Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,715 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) (47797 Views)

UNILAG Releases 2018/2019 Postgraduate Results / "The Results Are Fake": JAMB Speaks On Release Of UTME 2018 Results / JAMB: Results Are Now Out For 13th Of May Candidates ( Screenshot ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by ehissi(m): 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2017
coolegbo:
UNIBEN I hail thee. Who no go no know. That's our new slogan. The academic system there is bizarre.

That one na serious upgrade from, "Them don paste am"....... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 19, 2017
mcpat:
I beg to disagree.

I might not be a Postgraduate student of any institution but I schooled in the Faculty of Engineering UNIBEN for my undergraduate studies.

The Department of EEE is the best in terms of student - lecturer relationship and always produce the best grades year in year out. In my set they produced 15 1st class, and the year before that 10. They are the highest producers of first class scholars in the whole school.

Rumours have it that a score of 67-69 will still give u an A in EEE because of how lenient the lecturers are.

With the few points stated above, I think it is safe to say that if the department of EEE says that 25% pass all courses then indeed 75% did not achieve such feat. I can categorically state that both the University Admission Board and the University Senate will not listen to whatever you have to say based on antecedents.

I also fault your resolve to post others people result in public domain without the permission of the students in question.

Cc

Davide470 Jamean Ferdyboss 4emmanueltosin
this is a postgraduate issue...you have spoken well from your undergraduate experience....

postgraduate section of EE dept is different...

one year lecture period then exams are written once not in semesters...

it is a different students/lecturers relationship...

1 Like

Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by mcpat(m): 12:43pm On Aug 19, 2017
Omon8:
this is a postgraduate issue...you have spoken well from your undergraduate experience....

postgraduate section of EE dept is different...

one year lecture period then exams are written once not in semesters

My point is, it's in the same department, conducted by the same lecturers in the same environment.
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 19, 2017
mcpat:

My point is, it's in the same department, conducted by the same lecturers in the same environment.
same lecturers, different programme
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by piagetskinner(m): 1:05pm On Aug 19, 2017
ottohan:
Dey shuldnt be failing pg students naa..
atleast an E will be good enuf..
A programme of just 18 months na wahh..
Dem go start from beginning d pay schl fees

then what kind of post graduate students will the universities be producing??

these are people who might later take up lecturing jobs oo...UV gotta know the stuff well to pass it unto others..

in university of Ilorin any score below 50% is fail
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by NosaHenry(m): 1:11pm On Aug 19, 2017
If you want to know where the blame lies you must study the result both horizontally and vertically. from vertical view i don't think the lecturers are wicked or to blame, they all award As, Bs, Cs, etc. Any student that fail is to be blamed. Go back and do the needful
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by Moblord(m): 1:25pm On Aug 19, 2017
welcome to Nigeria where lecturers will treat u as if you know nothing
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by banio: 1:31pm On Aug 19, 2017
Useless University. Post graduate grading and undergraduate grading is not the same. That means the Lecturers want to work till 100years, because at this rate body will qualify for PHD
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by oluwaahmed: 1:38pm On Aug 19, 2017
delivryboy:
Don't study for postgraduate program in Nigeria, lecturers and the entire school believes they are giving you a certificate that will make you too great in life, hence they will make life extremely difficult if not impossible. How come the same Nigerians go to UK schools and make first class look so easy?

As in ehn, Msc in naija is smetyn else. Truth is most of d lecturers are wicked & jealously guard d Msc like it wld giv u 100% job wen u finish. Dese lecturers knw dat wen u posses d Msc u wld likely go 4 PhD, so dey wld frautrate u outa d system. D lecturers are not saints, dey are also as corrupt as our politicians if not more wen given d chance. In nigeria lecturers secretly & jealously guard deir knowledge so dat dey can take it 2 d grave. How many PHD holders av u seen in nigeria, dat are below 35 (dats d ones dat pass tru our naija system) very very rare.dats why one of d conditions dey gave Jonathan was to increase deir retirement age 4rm 60 to 70. U wld be in class, no lecturer 2 teach u Msc or mphil, no doctors nuttin, u won't see d main lecturers cos dey R off to a private schl based on consultancy. Instead of wastin ur money on Msc find a job or start a small capital wit dat money. I was doin my Msc wit unilag b4 I got a job wit one big company. I was stuck btwn chosin d job or doin Msc & d job was in phc. I chose d job, one of my friend had d same offer but he chose d Msc, do u knw dis boy was unemployed 4 anoda 3 yrs? I was unemployed for 3 yrs b4 I started d Msc, imagine if I had turned down dat job, mayB I 4 still dey unemployed. Now after workin 4 years I saved enuff money did my masters abroad, d rest is history. Wen I look back I don't regret abandonin dat Msc, even assistant lecturers dey tell u say dey spend 8 yrs jst 2 get phd

3 Likes

Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by estine17: 1:42pm On Aug 19, 2017
Uniben is always like that. In other countries lecturers are happy when their students come out with good result but not in Nigeria or Uniben to be specific.

1 Like

Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by PatrickOkunima(m): 1:44pm On Aug 19, 2017
And what makes you think the person you quoted his comment is a novice? FYI, I graduated from the same Uniben (Accounting Class of 2009/2010). In addition, I also hold a Masters degree. Does that sound to you like someone who has no idea of the Nigerian educational system?
ehissi:

That is what novices who havent entered the system before will say.

Go and meet men like Dr Godspower in Computer Science department in UNIBEN, with their lecturing, atitude et al. reset your brain, you go know how far............ undecided

Or best yet, go and take course from Reverend Fapohunda, Marketing, from University of Ibadan...........

