Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited (58855 Views)

Young Man Shades FCMB On Twitter, Bank Replies With Epic Clap Back. Photos / Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter / Man Contacts Diamond Bank To Return N7.3M Mistakenly Paid To His Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by kjhova(m): 9:06am On Aug 16, 2017
yemmit90:

Dont forget he may have more than the said money in his bank account. After good meals, nice house, cars or probably a beautiful wife, you will discover that you dont really need too much money in life to be happy.

He may not even have anything in his account yet a GOOD NAME remains better than ill-gotten wealth no matter what today's morally decadent world would have us believe.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Bmaster(m): 9:08am On Aug 16, 2017
oluwayimika123:
And I'm looking at everybody saying he shld b rewarded.
Whether he had called d attention of Diamond bank to d money or not dey will definitely find out and d money will definitely b retrieved from his acct without his consent.
If he even tries to prove smart by withdrawing d whole money from his acct at once b4 dey find out and he gets away with it restrictions will b placed on his acct and he won't b able to use d acct again. Somebody may b saying he will abandon d acct Buh don't worry with d help of BVN, DAT can b extended to his oda accts with other banks and he will definitely b caught 1 day. Only if he is going to leave the shores of this country DAT is wen he can get away with d money.

No doubt, the teller DAT posted made a big mistake and he calling out d attention of Diamond bank to it is a laudable thing.
i don't believe so
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by ikombe: 9:11am On Aug 16, 2017
agarawu23:
Diamond bank that steals from me daily in the name of stamp duty and alert carges. Sorry! I will use the money for 2-3 month before I return it. If them carry me go court, I will give them date and time I will return it grin
na only you talk sense for here

2 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by DJInfluence: 9:25am On Aug 16, 2017
There is something wrong with us as a people. Why would you need a reward for doing the right thing? How do we think? It should be a duty to ourselves and the soceity to do the right thing.

this our mentality explains why so many fall victims of pastors/traditionalists and their tricks because when we give tithes and thanks offering, we do it not because we sincerely want to, but because we hope that one day, God/the oracle we belive in, will do more for us.
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by NCANTaskForce: 9:30am On Aug 16, 2017
Stupid foolish boy
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Segibambo(m): 9:30am On Aug 16, 2017
We’ll be diving head first to creating our first video. In the first part, we looked at a detailed description of the user interface of our choice software, VideoScribe. The basic elements of a whiteboard video being a script/storyboard, voice over and post production process.

Writing your first Script and Story Board

Script

We’ll be making a short script and storyboard for a hypothetical company called Blue-Hyphen, a security solution company that prevents cyber attacks and other related security issues....

Read more... https://www.nairaland.com/3991553/learn-how-create-whiteboard-video
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by pemoney(m): 9:32am On Aug 16, 2017

Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by seangy4konji: 9:36am On Aug 16, 2017
Make I genuflect I return any money.
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by geraldmartins(m): 9:40am On Aug 16, 2017
agarawu23:
Diamond bank that steals from me daily in the name of stamp duty and alert carges. Sorry! I will use the money for 2-3 month before I return it. If them carry me go court, I will give them date and time I will return it grin
probably after Enuf turnover

u must b a good business man�

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by FBLJ(m): 9:41am On Aug 16, 2017
Why do we expect reward for doing the right thing? He did the right thing a good person should do, if he didnt send back the mney, it would eventually be sorted out and he will lose more than he has gained now...... a good reputation
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by u3fine(m): 9:42am On Aug 16, 2017
That's if he will make heaven
quote author=Davash222 post=59516494]His reward is in Heaven.[/quote]
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 16, 2017
yemmit90:

Dont forget he may have more than the said money in his bank account. After good meals, nice house, cars or probably a beautiful wife, you will discover that you dont really need too much money in life to be happy.

U too much.
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by AngelicBeing: 9:47am On Aug 16, 2017
Davash222:
His reward is in Heaven.
tongue

Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Olulinks(m): 9:48am On Aug 16, 2017
yemmit90:

Or maybe this is just one cheap publicity for the Diamond bank. Now everybody is talking about the bank now. When the publicity has farther as they planned it, they will make a shabby arrangements for the guy to be rewarded and that their "goodwill" will even go more viral than the first staged incident. Think! People think!!!
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by omaolowo(m): 9:49am On Aug 16, 2017
yemmit90:

Oh, Yes. I concur
Tell them....!
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Olulinks(m): 9:49am On Aug 16, 2017
Olulinks:

Or maybe this is just one cheap publicity for Diamond bank. Now everybody is talking about the bank. When the publicity has gone farther than they even planned it, they will then make a shabby arrangement for the guy to be rewarded and that their "goodwill" will even go more viral than the first staged incident. Think! People think!!!
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by orisa37: 9:51am On Aug 16, 2017
I know 99% of Nigerians don't know other than Corruption and will go to Hell. The 1% should just keep praying nonstop. They're in the Purpose of God and He will never abandon them.
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by aquila123(m): 9:53am On Aug 16, 2017
the devil isa bastard !!!

why not my account baba God?

Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Orpe7(m): 9:56am On Aug 16, 2017
As for me o
I will quickly invest the money in Treasury bills for about two months make them carry me go court after enough dragging i go return their money
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Orpe7(m): 9:57am On Aug 16, 2017
[quote author=Olulinks post=59522825][/quote]

U got a point there. Make d guy even post the transfer make we see
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Olulinks(m): 10:00am On Aug 16, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Make dem just dash the guy the 300k wey dey on top the 7m na, no need for all these stories.
Or maybe this is just one cheap publicity for Diamond bank. Now everybody is talking about the bank. When the publicity has gone farther than they even planned it, they will then make a shabby arrangement for the guy to be rewarded and that their "goodwill" will even go more viral than the first staged incident. Think! People think!!!
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Witnes: 10:02am On Aug 16, 2017
A real gud guy,,,this change has really change d behaviour of Nigerians. If we could continue like this, definitely, we shall get there
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by zelaws: 10:03am On Aug 16, 2017
The comments read on this topic shows a lot about decay in our moral and uprightness! The guy is a just man. He has done what a normal and sane person should do. if not the processor of the transfer would have been paying back with his salary right now.
The fact that such error was made will result to sanctions to the staff involved and for this to be on social media will be more sanctions if not sack.
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by 2sexycom(m): 10:05am On Aug 16, 2017
Davash222:
His reward is in Heaven.
when pastor's reward is on earth here undecided
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by TheArticleNG(m): 10:07am On Aug 16, 2017
Olulinks:

I agreed with you, no sane person will be foolish to mistakenly credit 7.3m to a wrong acct number, gonna make a post on that
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by oluwayimika123: 10:10am On Aug 16, 2017
MisterGrace:

Your type can never be a leader of any sort.

You cannot motivate or carry others along to achieve a set goal.

People would find it difficult to be happy if they are to work under you.

Pls calm ur nerves down I ve only told u how d system operates so pls don't b 2 judgmental
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by FunkyAlhaji2015: 10:15am On Aug 16, 2017
agarawu23:
Judge will set your bail for 7.3 million with 2 sureties in like sum, if you know what this means
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Ugosample(m): 10:24am On Aug 16, 2017
DoubleO07:
In the Nigeria of today, yes 7.3 million might just take him a bit far and that is if he is the smart type, because most people in Nigeria just complain and shout for money but majority of them don't really know what to do with money and will just want to be rich to show off or to impress others.

For one who wants peace of mind the wise thing is to return the money because he just might have been used to cover up something way bigger than 7.3million and the people now saying he his a fool for speaking will be the same people calling for his head to roll when EFCC list his name later that he was part of this and that.

Moving forward, A lot of Nigerians really don't know people from ALL OVER THE WORLD can read all what they type and say and those saying he should not return it are further telling the world this is how Nigerians think by default and later you will say the government is corrupt.

If I am to give a definition to the corruption, I will say corruption thrives among corrupt people period!

If we as Nigerians start to fight Corruption form all angles and manner, people will think twice before they do it.

A good name they say is better than silver and Gold but in Nigeria the reverse is the case, because every one wants what they can eat right away and by pass any other consequences.

I feel a lot of Nigerians don't really see that things have gotten SO BAD and the earlier we change our ways the better.

Don't mind them

Tomorrow they would say that politicians are corrupt, when they are the corrupt ones
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Ugosample(m): 10:28am On Aug 16, 2017
linearity:

I will let it sit in the account and accrue interest, by the time they came around to reverse it, which will be after the sender had discovered they made a mistake, report to diamond bank and diamond starts and concludes their investigation...my interest would have been a lot and they can then take back their initial deposit.

At this one has sense

A win win situation for both you, and the person who owns the money.

Not those others saying that they will run away
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by misspineapple(f): 10:37am On Aug 16, 2017
No compensation?Mtcheew
Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 16, 2017
BabaAlabi:
The high number of people saying he should have absconded with the money just shows the high number of mentally deficient people in Nigeria. There is no way anyone can take that amount of money and won't be hunted down. Even if you escape to Ghana, y'all have forgotten the low purchasing power of the Naira compared to other currencies. #7m will quickly finish but he will remain a fugitive for life. He won't be able to be with his family ever again, he will never have peace of mind and with time, the fruits of the money will taste like ashes in his mouth.
The wise and logical move he can take, is to return the money. The wise and logical move for Diamond bank is to handsomely reward him. WTF does you are a diamond mean? angry Na dat one he go chop

I actually dont have a problem with people who say he should run with the money, I mean that is the leftist thing to do. I do have a problem with everybody thinking that there must be a reward for doing good. This in another sense has made doing good be a conscious effort rather than it being an unconscious one. in the real sense, I mean that everybody now wants to do good because of what they would gain from it. What about doing good because its the right thing to do and your heart would feel at peace not for anyman but for the fact that you know you are doing the morally right thing. This mentality has eaten deep into nigerians thats why you see people who help you find parking spaces and want to be sorted. You see people who help you push your broken down car and want some money from you, the security men at the banks wanting you to tip them for doing their jobs and also others who help you in one way or the other and want some form of reward even when there should not be any. Many have forgotten that just saying "Thank You" is one of the greatest rewards anyone can get. Lets change our mentality please.

Thanks.

misspineapple:
No compensation?Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Replies Nigerian Guy Who Cried Out Over N7.3m Mistakenly Credited by naijaboiy: 10:49am On Aug 16, 2017
maximunimpact:
Imagine this decay in principles and morality, people want to rewarded and celebrated for doing the right thing.
Should they be rewarded and celebrated for doing the wrong thing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Runs Her Salon Business From Under A Tree, Photos Go Viral / Man Uses Mercedes G-Wagon To Sell Plantain In Owerri (Video) / Man Slumps & Dies At Bank In Delta After Waiting Several Hours To Withdraw Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.