Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,677 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited (58847 Views)

Young Man Shades FCMB On Twitter, Bank Replies With Epic Clap Back. Photos / Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter / Man Contacts Diamond Bank To Return N7.3M Mistakenly Paid To His Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Oasishosting: 8:32am On Aug 16, 2017
Incentive is one way to grow a nation or a company. Nigerians are not good with rewarding people for exceptional things they did.

Anyway, My signature, our business

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by holluwai(m): 8:32am On Aug 16, 2017
Davash222:
His reward is in Heaven.

Na so

Make him kuku dey go heaven quick to collect the reward, abi?
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by yeyeboi(m): 8:32am On Aug 16, 2017
Davash222:
His reward is in Heaven.

If him do any how na hell fire e go see him reward
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by baike: 8:32am On Aug 16, 2017
yemmit90:

Dont forget he may have more than the said money in his bank account. After good meals, nice house, cars or probably a beautiful wife, you will discover that you dont really need too much money in life to be happy.
I thank you,, for this ur talk well saying
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by empressteemah06(f): 8:32am On Aug 16, 2017
Nice one.. In Nigeria hardwork and honesty are 2 things which doesn't pay off
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Hefay(m): 8:32am On Aug 16, 2017
Na #keepshining we go chop

2 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by maximunimpact(m): 8:32am On Aug 16, 2017
Imagine this decay in principles and morality, people want to rewarded and celebrated for doing the right thing.

2 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Divay22(f): 8:33am On Aug 16, 2017
A good name is better than silver or gold...
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by 9japrof(m): 8:33am On Aug 16, 2017
Ha
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Smooyis(m): 8:35am On Aug 16, 2017
A guy that cherishes personal joy than material possessions. Kudos to him grin
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by 88natzy(m): 8:35am On Aug 16, 2017
Joe Igbokwe is a fool...
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by one4GOD(f): 8:39am On Aug 16, 2017
TheArticleNG:
Diamond Bank has reacted via Social Media, after a Twitter User, @raynergy called on the bank to help resolve the N7.3m that was mistakenly transferred to his account by a Company.

The User, @raynergy wrote on Twitter earlier:

Dear @DiamondBankNG exactly at this time yesterday 7,310,000.00, seven million three hundred and ten thousand was transferred to my account.

The transfer was made by a company. It’s exactly 24 hours & I have not been contacted. The money is not mine and I want it out of my account

Please follow back so I can DM my account information and any other details you may require. Thank you.

Immediately the story went viral, the Bank swung into action, and sorted things out.

They reacted on Twitter: “This has been resolved. You are one rare Diamond #Keepshinning”

Nigerians weren’t satisfied with their response, as they feel Ray should be rewarded for his generous deed.

Below are some reactions on twitter:

http://www.thearticle.com.ng/viral-post/diamond-bank-replies-nigerian-guy-cried-n7-3m-mistakenly-credited-account/

Lalasticlala
He did credibly well, but bros fit know say dem go trace am and also in this time of implicate me, I implicate you, he doesn't want to go and be faced with questions he wont have answers for. my take
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by BiafraAmaka(m): 8:41am On Aug 16, 2017
That guy is definitely not a broke ass guy
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by FakoMaybach1: 8:42am On Aug 16, 2017
oluwayimika123:
And I'm looking at everybody saying he shld b rewardedplaced on his acct and he won't b able to use d acct again. Somebody may b saying he will abandon d acct Buh don't worry with d help of BVN, DAT can b extended to his oda accts with other banks and he will definitely b caught 1 day. Only if he is going to leave the shores of this country DAT is wen he can get away with d money.

No doubt, the teller DAT posted made a big mistake and he calling out d attention of Diamond bank to it is a laudable thing.

Oga no dey yarn Okpata, Honesty is a policy not a law, if he clears the money Nothing i mean Nothing can be done to him, if Diamond tries rubbish one million out of the 7 million will finish them in court.
They will only beg him and sack the staff that made the mistake, i have heard of a case of 11 million the man did not return it...There is no where in the Nigerian constitution that says u must return Mistake money, if na so police go arrest people wey pick money for ground.

Diamond bank shud at least give him like 100k for shopping, wahlahi if na me i no go return shi-shi and i will put legal documents in place so tey even the real owner sef go confuse...

2 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Burgerlomo: 8:43am On Aug 16, 2017
Very smart dude, the fear of the EFCC they say is the beginning of the wisdom, D dude no wan go any free college (prison) at all grin
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by bimbim75: 8:44am On Aug 16, 2017
TheArticleNG:
Diamond Bank has reacted via Social Media, after a Twitter User, @raynergy called on the bank to help resolve the N7.3m that was mistakenly transferred to his account by a Company.

The User, @raynergy wrote on Twitter earlier:

Dear @DiamondBankNG exactly at this time yesterday 7,310,000.00, seven million three hundred and ten thousand was transferred to my account.

The transfer was made by a company. It’s exactly 24 hours & I have not been contacted. The money is not mine and I want it out of my account

Please follow back so I can DM my account information and any other details you may require. Thank you.
Oh my God!When will Nigerian learn,no reward for ethical behaviour. If it happens next time to another person who sees this and you think he will return the money since no reward is attached to it.

