Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,150 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? (2364 Views)

Interesting Message Or Heresy: Pst Chris Says Jesus Is No Longer The Way / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by immargee: 3:40pm On Feb 15, 2010
I wonder if people ever get hurt falling all over the place. seeing those white chairs flying, im not a skeptic but i have just wondered how safe it is,
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by KunleOshob(m): 3:56pm On Feb 15, 2010
Na i don't think any body gets hurt, it's a well ochestrated drama!
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by immargee: 3:56pm On Feb 15, 2010
oh shoot! lol!
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by Annunaki(m): 4:58pm On Feb 15, 2010
What does pastor chris give As far as I know, he doesn't give anything, he only takes/receives from his gullible sheeple. tongue
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by Enigma(m): 6:32pm On Feb 15, 2010
KunleOshob:

. . . it's a well ochestrated drama!

Like with wrestling back in the day; as school boys we used to think the thing was genuine until we started seeing that the whole thing was 'orchestrated' and planned before hand.

For those of a certain age who would remember Mighty Igor, the only real (not orchestrated) fight he ever had was in our very Lagos and Ray Apollon scattered his head with head butt.

We only pray that many people's eyes will become similarly open to all these fake "slaying in the spirit", "falling under the anointing" nonsense!
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by pcmecom(m): 6:39pm On Feb 15, 2010
lol
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by ogajim(m): 2:23am On Feb 16, 2010
LOL @ mighty Igor and Ray Apollon, don't forget Mil Mascaras, Tex McKenzie, Argentina Apollo, na wa for waec oooooo

They had us glued to the TV thinking it was all real and even argue during recess and breaks, "Actor no dey die"
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by Joagbaje(m): 6:15pm On Feb 16, 2010
When a man is under the influence of God's spirit ,natural laws are suspended, That is why Elijah , moses, Jesus could go 40 days without food and probably water.So they cant be wounded except someone get distracted. There is no drama required. afterall ,not everybody falls, it depends on the extent of the power being dicharged some were not touched but fell by the power also.

John 18:4-6
Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye? [5] They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them. [6] As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

No record of anybody wounded here , and im not aware Jesus had a dress rehearsal for this.Several places in the bible , people have fallen down by Gods power or became so overwhelmed that they cant stand the pressence of his glory,

1 Kings 8:11
So that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud: for the glory of the Lord had filled the house of the Lord.

Ezekiel 3:23
Then I arose, and went forth into the plain: and, behold, the glory of the Lord stood there, as the glory which I saw by the river of Chebar: and I fell on my face.

Acts 22:7
And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by Mavenb0x(m): 6:35pm On Feb 16, 2010
^^^ I love that verse:

John 18:4-6
    Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye? [5] They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them. [6] As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground
  grin They did not know what they were up against!
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by mbaemeka(m): 12:11am On Feb 17, 2010
grin grin grin me too!
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by immargee: 6:50am On Feb 17, 2010
So when pastor Chris shouts TAKE IT!!!!! and all of those people fall at once and those littile white chairs go flying everywhere all on top of the people behind them nobody ever gets hurt? or trampled on? all of those people falling on top of each other and the chairs flying with them no body ever realizes , hey you kicked me! or get off of my face?
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by Enigma(m): 7:32am On Feb 17, 2010
immargee:

So when pastor Chris shouts TAKE IT!!!!! and all of those people fall at once and those littile white chairs go flying everywhere all on top of the people behind them nobody ever gets hurt? or trampled on? all of those people falling on top of each other and the chairs flying with them no body ever realizes , hey you kicked me! or get off of my face?

Nah, understand this in context; those who fall as part of the orchestration (even when they do it not because they were specifically told to but becuase they believe it is expected of them) generally do not get hurt; however, you are right that some people do get hurt when it occurs in mass hysteria.
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by immargee: 7:50am On Feb 17, 2010
DO THEY GET HURT BECAUSE ITS NONSENSE? OR BECAUSE THE POWER HIT THEM SO HARD AND THEY JUST FALL BACK ON EACH OTHER? IS THE MASS GROUP FALLING AT ONCE AFTER PASTOR SHOUTS "TAKE IT" APART THE THE SHOW TOO?
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by Enigma(m): 8:05am On Feb 17, 2010
Which "power" is hitting them? Some demonic "power"; people just falling out of a sense of "obligation" even though nothing really hit them; or an even more insidious one like the Ghanaian (or Ugandan?) "pastor" who ordered a concealable electric taser to use for his own version of "take it".

