Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells (28559 Views)

Bauchi, Gombe Oil Wells Cause Tension, Goje Urges Buhari’s Intervention / ‘they're Planning To Grab Our Oil Wells’ - Gov. Wike Cries Out / Oil Discovered In Lagos Water Wells (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by davidif: 11:04pm On Aug 13, 2017
obailala:
The chiefs in the community probably prefer taking the money as cash which they eventually use in buying houses in Abuja and overseas to the detriment of basic infrastructure in their communities.

And later on they will blame the North for their problems.

1 Like

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by davidif: 11:16pm On Aug 13, 2017
ahaz:
My brother na you get time they reply the hypocrite..Nigeria is bult on falsehood and deciet.Have you asked yourself why the yorubas and the gambaries are against dovision? simple tgey are the major beneficiaries of this fraudulent entity.believe me tye yorubas will never allow the trash am seeing in that pix called roads if they are a large oil producer like down south.They see igbos as a conqured people and the south souty as there spoils of war thats why tuey plunder your resources without impunity.
Asari has made ckear that Nija does not belong to yhe east or south but the hausas and tje yorubas.but painfully our people fail to see all this..The north control the oil sectores,allow the yorubs to house their headquater and collect taxes,they allow our seaports in warri,sapela,onne and calanar to die but keep on sighni g more contracts for additional seaport in badahry and lagos..Today the seaports in lagos are overwelmed and instesd of them to divert tfaffic they cjoose to destoy houses and bild bonded terminals..Today lagos is filled up and ogun is benefitting as a result of this cheatting arrangments.so that is why you got such silly reply from the poor fellow cos is an already laid rhetoric they will reply us whenever we raise topics like this.

Man there is so much wrong with this statement that it take a while to unpack but I will only address your false assertion that the North and the West see the South and east as spoils of war to exploit there resources.
First of all, the South East has no resources okay? It's the South South and even then oil exploration is no longer done over there but several kilometres in the sea.

Number 2, if you want a seaport why don't you go borrow money and build your own seaport instead of waiting for the federal govt.

Why don't you people find a way to blame your local leaders? The Fed govt has made concession after concessions to you people and your leaders embezzled it yet not a peep from you guys. It's always finger pointing at the North.

4 Likes

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by komekn(m): 11:40pm On Aug 13, 2017
Isoko1stSon:
The Picture below Is That Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Community, Igbide Kingdom, Isoko South LGA of Delta State.

Just So You Know, This Community Has 26 Oils Wells, But This less Than 4 Kilometres Road Is Left Alone In Such Horrible Sight.

Okowa Where Are The Desopadec Billions ?

Nairaland When You Hear That Youths Have Blown Up The Flow Station In Our Domain ,its Not Rebellion Against The Nigerian State,But Also Against Poor And Greedy Internal leadership And I Hope Some Parasite Up Desert (Naught) will Not Come Saying Trash

26 Oil Wells Are you claiming the oil Wells of Emede, Ehnwe and Olomoro.

I am aware of the warning given to Igbide by the Isoko council of Chiefs.

That Road is not unique to Igbide but that old Road constructed by Shell Dev. dates back to the 1960's and goes all the way to Oleh, Ozoro and beyond it has been abandoned for donkey years.

Although there are better newer alternative roads the coverage is not complete.

1 Like

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by unseriousstud: 12:00am On Aug 14, 2017
[quote author=Isoko1stSon post=59432387]The Picture below Is That Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Community, Igbide Kingdom, Isoko South LGA of Delta State.

Just So You Know, This Community Has 26 Oils Wells, But This less Than 4 Kilometres Road Is Left Alone In Such Horrible Sight.

Okowa Where Are The Desopadec Billions ?

Nairaland When You Hear That Youths Have Blown Up The Flow Station In Our Domain ,its Not Rebellion Against The Nigerian State,But Also Against Poor And Greedy Internal leadership And I Hope Some Parasite Up Desert (Naught) will Not Come Saying Trash [/quote

Till d niger delta pple realize they them selves are their problem dy won't get it ryt
I knw dz place n question
Royalties re being paid to
D chiefs nd leaders of this community yearly but dy pocket it nd some of dm would stil ginger d youths to pick up arms
If u knw fupre n delta i attended fupre, fupre wanted to construct ugbomoro road for dm,d chiefs refused nd asked d sch to give dm d money which d sch refused
Coming bck to delta state,those youths should also talk to dm selves,c d way dy chased out shell nd other company dt was helping dm develop their place
Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by trilobite: 12:18am On Aug 14, 2017
Flakky26:

What it means is that 3rd mainland bridge was FG Project. Why cant the FG do same in these places blessed with oil wells instead of handing cash to chiefs.

