Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) (47798 Views)

UNILAG Releases 2018/2019 Postgraduate Results / "The Results Are Fake": JAMB Speaks On Release Of UTME 2018 Results / JAMB: Results Are Now Out For 13th Of May Candidates ( Screenshot ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by colossus91(m): 10:44am On Aug 19, 2017
all i can see is efcc grin

1 Like

Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by meezynetwork(m): 10:45am On Aug 19, 2017
But some1 got all A except one B, so don't blame lecturers but the students. I remember during my post graduate days, I went the extra mile to make all A's and many people failed too

2 Likes

Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by gare(f): 10:47am On Aug 19, 2017
Omon8:
I am using this opportunity to call on the management of uniben to look at the postgraduate students results of the electrical/electronics department released August 1,2017

Less than 25% of students had credit in all seven courses after 1year lecture period with exams taken once

Some lecturers in the department have joy in seeing students return for extra year....

This is just too poor

Please help move to frontpage

Some Photos of results sheet attached....

PP:Pass proceed to project

FW:Fail Withdraw

Why this ? If you check 90% of the master students are married with children and a whole lot of issues, have you taken the time to find out why the results are like that, you're so far to bring it online with investigating why the results is so bad, there could be a lot of factors, it not just about intelligence.

Pls verify issues and get to the bottom before you judge
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by sagemode007: 10:50am On Aug 19, 2017
The results are so terrible and not to mention a 3rd class graduate who was assisted and now a professor ( igbinovia of tht same department of electrical engineering ) takes pleasure in failing and makin life difficult for students.

Omon8:
More

2 Likes

Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:51am On Aug 19, 2017
delivryboy:
Don't study for postgraduate program in Nigeria, lecturers and the entire school believes they are giving you a certificate that will make you too great in life, hence they will make life extremely difficult if not impossible. How come the same Nigerians go to UK schools and make first class look so easy?
And after studying in the UK what next? Come back to Nigeria and hustle for jobs which aren't readily available wasting close top 10 million naira for a piece of paper. Money which could be used to start a business here in Nigeria.

I would only recommend USA or Canada for a masters and only in a top 20 school in your field. If you can't get it then don't even bother.
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by kpaofame: 10:52am On Aug 19, 2017
sagemode007:
The results are so terrible and not to mention a 3rd class graduate who was assisted and now a professor ( igbinovia of tht same department of electrical engineering ) takes pleasure in failing and makin life difficult for students.

grin grin Igbinovia na case study

3 Likes

Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 19, 2017
This is just a clear picture of the failed and rotten entity called Nigeria.
The instutitions are no longer to impact knowlegde but rather to act as stumbling blocks to academic and career progress. A lecturer is more interested in seeing you fail his course, using that as a yardstick to judge his intellectual capability rather than ensuring that you are able to reproduce using the seed of knowledge he has planted in you. He is more interested in the basking in the glory of being one hell of a tough lecturer that comes after an abberation of a malicious result has been posted and students wallowing in anguish, than in the no of Students whom have gone ahead to influence the society using the knowledge garnered from his lectures.
I fear we might not get it right in this country.
This is indeed �

1 Like

Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by Awoo88: 10:54am On Aug 19, 2017
If you don't like electrical results, you don't want to see those of mechanical. Especially the design & manufacturing section. People spend four years writing bearing and lubrication even When those questions are repeated and the solutions are every where. Or material science that is very easy yet only one or two people usually pass because oyekpe wants to feel important. In my opinion, pg program in engineering from uniben is nothing to write home about. You end up not learning any thing but how unserious the lecturers are.

