Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF (12508 Views)

IPPIS Operators Manipulating Platform- Audit Report / FIRS Failed To Collect N41 Billion Taxes From Firms – Audit Report / Ihedioha To Sign Order On TSA As Imo Uncovers 250 Accounts Operated By Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by dre11(m): 6:38am On Aug 17, 2017
John Ameh , Abuja

Members of the House of Representatives were in shock on Wednesday when the Auditor - General of the Federation, Mr. Anthony Ayine, disclosed that over two years after the Treasury Single Account policy came into operation , it had not been audited.

He also claimed not to be aware of the amount of funds so far deposited into the account since his office had not done due diligence on it .

Ayine had appeared before an ad hoc committee of the House , which is investigating the operations of the TSA since it was inaugurated in 2015.

The committee said an estimated N 4 . 2 tn had so far been transferred into the TSA , which is domiciled in the Central Bank of Nigeria .

The committee is chaired by a member of the All Progressives Congress from Kano State, Mr. Abubakar Nuhu .

The AGF quickly admitted blame before the lawmakers , saying that it was an “ omission” for his office not to have audited the TSA over the last two years.

In the absence of the audit , Ayine stated that his office had not produced a report on the status of the TSA.

However , he reminded the lawmakers that he met the situation like that when he resumed duties about seven months ago.

He added that his first step was to review the situation and immediately put plans in place to carry out the audit .

Ayine added , “ For TSA , we have not actually carried out any performance audit directly . After my review (of the situation), I asked why there was no audit of the TSA and I was told it was an ongoing programme , but I knew that there is the need to carry it out.

“ Not carrying it out was an omission and it was wrong because the circle of audit is for preceding year and we have had two years for TSA now .

“ Since I noticed that no performance audit was done , I gave the directive that it should be carried out three weeks ago. ”

When the committee asked a specific question about the N 4 . 2 tn , the AGF replied that he could not confirm it without an audit being done first .

“ Not quite (sure ); I need to , as an auditor , to have verifiable evidence before me to be categorical in my response .

“ I need to have documents relating (to the transfers ). ”

But , the Office of the Accountant - General of the Federation praised the TSA policy , saying that it had impacted positively on the economy by monitoring the flow of funds within Ministries , Departments and Agencies of government .

The Director (Funds) , Mr. Alexander Adeyemi , who spoke for the AGOF’ s office , explained how the TSA had reduced pressure on the Consolidated Revenue Fund by over N 4 bn monthly .

“ With this , there is fund to carry out activities of MDAs because payments are no longer authorised until due diligence is carried out and verified on projects , ” Adeyemi added .

The director advised the committee to seek further details from the CBN.

But , efforts by the committee to get information on the N 1 . 65tn said to be the inflow into the sub - account of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation in the TSA , yielded no results.

The director simply replied that his office did not have any data on the NNPC .

“ The information on this inflow is not available to the AGOF’ because it is not available in the treasury .

“ The committee may want to ask the NNPC and the CBN to provide the information ” , he told lawmakers .

However , he informed members that whenever there were differences in figures between Remita and the AGOF , the matter would be resolved through the reconciliation of the figures.

The members were unhappy that the GMD of the NNPC, Dr . Maikanti Baru , who had been invited for the session , stayed away .

The committee threatened to use “constitutional powers ” vested in the House to compel attendance by the GMD if he failed to provide information on the corporation ’ s TSA transactions.

http://punchng.com/no-audit-report-on-n4-2tn-tsa-two-years-after-agf/

lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by seunmsg(m): 6:53am On Aug 17, 2017
This is obviously an oversight by the office of the Auditor general for the Federation. It is inexcusable though and the AGF should rightly take full blame.

6 Likes

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by opribo(m): 6:55am On Aug 17, 2017
seunmsg:
This is obviously an oversight by the office of the Auditor general for the Federation. It is inexcusable though and the AGF should rightly take full blame.

How are we sure that's not the money used is sustaining bubu in UK.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by chemali: 6:57am On Aug 17, 2017
The AGF either doesn't know what he's doing or he's lying or the office of the AGF is incompetent.
Looking at this headline: https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/07/04/finally-nassembly-receives-2015-audited-report-of-mdas/

The 2015 report was submitted in July 2017. Almost 2 years after the year end. The TSA was implemented in 2015. How was the 2015 audit concluded without a review of the accounts that hold government balances?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by greatiyk4u(m): 6:59am On Aug 17, 2017
This kind of news dey tire me joor
Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by kingphilip(m): 7:08am On Aug 17, 2017
This is Nigeria my country

I think say e no go reach this level

But I sure say the shocker go come after the audit

10 Likes

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by MisterGrace: 7:09am On Aug 17, 2017
These people had no developmental road map until few months ago.

