Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited (58845 Views)

Young Man Shades FCMB On Twitter, Bank Replies With Epic Clap Back. Photos / Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter / Man Contacts Diamond Bank To Return N7.3M Mistakenly Paid To His Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by BabaAlabi: 10:56am On Aug 16, 2017
aonag:

I actually dont have a problem with people who say he should run with the money, I mean that is the leftist thing to do. I do have a problem with everybody thinking that there must be a reward for doing good. This in another sense has made doing good be a conscious effort rather than it being an unconscious one. in the real sense, I mean that everybody now wants to do good because of what they would gain from it. What about doing good because its the right thing to do and your heart would feel at peace not for anyman but for the fact that you know you are doing the morally right thing. This mentality has eaten deep into nigerians thats why you see people who help you find parking spaces and want to be sorted. You see people who help you push your broken down car and want some money from you, the security men at the banks wanting you to tip them for doing their jobs and also others who help you in one way or the other and want some form of reward even when there should not be any. Many have forgotten that just saying "Thank You" is one of the greatest rewards anyone can get. Lets change our mentality please.

Thanks.

I understand your point and to an extent agree with you. However, the circumstances surrounding the 'good' performed should dictate if an award is merited. A security man doing his job, NO....Returning #7 million, Definitely YES.
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by MRheyzed: 11:24am On Aug 16, 2017
Yes he needs to be rewarded but it doesn't have to be the bank....in case you don't know he is already rewarded by God. How much can the bank give to him from the said sum and would liberate him?

TheArticleNG:
Diamond Bank has reacted via Social Media, after a Twitter User, @raynergy called on the bank to help resolve the N7.3m that was mistakenly transferred to his account by a Company.

The User, @raynergy wrote on Twitter earlier:

Dear @DiamondBankNG exactly at this time yesterday 7,310,000.00, seven million three hundred and ten thousand was transferred to my account.

The transfer was made by a company. It’s exactly 24 hours & I have not been contacted. The money is not mine and I want it out of my account

Please follow back so I can DM my account information and any other details you may require. Thank you.

Immediately the story went viral, the Bank swung into action, and sorted things out.

They reacted on Twitter: “This has been resolved. You are one rare Diamond #Keepshinning”

Nigerians weren’t satisfied with their response, as they feel Ray should be rewarded for his generous deed.

Below are some reactions on twitter:

http://www.thearticle.com.ng/viral-post/diamond-bank-replies-nigerian-guy-cried-n7-3m-mistakenly-credited-account/

Lalasticlala
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by REDDEVILS1(m): 11:25am On Aug 16, 2017
If na me I won't return. I will just leave the money there for months if am not contacted, after 1 year, I go begin dance Phyno song E Pass Go
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by samidbest001(m): 11:27am On Aug 16, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]NAWA FOR THIS GUY OOO
I DEY CRAZE TO TELL THEM?
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by sshalom(m): 11:31am On Aug 16, 2017
The guy did the right thing and it is commendable but should not expect any reward.
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by ashawopikin(m): 11:37am On Aug 16, 2017
yemmit90:

Dont forget he may have more than the said money in his bank account. After good meals, nice house, cars or probably a beautiful wife, you will discover that you dont really need too much money in life to be happy.
even dangote still dey find money. There is no such thing as having enough money

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by ashawopikin(m): 11:39am On Aug 16, 2017
oluwayimika123:
And I'm looking at everybody saying he shld b rewarded.
Whether he had called d attention of Diamond bank to d money or not dey will definitely find out and d money will definitely b retrieved from his acct without his consent.
If he even tries to prove smart by withdrawing d whole money from his acct at once b4 dey find out and he gets away with it restrictions will b placed on his acct and he won't b able to use d acct again. Somebody may b saying he will abandon d acct Buh don't worry with d help of BVN, DAT can b extended to his oda accts with other banks and he will definitely b caught 1 day. Only if he is going to leave the shores of this country DAT is wen he can get away with d money.story

No doubt, the teller DAT posted made a big mistake and he calling out d attention of Diamond bank to it is a laudable thing.
story story
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by FemiJnJ(m): 11:47am On Aug 16, 2017