The people doing the "take it" nonsense are simplyy charlatans deceiving the gullible and the susceptible!

ETA

See more on the Ghanaian (actually not Ugandan but at the time Uganda-based) pastor who ordered electric shock machine here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-66065.0.html and also the BBC Report http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/6294666.stm
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by Joagbaje(m): 8:49am On Feb 17, 2010
Electric tasers are for security use . Did they say he used it on people in church? can you paste the link?. How would someone carry a gun looking device at the altar. Ha! alhaji !!!

What about the people far away that were not touched and still fell, I have experienced it, even though I was once critical of it in ignorance like you. Have you watched emmanual tv and see some spiritual punches? 30 meters away?.Why dont you search things out yourself, Ignorance is not lack of knowledge but ignoring knowledge, and that is foolishness. A wise man search out and not argue blindly.

Proverbs 25:2
It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

why will a responsible man, white or black go to a church just to fall on the ground . who gave them instruction.
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by Enigma(m): 8:53am On Feb 17, 2010
Joagbaje

I'm very sorry that I see you as a deluded simpleton which is why initially I took the trouble to try and explain things to you extensively on another thread; now I will not bother to that extent anymore. I will mostly just ridicule the nonsensical doctrines with which you have been brainwashed. The only thing is that I also keep praying that the likes of you will have their eyes opened by the true Spirit of God.
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by Joagbaje(m): 9:28am On Feb 17, 2010
Im praying for youu too jare my broda, it is the word of God youre ridicling
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by KunleOshob(m): 9:37am On Feb 17, 2010
Joagbaje:

Electric tasers are for security use . Did they say he used it on people in church? can you paste the link?. How would someone carry a gun looking device at the altar. Ha! alhaji !!!

Which kind f church would use electric tasers on their congregation as a form of security What actually are they securing? The illicit tithes and extorted offerings which they collected? why don't they rely on their "faith" to protect their loot? why use electric tasers? tongue
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by Joagbaje(m): 10:59am On Feb 17, 2010
KunleOshob:

Which kind f church would use electric tasers on their congregation as a form of security What actually are they securing? The illicit tithes and extorted offerings which they collected? tongue

I didnt say they use electric taser on their congregation for security.Is taser not fairer than guns? People could use taser to demobilise a criminal until police comes.

why don't they rely on their "faith" to protect their loot? why use electric tasers? 

It is alarming you can use such word as "loot" on people's precious offering to God.

But to answer the question.Yes,faith protects and security measures are not overruled in a wicked world.Didnt you read how the priest protected the rebuilding of the temple and walls of jerusallem when oppositions began to threaten them

Neh. 4:17-18
    They which builded on the wall, and they that bare burdens, with those that laded, every one with one of his hands wrought in the work, and with the other hand held a[b] weapon[/b]. [18] For the builders, every one had his sword girded by his side, and so builded. And he that sounded the trumpet was by me.

Jesus once told the deciples to arm themselves

Luke 22:36
    Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no[b] sword, [/b] let him sell his garment, and buy one.
[38] And they said, Lord, behold, here are two[b] swords[/b]. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Where did Peter get the sword he used to slice that other man

John 18:10
    Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus.

Are you not aware of someone that carry bomb to a CEC tv station . ofcourse angels prevented death but a metal dictector could have prevented the incidence.
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by iheanyi4u(m): 6:30pm On Feb 17, 2010
@porter, I was almost like you dat is believing the 'take it' bit was rehearsed. But I recently gave my life to Christ and started attending christ embassy. I was opportuned to be at the youth conference at Lagos,and was sitting in front. When pastor Chris was preaching, at a point he was full of d annoiting and said take it, I fell under d Power of God and (checks his body) there is no injury of anykind. So better believe it is not rehearsed.
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by KunleOshob(m): 6:43pm On Feb 17, 2010
iheanyi4u:

@porter, I was almost like you dat is believing the 'take it' bit was rehearsed. But I recently gave my life to Christ and started attending christ embassy. I was opportuned to be at the youth conference at Lagos,and was sitting in front. When pastor Chris was preaching, at a point he was full of d annoiting and said take it, I fell under d Power of God and (checks his body) there is no injury of anykind. So better believe it is not rehearsed.

