Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant (16973 Views)

How To Unsubscribe Once From Irrelevant Email Newsletters / 7 Telltale Signs Your Smartphone Has A Virus / Waoow! YAAO 6000 Plus Smartphone Has A Massive 10900mah Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by Rick9(m): 3:27pm On Aug 15, 2017
Nice
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by dreamwords: 3:27pm On Aug 15, 2017
Yes
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by Oluwaseyi00(m): 3:28pm On Aug 15, 2017
ok
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 15, 2017
Wrist watch kwa...you wey dey type this thing u no wear watch?
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by goldedprince: 3:32pm On Aug 15, 2017
dulux07:
They have not replaced wristwatch. angry

Smartphone cameras are not better than digital cameras.
what are you saying man.
my note 8 plus camera takes better pics than my friend's dslr.
as for wrist watch, i wear them for fashion and maybe showoff. i always check my time with my fone.
for me, my wrist watch is more like an investment, not for checking time
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by TrillionBrains(m): 3:44pm On Aug 15, 2017
Wow! Funny Headline up there. Seriously Innovation caused it not the Smartphone itself. Lols
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by MicroBox: 3:48pm On Aug 15, 2017
Please tell me OP how I can listen to BBC hausa around 3pm without data...
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by AyamConfidence(m): 3:51pm On Aug 15, 2017
I still use my wristwatch
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by marksleek25: 3:53pm On Aug 15, 2017
MrHistorian:

Honestly,Our Mobile phones have successfully replaced those two you mentioned.

DIGITAL CAMERAS
Before now,Private Individuals own a digital camera which they use often in events to capture the exciting and ecstasic moments.Right Now,whoever owns a digital camera is either a professional photographer or a fan of photography.The Tecno "CAMON" series have done well to make our photography better on phone.

WRIST WATCH
Well,People uses wristwatch till now.I use it too.But the protruding question is.."how often do we use it?"..Honestly,most of us forget we have a mini watch on our wrist when it matters most...A Single tap on our Phone does the magic!
A SIMPLE LOOK TELLS YOU THE TIME FASTER THAN A TAP OF A SCREEN.
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by marksleek25: 3:55pm On Aug 15, 2017
goldedprince:

what are you saying man.
as for wrist watch, i wear them for fashion and maybe showoff. i always check my time with my fone.
invest in a wrist watch and you don't use it?! One of the wrong usage of the word "investment".
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 15, 2017
What about the modem? Hotspot don knock that one out
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by bahgo2001: 4:09pm On Aug 15, 2017
These list is incomplete without CALENDAR
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by diezani(f): 4:14pm On Aug 15, 2017
Opinionated:
Smartphones are powerful computers that we carry in our pocket. Nowadays, it supports different type of tools for every purpose. You can perform different tasks on our smartphones like summoning a cab to go to work, ordering food, reading news and staying in touch with our friends. At the same time, your smartphones have killed some certain gadgets. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency shares gadgets your smartphone has killed.

Wrist watch

Analogue watch has now become a fashion accessory. You will meet people who wear a watch, but still, they check the time on their smartphone. Nowadays, smartphones are used to do lots of things and checking the time is one of them. So, smartphones are also replacing the analogue watch.

GPS navigation systems

If you struggle to find directions, you can easily use your phone to locate wherever you are going. This is because smartphones have GPS facilities. You do not need GPS navigation systems.

Radio

Those days are gone when people used to buy a box to listen to the radio. Since there is now a radio feature on their smartphone, the good old radio is now irrelevant.

Digital Cameras

Carrying a pocket-sized digital camera was previously considered as a cool thing. However, smartphones have replaced the digital cameras because your smartphone camera offers even better shots these cameras.

Alarm clock

The Alarm clock is completely dead because smartphones have definitely replaced them. You can simply set alarm on your phone.

MP3 Player

MP3 players were popular for playing music. Today, smartphones offer massive internal and external storage which is enough space for storing unlimited music. Hence, you do not need the MP3 Player.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/6-gadgets-smartphone-made-irrelevant/

I disagree.
wristwatch? like really? people who wear watches know that they are irreplaceable. some people wear theirs to sleep, when unsure of the time, they reflexively look at their wrist. Would a nurse or a soldier replace their watches with their phones? or is it in every environment it is appropriate to bring out your phones.

