Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,971 members, 7,821,403 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Nigerians, Why Do We Hate Each Other With Passion? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians, Why Do We Hate Each Other With Passion? (1288 Views)

If APC Was Popular With Nigerians, Why Lose All The Polling Unit In ABUJA? / Dear Nigerians, Why Atiku Must Not Be President – PENGASSAN / The Candidates: Moment Atiku & Buhari Told Nigerians Why They Should Vote Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians, Why Do We Hate Each Other With Passion? by benueguy(m): 11:31am On Aug 18, 2017
When I read some comments on Nairaland it gets me wondering how we got here.

Why would you call a whole tribe funny names (I can't mention here)? Please Nigerians, when did we get here? Don't we have conscience anymore?

We are been ruled by leaders who don't give a damn about us and instead of us to rise in unity, we keep castigating ourselves. Is this fair?

#FromAConcernedNigeria

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44, seun
Re: Nigerians, Why Do We Hate Each Other With Passion? by MightySparrow: 11:33am On Aug 18, 2017
Passion is the soul of an action. Without it an act is tasteless.
Re: Nigerians, Why Do We Hate Each Other With Passion? by captainbangz: 11:47am On Aug 18, 2017
Because we're different people!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Why Do We Hate Each Other With Passion? by Deedeedee5: 11:51am On Aug 18, 2017
We dont like ourselves because we simply dont like ourselves. We share nothing in common.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Why Do We Hate Each Other With Passion? by attackgat: 12:04pm On Aug 18, 2017
benueguy:

Why would you call a whole tribe funny names (I can't mention here)? Please Nigerians, when did we get here? Don't we have conscience anymore?

We are been ruled by leaders who don't give a damn about us and instead of us to rise in unity, we keep castigating ourselves. Is this fair?

Your problem is that you think we one. We are not one and the word 'Nigerian' is just an imposed colonial name.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Why Do We Hate Each Other With Passion? by benueguy(m): 12:09pm On Aug 18, 2017
attackgat:

Your problem is that you think we one. We are not one and the word 'Nigerian' is just an imposed colonial name.
That's my problem exactly. Can't we be one? It can start from Nairaland
Re: Nigerians, Why Do We Hate Each Other With Passion? by chivic(m): 12:12pm On Aug 18, 2017
because our four fathers where too tribalistic and our leaders are following that part. Merit is been eroded.

This things make people not to think straight again and attack anything attackable.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Why Do We Hate Each Other With Passion? by Deedeedee5: 12:43pm On Aug 18, 2017
benueguy:

No we cant be one. We share nothing in common. The only solution is to split the country so we can be good neighbors.
Tu comprehend?
Re: Nigerians, Why Do We Hate Each Other With Passion? by Deedeedee5: 12:44pm On Aug 18, 2017
chivic:
because our four fathers where too tribalistic and our leaders are following that part. Merit is been eroded.

This things make people not to think straight again and attack anything attackable.
Our fathers were not tibalistic. It was just nature taking its place
Re: Nigerians, Why Do We Hate Each Other With Passion? by dlondonbadboy: 12:50pm On Aug 18, 2017
Just divide this country....
Re: Nigerians, Why Do We Hate Each Other With Passion? by chivic(m): 12:50pm On Aug 18, 2017
Deedeedee5:

Our fathers were not tibalistic. It was just nature taking its place

Go and watch their campaign, their talks and how they do their things u will understand it more
Re: Nigerians, Why Do We Hate Each Other With Passion? by attackgat: 12:55pm On Aug 18, 2017
benueguy:

We cant be one. Too many of us want our freedom

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Why Do We Hate Each Other With Passion? by pauljumbo: 12:57pm On Aug 18, 2017
benueguy:

#FromAConcernedNigeria

Hate exist online only

No decent yoruba boy will reject a beautiful igbo girl in real life.

Likewise no decent igbo boy will reject a beautiful yoiruba girl in real life.

I was at alaba international yesterday and see how igbo man is selling his item to Yoruba boys and both of them are very happy doing business together.

All this people posting hate online live happily among themselves in the street.

Politicians is just using hate to devide and rule the masses.

Hate campaign should start from the politicians and not the masses.

When a president denigrate people who don't vote for him that send a very wrong signal.

See the way an igbo man Joe igbokwe Yoruba man osinbanjo and Hausa man buhari are defending themselves you will know hate only exist among the poor and the masses.

Politicians only use hate to devide and rule us

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Why Do We Hate Each Other With Passion? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 18, 2017
pauljumbo:

Hate exist online only

No decent yoruba boy will reject a beautiful igbo girl in real life.

Likewise no decent igbo boy will reject a beautiful yoiruba girl in real life.

I was at alaba international yesterday and see how igbo man is selling his item to Yoruba boys and both of them are very happy doing business together.

All this people posting hate online live happily among themselves in the street.

Politicians is just using hate to devide and rule the masses.

Hate campaign should start from the politicians and not the masses.

When a president denigrate people who don't vote for him that send a very wrong signal.

See the way an igbo man Joe igbokwe Yoruba man osinbanjo and Hausa man buhari are defending themselves you will know hate only exist among the poor and the masses.

Politicians only use hate to devide and rule us

So what is the population of the rich to the poor/masses?
Re: Nigerians, Why Do We Hate Each Other With Passion? by Litmus: 2:56pm On Aug 18, 2017
Nigerians get on well enough. They marry across religious and ethnic lines, eat each others foods, are influenced by each others traditions and primordial wisdoms and have great fun across ethnic lines. We are a very happy,hard working people in the way that dark forces don t wont. The project online, therefore, is to divide Nigerians, and one of the tools employed, is the trick of self-fulfilment. You make a people or individuals believe they have one type of issue or another,which they actually do not have, and then you sit back work on this and watch them go out and fulfil the thing put in their heads. It is a well worn psychological trick. In any case, the project is foreign to Nigeria type and Nigerian ways and for this reason likely an outsiders sponsored Agenda.

