Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Why We Don’t Investigate Income Of Those Who Make Donations– Bishop Of Nnewi - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why We Don’t Investigate Income Of Those Who Make Donations– Bishop Of Nnewi (18480 Views)

Samuel Kelechi Eze, Polygamous Bishop Of Anglican Church In Akwete Abia- 2 Wives / Lucius Iwejuru Ugorji, Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Imo Resumes Duty / Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Don’t Investigate Income Of Those Who Make Donations– Bishop Of Nnewi by rheether(f): 8:06am On Aug 14, 2017
bravesoul247:
How is it a huge joke please? And which church do you attend?

St Anthony Mary claret Catholic Church.
Re: Why We Don’t Investigate Income Of Those Who Make Donations– Bishop Of Nnewi by saintandsinnerz: 8:09am On Aug 14, 2017
TINALETC3:
Oga Bishop, itz nt necessary 4 u 2 go out making enquiry abt d source of income donated, it's go na b difficult, 4 instance, sumone who stays over seas wl b difficult to verify. Al u need to do is preach against it, if Ur source of income is 4rm prostitute, robbery, kidnapping etc, "dnt gv it 2 d church",, even God wl bear u witness if dey disobey ur preaching.
Bt in a situation whereby, sumone wants to single_handedly build d church or renovate it, haba, Oga Bishop dat one 2much na, u gat to investigate abeg
Investigate what exactly? Have you investigated the source of income of all the men that have given you money? Do you know their source of income? Every Dick and Harry will be talking for talking sake without thinking through what they are saying
Re: Why We Don’t Investigate Income Of Those Who Make Donations– Bishop Of Nnewi by saintandsinnerz: 8:15am On Aug 14, 2017
ProfEinstein:
I beg to disagree with my lord bishop, if someone with a questionable source of wealth comes to donate hugely to the church , the onus lies on the church to do a thorough background check on the individual before accepting such Greek gifts. The church should serve as the epicenter of morality and should not out of greed and love for money be in a haste to collect gifts from individuals with questionable source of wealth. This ozubulu incident should be an eye opener for the church .
Easier said than done, I hope you have investigated the source of all the monies you have received in your life time. Tell me how to do this investigation exactly? And you think the donor will be waiting for the church to finish their investigations before he donates his money. Abeg make una free the church,our hypocrisy don too much
Re: Why We Don’t Investigate Income Of Those Who Make Donations– Bishop Of Nnewi by Kulas: 8:16am On Aug 14, 2017
TINALETC3:
Oga Bishop, itz nt necessary 4 u 2 go out making enquiry abt d source of income donated, it's go na b difficult, 4 instance, sumone who stays over seas wl b difficult to verify. Al u need to do is preach against it, if Ur source of income is 4rm prostitute, robbery, kidnapping etc, "dnt gv it 2 d church",, even God wl bear u witness if dey disobey ur preaching.
Bt in a situation whereby, sumone wants to single_handedly build d church or renovate it, haba, Oga Bishop dat one 2much na, u gat to investigate abeg

Gbam, u are on point
Re: Why We Don’t Investigate Income Of Those Who Make Donations– Bishop Of Nnewi by saintandsinnerz: 8:21am On Aug 14, 2017
EponOjuku:

The age of Methuselah has nothing to do with the wisdom of Solomon. The fact that the Catholic Church is old doesn't mean it's infallible.

If age were a determinant, Prostitution is older than the Catholic Church, has been in existence for ages, has more patrons than the Catholic Church.

Yet, this doesn't make prostitution right.

The truth is that the Catholic Church goofed big time on this one and the Bishop just made a complete fool of himself.

The Pope usually issues statements when Churches are attacked across the world. Why has he failed to comment on this?

Just as was done in Ahiara Diocese of Mbaise, our brethren across the Niger in Nnewi Diocese have embarrassed the Holy Father once again.
I don't think you deserve to comment on a public forum.
Re: Why We Don’t Investigate Income Of Those Who Make Donations– Bishop Of Nnewi by Ceazario: 8:50am On Aug 14, 2017
rheether:
The catholic church is a huge joke.
I wanted to say something to you but I had 2 check ur profile first. Next time u want 2 talk, make sure what say is reasonable.
Re: Why We Don’t Investigate Income Of Those Who Make Donations– Bishop Of Nnewi by tete7000(m): 9:21am On Aug 14, 2017
rheether:

What do you believe or which church do you attend first? Answer the question first and some discussion can then follow.
Re: Why We Don’t Investigate Income Of Those Who Make Donations– Bishop Of Nnewi by Sirheny007(m): 9:53am On Aug 14, 2017
Over the years, the popularity of the Catholic church has waned because of these incriminating incidences on the laymen and clergy,
Questionable policies, laws and rules.
I am a Catholic and it is still the no. 1 Church in the world.
However, it needs serious reform..
Re: Why We Don’t Investigate Income Of Those Who Make Donations– Bishop Of Nnewi by Sirheny007(m): 9:56am On Aug 14, 2017
rheether:

Over the years, the popularity of the Catholic church has waned because of these incriminating incidences on the laymen and clergy,
Questionable policies, laws and rules.
I am a Catholic and it is still the no. 1 Church in the world.
However, it needs serious reform..
Re: Why We Don’t Investigate Income Of Those Who Make Donations– Bishop Of Nnewi by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 14, 2017
ProfEinstein:
I beg to disagree with my lord bishop, if someone with a questionable source of wealth comes to donate hugely to the church , the onus lies on the church to do a thorough background check on the individual before accepting such Greek gifts. The church should serve as the epicenter of morality and should not out of greed and love for money be in a haste to collect gifts from individuals with questionable source of wealth. This ozubulu incident should be an eye opener for the church .

