Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells (28546 Views)

Bauchi, Gombe Oil Wells Cause Tension, Goje Urges Buhari’s Intervention / ‘they're Planning To Grab Our Oil Wells’ - Gov. Wike Cries Out / Oil Discovered In Lagos Water Wells (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by joerock: 8:09pm On Aug 13, 2017
Don't be deceived by what you see... the contracts for these roads have been awarded over and over again... I love in these communities. They always way the money and later cry foul... it's a big problem because these contracts must be awarded to big shots in the communities since any other way will lead to crisis... they end up eating the money and abandoning the contract... then some ignorant bafon will come here and cry foul... it's a pitiable and hopeless situation... I gave up on the ND along time ago

3 Likes

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by Evestar200(f): 8:10pm On Aug 13, 2017
Isoko1stSon:

That Lot is Like A god , I av Maintained A Distance From Youth Politics Cos Of The outright Brutality involved
Not Everything is government fault, some of the people handling community project are greedy, while some will handle them well, in my community Agip gave my community leader money for a project, my community leader went ahead and buy plastic chairs in the tall Hall and pocket the other money,while there is this community in Ughelli Kingdom called Eruemukohworien, the community leaders used the money given to him to tared all the roads linking the community with other towns and Streets.

3 Likes

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 13, 2017
tit:

so if you build poles and connect to nepa, you have provided electricity?
some of these companies have gas plant that can supply electricity to the communities. Abeg get informed before you type nw
Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by successmatters(m): 8:10pm On Aug 13, 2017
The more the oil, the more they suffer grin
Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 13, 2017
PrecisionFx:

it's an idiotic move to give me money to leaders of a community to develop infrastructure... .if it were in the north, they will give the money to Julius Berger
you cannot do any CsR if the community chiefs don't allow you. Their boys can even beat your workers. Since its a voluntary scheme, the oil companies will rather succumb to maintain peace.

2 Likes

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by SenatorM(m): 8:12pm On Aug 13, 2017
Isoko1stSon:
The Picture below Is That Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Community, Igbide Kingdom, Isoko South LGA of Delta State.

Just So You Know, This Community Has 26 Oils Wells, But This less Than 4 Kilometres Road Is Left Alone In Such Horrible Sight.

Okowa Where Are The Desopadec Billions ?

Nairaland When You Hear That Youths Have Blown Up The Flow Station In Our Domain ,its Not Rebellion Against The Nigerian State,But Also Against Poor And Greedy Internal leadership And I Hope Some Parasite Up Desert (Naught) will Not Come Saying Trash
This makes Me sad
Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 13, 2017
Sniper12:
connected to the company grid duh. have seen where chiefs in the community rejected a bridge the oil company wanted to build, because their boats would become useless
No mind those people. I was once approached by community leaders to claim I was from their community so I can get scholarship from one of the companies and then I will share the funds with them. They were ready to provide the documents from their LG or so. They prefer that rather than allow their own people get the scholarship and have the money alone.

1 Like

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 13, 2017
Notatribalist:
why would government give money to chiefs instead of constructing the road? And can you name the chief that was given money,and how much was given?
stop feigning ignorance. It's CSR by oil companies. It's voluntary. If these companies don't go by their terms most time they cannot even operate in the community.
Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by erico2k2(m): 8:19pm On Aug 13, 2017
obailala:
The chiefs in the community probably prefer taking the money as cash which they eventually use in buying houses in Abuja and overseas to the detriment of basic infrastructure in their communities.
Speak of what you know Plz.
Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by omohayek: 8:19pm On Aug 13, 2017
Notatribalist:
why would government give money to chiefs instead of constructing the road? And can you name the chief that was given money,and how much was given?
Can you read? As I already said, because that is what the pipe-destroying militant "youths" demanded! Besides, are the LGA and state government officials in the region really any better than all these handout-seeking "chiefs"?

Had the demands not been met, I'm sure we'd be here reading your rants about alleged "marginalization" and the FG's supposedly unreasonable "refusal to carry the indigenous communities along". The harsh truth you don't want to face is that all the years of "settling" militants in the ND has bred a culture of dependency and violent rent-seeking, with thieves and thugs like Dokubo, Tompolo and Ibori now regarded as heroes to be emulated by other men of ambition. Combine this model of overnight riches through thuggery with a refusal to criticize or hold accountable "our pikin", and is it any surprise that all the billions of dollars allocated to the ND seem to disappear into thin air?