In short, if you can take Marketing Information Systems from Reverend Fapohunda and score 90%, I go personally baff nekked for the centre of any Ringroad in any state of the Federation of your choice........ grin
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by Aliii(m): 1:49pm On Aug 19, 2017
sanandreas:
Very poor result. Dem go school go play ni
lecturers dey teach again? Nor be blocking them base now..you nor get money forget school go do Go if your mind nor carry am learning work
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by victorkudos02: 2:33pm On Aug 19, 2017
Asin ehn, not just Electrical oooo, Mechanical department too is facing d same thing, seems dey derive joy in students returning.... sometin should be done about dis.
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by luiginho2xl(m): 3:02pm On Aug 19, 2017
PatrickOkunima:
I'm aware of that. I was also a student of the same University of Benin. But that is not the case here. Take a close look at the uploaded results and you'll see what I'm talking about. If it were a case of lecturers frustrating students, it will be mass failure on 1 or 2 courses. Example: in my 100 level at Uniben (over 10 years ago), there was this Pol Science course we took. It was a very simple course, but the highest grade awarded by this lecturer was C. More than 90% of the students got F, myself inclusive. It was rumored that he misplaced the scripts and decided to award marks the way he liked to students. Not up to a year after the incident, he was sacked. I don't know if it was for the same offence or a different one.
Patrick how far
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by PatrickOkunima(m): 3:06pm On Aug 19, 2017
Fine sir, I have replied your pm.
luiginho2xl:
Patrick how far
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by veron007: 4:03pm On Aug 19, 2017
This is not bad naaaa, compared to what I saw in UNN during my undergraduate days.

Omon8:
I am using this opportunity to call on the management of uniben to look at the postgraduate students results of the electrical/electronics department released August 1,2017

Less than 25% of students had credit in all seven courses after 1year lecture period with exams taken once

Some lecturers in the department have joy in seeing students return for extra year....

This is just too poor

Please help move to frontpage

Some Photos of results sheet attached....

PP:Pass proceed to project

FW:Fail Withdraw

Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by adetes: 4:45pm On Aug 19, 2017
Most of them are working and don't v time to read
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 19, 2017
mcpat:

You wouldn't understand until you get and see things for yourself. Don't be surprised that most of the lectures need money to change scores
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 19, 2017
piagetskinner:

then what kind of post graduate students will the universities be producing??

these are people who might later take up lecturing jobs oo...UV gotta know the stuff well to pass it unto others..

in university of Ilorin any score below 50% is fail
Anything below 50 is fail according to NUC standard

1 Like

Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 19, 2017
NosaHenry:
If you want to know where the blame lies you must study the result both horizontally and vertically. from vertical view i don't think the lecturers are wicked or to blame, they all award As, Bs, Cs, etc. Any student that fail is to be blamed. Go back and do the needful
It goes beyond horizontal and vertical view of the results. That department has issues and the corrupt practices is so obvious. Most lecturers believe postgraduate students are rich persons so they expect bribe from them. Don't be surprised that out of the 24% as alleged, 12% must have sorted themselves. My hear Don full with things wen dry hapi for dat school especially dat department. Management and social sciences is the worst ,dem non dey hide am sef
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by taiwo3489(m): 7:22pm On Aug 19, 2017
Is it normal for a lecturer to just come to class and give assignments.... no lecture wat so ever..... be lecturing practical course with mouth.... and expecting me to be perfect
undecidedIs it normal for a lecturer to just come to class and give assignments.... no lecture wat so ever..... be lecturing practical course with mouth.... and expecting me to be perfect
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by acorntree(m): 7:32pm On Aug 19, 2017
kaii students just dey suffer in this country. see mass failure and yet their lecturers will be galivating up and down calling themselves professor with nothing to profess. if these set of students should find themselves in advanced and saner academic system you see most making first class. in safer economy these lecturers supposed to be queried and their certificate properly scrutinized, to know how they obtain their first ,second degree and any other paraded degrees

1 Like

Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by trumpcoat(m): 7:37pm On Aug 19, 2017
Rorachy:
Some lecturers are bent on frustrating students, its not always about not studying enough.
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 19, 2017
[quote author=trumpcoat post=59636045][/quote]yes...the failure in both power and telecomms is alarming..
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by gp6liveth(m): 8:34pm On Aug 19, 2017
Have you seen the result from Accounting dept?
I did 22 course plus publications and seminars for only 2semesters in 2014. We were like guinea pigs then.

But thank God I made a cgpa above 3.5.

They truly derive joy in seeing u failing

1 Like

Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 19, 2017
cc...Prof Edeko,
prof ubeku,
prof osasogie,
prof ike,
prof igbinovia,
prof joy,
Dr Eguaile,
Dr pat orukpe,
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 19, 2017
PatrickOkunima:
These days, students are no longer serious with their studies. They will not prepare for exams, but will expect good results. SMH. The ones that passed, do they have two heads?

If you don't know what to say,please shut up
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:18pm On Aug 19, 2017
Who is this idiot?
jeytee:

If you don't know what to say,please shut up
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by mystikal(m): 9:19pm On Aug 19, 2017
How did the students that passed, pass?
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by RegalD(m): 10:07pm On Aug 19, 2017
If electrical result bad reach this point......how Mechanical ENG won be?
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by BentSpoon(m): 11:25pm On Aug 19, 2017
shocked

IMSU and UNIBEN

Fear this schools
Re: University Of Benin Postgraduate Results Are Terrible (Photos) by Nobody: 12:20am On Aug 20, 2017
PatrickOkunima:
Who is this idiot?

An idiot who happens to be richer then you,your father,your family and entire generation combined....I need not say more,just listen when I talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. / 2013 Neco Timetable / Why Mr Ayodele Dada Shouldn't Be Given A National Honour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.