Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:14 AM

Sometimes - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sometimes (829 Views)

Reason Why I'll Never Give Head Again 18+ / Jessica Elvis: I'll Sleep With Ronaldo, Wizkid Before I Retire From Prostitution / What To Say When A Girl Asks ‘why Do You Love Me?’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sometimes by efvee: 10:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
b
Re: Sometimes by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 17, 2017
The most important thing to do is to love your self in totality, you mustn't compare your stature, status or life to someone else. You are the best of yourself that can ever exist. Work and be yourself, love will surely find you but be careful and don't be hasty in accepting every guy that approach you, take your time. There's love somewhere for you, there's a man for every woman and a woman for every man.
Re: Sometimes by VargasVee(m): 10:50pm On Aug 17, 2017
Be comfortable in your own skin. That's all that matters.

Forget the shows all those people you're comparing yourself with are putting up, they might even have bigger flaws than you think

There's defo someone for another person out there. Just live your life.
Re: Sometimes by GreatEvilBeast(m): 11:00pm On Aug 17, 2017
u r not alone girl. a lot of people go through the same thing but package outside so you wouldn't know.

Just Be who you really are, the right person is looking for that You
Re: Sometimes by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 17, 2017
Love yourself first
Re: Sometimes by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 17, 2017
My dear, there is every woman for every man, there is someone out there who will love you and will cherish you so much, you will meet him.

Be confident, you are unique, your academic excellence should even give you self esteem cos you are better than those girls you are comparing yourself with, most girls are dumb and unintelligent, but you are brainy, that's an edge you have over them. Quit looking down on yourself and don't underestimate yourself, you are unique and you deserve the very best.

Remember that life is all about packaging, the way you package yourself as a young lady, the way you carry yourself is the way people will see you.

Best wishes.
Re: Sometimes by efvee: 11:16pm On Aug 17, 2017
Thanks so much guys. I have been dying in silence for long. Anytime I tell my mum she keeps relating it to something spiritual.

I really appreciate
Re: Sometimes by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 17, 2017
My sis you are the sort of girl I really like (athletic body) not girly girly nonsense and I can tell you a lot guys will also fancy your type

Stop overthinking your relationship problems cause honestly you have none
Re: Sometimes by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 17, 2017
Real people are not after your imperfections. Everyone got a chunk of that already.
Re: Sometimes by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 17, 2017
efvee:
I am currently an undergraduate. I have been going through some identity and self-love crises. I believe I am so blessed to be who I am. I have a 4.98 CGPA, I make my own money with my God-given talent. I have done internships with different multinational companies. I speak really well and read widely, but I still have self-love challenges. I have issues with my physical appearance. I'm a bit athletic and slim. I wish I could be like other girls sometimes: fair, voluptuous etc. Sometimes I feel no one would ever love me because of my physical appearance and that's why I've tried to garner as many achievements as possible, but still I haven't seen myself differently. I'm always scared to hang out with guys because I feel they'd notice imperfections in my body and taunt me or dump me. Before going on a date, I always take sometime to speak some positive things to myself which have a temporary effect, so I can seem confident. Please therapists help because I have been battling this for a long time in my life. I have failed to appreciate my appearance and it's affecting me severely.

PS: When you see me in social circles, you wouldn't have the slightest idea that i'm going through these things. People look up to me and believe I'm so confident and energetic.

God bless you for your advice in advance

4.9 cgpa and you are struggling with issues like this.

forget about men
focus on yourself
focus on your career
earn good money
and you can work on your appearance.

when a person is relaxed his/her beauty comes out.

