Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Yet Another Madness:former Tinubu's Aide Murdered - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yet Another Madness:former Tinubu's Aide Murdered (1042 Views)

Tinubu's Aide Blasts Buhari For Flagrant Disobedience Of Court Orders. Explosive / Another Madness Aside From Trekking Alighted +pic / ‘factors That Aided Apc’s Victory At The Polls’ - Tinubu's Aide, Dare, Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yet Another Madness:former Tinubu's Aide Murdered by Eziachi: 1:55am On Feb 16, 2010
MR. Ahmed Onipede, a former special adviser on mineral resources to the immediate past governor of Lagos State, Senator Bola Tinubu, has been murdered by unknown assailants.

Onipede’s body was found in a pool of blood in his home in Badagry, Lagos, early Monday morning.

Our correspondent gathered that Onipede was murdered shortly after he returned from a political meeting, which lasted till the dawn of Monday in Badagry Area.

This is coming exactly two weeks after the Action Congress gubernatorial candidate in 2007 general election in Ogun State, Chief Dipo Dina, was killed by assassins.

Commenting on the incident, the state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Marvel Akpoyibo, said that Onipede’s body was found lifeless in his house early this morning.

He, however, added that the police would investigate the cause of the death and bring the culprits to book.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/1397-former-tinubus-aide-murdered.html
Re: Yet Another Madness:former Tinubu's Aide Murdered by naijamini(m): 2:19am On Feb 16, 2010
Two elections already in Ogun and Lagos States within a month - and the 2011 elections are still about a year away.

At this rate there will be no one to contest A.C. elections in the South West come election time.

Internal political violence has been the #1 political problem in the South West since the '60s. Until we solve that problem the huge potentials of this region will amount to nothing. People cannot slaughter each other in the name of politics like this and hope for progress. No Way! No How!
Re: Yet Another Madness:former Tinubu's Aide Murdered by aloyemeka2: 2:28am On Feb 16, 2010
naijamini:

Two elections already in Ogun and Lagos States within a month - and the 2011 elections are still about a year away.

At this rate there will be no one to contest A.C. elections in the South West come election time.

Internal political violence has been the #1 political problem in the South West since the '60s. Until we solve that problem the huge potentials of this region will amount to nothing. People cannot slaughter each other in the name of politics like this and hope for progress. No Way! No How!

Please count me out of it. They[the politicians] are killing each other because of  greed. If they want to stay alive and safe, let them stop from stealing from us and do the job they were elected to do. There will be no peace for the wicked according to the bible or quran[I am not sure].  I am sorry to hear about Tinubu's aide but if he had backed out from the thieving cartel headed by Tinubu, he would have been alive today.  More assassinations are yet to come and not only in the southwest but nationwide. Kidnapping started from southsouth and spread across the country. In the same vein, this elimination method that is prevalent in the south west will soon be the order of the day in the Niger Delta and South east. The North is somewhat immune to most of these vices for some reason.
Re: Yet Another Madness:former Tinubu's Aide Murdered by AndreUweh(m): 2:36am On Feb 16, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Please count me out of it. They[the politicians] are killing each other because of greed. If they want to stay alive and safe, let them stop from stealing from us and do the job they were elected to do. There will be no peace for the wicked according to the bible or quran[I am not sure]. I am sorry to hear about Tinubu's aide but if he had backed out from the thieving cartel headed by Tinubu, he would have been alive today. More assassinations are yet to come and not only in the southwest but nationwide. Kidnapping started from southsouth and spread across the country. In the same vein, this elimination method that is prevalent in the south west will soon be the other of the day in the Niger Delta and South east. The North is somewhat immune to most of these vices for some reason.
The north immune?. Wait and see what will happen in Kwara state next year.
Re: Yet Another Madness:former Tinubu's Aide Murdered by aloyemeka2: 2:43am On Feb 16, 2010
Kwara is not real North.
Re: Yet Another Madness:former Tinubu's Aide Murdered by Eziachi: 2:44am On Feb 16, 2010
@Aloy-emeka,
You have got a point. Our people says that- "When one finger touches oil, it will spread to the remaining four fingers"
Kidnapping was started by the Ijaws in Port Harcourt and  it's environ and later spread to South East where it was extended from the original target of foreign oil workers to now normal everyday people.
This madness of political assassination in the South West is just a matter of time before it spread and becomes deadlier in other regions.
Re: Yet Another Madness:former Tinubu's Aide Murdered by Beaf: 3:45am On Feb 16, 2010
PDP = corruption + Aondoakaa type characters
AC = corruption + assassins

Nigerian politics ain't funny. cry cry cry
Re: Yet Another Madness:former Tinubu's Aide Murdered by metalgong5(m): 4:04am On Feb 16, 2010
Why cant these murderous Yoruba politicians emulate their Anambra collegues. . . . The only skills Yoruba politicians know in politics are to loot and kill.
After all brouhaha, Anambra election came and went with out a single report of violence.
Re: Yet Another Madness:former Tinubu's Aide Murdered by aloyemeka2: 5:12am On Feb 16, 2010
metal-gong:

Why cant these murderous Yoruba politicians emulate their Anambra collegues. . . . The only skills Yoruba politicians know in politics are to loot and kill.
After all brouhaha, Anambra election came and went with out a single report of violence.

There are no murderous igbo politicians abi?
Re: Yet Another Madness:former Tinubu's Aide Murdered by mekusxxx: 5:19am On Feb 16, 2010
Hahaha! They have refused to learn from Anambra. I beg where is Fasola AKA Babapupa?
Re: Yet Another Madness:former Tinubu's Aide Murdered by aloyemeka2: 6:27am On Feb 16, 2010
mekusxxx:

Hahaha! They have refused to learn from Anambra. I beg where is Fasola AKA Babapupa?

You shall eat your words when south east shall lead in assassinations in 2011. Don't say I am trying to gore your ox.
Re: Yet Another Madness:former Tinubu's Aide Murdered by omongbati1: 6:19am On Dec 20, 2010
killers
Re: Yet Another Madness:former Tinubu's Aide Murdered by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 20, 2010
Murderers every where even among NAIRALANDERS,

(1) (Reply)

• Yar’adua Ready To Meet Jonathan, Mark, Bankole, Katsina-alu / Armed Robbers Wreak Havoc In Aba / Jonathan, The "humblest Person I Have Ever Met In My Life" - Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.