JnJRecruting

Job placement for fresh graduate
Experience: Little or no
Honours: Minimum of Second Class
Salary: #20,000 - #40,000

Please submit your CV to jnjrecruits@hotmail.com
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by victorioushands: 12:08pm On Aug 16, 2017
Actions like this should be commended by the banking system and in a better way than just writing. However, that person has just saved himself from becoming an impulsive criminal; he escaped the trap of the devil.
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Healer007: 12:16pm On Aug 16, 2017
At least dem for give an the 10,000 on top gringrin
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by lyntiffany(f): 12:34pm On Aug 16, 2017
Bitcoin1000:
I earn more than that with my signature
good day Lady. Pls can I pm you so we can chat as regards to your post on bitcoin.

Thanks as in anticipation for your reply.
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by piagetskinner(m): 12:37pm On Aug 16, 2017
he did the right thing...

and BTW the bank is not under any compulsion to reward the guy..that is the normal thing to do..when something is not urs, you return it to the rightful owner.

Nigeria will never progress with the kind of warped mentality most Nigerians have
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by decision01: 12:38pm On Aug 16, 2017
agarawu23:
Diamond bank that steals from me daily in the name of stamp duty and alert carges. Sorry! I will use the money for 2-3 month before I return it. If them carry me go court, I will give them date and time I will return it grin
Thought i was alone on this *stamp duty n alert charges* emptied the account long ago.
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by agarawu23(m): 12:47pm On Aug 16, 2017
FunkyAlhaji2015:
Judge will set your bail for 7.3 million with 2 sureties in like sum, if you know what this means
if judge want 10 sureties, I have them tongue
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by iluvdonjazzy: 12:51pm On Aug 16, 2017
dyadeleye:
Family member: bro Ray, please u get 5k wey u no dey use again make u borrow me?
Ray: the economy is so hard right now, besides I'm still waiting for my July salary to be paid.
Family member:
but he did the right thing na.
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by TinaAnita(f): 1:01pm On Aug 16, 2017
That money was fortunate enough not to hit the wrong account most especially if it belongs to someone who is in dire need of money
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by inquizimedia: 1:05pm On Aug 16, 2017
What should you do when an unexpected N7million enters you account? http://inquizimedia.com/2017/08/16/nigerian-man-returns-unxpected-diamond-bank-alert-7-million/
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by TinaAnita(f): 1:07pm On Aug 16, 2017
Meanwhile, the response from Diamond bank isn't encouraging at all, it's not enough to appreciate him verbally, he deserves a lucrative job offer or a couple of hundred thousands
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by huntax(m): 1:07pm On Aug 16, 2017
oluwayimika123:
Whether he had called d attention of Diamond bank to d money or not dey will definitely find out and d money will definitely b retrieved from his acct without his consent.
If he even tries to prove smart by withdrawing d whole money from his acct at once b4 dey find out and he gets away with it restrictions will b placed on his acct and he won't b able to use d acct again. Somebody may b saying he will abandon d acct Buh don't worry with d help of BVN, DAT can b extended to his oda accts with other banks and he will definitely b caught 1 day. Only if he is going to leave the shores of this country DAT is wen he can get away with d money.

No doubt, the teller DAT posted made a big mistake and he calling out d attention of Diamond bank to it is a laudable thing.
Now I know what to do whenever I receive any crazy alert of some sort. I'll just go to Ghana.
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by anigbajumo(m): 1:32pm On Aug 16, 2017
agarawu23:
Diamond bank that steals from me daily in the name of stamp duty and alert carges. Sorry! I will use the money for 2-3 month before I return it. If them carry me go court, I will give them date and time I will return it grin

You spoke my mind,they are parasite that suck money anyhow. I hope dey learn from access.. Diamond, useless bank.
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 16, 2017
If na me as the money mistakenly enter na so I for mistakenly chop am,I for just use the money stack 2 odds
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by apexJ(m): 2:02pm On Aug 16, 2017
asuustrike2009:

