Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,209 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Buhari: BBC Slams Nigerian President For Medical Treatment Abroad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: BBC Slams Nigerian President For Medical Treatment Abroad (694 Views)

Obasanjo Featured On BBC, Slams Buhari Again, Nigerians React , / Lifeless : Na Dem Dey Rush Buhari- BBC / Video Of Yusuf Buhari's Arrival In Nigeria After His Medical Treatment Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: BBC Slams Nigerian President For Medical Treatment Abroad by aolawale025: 10:34am On Aug 14, 2017
Buhari: BBC slams Nigeria president for medical treatment abroad

BBC has criticised President Muhammadu Buhari for “an apparent lack of faith in the health systems at home”.

Buhari was named in the category of five African presidents who routinely travel abroad for medical treatment.

Others listed were Presidents Abdelaziz Bouteflika (Algeria), Robert Mugabe (Zimbabwe), Jose Eduardo dos Santos (Angola) and Patrice Talon (Benin).

Buhari was described as the “first among equals” in terms of time spent abroad getting medical help.

In the report, BBC quoted Naziru Mikailu, its Abuja editor, as saying the public health system in Nigeria is terrible because of poor funding.

Earlier in the year, Buhari spent 49 days in the United Kingdom.

He returned to the London on May 7 and has been there since.

Buhari received his media team at the Abuja House on Saturday.

“I feel I could go home, but the doctors are in charge. I’ve now learnt to obey orders, rather than be obeyed,” Femi Adesina, Buhari’s spokesman, quoted him as saying.

“I’ve learnt to obey my doctor’s orders, rather than be the one issuing the orders. Here, the doctor is absolutely in charge.”

Buhari: BBC slams Nigeria president for medical treatment abroad - Daily Post Nigeria
http://dailypost.ng/2017/08/14/buhari-bbc-slams-nigeria-president-medical-treatment-abroad/?utm_source=DailyPost+Newsletter&utm_campaign=1edec67974-Morning_headlines&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_7c25dc3ce6-1edec67974-227895321
Re: Buhari: BBC Slams Nigerian President For Medical Treatment Abroad by Jostico: 10:35am On Aug 14, 2017
where's Lai Mohammed ? And for buhari, his thought and reasoning is more like that of a child. " I've learnt to obey my doctor's orders, rather than be the one issuing the orders " #onechance president of a country.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: BBC Slams Nigerian President For Medical Treatment Abroad by paschu: 10:35am On Aug 14, 2017
shocked
Re: Buhari: BBC Slams Nigerian President For Medical Treatment Abroad by nairayouthcom(m): 10:37am On Aug 14, 2017
is DAT all
Re: Buhari: BBC Slams Nigerian President For Medical Treatment Abroad by thesicilian: 10:38am On Aug 14, 2017
How can you have faith in what you have destroyed with your own hands?!
Re: Buhari: BBC Slams Nigerian President For Medical Treatment Abroad by aolawale025: 10:42am On Aug 14, 2017
As if the sufferings of the people isn't enough. Now Nigeria is been exposed to foreign ridicule
Re: Buhari: BBC Slams Nigerian President For Medical Treatment Abroad by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 14, 2017
Buhari is a failure to himself,God,Nigerians and his blind supporters.

The budget for Aso Rock clinic was bigger than all the budgets for the whole hospitals in Nigeria combined.

As if that was not enough,he travelled to UK for medical tourism,only God knows how much that has been spent for such trip.

The irony is that his supporters and their families are also being denied access to gOod health care because of his incompetence and they are still supporting him.

THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN MUST SET FORTH AT DAWN.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: BBC Slams Nigerian President For Medical Treatment Abroad by tribalistseun: 10:45am On Aug 14, 2017
Buhari is from the north that is filled with illiterates. Don't expect anything good from the North
Re: Buhari: BBC Slams Nigerian President For Medical Treatment Abroad by lordimmaogidi(m): 10:51am On Aug 14, 2017
Y are they crying now,when they are supporting this contraption called nigeria
Re: Buhari: BBC Slams Nigerian President For Medical Treatment Abroad by mightyhazell: 10:52am On Aug 14, 2017
The greatest scammer in Nigerian history!

1 Like

Re: Buhari: BBC Slams Nigerian President For Medical Treatment Abroad by eagleeye2: 10:53am On Aug 14, 2017
Mmiri ana awu n' okwute
Re: Buhari: BBC Slams Nigerian President For Medical Treatment Abroad by Nbote(m): 10:58am On Aug 14, 2017
Where are those hypnotic morons called zombies, BBC has also joined bad gang of Igbos abi because these days anyone against d President's continuous stay in London is simply an IPod or Biafra youth...

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Guber Election - Contesting Parties And Their Respective Candidates / Biafra Declares War On Nigerian Army / Oto - Awori Lcda: Celebration Of A Grassroots Leader. By Eniola Opeyemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.