Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,212 members, 7,953,776 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:55 AM

12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog (6575 Views)

Things To Know Before Starting A Blog / 10 Things To Know Before You Buy A Domain Name / 12 Things That Will Kill Your Blog Post Every Time Blogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by mokoshalb(m): 12:30am On Aug 18, 2017
Thinking of starting a blog? Blogging is a wonderful thing to get involved with and can lead to all sorts of great opportunities. But before you dive right in, it's well worth firstly taking a step back and thinking about a few important things.

Listen up. Starting a blog is pretty easy, but getting it right is a lot more difficult and there are many decisions to make along the way. Here are 12 things you need to know before you even start a blog:

Read more on this topic: Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by mokoshalb(m): 12:30am On Aug 18, 2017
cool
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by dogstyle007(m): 12:49am On Aug 18, 2017
Nice one moko wink
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by mokoshalb(m): 12:52am On Aug 18, 2017
dogstyle007:
Nice one moko wink
smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by Essentials1(m): 1:06am On Aug 18, 2017
Moko, I have someone who is interested in blogging and he want guidance, can i refer him to you?
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by Alwaysking: 2:26am On Aug 18, 2017
This is good
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by SirLakes: 7:29am On Aug 18, 2017
cheesy
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 18, 2017
You have said it all Op. It's not about being a good writer, lots of things are involved in blogging. Believe me, it's hardwork. Very draining but fun. Yes.. Fun!

If you're a newbie and you want to start a blog, I can help you. Remember, starting a blog is not free. It's like business and like every other business, requires finance.

Check out mine site through my signature.
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by feelgoodstuffs(m): 7:31am On Aug 18, 2017
Blogging is the new job in Naija now
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by Adonis8296(m): 7:33am On Aug 18, 2017
Good one

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by ehinorlive: 7:34am On Aug 18, 2017
if I have 5000 traffic from Nigerian audience alone, what is thé average earnings in AdSense.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by CelestineC(m): 7:35am On Aug 18, 2017
Essentials1:
Moko, I have someone who is interested in blogging and he want guidance, can i refer him to you?

You could also refer the person to read my detailed guide on
how to create a blog from scratch and perhaps call contact me via the contact page

Regards
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by sakalisis(m): 7:39am On Aug 18, 2017
cool
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by opalu: 7:40am On Aug 18, 2017
Ok
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by CelestineC(m): 7:44am On Aug 18, 2017
Every blogger indeed ought to know these things

Blogging is more than just writing and every one ought to understand that it's not a get rich quick scheme

However, by following the right blogging ethics, one can achieve a lot in his/her blogging adventure

For your blogging tips and mentorship check my signature
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 18, 2017
Learn how to post lies
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by KayDEAN(m): 7:47am On Aug 18, 2017
grin grin grin these emojis are my reaction to people who still think they can monetize their blogs in 2017
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by microsofttutor(m): 7:48am On Aug 18, 2017
SEE THE GUIDES TO DOWNLOAD AND SETUP KINGDOM WARRIORS APK + MOD (LATEST VERSION) at http://joelinkstech..com.ng/2017/07/the-description-of-kingdom-warriors-apk-mod-data.html
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by microsofttutor(m): 7:53am On Aug 18, 2017
SEE THE 7 SIMPLE STRATEGIES TO INCREASE YOUR GOOGLE ADSENSE EARNINGS at http://www.microsofttut.com/2017/08/7-simple-strategies-to-increase-your-adsense-earning.html
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by JohnNgene: 7:53am On Aug 18, 2017
Thanks. Your advice on choosing a self-hosted wordpress shows that you know so much about blogging. Nigerians think using free blogging platforms like TheirDomainName..com or TheirDomainName. is cheap. But they end up learning the hard way at the end of the day.

Another thing, I must add is for Nigerian bloggers to seek for real advertisers/sponsors and rely less on adsense. Then, when you get real adverts on your blog, don't be greedy by making your advert rates too expensive. Remember you're not yet on Linda Ikeji's level yet. Lol. Start low first. When more advertisers start knocking on your blog's door, you can then charge higher to let them in.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by mokoshalb(m): 7:59am On Aug 18, 2017
Essentials1:
Sure!
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by pointstores(m): 8:01am On Aug 18, 2017
ok
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 8:12am On Aug 18, 2017
Thanks For that Write up
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 18, 2017
WordPress is cool but it is highly advisable Newbie think twice before diving into it

Grab my free "Increase Blog's Traffic" http://www.netsocialblog.com/2017/08/increase-website-traffic-fast-ebook.html
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by mohammad11: 8:26am On Aug 18, 2017
Good point there OP
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by kingrt2(m): 8:26am On Aug 18, 2017
Well with this information I think am in a bit of a good start. Check out my blog guys @ www.allsportart.
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by FunmyKemmy(f): 9:10am On Aug 18, 2017
Correct.
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 18, 2017
Thinking of starting a blog?, Then contact me.

1 Like

Re: 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by donqx: 9:28am On Aug 18, 2017
good
Re: 12 Things You Need To Know Before You Even Start A Blog by Blogtrovert(f): 9:34am On Aug 18, 2017
Lol... Don't forget to let them know that Good amount of money is needed for a great web host for their wp blog

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Does Mysql Database Means? / 6 Awesome Actions That'll Get You Fresh and Accurate Blog Post Ideas / Free Logos For Ya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.