Immediately the story went viral, the Bank swung into action, and sorted things out.

They reacted on Twitter: “This has been resolved. You are one rare Diamond #Keepshinning”

Nigerians weren’t satisfied with their response, as they feel Ray should be rewarded for his generous deed.

Below are some reactions on twitter:

http://www.thearticle.com.ng/viral-post/diamond-bank-replies-nigerian-guy-cried-n7-3m-mistakenly-credited-account/

Lalasticlala
Oh my God!When will Nigerian learn,no reward for ethical behaviour. If it happens next time to another person who sees this and you think he will return the money since no reward is attached to it.
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by adexbols: 8:44am On Aug 16, 2017
Young03:
He missed an opportunity

Yes. He missed an opportunity to be the latest thief but got a rare opportunity to place his family name in the sands of time.
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by linearity: 8:44am On Aug 16, 2017
oluwayimika123:
And I'm looking at everybody saying he shld b rewarded.
Whether he had called d attention of Diamond bank to d money or not dey will definitely find out and d money will definitely b retrieved from his acct without his consent.
If he even tries to prove smart by withdrawing d whole money from his acct at once b4 dey find out and he gets away with it restrictions will b placed on his acct and he won't b able to use d acct again. Somebody may b saying he will abandon d acct Buh don't worry with d help of BVN, DAT can b extended to his oda accts with other banks and he will definitely b caught 1 day. Only if he is going to leave the shores of this country DAT is wen he can get away with d money.

No doubt, the teller DAT posted made a big mistake and he calling out d attention of Diamond bank to it is a laudable thing.

I will let it sit in the account and accrue interest, by the time they came around to reverse it, which will be after the sender had discovered they made a mistake, report to diamond bank and diamond starts and concludes their investigation...my interest would have been a lot and they can then take back their initial deposit.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Viking007(m): 8:46am On Aug 16, 2017
dyadeleye:
Family member: bro Ray, please u get 5k wey u no dey use again make u borrow me?
Ray: the economy is so hard right now, besides I'm still waiting for my July salary to be paid.
Family member:
cheesy
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 16, 2017
Igbos are doing very well

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 16, 2017
apexJ:
99.9% of Nigerians no go return the money for this kind economy....me sef de among
False accusation,false statistics
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by davillian(m): 8:49am On Aug 16, 2017
I will leave the money untouched and act like I dint notice.
And see if the money survives 1 or 2months b4 I touch it.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by BlackBaron: 8:51am On Aug 16, 2017
Reward are not mandatory. It's probably because the country has gone to dogs hence why people think it is required to give him something.

Shocker... In decent climes, it is actually clear that it is the right and only thing to do.
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 16, 2017
cnwamo:
Good Morals. This is what someone that was properly trained should do, now people know him for this single wise decision. Who knows maybe if he hadn't they'd come knocking at His door.
Good morals + he is not a broke guy. Kudos to him. The token is not worth the worries that might come up if he had done otherwise.
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 16, 2017
Nigeria, can't somebody do something good again without expecting a reward
So what if the bank decides not to reward him, it's his responsibility to return the money or the bank will still trace the money to him and retrieve it at will
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by billyG(m): 8:56am On Aug 16, 2017
Imagine if that kind of money enter Deji Adeyanju's account he go don enter voicemail he go hire Bar.mike Ozekhome to defend him in court.
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by MisterGrace: 8:56am On Aug 16, 2017
oluwayimika123:
And I'm looking at everybody saying he shld b rewarded.
Whether he had called d attention of Diamond bank to d money or not dey will definitely find out and d money will definitely b retrieved from his acct without his consent.
If he even tries to prove smart by withdrawing d whole money from his acct at once b4 dey find out and he gets away with it restrictions will b placed on his acct and he won't b able to use d acct again. Somebody may b saying he will abandon d acct Buh don't worry with d help of BVN, DAT can b extended to his oda accts with other banks and he will definitely b caught 1 day. Only if he is going to leave the shores of this country DAT is wen he can get away with d money.

Your type can never be a leader of any sort.

You cannot motivate or carry others along to achieve a set goal.

People would find it difficult to be happy if they are to work under you.
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by joenor(m): 8:57am On Aug 16, 2017
Nice one sha, but you know Nigerian ideology, your reward is in heaven, like say if the reward start from earth here bad?
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Ngokafor(f): 8:57am On Aug 16, 2017
Aww handsome honest man..May cash fall on you for your honesty kiss
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Pain(m): 8:59am On Aug 16, 2017
maximunimpact:
Imagine this decay in principles and morality, people want to rewarded and celebrated for doing the right thing.

Took these words right out of my mind..
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 9:03am On Aug 16, 2017
Wow I know this guy we served at bauchi state jamaare lga. He contested for head corper but he lost. Anyways Goodluck to him.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 16, 2017
Who else is surprised there was no tribal war on this thread? shocked

Abeg which Pastor/babalawo cure Nairalanders? I need to see him/her ASAP.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Runs Her Salon Business From Under A Tree, Photos Go Viral / Man Uses Mercedes G-Wagon To Sell Plantain In Owerri (Video) / Man Slumps & Dies At Bank In Delta After Waiting Several Hours To Withdraw Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.