Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,823 members, 7,817,399 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun (7771 Views)

Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun / Ifeanyi Uba's Diversion of N11bn Fuel Is Punishable By Death -DSS / Capital Oil Sold Missing Fuel Worth N11bn, Senate Calls For Massive Sack In NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun by dre11(m): 6:51am On Aug 16, 2017
By Abbas Jimoh

The Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, has said that the Federal Government recovered N11.6 billion so far from the tips they received since the Whistleblower Policy was launched in December 2016.

Speaking yesterday in Abuja at the fifth Bureau of Public Service Reform (BPSR) Lunch Time Seminar, with the theme: ‘The Whistleblower Policy and its Implications for Public Servants’, Adeosun said that out of the 5,000 tips received government only acted on 365 of them and that N375.8 million had been paid to 20 whistleblowers who provided information that led to the recovery.

She said the Whistleblower Policy had been one of government’s most successful new initiatives, adding that over half of the tips came from public servants touching on issues like contract inflation, ghost workers, illegal recruitment, misappropriation of funds, illegal sale of government assets, diversion of revenues and violation of Treasury Single Account (TSA) regulations, among others.

She said 39 per cent (144) of the actionable tips related to misappropriation and diversion of funds/revenue, 16 per cent (60) related to ghost workers, illegal recruitment and embezzlement of funds meant for personnel emolument, 15 per cent (56) related to violation of TSA regulations, 13 per cent (49) related to contract inflation/violation of the Procurement Act and failure to carry out projects for which funds had been released and nine per cent (34) related to non-remittance of pension and NHIS deductions, while others included concealed bail-out funds and embezzlement of funds from donor agencies.

“Part of our work is to analyse trends and take corrective actions. For example, many of the salary, tax and pension under remittance cases shared a common thread. Several cases where institutions were found to have insufficient funds to meet there obligations often had illegal recruitments which bloated the wage bill and agencies responded by part-paying or short paying salaries, whilst applying to FG for salary shortfall payments. We are revising our procedures for approval of recruitment, which will improve our budgeting and control.

“Equally, in many cases where revenue has been diverted to accounts outside TSA, we have reviewed our reconciliation and receipting processes. So the information being provided is useful in driving process improvements. If as a civil servant you have information about a possible misconduct or violation that has occurred, is ongoing, or is about to occur, we implore you to come forward and report it. You can submit your information anonymously and confidentially through the online portal, by email or by phone and if you choose to disclose your identity, I assure you that it will be fully protected.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/whistleblower-5000-tips-received-n11bn-recovered-adeosun/210169.html

lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun by LionDeLeo: 6:52am On Aug 16, 2017
Very good one there.

4 Likes

Re: Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun by pauljumbo: 7:23am On Aug 16, 2017
Propaganda

16 Likes

Re: Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun by aku626(m): 7:27am On Aug 16, 2017
angry angry where's is the 11bn invested in? Did they use it to treat the president?

15 Likes

Re: Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun by sarrki(m): 7:27am On Aug 16, 2017
Good one my daughter

God bless you kemi

Keep making us proud Darling

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun by sarrki(m): 7:28am On Aug 16, 2017
pauljumbo:
Propaganda

Dem don start again

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun by aolawale025: 7:35am On Aug 16, 2017
They keep re-circulating the same old news over and over

11 Likes

Re: Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun by Neduzze5(m): 9:56am On Aug 16, 2017
Well, Mrs. Adeosun, how has the almost 12 billion naira retrieved so far help in turning the economy of this country around and back to where it was before your lord and master took over?

Y'all need some time to count through the money to be very sure of the amount or probably to ensure that the money is not fake before bringing it back into the economy?

Or probably, the cabal has shared it within themselves and send out only the figures for BMCs to masturbate and make noise upon?

Thieving mofos!!

10 Likes

Re: Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun by speezyWears: 9:56am On Aug 16, 2017
Afonja Arowolo

Kemi well-done,

Warm regards.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun by Neduzze5(m): 9:56am On Aug 16, 2017
sarrki:
Good one my daughter

God bless you kemi

Funny.....

No wonder you keep supporting her. Your daughter steals from the government and brings to you and you give her your blessings.