What is now the job of police...ehn EFCC?

Govt can't investigate but church should take over abi. You do well.
Re: Why We Don’t Investigate Income Of Those Who Make Donations– Bishop Of Nnewi by isotech080(m): 10:13am On Aug 14, 2017
truth be told, it is Paramount that church leaders (be it priest or bishop, evangelist or pastor) ask a member some reasonable question wen "questionable" funds are brought to d house of God.
ask him or her d nature of work or business.
If d nature of work is genuine, he can even pray into d person's business and ask God for more increase. bt if d business isnt genuine my brother flee from all appearances of evil, forget this one Bishop is saying.
wen a church funding is illegal, d alter is polluted.

Habakkuk 2:12 Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and stablisheth a city by iniquity!
Re: Why We Don’t Investigate Income Of Those Who Make Donations– Bishop Of Nnewi by isotech080(m): 10:16am On Aug 14, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

What is now the job of police...ehn EFCC?

Govt can't investigate but church should take over abi. You do well.

Here u got it wrong, d church is supposed to be d light! we are meant to show d world d right things
Re: Why We Don’t Investigate Income Of Those Who Make Donations– Bishop Of Nnewi by freshinko: 10:36am On Aug 14, 2017
He who is without sin or fault, should first cast a stone at theBishop. Did you report the ill source of the man's wealth to the Bishop and he refused to act?
Re: Why We Don’t Investigate Income Of Those Who Make Donations– Bishop Of Nnewi by isotech080(m): 10:50am On Aug 14, 2017
freshinko:
He who is without sin or fault, should first cast a stone at theBishop. Did you report the ill source of the man's wealth to the Bishop and he refused to act?

Report or no report, d bishop is supposed to have asked d man.....now tell me, hw on earth wud u as a son bring a very huge amount to ur dad(or parent) and they neva care to ask? My dear Do nt be deceived, God csn neva be mocked.....these Christian leaders knws d right thing to do bt wont do it, for Christ sake these are our spiritual leaders, people who hears frm God!
Re: Why We Don’t Investigate Income Of Those Who Make Donations– Bishop Of Nnewi by T2best: 12:08pm On Aug 14, 2017
AdoraAmadi:
Following the attack St Phillips Catholic Church in Ozubulu has been subjected to after it was alleged that last Sunday's massacre in the church was a business deal gone wrong between two drug lords, one of whom had donated a building to the church, Bishop of Nnewi Diocese, Most Rev Hilary Odili Okeke, has explained why the church does not investigate the source of income of those who give it offerings and donations.

Bishop Hillary Okeke said;

"If you get the information that the person is making his money through a dubious way in criminality, then you know what to do. It is not just a question of anybody who brings money or offers anything to the church, you go to the police and ask them to investigate this man’s source of wealth before you accept it. It is not done. If you do it, then even in the church we should not be accepting any money because evil people can come to church and give. It is God who knows if the person is giving the money from criminal or immoral source. God knows everybody and will reward the person accordingly. If you know that the person is a criminal that is when you now tell him, my man go and change.”he said

He also lashed out at some parishioners who have called for his resignation following the attack.

“They themselves will resign first. If they want me to resign, let them resign first. Let them resign. People just open their mouth and begin to say what they like and you should not listen to all that people say. If people who know everything will come out and bring any criminality upon the bishop, bishop will take action, the church will take action. Not that someone opens his mouth to say whatever he likes. They are free to say whatever they want to say.”

http://www.lailasblog.com/dont-investigate-income-make-donations-bishop-nnewi-rev-okeke/

Lalasticlala
I was not expecting anything less from him. funny enough most of the guys they collect money from are known people with questionable credentials. They even encourage them by giving them title. Because of selfish interest, they church is becoming worldly. I only pray that God should grant rest to those who lost their lives.
Re: Why We Don’t Investigate Income Of Those Who Make Donations– Bishop Of Nnewi by bravesoul247(m): 12:24pm On Aug 14, 2017
rheether:

St Anthony Mary claret Catholic Church.
You've still not said how the Catholic Church is a huge joke. I for like know.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is The Founder Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Organization / William Kumuyi Celebrates His 75 Birthday Today! / Download/listen To "Dancers At The Gate Of Death" -a Sermon By Dr. D. K. Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.