3 Likes

Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by kishimi8(m): 10:57am On Aug 19, 2017
Wait o Na masters abi pgd be this one ., chei

and from the looks of it the student population is too high ,,

See contrasting result from the other side of the Niger

Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by jedyjedy(m): 10:57am On Aug 19, 2017
yet we go abroad and become d best student. Nigerian lecturers are wicked. let's call a spade a spade.
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by SeniorZato(m): 10:59am On Aug 19, 2017
Rorachy:
What course?
Electrical/electronics
Bayero university kano
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by GentlemanAyo(m): 11:01am On Aug 19, 2017
Originalsly:
Not two heads...... either deep pockets or good bodies accessible to the lecturers on request. With such poor overall results the lecturers need to be investigated for incompetence, favoritism, corruption and exploitation.
Forget all this your English bro, it won't work. The lecturers will willingly defend themselves, in fact they will enjoy it. And that student that went to report will wish he never got the admission. It happened during my undergraduate days, the lecturers affected were called for questioning, come and see big fat lie on top our heads chai, even me I was like fear God na. They had to let it go, what they did was to stop the lecturers from teaching those courses but those that failed still had to rewrite those courses the following year. When you see 44, you will run to church or mosques to give testimony.
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by Creativelopez: 11:03am On Aug 19, 2017
foolish scammers... ;Dfoolish scammers...
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by GentlemanAyo(m): 11:05am On Aug 19, 2017
meezynetwork:
But some1 got all A except one B, so don't blame lecturers but the students. I remember during my post graduate days, I went the extra mile to make all A's and many people failed too
The thing is there are some students that are genius remember it is an engineering department. Even if it is 1 B out of 100 students, they will be the one to get it.
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:14am On Aug 19, 2017
nkemdi89:
Schadenfreude
Es ist schlecht
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by Chizua(m): 11:17am On Aug 19, 2017
Good result without reading?
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by ensamy(m): 11:23am On Aug 19, 2017
Hmmm!!

Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by ottohan: 11:30am On Aug 19, 2017
Dey shuldnt be failing pg students naa..
atleast an E will be good enuf..
A programme of just 18 months na wahh..
Dem go start from beginning d pay schl fees
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by Originalsly: 11:38am On Aug 19, 2017
GentlemanAyo:

Forget all this your English bro, it won't work. The lecturers will willingly defend themselves, in fact they will enjoy it. And that student that went to report will wish he never got the admission. It happened during my undergraduate days, the lecturers affected were called for questioning, come and see big fat lie on top our heads chai, even me I was like fear God na. They had to let it go, what they did was to stop the lecturers from teaching those courses but those that failed still had to rewrite those courses the following year. When you see 44, you will run to church or mosques to give testimony.
Just saying what should happen.... not even for students to report. An investigation and assessment into this kind poor performance doesn't even require the lecturers to defend themselves or explain anything. Investigations from their qualifications to what students think of their performance as lecturers. The problem is.... the authorities are not serious about education so students will continue to suffer and very little will ever change.Has anything changed since your time?..maybe yes...for the worse.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 19, 2017
sagemode007:

you know him very well....
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 19, 2017
The school authority should look at the results
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by youngstarlit(m): 11:49am On Aug 19, 2017

Hope you are know that it doesn't mean they did not study well, it might be because of one or two things which they have failed to consider properly. These things are responsible for the majority of failure among students. Read this article on Reasons Why Students Fail Examinations Despite Studying so that you'll understand better.

Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by ActionsShure: 11:52am On Aug 19, 2017
Sounds like one man called neville obakedo
Basement things
Uniben na schl
Na too dey form boss
Uniben boys and gurls sabi
PatrickOkunima:
I'm aware of that. I was also a student of the same University of Benin. But that is not the case here. Take a close look at the uploaded results and you'll see what I'm talking about. If it were a case of lecturers frustrating students, it will be mass failure on 1 or 2 courses. Example: in my 100 level at Uniben (over 10 years ago), there was this Pol Science course we took. It was a very simple course, but the highest grade awarded by this lecturer was C. More than 90% of the students got F, myself inclusive. It was rumored that he misplaced the scripts and decided to award marks the way he liked to students. Not up to a year after the incident, he was sacked. I don't know if it was for the same offence or a different one.
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by profmsboi(m): 12:06pm On Aug 19, 2017
Even if I no read before I write exam.
My result no fit poor like this
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by profmsboi(m): 12:07pm On Aug 19, 2017
Even if I no read before I write exam.
My result no fit poor like this
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by mcpat(m): 12:16pm On Aug 19, 2017
I beg to disagree.