dunno why girls worry so much about their looks when no one is perfect

haba na
forget about your looks and keep getting those grades
when a girl is intelligent, looks will be the last thing on her mind
focus on what you want to achieve and face it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sometimes by Learnstuffs: 12:11am On Aug 18, 2017
Try and strike a balance between academics and social life. From my experience in the University, those who devote more time to studies and achievements hardly have time for themselves and their physical appearance, dressing and grooming. As a lady, it is a very important thing to consider
Re: Sometimes by mmaluv2(f): 12:34am On Aug 18, 2017
First love yourself, be happy with yourself cause love is a beautiful thing and it loves all imperfections. So cheer up, be happy and love will find you
Re: Sometimes by maclatunji: 12:49am On Aug 18, 2017
Evaberry:

haba na
4.9 cgpa and you are struggling with issues like this.

forget about men
focus on yourself
focus on your career
earn good money
and you can work on your appearance.

when a person is relaxed his/her beauty comes out.

dunno why girls worry so much about their looks when no one is perfect

Men go chase am tire. She should just continue being an achiever and not go and fall for some fraudster in the name of 'finding someone at last'.
Re: Sometimes by Nobody: 4:07am On Aug 18, 2017
efvee:
I am currently an undergraduate. I have been going through some identity and self-love crises. I believe I am so blessed to be who I am. I have a 4.98 CGPA, I make my own money with my God-given talent. I have done internships with different multinational companies. I speak really well and read widely, but I still have self-love challenges. I have issues with my physical appearance. I'm a bit athletic and slim. I wish I could be like other girls sometimes: fair, voluptuous etc. Sometimes I feel no one would ever love me because of my physical appearance and that's why I've tried to garner as many achievements as possible, but still I haven't seen myself differently. I'm always scared to hang out with guys because I feel they'd notice imperfections in my body and taunt me or dump me. Before going on a date, I always take sometime to speak some positive things to myself which have a temporary effect, so I can seem confident. Please therapists help because I have been battling this for a long time in my life. I have failed to appreciate my appearance and it's affecting me severely.

PS: When you see me in social circles, you wouldn't have the slightest idea that i'm going through these things. People look up to me and believe I'm so confident and energetic.

God bless you for your advice in advance

I have a friend in school, Ope, she has a cgpa of 5.0, I was once interested in her but backed out when I found out her result, do you know why? I couldn't just understand why someone with that level of academic prowess will have a low self esteem, she was too shy, and never saw herself as beautiful, meanwhile someone like me was eyeing her, see like I once told her, Emilie Sandie said in her song, "if no one ever hears you how are we gonna learn your song". Go out there, join a debating club it will help a lot, join a school activity that involves you meeting people, no one lights a lamp and puts it under the bed. Now during our dept elections, this girl lost to a relatively unknown junior girl, she has a 5.0, the other lady who has the same result in Accounting rolls with the high and mighty in my school, anx she isnt even beautiful, but this ope girl behaves as if she has a 2.0.

In summary, everyone gets their confidence from something, intelligence, money, looks, I get mine from the fact that I'm also brilliant and smart, though didn't make a first class, my dear you have a first class, a first class!!, if I were you, I will be literally walking with my heads. So forget about the looks, build your confidence on ur brains and people will marvel, its what God has given you o, don't hide it under the bed of "looks"

A cub that behaves like a kangaroo, will never grow to become a lion who will be feared and respected.

Its all up in your head, win the battle first, in the field of your mind. I'm sure one guy is eyeing you, maybe he feels his g.p is not up to, so cheer up.
Re: Sometimes by ayokellany: 7:19am On Aug 18, 2017
efvee:
It is well with you, what you seek will surely find it way to you. Just hang in there.
Re: Sometimes by chiraqDemon(m): 7:31am On Aug 18, 2017
efvee:
Thanks so much guys. I have been dying in silence for long. Anytime I tell my mum she keeps relating it to something spiritual.

I really appreciate
Yeah parents are the last set of ppl to talk to about these things. Im a guy but I've been having self love issues since some things happened to me. On the outside ppl think im confident(sometimes they think im proud) n cheerful but im really the exact opposite.

(1) (Reply)

Girl Twerk To Olamide"s Wo! / See The 4 Sensitive Part Of The Ladies You Can Touch To Make Her Happy / Hushpuppi Replies Mompha And Expose Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.