CEC plc members are notorious for giving false testimonies on this forum, if you fell then it must have been a demonic attack tongue as we know that there are legions of demons in that cult called CEC.
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 17, 2010
@ Joagbaje

Have you wondered that apart from the Orchestration, it would be foolish or sinful to fail to "fall" because in that scenery, atmosphere, and you are in front of the centre of attraction, the pastor, you would be tempted to do hero worship.
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by mbaemeka(m): 1:43am On Feb 18, 2010
babaearly:

@ Joagbaje

Have you wondered that apart from the Orchestration, it would be foolish or sinful to fail to "fall" because in that scenery, atmosphere, and you are in front of the centre of attraction, the pastor, you would be tempted to do hero worship.

what of the people that fall very far from the pastor. do they also not want to look foolish. caranally minded lot.
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by Mavenb0x(m): 9:46am On Feb 18, 2010
Whats all the fuss about? Whoever does not want to take it can just say BACK TO SENDER! grin
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by Zikkyy(m): 12:28pm On Feb 18, 2010
Mavenb0x:

Whats all the fuss about? Whoever does not want to take it can just say BACK TO SENDER! grin

grin grin grin
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by saharachic(f): 2:29pm On Feb 18, 2010
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by ukotmi: 6:48pm On Feb 18, 2010
KunleOshob:

CEC plc members are notorious for giving false testimonies on this forum, if you fell then it must have been a demonic attack tongue as we know that there are legions of demons in that cult called CEC.

I have noticed that nothing good comes from CEC as far as KunleOshob is concerned. Well, KunleOshob is the one bearing false testimonies against CEC. How can he speak with authority on a church he knows nothing about? Before I can accept what he is saying,he needs to visit CEC for a month and then come to the forum and air his opinion. Otherwise, he is only repeating hearsay and prejudiced views. I rarely speak on any church until i have visited it and interacted with the members and leadership.

I have been to Watchman, Deeperlife, Redeemed,CEC, Catholic, Anglican etc and can point a lot of things observed on close interaction. Look into a matter very well before dropping your comment. And nobody born of a woman has the final say on wether any preacher or pastor is right or wrong.God is the final judge. I have gained a lot by listening to several preachers. I pick the sound aspects of their messages and dump the wrong ones.

Examples: I listen to the Lord's Chosen TV choir ministration but have no business with their stand on women not wearing ear rings etc.
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by woye77: 7:04pm On Feb 18, 2010
@ poster - shocked MayGod forgive you

1 Like

Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by mabell: 7:53am On Feb 19, 2010
Enigma:

Joagbaje

I'm very sorry that I see you as a deluded simpleton which is why initially I took the trouble to try and explain things to you extensively on another thread; now I will not bother to that extent anymore. I will mostly just ridicule the nonsensical doctrines with which you have been brainwashed. The only thing is that I also keep praying that the likes of you will have their eyes opened by the true Spirit of God.
sorry for the dissapointment, sad
iheanyi4u:

they have being left in the dark for too long. WHY NOT ATTEND A CHRIST EMBASSY SERVICE ( KUNLEOSHOBI and co), YOUR LIVES WILL BE GIVEN A MEANING smiley
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by mabell: 8:02am On Feb 19, 2010
Joagbaje:

What about the people far away that were not touched and still fell, I have experienced it, even though I was once critical of it in ignorance like you. Have you watched emmanual tv and see some spiritual punches? 30 meters away?.Why dont you search things out yourself, Ignorance is not lack of knowledge but ignoring knowledge, and that is foolishness. A wise man search out and not argue blindly.

Proverbs 25:2
It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

why will a responsible man, white or black go to a church just to fall on the ground . who gave them instruction.

hmmm, there was one i watched, he ( TB Joshua) stood some meters away from a robber that came to his church and and flogged him without a cane in his hand, i stayed glued to the screen and when i saw the robbers response i couldn't help but scream. he took off with sreams, scatching his back and with tears in his eyes. when he was asked what why he did that he said it was like he was being flogged with " kobokobo".
So how many will TB joshua orchestrate?
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by mabell: 8:14am On Feb 19, 2010
@ poster,
no they don't get hurt.
it happened before the days of Jesus, it happened during the days of Jesus so tell me, why shouldn't it happen now afterall Jesus said" 12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father"
John 14:12 (KJV)
infact, it should happen over the phone and via webcams and all ways possible,
anywhere the spirit of the Lord can reach, which is everywhere of course
Re: Does Anybody Get Hurt When Pastor Chris Says: "take It"? by jagunlabi(m): 9:30am On Feb 19, 2010
What are they taking sef?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Survival From Crucifixion / That's My King.. / Which Of These Churches Will Jesus Accept And Attend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.