Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? (11223 Views)

Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony / why it is good to confirm before you believe or post any writeup / What Will Your Wedding Cost? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by ima1(f): 11:35am On Feb 17, 2010
tell him to move on, cuz he would not be able to satisfy such a woman who wants to be a show off.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by oghenevwok: 11:39am On Feb 17, 2010
never on earth will i do that
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by browncocos(f): 11:47am On Feb 17, 2010
i had my wedding low-keyed
and a small reception after that
i doubt if we even spent 150k sef
well that was ages ago
guess thats the fad now big society weddings
so therefore having a big wedding doesn't guarantee the success of the wedding
everyone these days seem to be more interested in showing off than being true to themselves
most people prepare 6mos to a yr for the wedding day than the marriage itself
then you wonder why the divorce rates have increased
shior
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Nautillus(m): 11:47am On Feb 17, 2010
Your friends wife to be is an optimistic mathematician. . .but i'm very sure she will be disappointed very quickly WHEN the Dept=repayment plan falls to pieces before her eyes. . . .
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by ayettymama(f): 11:48am On Feb 17, 2010
i wonder
does anyone no

in yoruba tradition

who is supposed to pay for the wedding??

is it the brides parents

or the groom

or do they both 50/50??
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Redman44(m): 11:50am On Feb 17, 2010
@Poster, tell your friend to cut his coat according to his size. There is nothing wrong in having a low- keyed wedding these days. As long as the guests are fed properly and the minor logistics taken care off, it is not worth it throwing a lavish wedding ceremony. Look, people will not be there for your friend and his wife when things are hard. Marriage starts immediately after the festivities when all the well wishers have gone back to their respective homes and businesses. Cheers.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by princekevo(m): 11:53am On Feb 17, 2010
Marriage is not by force, not even when you dont have enough to sponsor your own wedding.
My fren dont let your woman lure you into embarking a journey you cannot complete.
If you borrow money for your wedding, are u gonna also borrow money for family upkeeps after wedding.
A woman who is encouraging you to borrow for your wedding will send you to your early grave when you cant provide for the family.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 17, 2010
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by gee2(m): 12:05pm On Feb 17, 2010
It happens though not advisable and the Bible says we should do everything in moderation. If you have the money no qualms but borrowing complicates the issue coz of what you will face after the wedding itself.
Do not dare it.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by busybody20: 12:10pm On Feb 17, 2010
aisha2:

If he is silly enough to borrow please dont lend him any of your. Once lent money to a friend getting married, took Police, EFCC and over 8 months infact we had to trail him for days to find his new office before i could get my money and when he went to write a statement the idiot said i did not lend him money but i was only angry that he jilted me and married someone else, I was so embarassed and shocked, my saving grace was that i had a witness and my cousin who was his friend stood and said the truth. Never ever ever. Because i actually took my office money and gave him. I was running from pilllar to post for money i knew nothing about.
Funny thing, he borrowed lots of money from lots of people to project an image to the girls family, the marriage did not last 6 months, too much debts, too many lies just cos they wanted a society wedding, yes they hard a society big wedding but a horrible marriage

Na wa ooo!
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by lindabon: 12:24pm On Feb 17, 2010
borrow and wed? nt a good combo
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by exago(m): 12:32pm On Feb 17, 2010
browncocos:

i had my wedding low-keyed
and a small reception after that
i doubt if we even spent 150k sef
well that was 8 yrs ago
guess thats the fad now big society weddings
so therefore having a big wedding doesn't guarantee the success of the wedding
everyone these days seem to be more interested in showing off than being true to themselves
most people prepare 6mos to a yr for the wedding day than the marriage itself
then you wonder why the divorce rates have increased
shior

True, there is a marked difference between the wedding day and the marriage which is for a lifetime
Never borrow for your wedding it will impact your marriage in ways you didn't even imagine,
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by stillgrds(m): 12:43pm On Feb 17, 2010
People should know that

1. No matter the amount you spend on a wedding, you cannot please everybody.

2. Even though you wedding is the poorest as par cash, the next day, you are among the marriage couples in planet earth

3. If you nor spend for your wedding, police nor go come arrest you and your wife the next day, even for life time

However, if at all you go borrow, have this as a rule "Do not borrow more than 25% of you normal monthly income". Beyond this, e go fall press you oooooo cry

See the pictures. Surely, they will live happily ever after as legally married Nigerians.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by mikelagos: 12:52pm On Feb 17, 2010
Also sometimes the expensive flashy ceremony is just unnecessary.
Just go to your local city hall, or whatever you call it in your aream and register yourselves as married.
Its a much cheaper option.

www.africa updates.com
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by microgiant: 12:52pm On Feb 17, 2010
ima1:

tell him to move on, cuz he would not be able to satisfy such a woman who wants to be a show off.

