Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

13 Things You Need To Think About Before You Stay With An Unfaithful Spouse - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 13 Things You Need To Think About Before You Stay With An Unfaithful Spouse (451 Views)

Share Your Experience With An Unfaithful Wife Or Girlfriend / Call Me An Unfaithful Wife But I Cant Avoid My Step-son (part 2) / A Long Evening (Tales Of An Unfaithful Wife) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

13 Things You Need To Think About Before You Stay With An Unfaithful Spouse by Amosjaj(m): 4:31pm On Aug 15, 2017
You probably used to be the person to shun people who would stay with an unfaithful man/woman willingly.

Then now you wonder how you got here but you are and instead of walking out the door like you should have, you’re trying to work out just how you will stay with a cheating spouse. The thing about staying with someone who cheats on you, it messes you up one way or another, you may even end up being like them.

Once in a while, you feel infuriated and the fact that you are thinking of how to stay with a cheater means you are willing to entertain their disgusting choices you just need to figure out how you can save the strength to tolerate them. So here you are seeking a reality check and here are the things you need to think about before you stay with a cheater.
1. Monogamy takes time and it won’t be easy.
Rome wasn’t built in a day and a habit takes 21 days to develop. If your other half is used to cheating they can stop but they must want it as bad as you for him/her. Its not an easy journey, I imagine they go throw withdrawal symptoms from not playing around.
Image: Giphy
2. What about your spouse makes you so happy that you can forget they cheat?
Does he/she have something so much greater that can make you overlook their nasty habits?If so they you may prosper.
Image: Tenor
3. You will not feel safe for a while.
No doubt the safety you had with this person once upon a time is now fictional. Any time you feel you need to protect yourself from the person you love then just know you don’t feel safe and it will not feel good.
4. You might end up cheating and justify it with “I’m with a cheat”.
This may happen especially if you have been such a loyal person. After feeling betrayed you will be angry and wildly emotional becoming vengeful may be the next best thing for you. So if you step out on your other half whether physically or emotionally then you may end up saying he/she does it too. It doesn’t make sense to do something that will force you to be the one on the wrong.
5. You may never really build full trust if the cheater’s habits don’t change.
By this time you have already mastered the art of finding out if there’s something suspicious going on. A cheater’s habit will not change overnight this means you will not trust them and believe me when I say your actions will prove that. You will most likely be irritable and always ask questions about their whereabouts.
6. What kind of cheating was it? Because it matters.
I don’t care what people say, but emotional cheating is the worst kind of cheating. Physical is horrible too but was it a one night stand or ? The kind of cheating that was involved will also tell you the kind of cheater this person is. Is he/she a serial cheater or once in a blue moon ? Or anything goes. This will tell you if its even worth trying.

7. You will sometimes have random outbursts, will your partner be ready for this?
Yes you will have outbursts and it is your right. Sometimes you will want to leave your other half especially if you feel they should be working harder. It can get very frustrating and emotionally depriving.
8. You will not be as vulnerable as you were prior to the cheating.
Before the cheat you could probably allow yourself to be vulnerable and in love and now, not so much. This is because whether you realize it or not you have decided to shut a part of yourself off from this person.

9. You may feel the need to have other male or female friends who you can date just in case it doesn’t work out.
Because you are insecure you may end up feeling the need to have options just in case the mess you decided to work with doesn’t work out. Remember you don’t feel safe so you’ll find a way to protect your heart.

10. Diseases, diseases and more diseases as a possibility. Can you really have sex without worrying?
Need I say more ? You will not feel safe because you don’t know where this human being has been or if he/she used protection.
Image:
11. The cheater might just become better at cheating but doesn’t stop.
Yes, so they identified what makes you suspicious and now they will cover their tracks so well. You may also end up becoming some sort of investigative reporter or spy which will make you feel crazy.
Image: popsugar.com
12. If you stay with a cheat you will beat yourself up trying to understand why he/she won’t stop.
You will feel like its your fault unless you develop a backbone which is so unnecessary especially if you’re not married. But this is a battle that will change you.
13. Emotionally and mentally, you will be drained.
Emotionally you will not be settled for a while and mentally you will not have peace unless you’re with him/her because you won’t trust them no matter how much you try.

Check out more informative articles @
http://www.naijaspice.com/2017/08/13-things-you-need-to-think-about.html?m=1
Re: 13 Things You Need To Think About Before You Stay With An Unfaithful Spouse by SirMichael1: 4:50pm On Aug 15, 2017
Please who read all that?

Mind translating/summarising? cry

(1) (Reply)

The Most Romantic Experience Ever!!!! / What You Call Love Can Kill You / Lady Drags Her Fiance By The Leg In Lovely Pre Wedding PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.