False accusation,false statistics
na pple lyk u go evn do change of name jst to chop d money
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 16, 2017
apexJ:
na pple lyk u go evn do change of name jst to chop d money
Never will I take what doesn't belong to me. You think every person be like u? Even if I take heh go finish one day and I non go value d moni cos I non sufa for am
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Rosarie(f): 2:17pm On Aug 16, 2017
make them pls mistake my account for just a million.biko
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Alwaysking: 2:38pm On Aug 16, 2017
hmmm
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by apexJ(m): 2:39pm On Aug 16, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Never will I take what doesn't belong to me. You think every person be like u? Even if I take heh go finish one day and I non go value d moni cos I non sufa for am
shut up u hypocritical fool......na pple lyk u de evn steal their personal pesin money....bera go learn work as ASUU don fry ya brain wit strike
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Kendroid: 2:56pm On Aug 16, 2017
His Ancestors right now!!

Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by saint047(m): 3:35pm On Aug 16, 2017
Ray my guy. Nice one bro
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by SMSguru(m): 3:48pm On Aug 16, 2017
DoubleO07:
In the Nigeria of today, yes 7.3 million might just take him a bit far and that is if he is the smart type, because most people in Nigeria just complain and shout for money but majority of them don't really know what to do with money and will just want to be rich to show off or to impress others.

For one who wants peace of mind the wise thing is to return the money because he just might have been used to cover up something way bigger than 7.3million and the people now saying he his a fool for speaking will be the same people calling for his head to roll when EFCC list his name later that he was part of this and that.

Moving forward, A lot of Nigerians really don't know people from ALL OVER THE WORLD can read all what they type and say and those saying he should not return it are further telling the world this is how Nigerians think by default and later you will say the government is corrupt.

If I am to give a definition to the corruption, I will say corruption thrives among corrupt people period!

If we as Nigerians start to fight Corruption form all angles and manner, people will think twice before they do it.

A good name they say is better than silver and Gold but in Nigeria the reverse is the case, because every one wants what they can eat right away and by pass any other consequences.

I feel a lot of Nigerians don't really see that things have gotten SO BAD and the earlier we change our ways the better.

The above comment is one of the top ten best comments I have ever heard from a Nigerian. I'm highly impressed.
Fellow Nigerians, this is not our one-room or 5-star apartment. This is social media. Even if you are not good, pretend as much as you can to be good.
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by segcelona1: 3:49pm On Aug 16, 2017
this amount carry me go Canada, study 4 years with cool mind, anyway the guy na big man, poor man like me no fit return , abi mo ti return ni
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by bobogii2008: 4:26pm On Aug 16, 2017
oluwayimika123:
If he even tries to prove smart by withdrawing d whole money from his acct at once b4 dey find out and he gets away with it restrictions will b placed on his acct and he won't b able to use d acct again. Somebody may b saying he will abandon d acct Buh don't worry with d help of BVN, DAT can b extended to his oda accts with other banks and he will definitely b caught 1 day. Only if he is going to leave the shores of this country DAT is wen he can get away with d money.

Big lie!!, I know of someone who got away with such, his own was 150million GTB, about 3 years ago. It was months after, the police and efcc started looking for him, when d depositor of the funds raised an alarm. After bribing the police and d efcc and with the services of a good lawyer,at the end of the day, he was only asked to refund what was left out of it. He ended up refunding about million, he got away with the remaining 70mil.

Stuffs like this happen a lot, and in most cases u don't hear about them on social media like this case.
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Josephamstrong1(m): 5:50pm On Aug 16, 2017
A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches, Loving favor rather than silver and gold.” – Proverbs 22:1.
The question should be; Do you believe that a good name is better than riches? Is your name in good standing with those around you? If not, what caused it and how could you turn it around? Have you lost sight of your integrity in the pursuit of riches? How popular is your actual name.
Weldone Ray, I celebrate you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Runs Her Salon Business From Under A Tree, Photos Go Viral / Man Uses Mercedes G-Wagon To Sell Plantain In Owerri (Video) / Bode Akindele Dies At 88

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.