Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,629 members, 7,820,221 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Over 2 Million Copies Sold! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Over 2 Million Copies Sold! (2002 Views)

What Will You Do If Your New Book Sells 1 Million Copies? / I Need Ideas On How To Sell The First Thousand Copies Of My Book. / Chinua Achebe's "Things Fall Apart" Has Sold Over 10 Million Copies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 2 Million Copies Sold! by wumifab(m): 3:37pm On Feb 17, 2010
Lanre Akpan, a 21 year old nigerian whose book “shouts of a whisper” has sold over two million copies around the globe is…
I sit back and ask myself, is this possible for books written by nigerians and published in Nigeria? This might be a ficticious story but the question keeps lingering, why can’t it happen, often? Why can’t our books gross in millions in sales?

Do the western world have better contents that make there books instant success? Not always. Do they have better literary prowess we can’t attain? Of course not, Prof. Wole Soyinka proved them wrong. So why do our books loss steam having sold just few copies, some selling just a few hundreds?

The answer can’t be far fetched, some of our authors do not dedicate time in reasearch while others have poor writing skills, plain simple! The  few that tackles these first two inevitable evils only work tirelessly at having there book gotten out of press, no plans on how to get it in the hands of the readers.

Authors spend months even years in the closets writing books but if published they do not spend a moment thinking of how to get there books sold. Our story is similar to the proverbial hard working farmer who after a fruitful year does not know how to get his produce to the city. What  a waste!

Really, it’s hard enough to be an author, to couple that with marketing, it could be killing! That is why at MagicWand Publishing, we believe Authors should be Authors and Salemen should stick to selling. Publishing with us gives authors an unequalled priviledge to not just get the best in print and design but also a detailed marketing/selling outlay. Even for client who publish on our vanity plan, a marketing plan is drawn out to help them poliferate the market, making an impact that will be felt the world over.

Who say there's no hope for publishing in Nigeria and Africa as a whole? We have come to set the pace, redefine the terms and renew litrary zest. A radical revolution has come in publishing.

MagicWand Publishing…where the magic is you.
Please visit www.booksbymagicwand.com
and drop a message at
info@booksbymagicwand.com.ng

we published "a heart to mend" in nigeria and a host of others. check the list below of some

Re: Over 2 Million Copies Sold! by MyneWhite1(f): 8:12pm On Feb 17, 2010
I ask myself that question too. Way to go.
Re: Over 2 Million Copies Sold! by kay9(m): 4:32pm On Feb 18, 2010
Myne White:

I ask myself that question too. Way to go.

I second that.
Re: Over 2 Million Copies Sold! by scribesed: 5:41pm On Feb 18, 2010
@Wumifab. Does this MagicWand Publishing happen to have a physical or web address?
Re: Over 2 Million Copies Sold! by wumifab(m): 6:37pm On Feb 18, 2010
@scribesed
Thanks for asking. Yes we do have a physical address. we are based in ikeja, Lagos Nigeria and our site will be up and running in few days. if you need to reach us, please do not hesitate to call our phone lines and a meeting will be arranged.

234-8098643221, 234-80598643221
magicwandpublishing@gmail.com
Re: Over 2 Million Copies Sold! by ravenzord(m): 5:51am On Feb 20, 2010
Wonderful development, hope we'll be seeing bestselling Nigerian books in the near future. Don't you think the fact that the Nigerian populace doesn't really read anymore is part of the problem? And the fact that their publishers don't get their books to an appreciative audience.
Re: Over 2 Million Copies Sold! by Caringpro(f): 11:32am On Feb 20, 2010
@ Wumifab,

I CALLED YOU AND SENT YOU AN EMAIL BUT I AM STILL EXPECTING YOUR REPLY. I ASKED IF I CAN COME TO YOUR OFFICE AT IKEJA. 0803444, ;REMEMBER THE NUMBER? MY WORKS ARE READY
Re: Over 2 Million Copies Sold! by wumifab(m): 1:12pm On Feb 20, 2010
@Caringpr
Yeah! Got ur mail. I believe that was the story of Hong. Pls call so we can arrange a meeting.

Thanks.

We are honored to be of service to you.

+2348098643221, +23480598643
magicwandpublishing@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Pastor's Second Wife - Episode 8 / �•City Dreams•� (A Chicklit/YA Novel) / Diary Of Austin 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.