When the creditors come calling she will blame him for not working as hard as his peer/mates.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by milkan05(m): 12:54pm On Feb 17, 2010
Hell NO!!!

But the truth is most people do.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Ademiolami(m): 12:58pm On Feb 17, 2010
If u borrow to wed u will definetely beg afta your wedding.It is not gud to borrow for your wedding cos u will carry ur responsibility frm der.It's absolutely bad ideas.Just try and be your humble self.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by milkan05(m): 12:59pm On Feb 17, 2010
@iice not nice not nice at all--------------
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by diehard1: 1:00pm On Feb 17, 2010
Borrow 4 wedding? No way! She doesn,t want her wedding to be low keyed abi? What happens after the high profile society wedding and they are not able to pay back? She wil be the talk of the town.  She may also not recover the money from the guests too!Mega borrower. My brother leave within your means oh, cut your coat according to your cloth. The wedding will be forgotten after few days.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by allboyz(m): 1:01pm On Feb 17, 2010
nah. .  .dont borrow!
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by latepa(m): 1:06pm On Feb 17, 2010
Go borrow nah!! make we see who go SHAME!!!
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by sulad82i(m): 1:11pm On Feb 17, 2010
Not all fingers are equal.
If you cant afford all the expense involved with the necessary thing that really need to be done for your wedding, then you might wanna consider some loan. (ask your family for it)
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Elgaxton(m): 1:16pm On Feb 17, 2010
He should be ready to borrow for feeding the wife and kids too.

Abeg the guy should chill small, he's not bouyant enough for marriage.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 17, 2010
Its very good.
when u finally marry too,borrow car,apartment,food,clothes, even sef borrow children all join
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Marymos: 1:20pm On Feb 17, 2010
He should go ahead to borrow then after the wedding they will be living for hand to mouth.This is a danger signal for the man because after the wedding there is every likely hood that more exceptional demand may come up.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by atikubaba(m): 1:24pm On Feb 17, 2010
Tnx 4 your wönderful advises. D issue is that d girl in question is hoping to recover d möney 4rm her guests as she hopes to invite big shots that will spray her enough money on that day? Pls is it realizable?

Beleive me she will be disappointed.It happened to a friend
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by MsTom(f): 1:32pm On Feb 17, 2010
No! if she wants a mega wedding, then the wedding should be postponed to the day they have enough money of their own for the 'mega' wedding. Paying back loans after the wedding is a wrong way to stay a marriage. How do they start planning for their future if they are still paying for their past?
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by MsTom(f): 1:35pm On Feb 17, 2010
atikubaba:

Tnx 4 your wönderful advises. D issue is that d girl in question is hoping to recover d möney 4rm her guests as she hopes to invite big shots that will spray her enough money on that day? Pls is it realizable?

Beleive me she will be disappointed.It happened to a friend

Ask those who were 'sprayed' at their wedding how much they got. Not enough money at all. Let her be realistic. If people cant give towards the wedding, they wont give after the wedding.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by toyboy1(m): 1:41pm On Feb 17, 2010
Am willing to lend em money, just that conditions apply,
1, the wife is d collateral,
2, The interest will be serviced by the wife until the facility is fully paid up, in kind of course,
3, In the event that loan becomes deliquent, i foreclose the collateral.
guess dats simple and flexible enuff
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Ganjaseed: 1:44pm On Feb 17, 2010
YES, what else would one borrow money for ? its worth doing. Woman is not cheap and should not be treated as such.
Re: Is It Good To Borrow Money For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 17, 2010

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Only Virgins Deserve White Weddings? / 2021 August Meeting: ABN TV Boss' Mum Bags Nne Oha Of Ebem Ohafia [pix, Video] / 10 Real Life Mermaid Caught On Camera (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.