Very shameless set of nincompoops.

11 Likes

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by Nobody: 7:13am On Aug 17, 2017
I GIVE UP ON NIGERIA.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by seunmsg(m): 7:14am On Aug 17, 2017
chemali:
The AGF either doesn't know what he's doing or he's lying or the office of the AGF is incompetent.
Looking at this headline: https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/07/04/finally-nassembly-receives-2015-audited-report-of-mdas/

The 2015 report was submitted in July 2017. Almost 2 years after the year end. The TSA was implemented in 2015. How was the 2015 audit concluded without a review of the accounts that hold government balances?

Ayine added , “ For TSA , we have not actually carried out any performance audit directly . After my review (of the situation), I asked why there was no audit of the TSA and I was told it was an ongoing programme , but I knew that there is the need to carry it out.

“ Not carrying it out was an omission and it was wrong because the circle of audit is for preceding year and we have had two years for TSA now .

Not a great excuse from the AGF but above is the plain truth. The mistake had been noticed and the TSA will be audited and reported on in the 2016 annual report.

1 Like

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by ChangetheChange: 7:16am On Aug 17, 2017
grin grin grin
Members of the House of Representatives were in shock on Wednesday when the Auditor - General of the Federation, Mr. Anthony Ayine, disclosed that over two years after the Treasury Single Account policy came into operation , it had not been audited.
He also claimed not to be aware of the amount of funds so far deposited into the account since his office had not done due diligence on it .

APC and Propaganda

The money that would have been looted by APC Before 2019 will make Nigerians weep

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by Homeboiy: 7:21am On Aug 17, 2017
IT has been used on buharis medical expenses

we have entered one chance grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by stevnwigw: 8:15am On Aug 17, 2017
This is what you get when people who gained admission into university with 30 in jamb due to quota system turns out to occupy sensitive position.

12 Likes

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by sleemfesh: 8:19am On Aug 17, 2017
How dem go audit their stealing department? Ndi oshi.

9 Likes

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by shachris02: 8:22am On Aug 17, 2017
There you have it, Folks.

These are your corruption fighters. grin

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by seunmsg(m): 8:32am On Aug 17, 2017
stevnwigw:
This is what you get when people who gained admission into university with 30 in jamb due to quota system turns out to occupy sensitive position.

The current Auditor General is from Cross River state. He took over from Mrs Anyanwu who acted for 6 months before he was appointed. Anyanwu is from Imo state.

9 Likes

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by Caseless: 9:06am On Aug 17, 2017
stevnwigw:
as it is mostly common in the south. Ayine is a product of quota system too.
Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by dlondonbadboy: 9:40am On Aug 17, 2017
Nice one nigeria..

1 Like

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by eleojo23: 9:41am On Aug 17, 2017
No audit report for 2 years?

And they say there is no corruption now?

Who knows what has been happening to the money in that account all this time?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by Sleyanya1(m): 9:41am On Aug 17, 2017
cool cool
Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 17, 2017
Does corruption in Nigeria even have a cure. It works like ebola virus.

1 Like

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by tochivitus(m): 9:42am On Aug 17, 2017
APC we are still observing you #corrupt ass niggas, dirthbags

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by maxiuc(m): 9:43am On Aug 17, 2017
Strong cabals incharge

I hope PDP wins election 2019

More is yet to be disclosed

Nigeria is finished

Where is that maggot Sariki

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by lexy2014: 9:44am On Aug 17, 2017
Caseless:
don't mind the pig.
tone down ur language. If u don't agree with what he said, u don't need to insult.just make ur point

17 Likes

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by Atiku2019: 9:45am On Aug 17, 2017
Change Indeed grin
Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by KingLennon(m): 9:45am On Aug 17, 2017
So who's lying here? I smell something fishy. Well lets wait till when you have done your checks and balance....

3 Likes

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by IBBG(m): 9:45am On Aug 17, 2017
by the time the account is audited, the 20 billion sanusi claim was missing under jonathan will be a joke compared to this one. Which kind useless country be dis one sef. the tin d pain me die.

12 Likes

Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by liftedhigh: 9:46am On Aug 17, 2017
I
Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by liftedhigh: 9:46am On Aug 17, 2017
Cool
Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by fujirice: 9:46am On Aug 17, 2017
opribo:

How are we sure that's not the money used is sustaining bubu in UK.
Grow up already!! Ah!!
Re: No Audit Report On N4.2tn TSA Two Years After –AGF by yeyeboi(m): 9:47am On Aug 17, 2017
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Send 300 Nigerians To Portugal Over Kano-Maradi Rail / Garba Shehu: Buhari Healthier Than Most Nigerian Youths Attacking Him / We Will Forestall Any Ugly Incidences Around The FCT - Police PRO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.