Digital cameras - You have no idea whatsoever on what digital cameras are, so I'll move on quickly. Smartphones saved us the fees for scanning documents, so you can easily scan on the go.

Alarm clock ? yes. now antiquated.

mp3 players, yes too. Now irrelevant .

GPS navigational systems? like really? smartphone replacing GPS? Do you people even go to school sef? this is wrong in its entirety.

Finally Radio, my favorite. Here, you're wrong. A radio is a very very important accessory that every person must have, especially an analog radio with at least 12-Bands. Someday you'd be stuck someplace and you seem cut off from the world, or there could be an emergency and radio silence enforced, but with a SW radio , you can hear news and information from anywhere in the world. Your smartphone cannot do that without data. Our father's didn't have internet, that was their internet.
you should post informed opinion next time
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by tiger28: 4:29pm On Aug 15, 2017
Torchlight, TV , Computer,dictionary, newspaper, remote control (in advanced countries)
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by goldedprince: 4:29pm On Aug 15, 2017
marksleek25:
invest in a wrist watch and you don't use it?! One of the wrong usage of the word "investment".
go find out why guys buy omega, rolex, audemars , patek etc. i know how many times my watch has got me out of shitt.
watches are one of the best investments man. i didnt say it is the best investment
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by donbenie(m): 4:39pm On Aug 15, 2017
ponziponzi:
I totally disagree with GPS and digital cameras.

Phone GPS is shi.t!
It may not be as good as the REAL thing,but the BEST GPS or Camera is still the One you have with YOU at ALL times and for that REASON,Smartphones TOTALLY replaced these items..or are you going to suspend taking THAT perfect Opportune picture until you can go and grab your Digital Camera..
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by yahmohy27: 5:11pm On Aug 15, 2017
SuperSuave:
I kind of disagree with the digital camera and totally disagree with the wristwatch undecided
yes to majority of people
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by donbenie(m): 5:11pm On Aug 15, 2017
diezani:

I disagree.
wristwatch? like really? people who wear watches know that they are irreplaceable. some people wear theirs to sleep, when unsure of the time, they reflexively look at their wrist. Would a nurse or a soldier replace their watches with their phones? or is it in every environment it is appropriate to bring out your phones.

Digital cameras - You have no idea whatsoever on what digital cameras are, so I'll move on quickly. Smartphones saved us the fees for scanning documents, so you can easily scan on the go.

Alarm clock ? yes. now antiquated.

mp3 players, yes too. Now irrelevant .

GPS navigational systems? like really? smartphone replacing GPS? Do you people even go to school sef? this is wrong in its entirety.

Finally Radio, my favorite. Here, you're wrong. A radio is a very very important accessory that every person must have, especially an analog radio with at least 12-Bands. Someday you'd be stuck someplace and you seem cut off from the world, or there could be an emergency and radio silence enforced, but with a SW radio , you can hear news and information from anywhere in the world. Your smartphone cannot do that without data. Our father's didn't have internet, that was their internet.
you should post informed opinion next time
1.For MOST people having a Phone have precluded them from owning a timepiece since that is their primary reason for owning a Watch,the LAST time I EVER bothered buying a Watch was 12 years ago,coincidentally that was the first time I BOUGHT a Phone..
2.A Smartphone'Camera may never be as good as a Digital Camera but THAT is the Camera the Average Person is most likely to have with him when the opportune scene presents itself..the BEST Camera is still the One you have with YOU at ALL times..
3.Just like the Digital Camera,a Smartphone's GPS might be ALL the Common person has to rely on for Navigation in most Circumstances and may be all the GPS he needs..
4.On the issue of Radio,most people find a phones FM radio more than enough for their everyday needs on the go..
In as much as the Smartphone cannot replace the Hardcore utility of these devices,for the MOST part it replaces the EVERYDAY needs of MOST people for them..

1 Like

Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by Sunymoore(m): 5:47pm On Aug 15, 2017
Wrist watch? Not at all.. Wrist watch is used as a jewelry and for time checking.. So, I and billions of people still use their wristwatch everyday.. In fact, it's more easier to view time on your wrist than dipping your hand in your pocket..
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by OHIsIManuEL(m): 5:49pm On Aug 15, 2017
MrHistorian:

DIGITAL CAMERAS
Before now,Private Individuals own a digital camera which they use often in events to capture the exciting and ecstasic moments.Right Now,whoever owns a digital camera is either a professional photographer or a fan of photography.The Tecno "CAMON" series have done well to make our photography better on phone.