8 Likes

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by oluwaahmed: 8:24pm On Aug 13, 2017
We R tukin abt a road in a host community & sme f00ls r tukin abt chief Are d chiefs construction companies? A place d FG has 60% stake in its joint ventures wit MNOC yet d roads are like dis? Is govt not s'posed 2 b govt of d pple? Dis is exactly wat led 2 d french revolution. Pple wer poor but d elite rich, one day dey jst killed evry elite from politician 2 religious leaders.
Nigeria shd be very careful

1 Like

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by 9jasave: 8:25pm On Aug 13, 2017
it sad that oil cannot develop the Niger delta again because
Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by Flakky26(f): 8:26pm On Aug 13, 2017
AntiIPOB:
The topic is delta state and the state of roads there not Lagos,please delayers will be shot at sight.

What it means is that 3rd mainland bridge was FG Project. Why cant the FG do same in these places blessed with oil wells instead of handing cash to chiefs.
Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by SenatorM(m): 8:29pm On Aug 13, 2017
Number 3 Largest Oil Producing State. Chaii
Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by 9jasave: 8:30pm On Aug 13, 2017
it sad that oil wealth cannot be used to develop the Niger delta again because in few years to this time oil will fade off world wide as result of electric cars invention. UAE just announced to ban all fuel engines by 2020. it's unfortunate!
Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by laudate: 8:31pm On Aug 13, 2017
majekdom2:
you cannot do any CsR if the community chiefs don't allow you. Their boys can even beat your workers. Since its a voluntary scheme, the oil companies will rather succumb to maintain peace.
You are quite correct! wink I know of a community where the oil exploration company operating inside there, wanted to build them a health centre and provide doctors, nurses and medicines, in order to improve the well-being of the people. Maternal mortality would have been greatly reduced by their own estimates, if this was done. This is because the nearest hospital was like 150km away, from that community. sad

The community leaders refused, and asked that the money be given to them instead. sad After a prolonged argument, the oil company's representatives, held a town meeting with members of the community. Guess what the youths and other members of the town wanted? A big hall, where they could hold meetings, drink beer and play drafts. undecided

To cut the long story short, the oil company had to award a contract for the town hall to one of the chiefs from that community. He got 70% mobilisation. 4 years later till today, only 25% of the job has been executed, and the chief is somewhere in Port-harcourt enjoying his life, having pocketed his own share of the money, and sharing the rest with the community leaders. undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by Dagoma: 8:32pm On Aug 13, 2017
PITY
Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by SenatorM(m): 8:32pm On Aug 13, 2017
The Fault is From Federal Government.
Most of the Federal Roads in Delta State are very bad.
Why not open the sea port in Koko Delta state, and the ones in PH
Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by laudate: 8:33pm On Aug 13, 2017
Flakky26:
What it means is that 3rd mainland bridge was FG Project. Why cant the FG do same in these places blessed with oil wells instead of handing cash to chiefs.
Aren't you deliberately being funny? Did you read all the posts on this thread, before making this submission? shocked

3 Likes

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by seyisolu(m): 8:36pm On Aug 13, 2017
No councillors, no commissioners, no governors, no house of rep, no senator? Na wa for wire road.

2 Likes

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by erico2k2(m): 8:37pm On Aug 13, 2017
laudate:

You are quite correct! wink I know of a community where the oil exploration company operating inside there, wanted to build them a health centre and provide doctors, nurses and medicines, in order to improve the well-being of the people. Maternal mortality would have been greatly reduced by their own estimates, if this was done. This is because the nearest hospital was like 150km away, from that community. sad

The community leaders refused, and asked that the money be given to them instead. sad After a prolonged argument, the oil company's representatives, held a town meeting with members of the community. Guess what the youths and other members of the town wanted? A big hall, where they could hold meetings, drink beer and play drafts. undecided

To cut the long story short, the oil company had to award a contract for the town hall to one of the chiefs from that community. He got 70% mobilisation. 4 years later till today, only 25% of the job has been executed, and the chief is somewhere in Port-harcourt enjoying his life, pocketed his own share of the money, and sharing the rest with the community leaders. undecided
You are not too far from the truth, however the only ones to solve this is govt at the end of teh day, take a tough stand, I remember the days of Ibori and his gangs, in his community any youth leader who is making such problems simply disappears teh next day,Government need to employ mafia tactics to deal with mafias. The same story can be said of Sapele as well,places like gana, no rod for the last 30 years if I guess right, Their one is even worse as they have more oil wells.
Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by erico2k2(m): 8:39pm On Aug 13, 2017
SenatorM:
The Fault is From Federal Government.

Most of the Federal Roads in Delta State are very bad.

Why not open the sea port in Koko Delta state, and the ones in PH
Even the One @ Sapele, well everything must be in Lagos, but guess what, the Sea port in PH is very functional,I received my last container from there Jan this year from china.SO its all good.slow but steady.

