Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Jonathan, The "humblest Person I Have Ever Met In My Life" - Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, The "humblest Person I Have Ever Met In My Life" - Saraki (1043 Views)

Why Saraki, Tinubu, Atiku Met In Aso Rock Without Buhari / Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday / Edo Ex-Militants Choose Buhari, Condemn Jonathan - The Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan, The "humblest Person I Have Ever Met In My Life" - Saraki by Beaf: 9:33pm On Dec 28, 2010
Northern Union Yet To Support Presidential Aspirant - Saraki
Posted By On December 28, 2010 @ 6:47 pm

The Founder of the Northern Union (UN), Dr Olusola Saraki has said the union will soon meet to decide who the union will support in the 2011 presidential elections.

Saraki, a Second Republic Senate Leader, in a chat with reporters in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital, described President Goodluck Jonathan as the “humblest person I have ever met in my life.”

He said this shortly after hosting the presidential aspirant of Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, and former military head of state, General Muhammadu Buhari (rted), whom he said “had come to visit me when he heard of my return from abroad where I was operated upon about six weeks ago.”

He said: “very soon Northern Union will look at whether to support President Goodluck Jonathan or a northern candidate for the 2011 presidential elections.”

Though, he said “Jonathan is a very humble person. I met him yesterday and I don’t have anything against him, but the only snag is that the people of Niger Delta have not consulted the NU on Jonathan’s ambition.”

On his purported defection to CPC, Saraki clarified that “I have not decided to go to CPC. We discussed with General Buhari and I asked him to give me the network of CPC in Nigeria.”

Earlier, General Buhari had told Saraki that he was in town to see him after his return from the United States where he had gone for medical attention.

He used the opportunity to brief the NU leader on the network and strength of the CPC in the country.

Responding, Saraki thanked the retired general for the visit and said that his doors were wide open to all political parties in the country for consultations.

By Stephen Oni/Ilorin

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/12/28/northern-union-yet-to-support-presidential-aspirant-saraki/
Re: Jonathan, The "humblest Person I Have Ever Met In My Life" - Saraki by Beaf: 9:35pm On Dec 28, 2010
Chai! Nigerian politics sef! Pesin pikin go wound o! grin
Re: Jonathan, The "humblest Person I Have Ever Met In My Life" - Saraki by Nsiman(m): 10:13pm On Dec 28, 2010
Gej has not consulted north. This same statement was made by mallam ciroma, pls do they need bribe, or gej wants to partake in their birthright, what does it mean?
Re: Jonathan, The "humblest Person I Have Ever Met In My Life" - Saraki by okpismart: 10:19pm On Dec 28, 2010
nigerian politicians na wa
Re: Jonathan, The "humblest Person I Have Ever Met In My Life" - Saraki by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 28, 2010
Nsiman wrote:

Gej has not consulted north. This same statement was made by mallam ciroma, pls do they need bribe, or gej wants to partake in their birthright, what does it mean?

You're a Naija man and you're asking what it means?

Na wa for you o.
Re: Jonathan, The "humblest Person I Have Ever Met In My Life" - Saraki by Kobojunkie: 11:53pm On Dec 28, 2010
I remember our politicians using the same lines to describe Yar adua, and so many here on nairaland, many of whom never actually met the man, tried the same as soon as they heard he was dead.
Re: Jonathan, The "humblest Person I Have Ever Met In My Life" - Saraki by jamace(m): 7:15am On Dec 29, 2010
You're a Naija man and you're asking what it means?

Na wa for you o.

And what do you mean by that statement? cheesy
Re: Jonathan, The "humblest Person I Have Ever Met In My Life" - Saraki by Rhino5dm: 7:35am On Dec 29, 2010
Nigerians and hand-to-mouth politics.
Re: Jonathan, The "humblest Person I Have Ever Met In My Life" - Saraki by slap1(m): 7:37am On Dec 29, 2010
"Consulting with the north" means bribing the northern elders, giving lucrative jobs to their children ( both the smart and the dumb), and giving them the power to nominate a certain number of the cabinet members.
Re: Jonathan, The "humblest Person I Have Ever Met In My Life" - Saraki by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 29, 2010
uriah heep cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jonathan, The "humblest Person I Have Ever Met In My Life" - Saraki by XueRengui: 3:55pm On Oct 17, 2014
Very obvious

(1) (Reply)

Northern Governors Are Traitors –kaita, Yakassai / Backlash Of Pdp Primary - Protests In Katsina, Jigawa, Adamawa; Arewa Angry / Girls Read: 99 Facts About Guys That Girls Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.