Tribalism in Nigeria was never a bitter one, never beyond what one might expect from any bikering-level of Nation in the world where there are a multiplicity of ethnicity or and even well defined class stratification. Beyond the war, Nigeria tribalism was not as divisive or as bitter even as racism in America as an example (I reorganise how controversial this may be for some and won't argue it). The most divisive form of Tribalism in Nigeria, traditionally, was one created by Politics. And yet, where in the world is politics not contentious and a part of that contention not due to politicians exploiting Groups: therefore Class, Ideology, sometimes religious groupings.

Nigeria is a nation of approximatly 190 million individuals; consider this for some moments and then relate this number to even the combined real and exaggerated problems portrayed online.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Why Do We Hate Each Other With Passion? by Deedeedee5: 3:35pm On Aug 18, 2017
chivic:

Go and watch their campaign, their talks and how they do their things u will understand it more
That was why i said it is Nature taking its place
Re: Nigerians, Why Do We Hate Each Other With Passion? by pauljumbo: 3:36pm On Aug 18, 2017
Alcatraz005:

So what the population of the rich to the poor/masses?

Few but powerful

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Why Do We Hate Each Other With Passion? by TheKingdom: 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2017
benueguy:

#FromAConcernedNigeria

Nigeria means Nigger Area or area of Niggers (you can choose).

We need our natural nations like the "TRIBES" of Europe have continued to do, even mocking dumb blacks that are trapped in a zoo
Re: Nigerians, Why Do We Hate Each Other With Passion? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 18, 2017
Litmus:
Nigerians get on well enough. They marry across religious and ethnic lines, eat each others foods, are influenced by each others traditions and primordial wisdoms and have great fun across ethnic lines. We are a very happy,hard working people in the way that dark forces don t wont. The project online, therefore, is to divide Nigerians, and one of the tools employed, is the trick of self-fulfilment. You make a people or individuals believe they have one type of issue or another,which they actually do not have, and then you sit back work on this and watch them go out and fulfil the thing put in their heads. It is a well worn psychological trick. In any case, the project is foreign to Nigeria type and Nigerian ways and for this reason likely an outsiders sponsored Agenda.

Tribalism in Nigeria was never a bitter one, never beyond what one might expect from any bikering-level of Nation in the world where there are a multiplicity of ethnicity or and even well defined class stratification. Beyond the war, Nigeria tribalism was not as divisive or as bitter even as racism in America as an example (I reorganise how controversial this may be for some and won't argue it). The most divisive form of Tribalism in Nigeria, traditionally, was one created by Politics. And yet, where in the world is politics not contentious and a part of that contention not due to politicians exploiting Groups: therefore Class, Ideology, sometimes religious groupings.

Nigeria is a nation of approximatly 190 million individuals; consider this for some moments and then relate this number to even the combined real and exaggerated problems portrayed online.

You have just succeded in saying nothing. Learn to be succint and brief in communicating your thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Why Do We Hate Each Other With Passion? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2017
[quote author=pauljumbo post=59598801]

Few but powerful[/quote ]

I accept. I wont say what is on my mind lest i be targeted by the feds who have beamed their searchlight on this forum.
Re: Nigerians, Why Do We Hate Each Other With Passion? by Seun(m): 3:18pm On Nov 14, 2017
benueguy:

#FromAConcernedNigeria

Contact mynd44. He prevents such from happening.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Why Do We Hate Each Other With Passion? by PointB: 3:31pm On Nov 14, 2017
Seun:

Prevent?

He more like bans users, and they come back stronger. "What is dead may never die." - GOT

The problem is beyond Mynd44, other Mods or even Nairaland. Nigeria is an aggregation of several nations who are simple occupying a geographic expression. The feeling of suspicious, and animosity is mutual, and strong. It's tied to resource sharing and to some extent religion. How can a MOD prevent such animosity from seeping through social media and anonymous internet forum ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Why Do We Hate Each Other With Passion? by Swagahyk(m): 3:49pm On Nov 14, 2017
Most haters on Nairaland have not cross ethnic borders before.( ...born, schooled from primary to secondary and some to Tertiary level all within their region alone). They just have natural hatred from the stories they have heard.

As for me,
•I was born in the North (Kaduna) and attended primary and JSS classes there.
•Completed my secondary in my home(Anambra)
•University and NYSC in the South ( Rivers and Akwa Ibom)
• currently residing here in the West ( lagos)

Am too exposed to hate on my fellow human being due to ethnic differences.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Why Do We Hate Each Other With Passion? by benueguy(m): 3:50pm On Nov 14, 2017
Seun:
Ok
Re: Nigerians, Why Do We Hate Each Other With Passion? by Oga080666419419: 3:50pm On Nov 14, 2017
Seun:

Myndd only ban people for replying yoruba and Muslims insult but look other ways when Igbos are insulted.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Why Do We Hate Each Other With Passion? by gidgiddy: 3:51pm On Nov 14, 2017
benueguy:

Who are you calling Nigerians?

Who is a Nigerian?

"Nigerian" is just a colonial name a certain woman called Flora Lugard invented in London and imported into West Africa.

What matters is who subscribes to that imported name?

(1) (Reply)

Meet This 50 Years Lady Who Never Had Sex Before / Buhari's Rohinghya Speech Led To China's Clampdown Of Muslims / Breaking: President Buhari Visits His Farm In Duara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.