Good question.

Speaking from experience, any company intending to exploit any natural resource pays and signs agreements at the federal, state, and community levels.
This picture is one of several that shows the stupidity of community leaders.
Visited one recently in another part of the country, very rich in resources, no tarred roads, dilapidated schools, a total shitty place.

imagine my shock on learning that the community leader gets paid 100mil by any company working there. The fool lavishes the thing on his concubines leaving his people to suffer.

We are not serious in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by Nobody: 12:46am On Aug 14, 2017
majekdom2:
you cannot do any CsR if the community chiefs don't allow you. Their boys can even beat your workers. Since its a voluntary scheme, the oil companies will rather succumb to maintain peace.

stop acting confused.
Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by lexy2014: 12:48am On Aug 14, 2017
Penalty82:

Let's be sincere with our comments. I believe that 3rd main land bridge etc, wasn't given to the Obas to construct.
when I saw ur comment I laughed. Its true 3rd mainland wasn't built by obas.have u ever handled or known anyone who has handled any project especially infrastructure project in d Niger delta?

1 Like

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by ahaz: 1:25am On Aug 14, 2017
testarossa:

Might be right about the oil wells owned by northerners, but every other thing is wrong. Oil companies house their HQ in lagos because of the environment, the other seaprt project u r talking about is being built by the state government, Ogun state is benefitting from neghbouring Lagos state, which is why they have 75% of Nigeria's FDI( foreign direct investment), Most of the developments u see in Lagos are initiatives of the state government and not federal government. the list is endless, tinapa that was built in calabar by their state government , have u asked why its not prospering , what if I told you if Lagos state or Ogun state government built such projects it would thrive well due to location and population. Same thing goes for International airports , port harcourt airport fly's international, no policy of the fg tells travellers where to land, or have u asked yourself why dangote is building his refinery in Lagos? be objective in your arguments,

What u would ask yourself is what has your state government done to develop ur state.
The issue am stressing is the machervellian political policy pepertrated by the north against the ss and se region.The seaports in lagos for example, tue apapa wharf wad built by the british,the tin can port by the federal government and non by lagos state.Some years back there was a complian by seafarers that the eastern ports needs urgent dredging to accomofate heavy catgoes but the fg declined.
Today ask an importer why he chooses to import goods from lagos instead of eastern ports he will tell you that most shipping companies prefare lagos stting excuses which are mostly political and tuats why an importer in onitsha and aba will go to lagos while he has a nearby port less than 300km from his locstion.
So as long as this coumtry is mot restructured we will continue to hlame fraud government(federal govrrnment).Whenever we have true fedralism were everyone will have. a level playing gound i will see how many people will remain in lagos talklesd of shiftingbto ogun..
Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by Desyner: 1:48am On Aug 14, 2017
obailala:
The chiefs in the community probably prefer taking the money as cash which they eventually use in buying houses in Abuja and overseas to the detriment of basic infrastructure in their communities.
Even if you offer to construct that road you must drop something for their pocket. That's ND for you.

1 Like

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by laudate: 1:50am On Aug 14, 2017
unseriousstud:
Till d niger delta pple realize they them selves are their problem dy won't get it ryt
I knw dz place n question
Royalties re being paid to
D chiefs nd leaders of this community yearly but dy pocket it nd some of dm would stil ginger d youths to pick up arms
If u knw fupre n delta i attended fupre, fupre wanted to construct ugbomoro road for dm,d chiefs refused nd asked d sch to give dm d money which d sch refused
Coming bck to delta state,those youths should also talk to dm selves,c d way dy chased out shell nd other company dt was helping dm develop their place

Please can you write in simple, proper English using complete words and phrases, so that everyone can understand the point you are trying to make?? shocked
Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by laudate: 1:52am On Aug 14, 2017
ahaz:
The issue am stressing is the machervellian political policy pepertrated by the north against the ss and se region.The seaports in lagos for example, tue apapa wharf wad built by the british,the tin can port by the federal government and non by lagos state.Some years back there was a complian by seafarers that the eastern ports needs urgent dredging to accomofate heavy catgoes but the fg declined.
Today ask an importer why he chooses to import goods from lagos instead of eastern ports he will tell you that most shipping companies prefare lagos stting excuses which are mostly political and tuats why an importer in onitsha and aba will go to lagos while he has a nearby port less than 300km from his locstion.
So as long as this coumtry is mot restructured we will continue to hlame fraud government(federal govrrnment).Whenever we have true fedralism were everyone will have. a level playing gound i will see how many people will remain in lagos talklesd of shiftingbto ogun..