WRIST WATCH
Well,People uses wristwatch till now.I use it too.But the protruding question is.."how often do we use it?"..Honestly,most of us forget we have a mini watch on our wrist when it matters most...A Single tap on our Phone does the magic!
Abeg ee, which mumu camon series, is it the cx whose front camera is suffering from over exposure and very very poor depth of field?
As for wristwatch, i always wear one, it's easier to take a look at my left wrist than to take out my phone from my pocket especially under sun
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:57pm On Aug 15, 2017
u no even add gaming consoles like gameboy or psp, not even scientific calculator. which kyne op u be sef?
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 15, 2017
I beg to disagree on the wrist watch, cos I'm so used to my wrist watch that I unconsciously look at my wrist even when I don't have my watch on when I want to check time.. This should also happen to you a times if you're truthful to yourself

MrHistorian:

DIGITAL CAMERAS

WRIST WATCH
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by NCANTaskForce: 7:03pm On Aug 15, 2017
Torch nko, Blue film disk nko.
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by ponziponzi(m): 7:29pm On Aug 15, 2017
donbenie:
It may not be as good as the REAL thing,but the BEST GPS or Camera is still the One you have with YOU at ALL times and for that REASON,Smartphones TOTALLY replaced these items..or are you going to suspend taking THAT perfect Opportune picture until you can go and grab your Digital Camera..

To me, GPS navigator is not made irrelevant because I have one app on my phone. A navigator is so important that I had to buy a cheap for about $120 some months back. If you are in a new city and you don't know your way around, don't rely on your smartphone, get a functional GPS navigator.

Professional photographers don't rely on their smartphone to take pictures, they get those expensive Cameras. It makes a lot of difference.
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by UncutSk(m): 7:30pm On Aug 15, 2017
Its only alarm and mp it affected
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by dulux07(m): 7:45pm On Aug 15, 2017
goldedprince:

what are you saying man.

That is because ur note 8 is recent, get a recent digital camera, and compare both. Digital are designed mainly to snap, not an added feature, so phones cant do better, xcept u r usin an old digital camera

Lol, not every one feel comfortable bringing out there phones to check the time. In most situation wristwatch is best at checking time.

1 Like

Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by salford1: 7:46pm On Aug 15, 2017
smart phones would never replace a real camera.... but my smart phone has a better gps than my regular gps.
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by dulux07(m): 7:46pm On Aug 15, 2017
tiger28:
Made "IRRELEVANT "
The op actually said they take better pictures, if u read through.
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by dulux07(m): 7:50pm On Aug 15, 2017
MrHistorian:

DIGITAL CAMERAS

WRIST WATCH
I was not disputing the fact that phones ve replaced digital cameras, but i was only disputing the statement he made that phone cameras are better.
Lol not everyone would want to tap their phone everytime, it's easier to turn your wrist to check time,
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by MrImole: 9:04pm On Aug 15, 2017
IffaCatchYouEhn:
Others are:
CHURCH
Nobody wants to attend church services anymore. Live coverage on YouTube

VIEWING CENTRE LIVE Streaming tho bahd.

Even Judgement day self, son people no go attend.

Live coverage grin grin

...like how much data will a whole football match cost?
Re: 6 Gadgets Your Smartphone Has Made Irrelevant by Apipia: 9:34pm On Aug 15, 2017
yomi007k:
grin

Im laughing at the guys above that don't agree...
What do know about gadgets.
Which smartphone has a shortwave radio band?
Which smartphone that can capture stunning pictures, like Nikon, Zenith and Canon cameras.?
Which smartphone can keep time to a split second like Rolex, Piaget, Longines etc and withstand 100meters underwater dive test? Or that can be ran over by a military tank? My Breitling watch has been ticking since 10 years till date.
Now you know

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Astronomers Now Agree Universe Is Nearly 14 Billion Years Old / Female Fish Attracted To Gay Males / Proof Of The Motion Of The Earth In The Vacuum.(as In, Space)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.