2 Likes

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by nengibo: 8:40pm On Aug 13, 2017
[quote author=Penalty82 post=59433119]

Pls try to read and comprehend. I don't have time for tribal nonsense you can go through my posts. [/quote
Very mature comment, thumbs up
Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by limeta(f): 8:41pm On Aug 13, 2017
obailala:
You have no clue what goes on in those communities, so just let it be...

I know what's going on there
The federal government of Hausa fulani and yorubas only want the oil
They don't care about the people
Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by joerock: 8:42pm On Aug 13, 2017
Don't be deceived by what you see... the contracts for these roads have been awarded over and over again... I live in these communities. They always eat the money and later cry foul... it's a big problem because these contracts must be awarded to big shots in the communities since any other way will lead to crisis... they end up eating the money and abandoning the contract... then some ignorant bafon will come here and cry foul... it's a pitiable and hopeless situation... I gave up on the ND along time ago

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by laudate: 8:44pm On Aug 13, 2017
erico2k2:
Even the One @ Sapele, well everything must be in Lagos, but guess what, the Sea port in PH is very functional, I received my last container from there Jan this year from china.SO its all good.slow but steady.
God bless you for telling the truth! cheesy I need to bookmark your post for future reference. One numbskull almost abused my ancestors in another thread, just because I said Port-Harcourt seaport and Onne ports were functional. sad

4 Likes

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by erico2k2(m): 8:47pm On Aug 13, 2017
laudate:

God bless you for telling the truth! cheesy I need to bookmark your post for future reference. One numbskull almost abused my ancestors in another thread, just because I said Port-Harcourt seaport and Onne ports were functional. sad
You know, some people are not exposed they just sit at home and eat eba,the same way some people do not know you can fly direct from Europe and America to PHC international Airport every day of the year.

3 Likes

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by skedman(m): 8:48pm On Aug 13, 2017
tfaffic they cjoose to destoy houses and bild bonded terminals..Today lagos is filled up and ogun is benefitting as a result of this cheatting arrangments.so that is why you got such silly reply from the poor fellow cos is an already laid rhetoric they will reply us whenever we raise topics like this.[/quote]wonders shall never end,so it took you how many hours to write all these rubbish.you are surely a victim with this your english.who are you going to blame hope it is not fg.
Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by erico2k2(m): 8:50pm On Aug 13, 2017
joerock:
Don't be deceived by what you see... the contracts for these roads have been awarded over and over again... I live in these communities. They always eat the money and later cry foul... it's a big problem because these contracts must be awarded to big shots in the communities since any other way will lead to crisis... they end up eating the money and abandoning the contract... then some ignorant bafon will come here and cry foul... it's a pitiable and hopeless situation... I gave up on the ND along time ago
The government I mean STATE can do something about it, they can take these chiefs and big shot one on one, is there and community in Delta worse than Oghara boys and Warri boys?
Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by ogahug: 8:54pm On Aug 13, 2017
Isoko1stSon:
The Picture below Is That Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Community, Igbide Kingdom, Isoko South LGA of Delta State.

Just So You Know, This Community Has 26 Oils Wells, But This less Than 4 Kilometres Road Is Left Alone In Such Horrible Sight.

Okowa Where Are The Desopadec Billions ?

Nairaland When You Hear That Youths Have Blown Up The Flow Station In Our Domain ,its Not Rebellion Against The Nigerian State,But Also Against Poor And Greedy Internal leadership And I Hope Some Parasite Up Desert (Naught) will Not Come Saying Trash
What you have there is more like a world class airport runway when compared to the ones I have seen. I am into oil/gas and I have seen worse roads. Our govt needs to put some polices in place to compel this oil majors to start embarking on meaningful physical projects in host communities instead of just paying millions to certain CLO who might be living in Abuja or PH but does not go home. Such official criminals only use a fraction of the money to buy guns and give to some youths to stand by him.
Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by laudate: 8:58pm On Aug 13, 2017
erico2k2:
You know, some people are not exposed they just sit at home and eat eba,the same way some people do not know you can fly direct from Europe and America to PHC international Airport every day of the year.
See life? Ah, so PHC International Airport is functional, too? shocked Many of our people are fond of recycling propaganda, instead of facts! angry

2 Likes

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by franfumu(f): 9:00pm On Aug 13, 2017
Niger Delta is seriously damage and less develop. In few years from now when internal combustion engines will phase out, crude oil will be as cheap as water. Then, there will be no more hope to develop the Niger Delta. The people of Niger Delta should realise this and demand for 100% resource control. I hope it is not too late.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abubakar Bafarawa Graduates From University In London (Photos) / Anambra Workers Risk Sack Over IPOB Sit-at-home Order / Yawi Modu: Soldiers Apprehend High Profile Boko Haram Terrorist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.