Oga, importers have been using Port-Harcourt seaport and Onne port to import their cargo. Wey you dey since? shocked Why can't you and your people use those ports?

erico2k2:

Even the One @ Sapele, well everything must be in Lagos, but guess what, the Sea port in PH is very functional,I received my last container from there Jan this year from china.SO its all good.slow but steady.

Erico2k, abeg help me preach this gospel to your people on NL. wink Tell them that Port-Harcourt sea port is working, o! shocked They should stop their propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by sapele914(m): 2:11am On Aug 14, 2017
obailala:
Which Chiefs? You mean to say the past governors,ibori,uduaghan, okowa and their cronies?Delta State is a big disgrace,only criminals with no innovation have been ruling since 1999. Desopadec is their cash cow.

2 Likes

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by Originalsly: 2:13am On Aug 14, 2017
Danielmoore:
We are still better than Rivers state
Hmmm.... content to live in misery because somewhere else is believed to be worse.... and we wonder why such poor infrastructure.

2 Likes

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by davidif: 2:49am On Aug 14, 2017
omoiyalayi:

No be lie u nailed it

Some of this chief are more criminal than anybody.

That was how somebody was telling me the other day about a chief in ekiti state that refused a contractor carried out work on a road that passed through his town because he want more money than other Obas had collected, the contractor was paying them so they will allow them work on the road. The contractor had to abandoned the work and continue from the next town, the road is still in dilapidated state till today.

We really need help in this country

Smh in disgust.

1 Like

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by davidif: 2:51am On Aug 14, 2017
malc619:
Federal Allocation to Delta State Govt..

13% derivation

Delsopadec

Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs

NDDC

Paris Loan Refund

Bailout Funds..

Etc..

If we cannot get help from any of these sources around us, then maybe we deserve to continue in perpetual suffering while blaming the north and excusing our failed leaders.

You dey mind dem? Their mantra seems to be when all else fails, blame the North.

3 Likes

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by obailala(m): 4:04am On Aug 14, 2017
limeta:

I know what's going on there
The federal government of Hausa fulani and yorubas only want the oil
They don't care about the people

Must you reason from the point of view of a pained and deprived loser all the time? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by obailala(m): 4:05am On Aug 14, 2017
erico2k2:

Speak of what you know Plz.
I am speaking of what I know very very well.

1 Like

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by obailala(m): 4:13am On Aug 14, 2017
Henrypraise:

u ar talking nonsense n stop insinuating, did u or buhari hive any chief any money as cash? u shud reason properly b4 talking pls...
You are talking out of a position of ignorance, you have no idea what really goes in there. You should step foot into those communities and see what happens. These were the sort of things saro wiwa fought too.

1 Like

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by obailala(m): 4:25am On Aug 14, 2017
PrecisionFx:

it's an idiotic move to give me money to leaders of a community to develop infrastructure... .if it were in the north, they will give the money to Julius Berger
You have probably never really been to the Niger Delta where the govt has to even pay youths and chiefs some development levy (a.k.a. deve) before being allowed to build roads, hospitals etc. Like I said before, many dont have a clue over the kind of politics of blackmail going on in those communities. If the leaders in those communities wanted Julius Berger, Julius berger would be there in a split second. But majority of them simply want the cash/ contract given to them directly. Refuse the request to release the money/contracts to them and hell would be let lose on pipelines, oil worker etc.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by ddeola: 5:22am On Aug 14, 2017
26 oil wells yet the place look so impoverished !

Why my Niger delta people no go para

It is a shame and shame on all the past governors of the state. sad sad sad
Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by Nobody: 5:59am On Aug 14, 2017
obailala:
You have probably never really been to the Niger Delta where the govt has to even pay youths and chiefs some development levy (a.k.a. deve) before being allowed to build roads, hospitals etc. Like I said before, many dont have a clue over the kind of politics of blackmail going on in those communities. If the leaders in those communities wanted Julius Berger, Julius berger would be there in a split second. But majority of them simply want the cash/ contract given to them directly. Refuse the request to release the money/contracts to them and hell would be let lose on pipelines, oil worker etc.