No worry, one day monkey go go market, and e no go return. Na then you go know say the kin banana wey fall ontop you na the heavy bunch, no be one finger. angry

10 Likes

Re: Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun by jumich1(m): 9:57am On Aug 16, 2017
Funny People in Power ( FPiP ) Your deceptive Propagandas can only work for you for a while not always

I hope the millions of dollars found in Ikoyi residence and that of ex GMD of NNPC's hundreds of millions of dollars are also included in the 11 billion naira?

4 Likes

Re: Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun by Treasure1919(f): 9:57am On Aug 16, 2017
But is d money recovered?

2 Likes

Re: Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun by Ublessed123(m): 9:57am On Aug 16, 2017
grin grin govt of lies

3 Likes

Re: Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun by twilliamx(m): 9:58am On Aug 16, 2017
Ignorant morons on nairaland that they are trying to save their future will come and say it's a lie.

2 Likes

Re: Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun by aquila123(m): 9:58am On Aug 16, 2017
haahaaahaaaaahahahaa ....
na for dis mata I noe say ...
the devil isa bastard !!!

2 Likes

Re: Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun by bejeria101(m): 9:59am On Aug 16, 2017
You belive this,then buhari is hale and hearty! Awon oponu iya oshi

3 Likes

Re: Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun by lathrowinger: 9:59am On Aug 16, 2017
Re: Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun by Onedibe1: 9:59am On Aug 16, 2017
sarrki:
Good one my daughter

God bless you kemi

Lol...she x making u proud?well,am very sure u dnt knw d meaning of dat word
Re: Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun by Ne0w1zarD: 9:59am On Aug 16, 2017
undecided

Kemi that's not good in maths...

She will later come and say she meant 1 billion..
Re: Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun by Captain1Nigeria(m): 10:00am On Aug 16, 2017
No be 3trilion as dem talk hem.
Re: Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 10:00am On Aug 16, 2017
though are leaders are very clueless and need to be flogged.. but some times I pity dem

If Minister no talk, dem go say na dormant minister
if the minister open mouth, dem go shout say na lie..
If Kemi no talk on how much she recover, na im dem go say dem dey collect money hide..
if she talk say na so so and so, dem go say na inflated or deflated.

I just pity dem, but y I go pity dem self, na me dem d share their salary with.. #JoinsTheCrowd2shout na lie !! na lie !! shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun by Miraxzeebility(m): 10:00am On Aug 16, 2017
M
Re: Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun by Leez(m): 10:01am On Aug 16, 2017
aku626:
angry angry where's is the 11bn invested in? Did they use it to treat the president?
grin
Re: Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun by Miraxzeebility(m): 10:02am On Aug 16, 2017
To all those Alhaji in my estate at Abuja, wallahi am watching u all. Any day i sight either a bullion van or a bus entering una compound wallahi that day i turn blow.

1 Like

Re: Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun by vedaxcool(m): 10:03am On Aug 16, 2017
grin grin grin Wailing haterz will not like this

1 Like

Re: Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun by Miraxzeebility(m): 10:03am On Aug 16, 2017
sarrki:
fvvk you Kemi Adeosun, better tell buhari to pay me my 3 months salary for lying on his behalf online.

oh Mr man now we know who u are

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun by Giddiebabalaw(m): 10:05am On Aug 16, 2017
Well... I hope it ll be spent on basic infrastructural developments...
Re: Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun by Pumpido75(m): 10:08am On Aug 16, 2017
Transperency in government is one of the core achievements of the Apc. It's no longer business as usual, kudos. The quilty are always afraid.

1 Like

Re: Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun by AustineCJ: 10:08am On Aug 16, 2017
Total Nonsense. All the money the FG have been recovering what are they doing with it??The $90billion of Former Pet minister, The Money recovered from past leaders why can't they use it n settle ASUU at least let's know they have achieved something..... Devilish Party,I curse all evil minded Nigerian Leaders and those who support these vision less govt....they will die before their time so the good will live and enjoy the fruits of the land.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

No One Can Defeat Fulani In Nigeria —Bello, Fulani National Leader / Reps To Reopen Alleged $1.348b Power Fraud Probe / This 12 Pictures Will Make You Honour May30th Biafra Heroes Day And Sit-at-home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.