother was divide the ten commandment into two which is absolutely right. First 4...To God the rest To man. I just love your summary. quote author=holatin post=59437550]l this na long thing, only two rule will make you see heaven.

Worship God truthfully
Be good to others.

don't know which law is greater than those two
tanx sir
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by ITbomb(m): 5:09pm On Aug 13, 2017
general234:
When the bible says a man to my heart do you actually know what it means? Holiness is a progressive act David was a holy man.
quote author=ITbomb post=59437822]Was David a Holy man?

No
Someone up there defined holiness as "means to live a life that is set apart from the secular world."
That describes the lives of priest, monk, the Pope, Pastors etc. It refers to living a life after set rules of good and bad.

Righteousness tends to be more of Obedience is better than sacrifice ie doing the right thing always.

What if an assailant is threatening the lives of missionaries on a journey and David and a high priest is in the convoy.
For David the right thing is to kill the assailant for the children of God to march through
But it is forbidden for the High Priest to kill

Just know your purpose on earth and do the right thing, leave the judgment to God
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by declassicist: 5:09pm On Aug 13, 2017
[quote author=ADEWUMIMichael post=59427298]We can speak in tongues and miss heaven.

Forwarding this is

Good work. Keep it up.
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by An2elect2(f): 5:20pm On Aug 13, 2017
This is crap times ten. Christ in you is your hope of glory. The thief on the cross didn't live a holy life but was saved by Christ's death!

If the thief had lived (continue living) after being saved by Christ, the Spirit of Christ in him would have born holy fruits of righteousness.

I get tired of arguing with Pharisaical law keeping legalists calling themselves Christians and taking pride in their filth who have no power but their morality to fall back on.

Be a berean

[/i]

2 Likes

Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by transient123(m): 5:21pm On Aug 13, 2017
discman2k2:
Continue deceiving yourself or allowing others to deceive you thinking you're on the right path of Christian living.
If the old Testament is not useful to our generation, why did Jesus die for our sins?

Jesus is called the second Adam, who came to correct the mistake which the first Adam made.
The bible is a continuum, dont even think that it all started from Genesis. Read Revelation (which is in new Testament ) there are information about what happened before Lucifer was thrown down from Heaven.
You think u have enough knowledge of the Bible just by listening to select preachers. Read wide & use your Bible as reference material.
#Peace Bro.

I laugh in Greek. I know sons of god will surely buzz round me the same way bees buzz around hives.

I was discussing with one of you guys on this same platform and I quoted where the bible supported jungle justice, he was quick to say that wasn't Christlike and oerhaps, that was from the old testament, something he has not even come across before or read.

So, was surprise this op was quoting from the same old testament that another brother rubbished. Isn't that CONFUSION.

Note, he isn't the first person condemning old testament, lots of you guys do when confronted with divine laws especially as it relate with punishment. The usual "love" resonance and hypocrisy come to play.

I don't belong to the class of confusion, I belong to the class where divine laws are laid bare and sacrosant, even if the world hates it, we don't panelbeat.
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by Amberon11: 5:27pm On Aug 13, 2017
Wrong! Holiness is what takes you to heaven.
holatin:
l this na long thing, only two rule will make you see heaven.

Worship God truthfully
Be good to others.

don't know which law is greater than those two
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by transient123(m): 5:28pm On Aug 13, 2017
general234:
[Are you doing away with the old testament ? Please if do kindly do the following.
1. Kill
2 Steal
3 commit adultery
4. Become gay or lesbian
5. Sacrifies rather than obey
And many more. Hey listen.. For i have not come to Abolish the law but to fulfill it. Its finished these said by Jesus do you understand those sentences or statements. If old testament is not in use . read proverbs and break all advise there in then check your person how good it will be. God help us

quote author=transient123 post=59437918]

I know you are a Muslim and I am too. All statements made there are laid with sarcasm, wanting my Christian brothers to buzz around it in droves the same way bees buzz around hives.

I have replied one with the nelow, savour it too.

quote author=transient123 post=59438779]

I laugh in Greek. I know sons of god will surely buzz round me the same way bees buzz around hives.