There's nothing wrong in dropping deve fees, what's wrong is giving 500 million naira to one man to execute projects, the government does such intentionally just to make sure that rejoin remain in perpetual darkness.
FG should simply sort the youth n leaders n then build those developments by themselves. forget about that ur pipeline bombing stories abeg.
Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by bejeria101(m): 6:48am On Aug 14, 2017
Just got in frm a trip in delta,some of the roads are so bad you would think they stole the road,for pete sake who steals a road?
Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by Nely77(m): 7:08am On Aug 14, 2017
tribalistseun:
Afonja if them show you, do you know what it looks like?
Please ask him!

1 Like

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by obailala(m): 7:25am On Aug 14, 2017
PrecisionFx:

There's nothing wrong in dropping deve fees, what's wrong is giving 500 million naira to one man to execute projects, the government does such intentionally just to make sure that rejoin remain in perpetual darkness.
FG should simply sort the youth n leaders n then build those developments by themselves. forget about that ur pipeline bombing stories abeg.
Like I said, you dont have a clue how bad the politics of disbursing niger delta development funds is. You suggest that the youths and elders should be bribed first by govt before building hospitals, roads and schools in their communities?... I'm sure you have no clue how much bribe these people demand, hence why you support the irresponsibility.

And then again, imagine the FG decides to scrap NDDC and 13% derivation (which are specifically meant for projects like this)?... Imagine the FG decides to add those funds to a special office under Fashola's Works ministry for development of these communities. You would be surprised at where nuclear bombs would enter Nigeria from to destroy every single oil facility and bring down production to zero in protest against the FG's decision. And of course, people like you would still come online to blast the FG for marginalising the communities by not releasing development funds to the dubious leaders.

By the way, how come it's always the fault of the FG when little community roads like these are not in good shape? ... I've never heard of the FG not releasing the 13% development funds for these communities to state governments; so how come all the blame always goes to the FG and none to state governments that receive the funds and swallow it?

2 Likes

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by vRendoh(m): 8:37am On Aug 14, 2017
[quote author=cstr1000 post=59433941]
You are talking to Evil people.
Why do you think Delta state left the old western region to create a mid-west region.?
Becasue awolowo showed them pepper with his marginalization.. [/quote

cry cry cry cry
Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by testarossa: 9:16am On Aug 14, 2017
ahaz:

This is what u should have said earlier, not mentioning Yoruba's and Lagos as cause of the problem. Every achievement of Lagos and ogun are largely due to policies of the state government and because it is now benefitting from having a large population, UAE has more foreigners than citizens in its country, u know why? Its because they have created a condusive environment for that.
Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 14, 2017
AntiIPOB:
The topic is delta state and the state of roads there not Lagos,please delayers will be shot at sight.
DERAILERS bro
Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by limeta(f): 10:47am On Aug 14, 2017
obailala:
Must you reason from the point of view of a pained and deprived loser all the time? undecided

Two sides to a coin
Only if you were from the niger delta
Then you know what is pain and deprivation
But of cause as a parasite you don't walk the walk
Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by Bizibi(m): 10:49am On Aug 14, 2017
Even otor-iyede roads are better than this......and no oil well there.
Is there no wealthy individual from that community?
Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by Bizibi(m): 10:52am On Aug 14, 2017
obailala:
it is not in all communities, where I come from in isoko side,they don't collect development fee and there is no oil well there but there are tarred roads in most part of the village.

1 Like

Re: Terrible State Of A Road In Owodokpokpo Delta Community With 26 Oils Wells by obailala(m): 11:50am On Aug 14, 2017
limeta:

Two sides to a coin
Only if you were from the niger delta
Then you know what is pain and deprivation
But of cause as a parasite you don't walk the walk
Kindly shut up with your silly parasitic talk. Stop using every topic as an avenue to come wail ignorantly. I may not be from the Niger delta, but I was born and raised in the Niger Delta; and I'm sure by virtue of my orientation, I am in a very good position to understand what happens in the area.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Drone View Of APC 'Zone A' Rally In Bida Township Stadium, Niger State (Photos) / Who Is The Best Or Worst Governor In The South South. / Ajimobi Greets Rashidi Ladoja (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.