I might not be a Postgraduate student of any institution but I schooled in the Faculty of Engineering UNIBEN for my undergraduate studies.

The Department of EEE is the best in terms of student - lecturer relationship and always produce the best grades year in year out. In my set they produced 15 1st class, and the year before that 10. They are the highest producers of first class scholars in the whole school.

Rumours have it that a score of 67-69 will still give u an A in EEE because of how lenient the lecturers are.

With the few points stated above, I think it is safe to say that if the department of EEE says that 25% pass all courses then indeed 75% did not achieve such feat. I can categorically state that both the University Admission Board and the University Senate will not listen to whatever you have to say based on antecedents.

I also fault your resolve to post others people result in public domain without the permission of the students in question.

Cc

Davide470 Jamean Ferdyboss 4emmanueltosin

2 Likes

Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by fkj950ax(m): 12:21pm On Aug 19, 2017
Omon8:
I am using this opportunity to call on the management of uniben to look at the postgraduate students results of the electrical/electronics department released August 1,2017

What should the management do?

Pass students that actually failed.

Then you can post tomorrow our institutions are producing half-baked graduands.

Or the students should be employed to handle electrification of a 50storey building and electrical surge burns down the building and bloggers can blame government?

1 Like

Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by claremont(m): 12:22pm On Aug 19, 2017
PatrickOkunima:
These days, students are no longer serious with their studies. They will not prepare for exams, but will expect good results. SMH. The ones that passed, do they have two heads?

In the case of the results posted by the OP, I'm estimating that it shows a failure rate of of more than 70% if we include the 'repeat' and 'PP'. This high failure rate indicates a systemic/institutional issue, not individual student differences. There is no school anywhere in the world where a failure rate of 70% or more is considered to be acceptable.

You have stated your opinion without even analysing the clear data in front of you, and you have already concluded that because a few students passed, the majority (over 70%) who failed should blame themselves. That's completely illogical.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by fkj950ax(m): 12:24pm On Aug 19, 2017
mcpat:

I also fault your resolve to post others people result in public domain without the permission of the students in question.

n

God bless you.
Total invasion of people's privacy. Extremely and irrevocably wrong

1 Like

Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by ehissi(m): 12:34pm On Aug 19, 2017
PatrickOkunima:
These days, students are no longer serious with their studies. They will not prepare for exams, but will expect good results. SMH. The ones that passed, do they have two heads?

That is what novices who havent entered the system before will say.

Go and meet men like Dr Godspower in Computer Science department in UNIBEN, with their lecturing, atitude et al. reset your brain, you go know how far............ undecided

Or best yet, go and take course from Reverend Fapohunda, Marketing, from University of Ibadan...........

In short, if you can take Marketing Information Systems from Reverend Fapohunda and score 90%, I go personally baff nekked for the centre of any Ringroad in any state of the Federation of your choice........ grin
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by Nellybobo(m): 12:35pm On Aug 19, 2017
fkj950ax:

What should the management do?

Pass students that actually failed.

Then you can post tomorrow our institutions are producing half-baked graduands.

Or the students should be employed to handle electrification of a 50storey building and electrical surge burns down the building and bloggers can blame government?
Thank you sir. You make a whole lot of sense ... tell them o

1 Like

Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2017
claremont:

In the case of the results posted by the OP, I'm estimating that it shows a failure rate of of more than 70% if we include the 'repeat' and 'PP'. This high failure rate indicates a systemic/institutional issue, not individual student differences. There is no school anywhere in the world where a failure rate of 70% or more is considered to be acceptable.

You have stated your opinion without even analysing the clear data in front of you, and you have already concluded that because a few students passed, the majority (over 70%) who failed should blame themselves. That's completely illogical.
well said...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. / 2013 Neco Timetable / Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.