I was discussing with one of you guys on this same platform and I quoted where the bible supported jungle justice, he was quick to say that wasn't Christlike and oerhaps, that was from the old testament, something he has not even come across before or read.

So, was surprise this op was quoting from the same old testament that another brother rubbished. Isn't that CONFUSION.

Note, he isn't the first person condemning old testament, lots of you guys do when confronted with divine laws especially as it relate with punishment. The usual "love" resonance and hypocrisy come to play.

I don't belong to the class of confusion, I belong to the class where divine laws are laid bare and sacrosant, even if the world hates it, we don't panelbeat.[/quote]
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by bloodofthelamb(m): 5:34pm On Aug 13, 2017
BELOVE! YOU CANNOT LIVE A HOLY LIFE WITHOUT CHRIST JESUS..CHRIST JESUS IS THE WAY TO HOLINESS
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by Captain001(m): 5:37pm On Aug 13, 2017
swiz123:

Holy is holy. There's no partial holiness; that's why the Bible says if you obey all commandments and miss one, you're guilty of all.

1 Like

Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by 0b100100111: 5:52pm On Aug 13, 2017
grin grin grin

And who lives a holy life!

None!
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by Captain001(m): 5:53pm On Aug 13, 2017
An2elect2:
This is crap times ten. Christ in you is your hope of glory. The thief on the cross didn't live a holy life but was saved by Christ's death!

If the thief had lived (continue living) after being saved by Christ, the Spirit of Christ in him would have born holy fruits of righteousness.

I get tired of arguing with Pharisaical law keeping legalists calling themselves Christians and taking pride in their filth who have no power but their morality to fall back on.

Be a berean

[/i]

I knew you were coming to condemn this; I looked out for you and didn't get disappointed. If you bath a baby and he goes back to soil himself, what do you do? Bath again or auto-activate the previous bath to cleanse him? For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the GRACE of our Lord God into LICENCIOUSNESS... Jude 1:4

1 Like

Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by 0b100100111: 5:53pm On Aug 13, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
BELOVE! YOU CANNOT LIVE A HOLY LIFE WITHOUT CHRIST JESUS..CHRIST JESUS IS THE WAY TO HOLINESS

Do you live a holy life?
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by 0b100100111: 5:57pm On Aug 13, 2017
An2elect2:

Be a berean

[/i]

Well said!

Thay always fail to be logical!

It's like religion trips-off that "Logical Reasoning Breaker" in there brains.
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by bloodofthelamb(m): 5:59pm On Aug 13, 2017
YES, TRUE CHRIST JESUS..JESUS IS MY SHEPHERD HE LEADS ME IN THE PATH OF HOLINESS
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by InHim4Him(m): 6:01pm On Aug 13, 2017
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?

1 Like

Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by holatin(m): 6:03pm On Aug 13, 2017
Amberon11:
Wrong! Holiness is what takes you to heaven.
even without been good to others ? forget !
Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by An2elect2(f): 6:07pm On Aug 13, 2017
Captain001:

I knew you were coming to condemn this; I looked out for you and didn't get disappointed. If you bath a baby and he goes back to soil himself, what do you do? Bath again or auto-activate the previous bath to cleanse him? For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the GRACE of our Lord God into LICENCIOUSNESS... Jude 1:4
Now read what you quoted smiley A saved man is a godly man and cannot turn the grace of God into licencousness. A saved man was long ago marked out for salvation, justification and glorification.

Just because you are not now able to rightly divide the word of God shouldn't make you think God has not taught many people to.

1 Like

Re: We Can Do These And Miss Heaven, See The Only Thing That Can't Make Us Miss It by abbk000: 6:13pm On Aug 13, 2017
You can be "HOLY" and still miss Heaven. After all there are holy Moslems.
The only guarantee to make Heaven is "accepting Jesus as you Lord and Saviour". Jesus Christ is GOD and unless you accept Him into your life, you will NEVER make Heaven!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'It Is Impossible To Find A Woman Like My Wife' - Pastor Adeboye Says / Why I Blackmailed Well Established Pastors –fraudster (photo) / Timothy Gichere: We'll Be Collecting Money From Politicians Till Court Decides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.